Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally (57080 Views)

Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
You are shouting and clamoring that buhari is the man to curb corruption, but the same thieves and cronies sponsoring his campaigns are the most corrupt individuals hiding in the facade of being progressives or are you gonna defend them too?? And please I stated facts and not lies. If you want to refute all my facts, defend them with proofs, not insults. Thanks
I appreciate your matured response. Now i want you to know is a thing of facts that there are corrupt politicians in PDP camp and APC camp as well. But right now we are searching for a candidate who will hold the interest of the masses above the party. that is why our focus was on Jonathan in 2011. Because he clamour to stand for us and fight for our interest.

Do you think when Nigerians were voting for Jonathan in 2011 they did not know that there are much corrupt officers in PDP. But they voted for Jonathan not PDP officers. But He didnt fight the corruption to our expectation. He openly acknowledge he knew those behind the horrific acts of Boko haram in the government but he didnt fight them or expose them.

He gave amnesty to nigeria politicians that stole money in government and gave Nigeria a bad name in the international community
He tried to defend stealing as not corruption.

$20billion dollar disappeared from Government reserve and he tells you they use it as subsidy and help control the naira and you believed. They same money was what CBN governor shouted out and he was fired and painted as a thief.

He has betrayed the trust of those that voted for him. Now we are shouting for change and we are looking at the records of BUHARI and Osibanjo as the possible replacement for Jonathan.

So we are not voting party but Candidates who we believe can rise up above party interest and put Nigeria first. Just as how we voted for jonathan and not PDP now we are backing Buhari and not APC.

If he disappoint and fails to meet our expectation we will vote him out. This is the change we are shouting for. The ability for us to show to politician they should perform or get out. This is not like before that a politician will think because he is in the ruling party he has a straight ticket to 2terms of corruption and no problem. Now the pot is very hot and they can see that for the first time. we are proving to them we can change them if they don't perform.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by rebranded(m): 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ is angry because he thinks GMB will jail him once he wins!

Eyah!

3 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
pacesetter939:

GEJ is better than GMB in bringing the security apparatus to ridicule before the international community.
GEJ has alluded to the obvious!

Become a GMBmate today.

GMB all the way!

All the way my brother cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

STFU TOO!!!...LAST TIME I CHECKED, I'M ENTITLED TO MY OPINION, SO DOES YOU. Which means you don't have the right to tell someone to shut up. Rubbish!
An educated person like you should know.
No fight and hating here please.
One love! cool cool cool
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
rebranded:
GEJ is angry because he thinks GMB will jail him once he wins!

Eyah!
Gbam well said! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
Scholes007:
I don't think most of you guys have gone to foreign affair forum and see the upgrade GEJ have done to the Nigerian armed forces...but you come he and ignorantly call your president a fisherman

Because we know better than be deceived.
Well when you start seeing mass exodus of politicians going to kirikiri after this election and your army fisherman go with them then you will see what have been stolen under your nose by this fisherman. Just wait it is just 36days to change in nigeria cool cool cool cool
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by size38: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
To me, GEJ is a failure. And he will continue to be a failure in power. Even if GEJ is given another 1000yrs in power, he will still give excuses and blame those before him for his failure. A pig is a pig. If u like bath a pig, cloth a pig and even perfume a pig. It will still remain a pig. That's what GEJ is.

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by jovie50: 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

I appreciate your matured response. Now i want you to know is a thing of facts that there are corrupt politicians in PDP camp and APC camp as well. But right now we are searching for a candidate who will hold the interest of the masses above the party. that is why our focus was on Jonathan in 2011. Because he clamour to stand for us and fight for our interest.

Do you think when Nigerians were voting for Jonathan in 2011 they did not know that there are much corrupt officers in PDP. But they voted for Jonathan not PDP officers. But He didnt fight the corruption to our expectation. He openly acknowledge he knew those behind the horrific acts of Boko haram in the government but he didnt fight them or expose them.

He gave amnesty to nigeria politicians that stole money in government and gave Nigeria a bad name in the international community
He tried to defend stealing as not corruption.

$20billion dollar disappeared from Government reserve and he tells you they use it as subsidy and help control the naira and you believed. They same money was what CBN governor shouted out and he was fired and painted as a thief.

He has betrayed the trust of those that voted for him. Now we are shouting for change and we are looking at the records of BUHARI and Osibanjo as the possible replacement for Jonathan.

So we are not voting party but Candidates who we believe can rise up above party interest and put Nigeria first. Just as how we voted for jonathan and not PDP now we are backing Buhari and not APC.

If he disappoint and fails to meet our expectation we will vote him out. This is the change we are shouting for. The ability for us to show to politician they should perform or get out. This is not like before that a politician will think because he is in the ruling party he has a straight ticket to 2terms of corruption and no problem. Now the pot is very hot and they can see that for the first time. we are proving to them we can change them if they don't perform.
I understand your view, but no government is 100% efficient. and mind you, if buhari cannot clear his party of corruption, I don't see how he will able to effect the needed change he claimed Nigeria desire( as you know charity begins in your backyard) and lemme leave you with this simple question: Assuming during a cancerous surgery operation, a doctor failed at performing a needed surgery to cure the patient and the patient died. Does it mean that the doctor doesn't have the ability or needed knowledge to cure cancer from a patient? Does it mean that the doctor has never cure a cancer patient before or cannot cure a cancer patient in the nearest future? And does it mean the doctor does not have a good knowledge and expertise of how to treat other diseases and sicknesses like malaria, typhoid, dysentery, HBP, etc

My point is that most people are blinded by the things GEJ hasn't done, instead of appreciate the ones he has done, I'm not a GEJ fanatic but atleast I have seen many of his notable achievements which I listed previously in my last post...... So sir, I hope we have come to an understanding......let the polls and electorate decide on FEB 14. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Jokay07(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
ikweremilitant:
aso rock is no longer meant for cattle rearers and amala swallowing rascals.
that's why kidnappers will never see the four walls of Aso rock even till jesus comes

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Tonynwaduche(m): 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
APC campaigned here in Aba today, a mere look at their faces would tell u they were making empty promises. I don't need a suit sayer to tell me they wouldn't even do 20% of what they promised. Well, for me it's GEJ all the way !!! GEJ2015.

3 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
Tonynwaduche:
APC campaigned here in Aba today, a mere look at their faces would tell u they were making empty promises. I don't need a suit sayer to tell me they wouldn't even do 20% of what they promised. Well, for me it's GEJ all the way !!! GEJ2015.

That is for you.I no need 20yrs to get common sense o! Me it is Buhari all the way my brother cool cool cool
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jokay07:
that's why kidnappers will never see the four walls of Aso rock even till jesus comes
Amen! smiley
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
I understand your view, but no government is 100% efficient. and mind you, if buhari cannot clear his party of corruption, I don't see how he will able to effect the needed change he claimed Nigeria desire( as you know charity begins in your backyard) and lemme leave you with this simple question: Assuming during a cancerous surgery operation, a doctor failed at performing a needed surgery to cure the patient and the patient died. Does it mean that the doctor doesn't have the ability or needed knowledge to cure cancer from a patient? Does it mean that the doctor has never cure a cancer patient before or cannot cure a cancer patient in the nearest future? And does it mean the doctor does not have a good knowledge and expertise of how to treat other diseases and sicknesses like malaria, typhoid, dysentery, HBP, etc

My point is that most people are blinded by the things GEJ hasn't done, instead of appreciate the ones he has done, I'm not a GEJ fanatic but atleast I have seen many of his notable achievements which I listed previously in my last post...... So sir, I hope we have come to an understanding......let the polls and electorate decide on FEB 14. Thanks

My brother lets leave it in the middle....Na Febuhari go change this conversation soon! cool cool cool
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
size38:
To me, GEJ is a failure. And he will continue to be a failure in power. Even if GEJ is given another 1000yrs in power, he will still give excuses and blame those before him for his failure. A pig is a pig. If u like bath a pig, cloth a pig and even perfume a pig. It will still remain a pig. That's what GEJ is.
Gbam! grin grin
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by donemperor: 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

George Bush that very same day flew to New York to the scene of the attack to console with the people of New York and help to search for survivors and that strengthen Americans confidence in the presidency

ask GEJ to go to borno now and I will vote for him February if he agrees and go there
abi ooo.gej na coward no b popaganda
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by aresa: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
mex22:
2phased individual. Why clapping then, when you detest everything about him.

You need to find out the reason why they clapped and cry for yourself after...
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by aresa: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:
If the kitchen is to hot for you get out grin grin grin Fashiola master.
Schooling our presido.

Eko oni baje o!

Basically.... Well said.

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by discusant: 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Fashola said: “And he kept saying ‘they say we don’t have a plan’ and for almost 45 minutes he did not reveal a plan on security,"
Unquote:

Tell Fashola that whatever security plans the incumbent govt did put up against Boko Haram were being sabotaged by the too many people in Nigeria who share same religious values with Boko Haram - and perhaps with Fashola. Or why could a small band of Boko Haram people resist Nigeria Army till today?

Unless Fashola wanted to tell us that Buhari who incited Muslims in 2001 to make sure that sharia is used all over Nigeria shall order his Boko Haram forces to stop action, if he becomes president.

Above all, tell Fashola and Co that if ever Buhari wins, Osibanjo shall never succeed Buhari, even in 2023; born to rule's brand of politics guarantees that.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Jarus(m): 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
Fashola, ogbeni yen l'enu bi razor.

The guy has fully turned into a politician in the last 1 year.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by princemillla(m): 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
Fashola God bless you..... I expected this from you and you spoke my mind....... Gej refuses to state his plan for the next dispensation.... Just kept on lamenting.......

Am a neutral man, but we want change... Naija vote wisely
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by ismyheal75: 7:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''? Abeg GEJ till 2019
Buharinomics was General Buhari’s economic program marshaled out to salvage the nation in 1984. He summarized the objective of his economic policy (as articulated in the 1984 budget) as follows: "To arrest the decline in the economy, to put the economy on a proper course of recovery and solvency, and to chart a future course for economic stability and prosperity" (West Africa, May 14, 1984). He had previously done similarly, in March while receiving the visiting Sudanese President, Gaafar Nimeiri. Upon his inquiring of what the new military government had in mind for the nation it then ruled, Buhari said to him: "The priority [of his administration] is for economic recovery, providing employment opportunities, improving people's living conditions, consolidating internal security and ensuring foreign respect" (Africa Now, March 1984). In a nutshell, Buharinomics set out to arrest the decline in the economy and refocus it towards recovery.

Buharinomics was to wean the nation off consumerism and profligacy, while channeling it towards frugality and productivity. To accomplish this, the government was to cut down on its expenditure, engage in more efficient restricting and controlling of foreign exchange outflow, undertake the revival of the country's productive capacity (concentration was on agriculture), and broaden government's revenue base. 

The first test of Buharinomics was implemented to revive the comatose banking industry and arrest local currency hoarding. In April 1984, the government ordered a change in the color of the Naira. This action was dubbed the “real coup” by unscrupulous business men and politicians who had almost eliminated the need for commercial banking in Nigeria by keeping their moneys under their mattresses or by trafficking them into neighboring West African countries. 

This currency change, which forced all holders of the naira notes into exchanging them for the new naira notes at commercial banks, infused billions that had remained unaccounted for into the banking industry and eliminated counterfeited currencies, which had inflicted inflationary and other nefarious effects on the economy. This measure had an immediate revitalizing effect in the banking industry and was an unqualified success. Banks that were close to collapsing became vibrant again, to the extent that some of them began to hire hitherto unemployed Nigerians.
To cut down on government expenses, the federal work force was cut by 30% and imports for 1984 pegged at 4 billion pounds (mostly on basic foodstuffs, spare parts, and raw materials for local industries), against 14 billion pounds spent in 1983. To ensure that Nigeria remained respectable on the international business world, Buhari committed to honoring Nigeria’s debt payment schedule irrespective of the limited earning potential of Nigeria. In August 1984, Buhari was on one of his meet-the-people nationwide tours, which he began as soon as the administration got on its feet. Everywhere he went, the people embraced him, coming out en mass and ushering him tumultuous cheers and unreserved applause.Inone of his speeches to the people (this one in Owerri), he reiterated Nigeria’s commitment to honoring its debts, the dire economic situation notwithstanding. "The task of this administration is how to persuade Nigerians to understand that for a number of years to come, we would be paying debts, the roads may be long and thorny but we believe that on our shoulders lies the responsibility to save our fatherland from devastation that has resulted from mismanagement" (Newswatch, February 18, 1985).

Buhari could not have been any more correct in his statement above. Assuming Nigeria took no further loans, its breakdown of loan repayments was as follows: 3.9 billion naira ($4.4 billion) in 1985, 3.7 billion naira ($4.19 billion) in 1986, 2.8 billion naira ($3.2 billion) in 1987, until a decrease to 703 million in 1991 (Concord Weekly, May 6, 1985). Nigeria’s precarious financial situation made it impossible for it to finance capital projects and meet up its balance of payment obligations. With oil export pegged at 1.3 million barrels per day by OPEC, borrowing from external sources became necessary. To this effect, Nigeria proposed borrowing 1.795m naira to finance its capital project from the IMF. The patriotism with which General Buhari handled Nigeria’s dealings with the IMF was the highlight and beauty of Buharinomics.

In order to qualify for the loan, IMF gave Nigeria certain conditions which must be met. In 1984 when the naira exchanged for $1.34, the IMF demanded a minimum of 60% devaluation of it. Buhari refused, agreeing only to a "crawling peg"—a mechanism whereby government would realign the currency gradually, forestalling or minimizing economic and social dislocations because of such drastic devaluation of its currency. In addition to the devaluation of the naira, IMF demanded that government took other drastic actions: (a) The government must remove its subsidy on petroleum. (b) It must curtail its expenditure. (c) Government must rationalize its tariff structures. (d) It must put a freeze on its wages. (e) It must put a total end of non-statutory transfers to State governments, (f) Government must at least institute a 30% raise on interest rates—government resisted this because the decline in its revenue earnings and its debt obligations made it almost impossible to raise interest rates without triggering inflation (West Africa, May 14, 1984).

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by iyrojc(m): 7:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
This apc guys seem to be visionless. Is it all about antagonism? They and their fellows are not ashamed. Their presidential flagbearer is my late granfather's mate. They vote Him into power and He rules for 6 months and die. May be That part of their agenda

3 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Emilong: 7:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
let the will of God be done.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by phlame(m): 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

See tinubu smile.... grin grin
So na so PDP go finish...even founders than decamp go APC. Na blind person go still dey shout "GEJ Till.." wan oyinbo they call this "abandon ship" Well soon confused piglets go soon enter naira land now they shout GEJ till... as if they are blind.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by BABANGBALI: 8:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
BrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by KLand(m): 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
FASHOLA, Buhari took your chance. I would have voted for you if you were Apc's presidential standard bearer. But with Buhari as their main man, I think I know were to put my vote.

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by discusant: 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
ismyheal75:

Buharinomics was General Buhari’s economic program marshaled out to salvage the nation in 1984. He summarized the objective of his economic policy (as articulated in the 1984 budget) as follows: "To arrest the decline in the economy, to put the economy on a proper course of recovery and solvency, and to chart a future course for economic stability and prosperity" (West Africa, May 14, 1984). He had previously done similarly, in March while receiving the visiting Sudanese President, Gaafar Nimeiri. Upon his inquiring of what the new military government had in mind for the nation it then ruled, Buhari said to him: "The priority [of his administration] is for economic recovery, providing employment opportunities, improving people's living conditions, consolidating internal security and ensuring foreign respect" (Africa Now, March 1984). In a nutshell, Buharinomics set out to arrest the decline in the economy and refocus it towards recovery.

Buharinomics was to wean the nation off consumerism and profligacy, while channeling it towards frugality and productivity. To accomplish this, the government was to cut down on its expenditure, engage in more efficient restricting and controlling of foreign exchange outflow, undertake the revival of the country's productive capacity (concentration was on agriculture), and broaden government's revenue base. 

The first test of Buharinomics was implemented to revive the comatose banking industry and arrest local currency hoarding. In April 1984, the government ordered a change in the color of the Naira. This action was dubbed the “real coup” by unscrupulous business men and politicians who had almost eliminated the need for commercial banking in Nigeria by keeping their moneys under their mattresses or by trafficking them into neighboring West African countries. 

This currency change, which forced all holders of the naira notes into exchanging them for the new naira notes at commercial banks, infused billions that had remained unaccounted for into the banking industry and eliminated counterfeited currencies, which had inflicted inflationary and other nefarious effects on the economy. This measure had an immediate revitalizing effect in the banking industry and was an unqualified success. Banks that were close to collapsing became vibrant again, to the extent that some of them began to hire hitherto unemployed Nigerians.
To cut down on government expenses, the federal work force was cut by 30% and imports for 1984 pegged at 4 billion pounds (mostly on basic foodstuffs, spare parts, and raw materials for local industries), against 14 billion pounds spent in 1983. To ensure that Nigeria remained respectable on the international business world, Buhari committed to honoring Nigeria’s debt payment schedule irrespective of the limited earning potential of Nigeria. In August 1984, Buhari was on one of his meet-the-people nationwide tours, which he began as soon as the administration got on its feet. Everywhere he went, the people embraced him, coming out en mass and ushering him tumultuous cheers and unreserved applause.Inone of his speeches to the people (this one in Owerri), he reiterated Nigeria’s commitment to honoring its debts, the dire economic situation notwithstanding. "The task of this administration is how to persuade Nigerians to understand that for a number of years to come, we would be paying debts, the roads may be long and thorny but we believe that on our shoulders lies the responsibility to save our fatherland from devastation that has resulted from mismanagement" (Newswatch, February 18, 1985).

Buhari could not have been any more correct in his statement above. Assuming Nigeria took no further loans, its breakdown of loan repayments was as follows: 3.9 billion naira ($4.4 billion) in 1985, 3.7 billion naira ($4.19 billion) in 1986, 2.8 billion naira ($3.2 billion) in 1987, until a decrease to 703 million in 1991 (Concord Weekly, May 6, 1985). Nigeria’s precarious financial situation made it impossible for it to finance capital projects and meet up its balance of payment obligations. With oil export pegged at 1.3 million barrels per day by OPEC, borrowing from external sources became necessary. To this effect, Nigeria proposed borrowing 1.795m naira to finance its capital project from the IMF. The patriotism with which General Buhari handled Nigeria’s dealings with the IMF was the highlight and beauty of Buharinomics.

In order to qualify for the loan, IMF gave Nigeria certain conditions which must be met. In 1984 when the naira exchanged for $1.34, the IMF demanded a minimum of 60% devaluation of it. Buhari refused, agreeing only to a "crawling peg"—a mechanism whereby government would realign the currency gradually, forestalling or minimizing economic and social dislocations because of such drastic devaluation of its currency. In addition to the devaluation of the naira, IMF demanded that government took other drastic actions: (a) The government must remove its subsidy on petroleum. (b) It must curtail its expenditure. (c) Government must rationalize its tariff structures. (d) It must put a freeze on its wages. (e) It must put a total end of non-statutory transfers to State governments, (f) Government must at least institute a 30% raise on interest rates—government resisted this because the decline in its revenue earnings and its debt obligations made it almost impossible to raise interest rates without triggering inflation (West Africa, May 14, 1984). 

When were you born? During Buhari's regime, Buhari's known method of trading with the outside world was asking his appointees to issue import licences to trader-friends. Genuine businesses closed down. Corruption brought by the system never left Nigeria's business system till today.

You believe a Buhari who did not even pass through high school knew anything about all you wrote above? You must be kidding yourself.

Another Buharinomics then was declaring sugar, milk, tomatoes, rice, etc., as ESSENTIAL COMMODITIES. Soldiers loyal to Buhari flogged civilians queuing under hot sun before any civilian is given a packet of sugar.

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by omoadeleye(m): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
na wa oo!!! our president is now an object of ridicule. lipsrsealed
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Babare(m): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
Why is Fashola comparing GEJ to Prof Osinbajo He is the VP aspirant, not GMB.

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT FASHOLA HIMSELF DOESN'T THINK SO HIGHLY OF THE AGED BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by gistmelove(m): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
grin

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by paragwua: 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
it is always better to support your own.....
lets make the Glo network the best in
Africa... download the Glo unlimited song
by Paul hero.... it is one of the best songs
ever in the history of music making .....A
pure soulful chants and vocals that will
touch your heart... you cant help it but TO
fall in love with the Glo network.make it
viral ... send it to friends. offer links for
downloads ....lets promote our own.... one
Nigeria...it is about oneness .. those in
charge front page Abeg.....YOU can port
right now...Glo unlimited ....http://
www.datafilehost.com/d/a36dc0f9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

It’s Now All About Nigerians Vs Buhari - Obasanjo / Ahmed Atiku Abubakar Weds Sa’adatu Hamidu (photo) / Unknown Gunmen Storm Onitsha As Residents Hail Them (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.