Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally (57059 Views)

Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by kaboninc(m): 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
yomanovic:
What thing that baffles me about this our president is before you know what, he'll say Nigeria is now the largest economy in Africa. Although I took time to google it and realised its true probably because of our enormous population, what puzzles me is the rapid and continuous way in which the Naira is being devalued. Moreso, compare Nigerians' standard of living to the likes of SA, Egypt and Kenya, its still relatively poor. So what's the president saying?

Go back and Google again. But this time, do it slowly and carefully. Pay particular attention to what it means to be the largest economy in a region.

Then take time to know why our naira is devalued. But before then, find out what it means for a currency to be devalued and its attendant effect. The look out for examples of countries whose legal tender was deliberately devalued.

When you do, only then can you make informed opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by anonimi: 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
yomanovic:
what puzzles me is the rapid and continuous way in which the Naira is being devalued. Moreso, compare Nigerians' standard of living to the likes of SA, Egypt and Kenya, its still relatively poor. So what's the president saying?

Devaluatiin is linked to falling oil prices since we have a mono product economy. Same thing is happening to Russia's rouble currency.

Standard of living is low because we produce almost nothing of real value . Each month our governments [federal, 36 states & 774 LGAs] share the crumbs received as royalties, taxes from the oil industry, which they in turn share tiny crumbs to us without doing anything.

While there has been some improvement at the federal level in the past four years or so, the states & LGAs have almost totally ABANDONED their responsibilities. Meanwhile, we the clueless citizens shout only president this, president that as if dem swear for us angry

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by tayolove12(m): 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''? Abeg GEJ till 2019

May God continue to bless yu

4 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
ikweremilitant :
aso rock is no longer meant for
cattle rearers and amala
swallowing rascals.

by rashygenius : 8:36pm
ikweremilitant :
aso rock is no longer meant for
cattle rearers and amala
swallowing rascals.
so it is meant 4 ogogoro drinkers like
Gej..AdAGBA MADANU
oponu ati akidanidani si ni pelu!

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by bsjay(m): 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
padeolu:
they are cheering him as he takes a bow out of aso rock.

see his face sef. clueless at default.
I will get back to u all after 14th February. But what a shame is awaiting u guys!
U people brought Buhari as a result of ur cluelessness. I would've been among u guys if it was him(Fashola) blabbing his mouth or any young vibrant and civilised minded man. But for Buhari, impossible!!!!!!!! Too old and local for a country like Nigeria with handsome, beautiful and educated men and women. Check out naaaaaaaaauuuuuu!

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Lilaex: 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
O! Dat is ur plan so that he wil go and die let me tel u it wil not work. And in U.S it was a terrorist attack whil in borno it a terrorist territory. Get dat! And their general is buhari. Let me tel u if goodluck says he is going to borno 2day buhari will remove the remaining $20bill he stole to fund this jihad in the first place and giv it to boko haram to make sure day kill goodluck which by Gods grace will not happen.

Sunday8650:

George Bush that very same day flew to New York to the scene of the attack to console with the people of New York and help to search for survivors and that strengthen Americans confidence in the presidency

ask GEJ to go to borno now and I will vote for him February if he agrees and go there

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Orikinla(m): 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''? Abeg GEJ till 2019

419 guy, how market? grin

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Ologunjude(m): 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
menesheh:

Define 21th century terrorism

US citizens didn't blame Bush for 19/11 attack, only in Nigeria that the act of modern terrorism is blamed on the president

After 9/11 what did bush do? Did he take action or was just promises and more promises like GEJ?
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by kaboninc(m): 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
majekdom2:
seriously , pdp should stop this talk that insurgency, corruption started long before jonathan was elected. if an individual assumes a post of a CEO , HE is there to clear the mess and not compmain about what he met because he was appointed just to correct those errors with no excuses, jonathan pointing fingers is simply definition of incompetence . he should try a better strategy.

What kind of CEO would you be? One who uses resources to fight a problem or one who uses resources to prevent a problem?

You my friend is short-sighted! Your thinking and the millions like you are really stunted. You need to be informed and upgrade yourself. Go global my friend!

Like GEJ said, would you want your uncle to be put into a prison just because it is 'heard' that he stole money? Without proper investigation?

Or wouldn't you prefer that that pipe through which money is being siphoned is blocked?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by bsjay(m): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

He is the next president of Nigeria come February 14. Once it happens I wonder what some PDP addict will do.
#BEWAREOFKIRIKIRI
In a divided Nigeria, possible,
In a unified and one Nigeria, impossible!!!!!!!!!!!
Too old and local! Too uncivilised and uneducated!
What happen to all the young and vibrant minded men in Nigeria? Must it be Buhari? What's wrong with you guys? Are you all old, uncivilised and timid in mind? Ooooohhh, cm'on!

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by longih20(m): 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
APC d agent of darkness, we shall cast d doom u want to inflate on dis nation to u individually, I can never be in darkness when dia is light existing already

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by kaboninc(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
anonimi:

Devaluatiin is linked to falling oil prices since we have a mono product economy. Same thing is happening to Russia's rouble currency.

Standard of living is low because we produce almost nothing of real value . Each month our governments [federal, 36 states & 774 LGAs] share the crumbs received as royalties, taxes from the oil industry, which they in turn share tiny crumbs to us without doing anything.

While there has been some improvement at the federal level in the past four years or so, the states & LGAs have almost totally ABANDONED their responsibilities. Meanwhile, we the clueless citizens shout oy president this, president that as if dem swear for us angry

Bro you could have used that time explaining to that one on something...more important.

How I wish we focus our attention to policies of Local and State Government. How I wish we can ask our LG Chairman and Councillors questions on issues affecting our community. How I wish we can ask them how the make and spend money. How they take care of community responsibilities and cause them to be accountable to us.

Indeed we the citizens are the clueless one!

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by oladosuphemmy: 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
menesheh:

US citizens didn't blame Bush for 19/11 attack, only in Nigeria that the act of modern terrorism is blamed on the president

What's your justification for this claim? A country with a leader, being attacked consistently by terrorist.
Is it that this terrorist group is more powerful than dear country?
The president being the commander in chief of the armed forces receives the praise or blame for the success or failure of our security system and every other sector.
We cannot continue to put our lives in danger just because of sentiment, we need to stand and take a bold step of change.
The change we need is to stop16yrs of insecurity, 16yrs of corruption, 16yrs of backwardness, 16yrs of bad governance, 16yrs of pdp leadership. we've got the power to do this, through our votes.
#weareNigerians
#changeweneed
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by kaboninc(m): 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ologunjude:

After 9/11 what did bush do? Did he take action or was just promises and more promises like GEJ?

Only if you my friend will decide in your heart not to swim in the ocean of ignorance!

I believe you're not blind nor daft to see or hear that GEJ is equipping the Armed Forces. Buying sophisticated weapons, aircrafts and warships for our security services. Oh you forgot the SA purchase deal that went awry?

Continue wallowing in the fools paradise!

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by bsjay(m): 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

GEJ till...GEJ Till all this for a president who may not be honesty with you. If that you are among the chibok girls missing maybe you will think differently. When your GEJ tells you because of security he cannot come to borno.
Yet you are dining with a man behind those who kidnapped ur chibok girls! Can u see that? But come to think of it, don't u av a governor in that state who should be in charge of security? Is it illiteracy that's disturbing u guys? How could sane humans think they are frustrating a man by killing themselves? Una go kill una self finish o while we are flexing till 2019 with GEJ in Aso Villa ooooooooo...#Laffssssss

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
kaboninc:

What kind of CEO would you be? One who uses resources to fight a problem or one who uses resources to prevent a problem?

You my friend is short-sighted! Your thinking and the millions like you are really stunted. You need to be informed and upgrade yourself. Go global my friend!

Like GEJ said, would you want your uncle to be put into a prison just because it is 'heard' that he stole money? Without proper investigation?

Or wouldn't you prefer that that pipe through which money is being siphoned is blocked?
am not surprised , you are part of the unintelligent set of folks we need to take back to school to learn . Mr , I was not debating what method to use , my POINT was whatever method you need to use , just make sure it is efficient . Thats what competence is , not excuses and complains.
you are perhaps the one who needs more global exposure , am not surprised either , I have dealt with loads of yur likes on here , who do not have a idea of who they are talking to but feel they are so well exposed and learned more than the other individual . its a shame also when one visits majority of the threads on here , one can easily tell how unintelligent majority of Nigerians are . To my point , do not be decieved , your president is doing nothing to block any pipe . .... whats still happenin to subsidy , what happened to CBN 20 billion dollar saga or do you think a former executive of first bank does not know what a false information would do to his reputation . how can you tackle corruption when a thief sees another thief invest millions stolen and goes scot free . Mr global .... how is corruption tackled in china ? what happens when a case of govt lobbying is alleged in USA and europe . you know no jack about international relations. well ,dont judge everyone based on your low standards and low quality of human relationships ..... if my uncle steals ,yes he needs to rot in jail ..... the padi padi syndrome is what will never make you dream Nigeria come through fruition.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by frankyychiji(f): 9:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
okokhaerat:
I don't think u are a lagosian though ... Oblivion my bottom #jerk
Its the hard truth brother, deal with it.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by stayblack: 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT .LET GEJ BE TALKING ,LIKE A CRYIN CHILD.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by bsjay(m): 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
padeolu:
don't mind the ikwerre boy, he thinks his lone vote is enough to make GEJ return to aso villa. Rather than form ally with other region, they think they can insult, abuse and bully us into voting for them. igba die lo Ku, o ma to ye yin.
Pls wake up, its day break! He's not alone, we are so many behind GEJ. Wisdom demands that u start making plans for Buhari to rule u after 2019, not 2015. Can't u see the hand writing on the wall?

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by bsjay(m): 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:
cool cool cool Fashiola no nonsense Governor.
"wetin carry GEJ go they cook for Fashiola kitchen? He no fear!"
Fashola is a frustrated man! He did not even have a say in the primary elections of a state where he governs. Tinubu has pocketed him well, what frustrated obasanjo wanted to do with GEJ but failed.

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by guyX(m): 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
Fasciola Hepatica grin
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by adoyi81: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
huptin:

Illiterate Nigerians indeed, just before u go on abusing fellow Nigerians please remember that the spelling is 'dictator' and not 'detector'.
ALL JOIN!

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by bsjay(m): 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
menesheh:

Mind u, only illiterate and uncivilised Nigerians blame the president. They have never crossed Nigerian borders to witness events in civilised countries where citizens are civilised too. That's the major problem with Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by kaboninc(m): 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
oladosuphemmy:

What's your justification for this claim? A country with a leader being attacked consistently by terrorist.
Is it that this terrorist group is more powerful than dear country?
The president being the commander in chief of the armed forces receives the praise or blame for the success or failure of our security system and every other sector.
We cannot continue to put our lives in danger just because of sentiment, we need to stand and take a bold step of change.
The change we need is to stop16yrs of insecurity, 16yrs of corruption, 16yrs of backwardness, 16yrs of bad governance, 16yrs of pdp leadership. we've got the power to do this, through our votes.
#weareNigerians
#changeweneed

Change for worse!

If you have brains, I mean real brains not an empty brain box, you would have known that today's security threat especially terrorism is far more sophisticated and complicated and dangerous that the Maitaise rally of granny Buhari's time. You would have figured out that the threat is to our very own existence.

Paris (in France) with their sophisticated security and intelligence services was attacked and 12 persons were killed in one day. In Israel, same happened in a Jewish site. The other day, it was in Australia. Britain did not miss her own share.

However in fighting this scourge, its not by raiding and chasing cows here and there. There has to be a holistic approach and proper and articulate planing. understanding the problem is key too.

So GEJ started by empowering these young lads who are easy targets for terrorism by giving them a second chance - education. Then he improved access to agricultural implements. Then he built roads and trains. Now he's equipping our security agencies.

Now, what other idea do you have?

Please fill your brain with 'matter'. It shouldn't be in a vacuum!

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Aystarz: 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jecintakia:

You just dey talk rubbish... U have not even read GEJ's speech... You have not even watched the rally on YouTube... You have decided to be deaf and blind to know that u can enter a train... Have u hear of e-wallet b4...

Ask your aged general who at his age is supposed be a corporal if fighting corruption is by violating human rights...

#GMBshowyour certificate...
#GMBcanyourememberyourphonenumber? grin

Still making no sense but a load of noise.
Where are the facts to show that he deserves another chance? That's the one question millions of Nigerians have been asking GEJ and u sorry apologists of his.
Quit backing the wrong horse and let your life for once experience REAL CHANGE. GMB for 2015!
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by bsjay(m): 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

George Bush that very same day flew to New York to the scene of the attack to console with the people of New York and help to search for survivors and that strengthen Americans confidence in the presidency

ask GEJ to go to borno now and I will vote for him February if he agrees and go there
Your cheap plans will not work! If u like kill yourselves all, u will not see him! No weapons fashioned against him shall prosper! We encourage u guys to keep killing yourselves. Well done!

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Eluwilussit(m): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

No mind the idiot and his followers. Nigeria is his papa's plot of land, hence, he must rule us at 72.

Shame on Fashola. If as one of our cherished sons and leaders, he is genuinely in support of Buhari, then he too is not ever gonna smell that seat. Is Fashola telling us that Buhari is better than him? Tinubu things.

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by aby1976(m): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

This guy may b u didn't get it. Jonathan is a thief. Coruption everywhere. Pls ge
t d fact into ur fucking skull.
w
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
Fashola is part of the problem... He sold his right to Buhari... Since APC can't get a better option, its GEJ for now..

2 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by akpumping7720(m): 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
ikweremilitant:
aso rock is no longer meant for cattle rearers and amala swallowing rascals.
WellDone with your tribalistic comment. You are referring to the Hausas and Yorubas as cattle rearers and amala swallowing rascals rite? Welldone!!! Just keep it up.
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by hotgunz(m): 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

He is the next president of Nigeria come February 14. Once it happens I wonder what some PDP addict will do.
#BEWAREOFKIRIKIRI
and if it doesn't happen? Pls kindly find d nearest transformer station and hug... Thank you GEJ all d way

1 Like

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by ellechrystal(f): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

Na was.. Nigeria n USA no b d same na.
No b d same security na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Dancing At A Function In Benin (Photos) / Yusha'u Mahmood Abubakar Dies In Accident In Yobe / How SEDI MD, Prof. Simon Ndubuisi Was Assassinated In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.