Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally (57081 Views)

Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by brainpower(m): 8:49am On Jan 09, 2015
I have come to understand that these people do not want GEJ to even come to the polls at all. They have tried different measures to stop him yet he is still kicking.

The president hasn't had a good opportunity like this to speak about the hypocrisy of our past leaders who are now forming agents of change.

Yes, he is right, GEJ is angry, angry cos they are lieing to the youths and escalanting the problems in the country.

He was replying all those that said he polarized the military and that's why he asked us the youths to ask the past leaders how many rifles they bought? Actually, Buhari was relieving soldiers of their jobs.

He knows he is working and he knows that propaganda is the only reason why an unelectable Buhari is now a contender, so his campaign will only be centered in teaching us the youths the truth of what's been happening in this country.We have been fooled enough.

That being said, they are all thesame including GEJ. All out for their own interest. So the APC should stop fooling us. The worst mistake they ever made was going to OBJ to solicit for his support, that was when I knew that they were all hypocrites.

With the kind of hypocrisy and pressure and betrayal that this man has faced from these men, I believe if he is re-elected, a lot will be revealed in this country about these men.
May God help us all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Tonynwaduche(m): 9:02am On Jan 09, 2015
I found it hard to make out something tangible from buhari's speech and it was so cos he has nothing to offer. He better go and rest cos we don't need a weak grandpa to rule us..GEJ all d way.

3 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by SeverusSnape(m): 9:05am On Jan 09, 2015
Mcbussy:

Dude STFU undecided...I'm not here because I'm interested in any party,and normally I even despise politics and the way its played,but sometimes,you have to just critically analyse all d irregularities in Nigerian politics.

Comparatively,do u think its proper for a leader that knows what he's doing to publicly cast blames of his failures or misfortune on his predecessors?

Despite all d criticism on Obama, have u ever heard him blame one problem on past leaders or Republicans?....or do u just think US doesn't have problems? Let's even consider developing countries; RSA, India, Ghana. Where have u ever heard a president in office publicly blaming the past leaders or oppositions for his administration's misfortunes? angry

The people that voted you in are aware of the fact that past leaders have put us in a bad shape. They voted u in with hope that u will change things in spite of all d setbacks. So why should he start giving excuses?...indeed, the kitchen is too hot for him,so I wonder why he wants to remain there in d 1st place.

If u ask me, Fashola's speech is a well constructed criticism. Kudos to a real SAN

Gej be blaming past leaders and opposition since 1523 BC ...give him 2,000 more years in office, he'll keep using the "Projection" defense mechanism to shift d blame of his failures to others grin
STFU TOO!!!...LAST TIME I CHECKED, I'M ENTITLED TO MY OPINION, SO DOES YOU. Which means you don't have the right to tell someone to shut up. Rubbish!
An educated person like you should know.

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by chacoonder(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2015
maestroferddi:
Fashola we have heard you but sorry, we can think on our own.

We think that the President made a stirring speech and score him 90%.
WoW!!!..You mean you would score Gej 90% for all d nonsense he garbled yesterday..This is really pathetic...#teambuharitsumi2015.

3 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by tola9ja: 9:14am On Jan 09, 2015
JESUS JONATHAN FOUND DEAD IN ASO ROCK ON FEB 14 RESURRECT IN OTUKE MAY 25

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by chacoonder(m): 9:20am On Jan 09, 2015
Mcbussy:

Dude STFU undecided...I'm not here because I'm interested in any party,and normally I even despise politics and the way its played,but sometimes,you have to just critically analyse all d irregularities in Nigerian politics.

Comparatively,do u think its proper for a leader that knows what he's doing to publicly cast blames of his failures or misfortune on his predecessors?

Despite all d criticism on Obama, have u ever heard him blame one problem on past leaders or Republicans?....or do u just think US doesn't have problems? Let's even consider developing countries; RSA, India, Ghana. Where have u ever heard a president in office publicly blaming the past leaders or oppositions for his administration's misfortunes? angry

The people that voted you in are aware of the fact that past leaders have put us in a bad shape. They voted u in with hope that u will change things in spite of all d setbacks. So why should he start giving excuses?...indeed, the kitchen is too hot for him,so I wonder why he wants to remain there in d 1st place.

If u ask me, Fashola's speech is a well constructed criticism. Kudos to a real SAN

Gej be blaming past leaders and opposition since 1523 BC ...give him 2,000 more years in office, he'll keep using the "Projection" defense mechanism to shift d blame of his failures to others grin
Nice one.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

Nigerian kitchen too hot for you; Get out -Fashola tells Jonathan

January 8, 2015 | Filed under: Featured,News Update | Posted by: nigeriapoliticsonline

Governor of Lagos State Mr. Babatunde Fashola today asked President Goodluck Jonathan to get out of kitchen because he has shown no capacity for withstanding the heat of governance.

Fashola in an apparent reaction to Jonathan’s campaigns speech in.Lagos today said the President’s speech in Lagos left sour taste in the mouths of Nigerians adding that Jonathan’s recriminations of past leaders for current failures did not help him.

Saluting the robustness of the ideas of the vice presidential candidate of the APC Prof Yemi Osinbajo who earlier spoke at a town hall meeting in Benin Fashola said he was disgusted by Jonathan’s speech where he articulated no plan of action on any of the critical sectors where the country had suffered.

“Osinbajo has been on this assignment for just three weeks and he has been able to articulate a clear direction where APC government plans to change things.

“But what do you have on the other side? I watch for almost one hour as the President campaigned in Lagos today and I begin to wonder.

“He did not reveal a plan on power. He did not reveal any plan on security. He did not reveal any plan over corruption.  I listened to him and all the President was doing was recriminations of those leaders before him forgetting that he has been on this assignment for six years.

As the popular saying goes If the kitchen is too for you, you must get out of the kitchen.”

Source:www.http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/nigerian-kitchen-too-hot-for-you-get-out-fashola-tells-jonathan/

Haba Fashola. Since 1999 (over 15 years now) you have been working on Security.. no end in sight, you have been working on Education -increasing school fees, you have been working on double-taxation, with no end in sight, you have been building $billion dollar roads, with no end in sight, you have been building mega city.. with no end in sight.. between 1999 and 2015.. you have kept the expectationsof Lagosians on High-Jump.. your God-father who is scared of technocrats has ignored the most intelligent crop of members of his party, prefering to vote thugs, family members and sycophants into the Lagos State Government and Federal Slots... how do you think an Undemocratic Party can bring about Democratic Change.. it seems you have nowhere to go after retiring.. guess what, we know you are also sponsoring some PDP candidates so just STFU biatch!

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Dbboy(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

Nigerian kitchen too hot for you; Get out -Fashola tells Jonathan

January 8, 2015 | Filed under: Featured,News Update | Posted by: nigeriapoliticsonline

Governor of Lagos State Mr. Babatunde Fashola today asked President Goodluck Jonathan to get out of kitchen because he has shown no capacity for withstanding the heat of governance.

Fashola in an apparent reaction to Jonathan’s campaigns speech in.Lagos today said the President’s speech in Lagos left sour taste in the mouths of Nigerians adding that Jonathan’s recriminations of past leaders for current failures did not help him.

Saluting the robustness of the ideas of the vice presidential candidate of the APC Prof Yemi Osinbajo who earlier spoke at a town hall meeting in Benin Fashola said he was disgusted by Jonathan’s speech where he articulated no plan of action on any of the critical sectors where the country had suffered.

“Osinbajo has been on this assignment for just three weeks and he has been able to articulate a clear direction where APC government plans to change things.

“But what do you have on the other side? I watch for almost one hour as the President campaigned in Lagos today and I begin to wonder.

“He did not reveal a plan on power. He did not reveal any plan on security. He did not reveal any plan over corruption.  I listened to him and all the President was doing was recriminations of those leaders before him forgetting that he has been on this assignment for six years.

As the popular saying goes If the kitchen is too for you, you must get out of the kitchen.”

Source:www.http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/nigerian-kitchen-too-hot-for-you-get-out-fashola-tells-jonathan/

On power how many times do you want to see his road map or are all APC suffering from collective Amnesia.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Mcbussy(m): 9:28am On Jan 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

STFU TOO!!!...LAST TIME I CHECKED, I'M ENTITLED TO MY OPINION, SO DOES YOU. Which means you don't have the right to tell someone to shut up. Rubbish!
An educated person like you should know.

I know, but for me,STFU doesn't mean "shut up", its an informal way of saying ur spewing trash tongue grin
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by SeverusSnape(m): 9:32am On Jan 09, 2015
Mcbussy:

I know, but for me,it doesn't mean "shut up", its an informal way of saying ur spewing trash tongue grin
Keep on defending yourself, when you know you're wrong.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Mcbussy(m): 9:40am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Mcbussy(m): 9:42am On Jan 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Keep on defending yourself, when you know you're wrong.

Not defending myself,I've got no right to stop u from speaking or posting ur opinion....was just saying u are so wrong.

Its not do or die for a christian or southerner to be president. If he's incompetent in his actions and dealings, we av to point that out.

So,stop d ethnic and religious bigotry and call a spade a spade. That's my point.

Note: I'm neither from d north nor a muslim, so please don't start that sectarian,ethnic or religious argument.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by SeverusSnape(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2015
Mcbussy:

Not defending myself,I've got no right to stop u from speaking or posting ur opinion....was just saying u are so wrong.

Its not do or die for a christian or southerner to be president. If he's incompetent in his actions and dealings, we av to point that out.

So,stop d ethnic and religious bigotry and call a spade a spade. That's my point.

Note: I'm neither from d north nor a muslim, so please don't start that sectarian,ethnic or religious argument.
Okay, I'm not about to start any tribal or religious fracas. I just said my mind, me and you knows that if Fashola was in PDP or Jonathan in APC, Fashola would have supported him for what he said, in fact, He would have been there with him campaigning. That's my point, I said it without any sentiments whatsoever.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by HzRF(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2015
As Fashola was blabbing as he had been directed by his father (Tinubu) to do
I expected him to give examples of how he has address power, transportation, and other areas he said GEJ hasn't done maybe gej can take a clue from..
But itz all blabbing..
He can even list the flowers he planted, street lights, Mikano generator they call power plant, how he has been transparent that he doesn't need to domesticated foi bill
All he said was trash expected from a gov that couldn't match his godfather for 8yrs

3 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by HzRF(m): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2015
I expected him to give examples of how he has address power, transportation, and other areas he said GEJ hasn't done maybe gej can take a clue from..
But itz all blabbing..
He can even list the flowers he planted, street lights, Mikano generator they call power plant, how he has been transparent that he doesn't need to domesticated foi bill
All he said was trash expected from a gov that couldn't match his godfather for 8yrs

I knw what gej gave them an unexpected shock yesterday.. Feb 14 u will completely get the shock in Stock

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 09, 2015
You have just said it all. Let the clueless kids on NL political forum keep fooling themselves. #GEJTILL2019 PDP TILL WHALES LAY EGGS
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''? Abeg GEJ till 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Mcbussy(m): 10:13am On Jan 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Okay, I'm not about to start any tribal or religious fracas. I just said my mind, me and you knows that if Fashola was in PDP or Jonathan in APC, Fashola would have supported him for what he said, in fact, He would have been there with him campaigning. That's my point, I said it without any sentiments whatsoever.

Well,maybe and maybe not...in that case, I would have been here criticising both Fashola and gej,because unlike most nairalanders, I'm not here to run free campaigns for any party grin....but as it stands, Fashola's criticism was on point.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 10:13am On Jan 09, 2015
chacoonder:
WoW!!!..You mean you would score Gej 90% for all d nonsense he garbled yesterday..This is really pathetic...#teambuharitsumi2015.
True talk..and some people think he was sincere cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 10:16am On Jan 09, 2015
Mcbussy:

Well,maybe and maybe not...in that case, I would have been here criticising both Fashola and gej,because unlike most nairalanders, I'm not here to run free campaigns for any party grin....but as it stands, Fashola's criticism was on point.

No single manifesto but some will claim Jonah is trying. I pity some people angry

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 10:19am On Jan 09, 2015
RaymondRay:
You have just said it all. Let the clueless kids on NL political forum keep fooling themselves. #GEJTILL2019 PDP TILL WHALES LAY EGGS

It will shock you after February when the story change and Buhari wins. I hope you won't have a heart attack. grin wink grin
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by francizy(m): 10:22am On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

He pointed some hard truth which you didn't refute. Why didn't he tell us what he will do for security, power, unemployment, e.t.c if he is elected. Or is this not the major issue on ground in Nigeria not worth addressing.

Fashola himself is no saint and he should stop criticizing people. If he had the interest of people at heart and cares about Lagosians, he wouldn't have skyrocketed LASU school fees! It shows that when he becomes president someday, ordinary men and poor people won't have access to education. It will be for the rich alone.

All politicians are the same, whether GEJ, Fashola, Tinubu, GMB... Cannot be trusted!
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 10:24am On Jan 09, 2015
HzRF:
But itz all blabbing..
So you believe the way Nigeria dey suffer sweet abi. Now you are advocating for continuity of this problems abi.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 09, 2015
I hope any of your relatives or friends in the north would have relocated before feb14 cos when the certificateless One loses, he'll set his Islamist zombie killers on rampage for another round of post-election violence to soak the streets with the blood of dogs and baboons. (unfortunately for you and him, we're ready for them. They should try it this time and see what will happen)

GEJ TILL 2019

Sunday8650:

It will shock you after February when the story change and Buhari wins. I hope you won't have a heart attack. grin wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by donmalcolm21(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''? Abeg GEJ till 2019
I ll borrow this your article.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by BobNeli(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

We no blame him, we said he don't have mind to dare boko haram. There is God o! They tell u say boko haram don't know. George bush confronted Alqaeda decisively immediately you have never see another 9/11 in USA. But here every week 1 bomb blast. Haba who brain wash una like this.

Fire they on top of mountain yet you said it is snow. 2000 killed in one day, military base captured na better thing! Please stop this GEJ till...Nonsense we are on fire here!!
The alqueda group is not an American indidineous terror syndicate. It is simply external. They only struck once and faced their own country which they have continued terrorising since then till now. Those countries, even though islamic states, are still feeling the brunt of these masked cowards that call themselves terrorists. Yet, they still have their leaders in place. If Bokoharam stops with Buhari taking over, them Buhari has questions to answer about the blood of the innocent Nigerians lynched by these terror group

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Tonynwaduche(m): 10:47am On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

You've said it all bro..GEJ all the way !!!

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

A beg help me ask him o! Everyone is eligible to via for presidency as a citizen

Did i just hear you say "everyone"? NO!! "Everyone" is not eligible to vie for the office of the President. Only those with WASSCE, GCE, NECO or its equivalent are eligible to contest. As far as i know Buhari's academic qualifications is still questionable.

Has he presented his O'level certificate to the INEC as stipulated by the Nigerian electoral act yet?
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by jovie50: 11:46am On Jan 09, 2015
donmalcolm21:
I ll borrow this your article.
no problem bro, pls do share it.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by jovie50: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

You are confused. When OBJ went to Investigates the grievances of Boko haram why don't you call him a sponsor, your GEJ publicly claim no girls was missing until the international communities start shouting for answers.

Your GEJ said boko haram will release the girls and that the girls are OK but till now no show.

Your GEJ said he have found evidence of public officers in government sponsoring boko haram. Till now evidence no show. Now name evidence of Inec.

Your GEJ said he wants northern leaders to help in the fight against boko haram, no one dare enter Borno but yet Buhari was willing to see a solution but that is a terrorist in your eyes.

2000kill one day, army dey remove kaaki run becos no one leading the country.

No one is more afraid than your president. Nigeria is now small middle east but the only person you see to fault is a general who gave his everything to serve you.

If GMB wan steal do you thing you will see anything to call reserve today. But he left office clean and honest not even your GEJ can deny that.

You make me laugh linking Buhari to Boko haram. Do you think buhari needs fight to divide Nigeria. He is the only grassroot politician with the highest northern support.

If he says North should divide many northern governors will back him. But yet his only desire is to see a Democratic and progressive Nigeria. Person that have been suffering you for 16years you said you like him better than some one who have a track record of transparency and honesty for just 1 year in office as head of state.(1984-1985).

1 year alone history remembers his transparency, but GEJ 6yrs money disappeared, boko haram collect one state, Naira dey do marathon with dollar wey no dey move.
You are shouting and clamoring that buhari is the man to curb corruption, but the same thieves and cronies sponsoring his campaigns are the most corrupt individuals hiding in the facade of being progressives or are you gonna defend them too?? And please I stated facts and not lies. If you want to refute all my facts, defend them with proofs, not insults. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by pacesetter939: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Even Buhari knows that GEJ is better than him! grin grin grin grin
GEJ is better than GMB in bringing the security apparatus to ridicule before the international community.
GEJ has alluded to the obvious!

Become a GMBmate today.

GMB all the way!

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by pacesetter939: 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
rudedough:

Did i just hear you say "everyone"? NO!! "Everyone" is not eligible to vie for the office of the President. Only those with WASSCE, GCE, NECO or its equivalent are eligible to contest. As far as i know Buhari's academic qualifications is still questionable.

Has he presented his O'level certificate to the INEC as stipulated by the Nigerian electoral act yet?
Are you saying the INEC that cleared him to run for the three previous consecutive elections didn't know what they were doing.
It's only the dumbass Jonathanians that would pay attention to this crap.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Babacele: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

REVEALED: Jonathan Presidency Begged
Buhari To Settle Abati
“Ungovernable” Slander Libel Suit Out of Court
Aug. 4, 2014
NewsRescue- Very
few Nigerians know
that it was a single
evil mastermind,
Jonathan’s media
man, Reuben Abati
that concocted the
deadly slanderous
accusation against
the person of ex-
head of state,
General Muhammadu Buhari, that claimed he
made statements of
making “Nigeria ungovernable,” in the event he
lost the 2011
presidential elections. Abati cooked up the
viral lies in a Guardian
publication captioned “For the attention of
General
Buhari” published in April of 2011.
Related: NewsRescue- EXPOSED: It Was PDP
That Promised To
Make Nigeria Ungovernable in 2011, Buhari
Never Did!
Buhari took him to court and as can be read
below, under begging
from the Presidency, Buhari agreed to settle
out-of-court and Abati
and the Guardian he used to be managing
editor for published a
public apology to Buhari on 11th July 2013.
But truth never
spread like the slander; and despite the
presidency begging Buhari,
the other than Abati, all the other media
‘dogs’ of the presidency
continued promoting the same slander. Rather
shocking to realize
this. NewsRescue has opened a $1000
challenge for whoever can
provide where Buhari ever said anything about
making Nigeria
ungovernable in 2011, just to dig out the truth
once and for all;
because this will be very unfair to the person
of Buhari that we
continue to peddle this evil slander.
An article we missed that was in all major
dailies:
By Comrade Godwin Ameh; DailyPost on
January 13, 2013
The presidency has begged
former Head of States and
national leader of
Congress for Progressive
Change (CPC), General
Muhammadu Buhari (rtd)
to settle out of court the
libel suit he filed against
the Special Adviser to the President on Media
and Publicity, Dr
Reuben Abati.
It would be recalled that Abati had on page 51
of the April 22,
2011, edition of The Guardian newspaper,
written an article
entitled “For the attention of General Buhari,”
where he claimed
that Buhari made an unguarded statement
which stirred the post-
election violence that almost tore the nation
apart.
The former Military General however, regarded
the publication as
libellous, aimed at denting his hard earned
name and image.
However, in a copy of the Terms of Settlement
filed before a Lagos
High Court in Ikeja, the ‘warring’ parties have
agreed to settle the
matter out of court.
According to the terms of settlement, dated
December 2012 and
filed before the administrative judge of Lagos
State, Justice
Opeyemi Oke, the claimant (Buhari), Mr. Tope
Adebayo ( lawyer
to Buhari), Abati and Mr. Kunle Sanyaolu
(lawyer to The
Guardian) signed the terms of settlement. But
the lawyer to the
first defendant (Abati), Dame Carol Ajie,
refused to sign the
document. The refusal may not be
unconnected to the conditions
and terms of the agreement.
It was gathered that the parties further agreed
that Abati and The
Guardian should retract and apologise to
Buhari in certain form
and contents.
“The claimant and defendants have agreed
and resolved that the
retraction and apology shall take the following
form and contents:
‘Re: For the attention of General Buhari’- On
April 22, 2011, The
Guardian Newspaper published an article on
Page 51 titled ‘For
the attention of General Buhari’ where certain
allegations were
made against General Muhammadu Buhari
(rtd), GCFR,
concerning the 2011 election and General
Buhari’s alleged role in
the violence emanating from the elections.
“The publication was based on information
which we believed to
be reliable at that time. Since the publication,
however, we now
have reason to believe that certain parts of the
story were not
verified to be correct before the publication.
“We assure General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd),
GCFR, of our
highest esteem and regret any distress or
embarrassment which
the said publication may have caused him.
“The claimant and defendants agree that on
the execution of these
Terms of Settlement, the defendants are
discharged from all or any
liabilities or obligations arising from the said
publication.”
http://dailypost.ng/2013/01/13/presidency-
begs-buhari-to-settle-
slander-case-out-of-court/
GUARDIAN Re: For the attention of General
Buhari
Thursday, 11 July 2013 00:00 Editor
SIR: “On April 22, 2011, The Guardian
Newspaper
published an article on page 51 titled “For the
attention of
General Buhari” wherein certain allegations
were made
against General Muhammadu Buhari’s alleged
role in the
violence emanating from the elections.
The publication was based on information
which we
believed to be reliable at that time. Since the
publication,
however, we now have reason to believe that
certain parts
of the story were not verified to be correct
before the
publication.
We assure General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd)
GCFR of our
highest esteem and regret any distress or
embarrassment
which the said publication may have caused
him.”
— Editor http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/
index.php?
option=com_
content&view=article&id=126723%3Are-for-
the-attention-of-general-buhari-&catid=77%
3Aletters&Itemid=613#
.Ud6sCDHgyY4.facebook
It was a PDP politician, Alhaji Lawal Kaita
that said:
“The North is determined if it happens, to
make Nigeria
‘ungovernable’ for President Jonathan or any
other
Southerner who finds his way to the seat of
power on the
platform of the PDP against the principle of
the party’s
zoning policy.”
“Ungovernable” came within the PDP and was
related to PDp
zoning issues. Makes sense? Now recollect
what NSA Andrew
Azazi revealed before he was killed and it all
adds up.
Related: NewsRescue- EXPOSED: It Was PDP
That Promised To
Make Nigeria Ungovernable in 2011, Buhari
Never Did!
Presidency begs Buhari to settle slander
case out of court
Buhari obliged: The out of court settlement
The Whole Truth about the “Ungovernable”
comment
Share 1
No comments:
Post a Comment
( Modify ) (Quote ) ( Report ) (Share )
Politics / Re: Buhari Condemned 2011 Post
( Modify ) (Quote ) ( Report ) 6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

It’s Now All About Nigerians Vs Buhari - Obasanjo / Ahmed Atiku Abubakar Weds Sa’adatu Hamidu (photo) / Unknown Gunmen Storm Onitsha As Residents Hail Them (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.