Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains (51619 Views)

Tweet Of The Morning: Nigerian Trains (Screenshot) / GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains / The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
They should do something about the single rail line running through Oshodi-Agege route.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by dat9jaguy(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
ochejoseph:
It took GEJ 2 years to complete the Complex Abuja - kaduna High speed rail line with multiple state of the art train stations along the route!

It took 2 years to revive a comatose rail system bringing back the kano Lagos line which for over 18 years have been in non existent 
The Enugu mass transit city rail system and the Enugu- Port harcourt rail line is up and fully delivering the desired dividends to Nigerians 

Now compare with this 

Buhari cancelled the lagos rail system initiated by Jakande a system that would have solved the grid lock issues of Lagos, today lagosians are still paying for that for the sins of semi literate cattle herder 

Fashola 

He seats on the largest IGR in Nigeria netting over 12 Billion excluding VAT and FGN allocation! 

He has been constructing an intercity  metro rail project for  8 good years, despite his visit to some tokunbo trains in Canada, there is still no sign of his trains 

Amaechi 

Here comes to foolish one, this one has a non functional grey matter he has liquidated Rivers state in search of non existent positions, till date he has spent Billions on a1 KM  metro rail project that is not going anywhere leaving port harcourt in shambles 

Yet this folks go around telling people not vote Jonathan! 

May God Help us to vote wisely 

Abacha started this project(if you are not too lazy,do your research).After claiming APC projects,PDP are now claiming a dead man's achievement.
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by zizytd(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
balladin:

So you are the one that prepares the president's scorecard? You are a joke.
We keep deceiving ourselves dat is our worst problem. In a sane country if Jonathan comes out for 2nd tenure,he will be shamed to death,naija anything goes na y u dae c Jonathan dae do anyhow where d citizens don't have a choice na.

2 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by 9jamustchange: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
'It is people like u who are unfortunately in the helms of affair in this nation who are ready to trade the souls of its citizen for a few dollar.'

Bros, tell them again. They have this despicable idea that they can deceive people cheaply.
Like Judas they have collected the soul damning piece of silver and are out to betray themselves, their family, the nation and their motherland just for peanuts that will soon prove bitter. Cursed is he who calls evil good (Holy scriptures).
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1981527_train2_jpeg5fdbcc40c1493380d4e290e519e45015

This picture in a way represents the Nigeria of our dreams. A modern Nigeria that works for the people, not just the elite. Kudos to Mr President for at least showing us what we're capable of as a country, and as Africa's largest economy. We needed it. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by samopeyemi: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
Up next.....

Prof Yemi Osinbajo will lead his campaign train into the train cheesy

Anyway, All i Know is that we need a change. President GEJ is corrupt and is also surrounded by highly corrupt people. Too many corrupt acts have gone unpunished, no respect for the rule of law, everybody (highly placed) does whatever he wants at any time. (good or bad). I refuse to be deceived....... WE NEED FRESH AIR.

One more thing, he should make sure he connect rail tracks from Abuja to Otuoke cheesy
Ile yaaaaaaa!!!!
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by LRNZH(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
ROSSIKE:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1981527_train2_jpeg5fdbcc40c1493380d4e290e519e45015

This picture in a way represents the Nigeria of our dreams. A modern Nigeria that works for the people, not just the elite. Kudos to Mr President for at least showing us what we're capable of as a country, and as Africa's largest economy. We needed it. cool

You're celebrating mediocrity here. Refurbished locomotives.

See what other countries are doing with similar amounts of funds.
https://www.nairaland.com/2067016/photos-unreleased-pwc-audit-report-what
That's your opportunity cost right there.

1 Like

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
gunuvi:
Whoever is saying GEJ did not perform will soon be visited with the wrath of God.
Let us compare GEJ with other previous thieves that ruled this country before him especially Obasanjo and you will see that it is envy that is affecting GEJ critics.
Ride on boss! GEJ till 2019

Err.....OBJ brought telecommunications dude/babe
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by rozayx5(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
samopeyemi:
Up next.....

Prof Yemi Osinbajo will lead his campaign train into the train cheesy

Anyway, All i Know is that we need a change. President GEJ is corrupt and is also surrounded by highly corrupt people. Too many corrupt acts have gone unpunished, no respect for the rule of law, everybody (highly placed) does whatever he wants at any time. (good or bad). I refuse to be deceived....... WE NEED FRESH AIR.

One more thing, he should make sure he connect rail tracks from Abuja to Otuoke cheesy
Ile yaaaaaaa!!!!

please tell him to avoid that idea if your his PA, cause the probability of him getting stoned is high

1 Like

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by ireneony(f): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
pimplucious:
A single live is far more important than any amount of train or whatsoever. Even if the whole of naija is turned into a well refurbished train I don't give a damn just do something about ur cluelessness and the #ChibokGirls then u might get my support.

Untill then let only the narrow minded and intern rodents keep clamoring for a 2nd term which I doubt u will get.
shut up and stop being enemy of progress.....for happy for onceundecided . You are seeing white but you are turning it to black. No matter the party you support, that doesn't mean you have to rubbish what Jonathan just did..be happy for once

2 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Sunshinelady(f): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
pimplucious:

U see, our major problem in Nigeria are people like u who are sooo narrow minded, unexpose, least intelligent. Who bemuse on regular things seemingly because of their level of exposure. People like u whose level of intelligence and exposure is cruelly restricted within a certain circle.

People like u whose live revolve round a very limited style, who have really not experience life itself and are not ready to learn, who embrace lies folly and deception with all their might and ready to die for it.

it is people like u who don't understand the greatest resources of any nation is its human capital. It is people like u who are unfortunately in the helms of affair in this nation who are ready to trade the souls of its citizen for a few dollar. Continue to wallow in misery.
. Enyi beko meshie onu nshi
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by dat9jaguy(m): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
Please everyone should Google WEEKLY TRUST of 31st MAY,2014,for the full story of our railway.
These guys have nothing to showcase as their achievements so they turn to half truths and outright lies.

Or simply Google 'Abacha and railway',you will find the article there.
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
ireneony:
shut up and stop being enemy of progress.....for happy for onceundecided . You are seeing white but you are turning it to black. No matter the party you support, that doesn't mean you have to rubbish what Jonathan just did..be happy for once

Hmmmmn. U ehn. I'm watching closely & keenly.
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by samopeyemi: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
rozayx5:

please tell him to avoid that idea if your his PA, cause the probability of him getting stoned is high

Na so una dey do for una party. By the way, whose property is that train? Him go carry am go Otuoke ba?
undecided
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by YoungIncredible: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
pimplucious:

U see, our major problem in Nigeria are people like u who are sooo narrow minded, unexpose, least intelligent. Who bemuse on regular things seemingly because of their level of exposure. People like u whose level of intelligence and exposure is cruelly restricted within a certain circle.

People like u whose live revolve round a very limited style, who have really not experience life itself and are not ready to learn, who embrace lies folly and deception with all their might and ready to die for it.

it is people like u who don't understand the greatest resources of any nation is its human capital. It is people like u who are unfortunately in the helms of affair in this nation who are ready to trade the souls of its citizen for a few dollar. Continue to wallow in misery.

Bros, abeg, what is the summary of this your hullabalu?.

Becos some people acted nollywood with 270+ girls, we shouldn't breath again?.
Typical nigerian mentality.
When you can't impregnate your wife, blame it on govt.
When you can't provide food for your family, blame it on Gej.
When your father is uselessly lazy to work hard like the Dangote's and co who build wealth for their generation, you blame it on Gej.
When you couldn't tidy up your dirty environment and you got malaria, you blame it on GEJ.
Bros abeg go sleep inside gutter jaree.

2 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by taharqa: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
muhamm3d:
So u voted for gej to revive the rail system in 4 years. This can be revived in just 6months by a serious govt. What of electricity, corruption, standard of living, cost of living, roads, removal of fuel subsidy which will happen immediately after reelection. Gej will nver rule nigeria again not in this life. Buhari has all our votes. U all know this. Sai buhari!!! Is railway d major problem of nigeria? Do u knw hw many pple generator fumes hv killed as result of lack of electricity? How many ppl hv lost dere lives due to d lack of rail. Ur here celebrating mediocrity. The train is probbly in lagos and environs and abuja. Am sure if u hear d amount of money spent now it wil b enough to buy trains fr every street in nigeria. Corrupt fools. Painted old train green white green u all here celebrating crap. Thieves.
My 'frnd', just SHUT UP abeg!!
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Ibime(m): 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
Every election, GEJ will send one train, then you hear nothing till the next election.

Same as 2010.

4 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by eleven(m): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
sukkot:
Whether you choose to accept it or not, reality is that over 90 percent of the population have to be flogged into discipline. i can live with that fact.

It's a very big shame you believe at this stage of your life you have to be flogged to behave correctly as an adult in 2014. It tells a lot about your person. SMH seriously for your retrogressive way of reasoning. A very big shame indeed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
LRNZH:

See what other countries are doing with [b]similar amounts of funds.[/b]

Just the first project I saw on your link and I knew you were ignorant.

Saudi Arabia with a population of just 28 million has oil and gas reserves 10 times the size of Nigeria's (pop, 170 million) and she exports 9 million barrels of oil per day, compared to Nigeria's 2 million barrels.

How then can you say they have ''similar income''? How can they have similar priorities?

That Saudi airport cost $7.2 billion. That's roughly a quarter of our annual budget you're saying we should use to build one airport!

7 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by YoungIncredible: 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
orobs93:
all this pdp fanatics una nor get single shame for body...
can u imagine...railway and train?...
well most of you are under 18 and depend on ur parents for life and you don't know what they go through on a daily basis just to provide for you..
you don't know how dey get fuel for you.
You don't know how hard dey pray just for your protection
you don't know how hard they work just to provide for you.
you don't even know how hard they have to fight other people just for the sake of their family..

I believe if u were directly involved you will have a rthink.

If you dedicate all this your book of lamentation on GeJ, then what is the duty of the member of the house of assembly in your ward?,
the federal representative of your senetorial district who gets millions of naira allocation to cater for your district?.
The Oba of your town who claims to be king of your area? And finally,
The Governor whom you elected with your thumb to govern the state where you live in?.
If your book of lamentation omitted the names of those people and you expect Gej who stays in Abuja to come to your street to provide security?, then you are the baddest Ediot ever liveth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
The interior looks ok. I hope it's not the train that takes over 20 hours to get to Kano from Lagos.

For those arguing for HSR, HSR can only be used on high-yield routes which can guarantee a corresponding ROI. HSR is very expensive to set up, and cannot be reasonably deployed in all nooks and crannies of the country.
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Babprosper20(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
I have never heard Of GEJ or any other prominent politician using a train to travel, have you heard
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by LRNZH(m): 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
LRNZH:

See what other countries are doing with similar amounts of funds.
ROSSIKE:

Just the first project I saw on your link and I knew you were ignorant.

Saudi Arabia with a population of just 28 million has oil and gas reserves 10 times the size of Nigeria's (pop, 170 million) and she exports 9 million barrels of oil per day, compared to Nigeria's 2 million barrels.

How then can you say they have ''similar income''? How can they have similar priorities?

That Saudi airport cost $7.2 billion. That's roughly a quarter of our annual budget you're saying we should use to build one airport!

You're really dumb with this logic.

So while Saudi will efficiently use $7.2Billion to build a world class airport your GEJ Gov't has admitted it can't account for at least $10Billion.

Yet you're talking about population and budget even buttressing my point. If Nigeria is poorer and has more population shouldn't we be more prudent with our resources?

Ignorance. SMH

1 Like

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
Babprosper20:
I have never heard Of GEJ or any other prominent politician using a train to travel, have you heard

Hardly anyone at all in Nigeria has used trains for nearly 30 years. What are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by ooshinibos: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
what OBJ couldnt do GEJ did :-)
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by titoetal(m): 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
Algebra12:
I don't know if its just me, but I noticed that APC supporters on NL avoid threads that depict good works from govt, but feast on any perceived negatives on the path of govt.

Opposition does not mean being enemy to progress, but providing alternative ideas to policies they disagree with. opposition doesn't have to wait till it gets into govt to effect changes, it lobbies to get its point of view to sell. Good a thing, APC has majority in the lower chamber, so what change has those thieves wrought to convince us that APC is better?

Honestly, we need to re-examine the kind of politics we play in this land.

That's where the "change party" is failing it. Always shouting corruption and insecurity.Who amongs them can come out clean of corruption? Though the insecurity has some ideological tone of a sect, it also has a political affiliate.
Anyway, as many as have refused to acknowledge that some good things are popping up from this administration, let them not feel bad if anyone fails to acknowledge theirs.

1 Like

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by iphanyiuma(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
GEJ till I get bald head
grin
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
LRNZH:

[b]You're really dumb with this logic.

So while Saudi will efficiently use less that $7.2Billion to build a world class airport your GEJ Gov't has admitted it can't account for at least $10Billion.

GEJ ''admitted'' that in your drunken hallucinations. BTW, do you know just how much the Saudi sheikhs embezzle every year? Go to London, Paris and Switzerland and see how they've colonized the choicest areas and live in grand palaces like no other. The only thing saving the Saudis is they only have 28 million mouths to feed, yet earn 10 times more than Nigeria does. Their elite can afford to embezzle multi-billions and still provide basic services and ''world class airport'' etc for their tiny population. Don't come in here making them out to be ''prudent'' and ''efficient''.

4 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
This thread rekindled my vote for President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.... GEJ till 2019... My PVC, My Vote, My GEJ..

3 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by zheroes(m): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
Bleep shit!!! i cant find this train in lagos ooooo. am not biased!!!!!!
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by sova(m): 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
dat train is expensiv, #750 per trip
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by sukkot: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
eleven:

It's a very big shame you believe at this stage of your life you have to be flogged to behave correctly as an adult in 2014. It tells a lot about your person. SMH seriously for your retrogressive way of reasoning. A very big shame indeed.
take a trip to oshodi and orile and mile 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Zoo Road,Near Shoprite In Kano!!!!! / Picture Of Amaechi In Buba Attire, You Wont Believe He's The One / You Have Lost Your Opportunity: Wike Tells Reggae Dancers Trying To Sanction Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.