Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan (30423 Views)

Buhari Won’t Fight Sanusi For Criticising FG – Presidency / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / I Won’t Fight Graft By Putting People In Crates –jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 09, 2015
NA

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by okoolori(m): 7:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Firefire:
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-fight-graft-by-putting-people-in-crates-jonathan/

And this man no even state his plans on what and what he will use the next for years on if we r convince sef to vote but Na so so attacking him dey attack people wey no get him time. Surely he is clueless with shoeless.
Nigerian kitchen too hot for you; Get out -Fashola tells Jonathan

January 8, 2015 | Filed under: Featured,News Update | Posted by: nigeriapoliticsonline

Governor of Lagos State Mr. Babatunde Fashola today asked President Goodluck Jonathan to get out of kitchen because he has shown no capacity for withstanding the heat of governance.

Fashola in an apparent reaction to Jonathan’s campaigns speech in.Lagos today said the President’s speech in Lagos left sour taste in the mouths of Nigerians adding that Jonathan’s recriminations of past leaders for current failures did not help him.

Saluting the robustness of the ideas of the vice presidential candidate of the APC Prof Yemi Osinbajo who earlier spoke at a town hall meeting in Benin Fashola said he was disgusted by Jonathan’s speech where he articulated no plan of action on any of the critical sectors where the country had suffered.

“Osinbajo has been on this assignment for just three weeks and he has been able to articulate a clear direction where APC government plans to change things.

“But what do you have on the other side? I watch for almost one hour as the President campaigned in Lagos today and I begin to wonder.

“He did not reveal a plan on power. He did not reveal any plan on security. He did not reveal any plan over corruption. I listened to him and all the President was doing was recriminations of those leaders before him forgetting that he has been on this assignment for six years.

As the popular saying goes If the kitchen is too for you, you must get out of the kitchen.”

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Zhul001(m): 7:20am On Jan 09, 2015
"GEJ is a good,sincere leader" in his mind. monkey dreams, wake up Mr President. For 6years what have you achieved ,promoting criminals to threaten us ,very soon a militant will become our defence minister.
GMB for live ,
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Come February 2015, Buhari will so be defeated by GEJ that he will just pray for the ground to open and swallow him
GEJ is just so intelligent. Waited to gather points from his opponents before campaigning. He is really giving them hard punches and counterattacking their allegations and insults with real facts
His response about fighting corruption and jailing of corrupt officials is breathtaking. A masterstroke
What a response from my Presido
GEJ till FailBuhari submit his certificate

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by IBROHIM: 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
After then you'll have different sets of thieves replacing them and they become smarter.
Listen to the man - He said the only way to fight corruption is by building INSTITUTIONS AND NOT BY MAKING STRONG MEN ,WHAT IF THE MAN CHAMPIONING THE ANTI-CORRUPTION MOVEMENT IS COMPROMISED?

A nation should build more of an institutions and not strong men as men are likely to fail but institutions are run by people with different ideology with a system that checkmates excesses.

A man fighting corruption can be assassinated - institutions with the right system can never be totally hijacked by some few corrupt men.
so six years is too small to build the institutions! Haba you no de reason? I will... I will... I go....!!!!
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by anonimi: 7:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Soreza:
Good luck i day support you but this corruption we no see results, economy we no see results all everything is just heard on t.v,though buhari is not and never an option,

- Are you looking in the right place?
- Are you asking the right questions?

The organisations that used to score us very low on corruption in the past, like Transparency International, now say we are improving. TI rated us eight places BETTER from 144th position in 2013 to 136th in 2014. Obviously Jonathan's SYSTEMATIC fight against corruption is yielding PROGRESSive results.
The fact that dead, decaying infrastructures like railways are being revived and roads repaired & expanded with new bridges being built also shows that corruption has REDUCED systematically. Unlike previous federal administrations that budgeted annually, launched severally and did NOTHING! shocked

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Mr President me and my entire family pledge to vote for you come february. We believe in your government.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by aspirebig: 7:24am On Jan 09, 2015
Just yesterday,one yeye boy that presented himself as an opposition youth spoke man cannot even answer simple questions on Channels tv.
When they asked him of what happened in 1983,he said he was a small boy of about 5yrs then,so he is not supposed to put mouth in matters he did not know anything about then.We weren't born in 1960 but we know many things that happened then. The opposition is not perfect. They are not the messiah.
Why did he join Politics then,if he cannot do research and prepare himself to answer questions on a widely viewed ist class national tv like channels. #fallinghandtins. Nonsense!

Just yesterday,Our President addressed crowd in Lagos,the opposition number 1 stronghold in the whole country. He spoke @ length,very vibrant ,standing well,audibly and a lot of people saw the reason why he should continue.

The opposition candidate is hardly audible,his intonation is something else. He can't even address the crowd for long,when a man's certificate is missing,how will he be composed?

The opposition are shouting the government is corrupt,isn't it corrupt government that have been imposing candidate on the electorate in Lagos? It was the same corruption that brought all their candidate to power too. They are not saints. Their leader in Lagos has many businesses and hotels across the state,his wife is a senator,himself a corrupt man,their candidates are all corrupt too.Their leader build roads inside Oregun street then because of his girl friends living in the area.A lot of places like Ayobo,Abule egba,Ikorodu,Agege,Ishaga,iju,Idimu, Ojodu,etc all have bad roads. They are selective in their developmental plans. Where is all the money Lagos state is generating going into? That is an opposition state oo. The kind of money Lagos is making from tax,even some African countries cannot make such money from tax. Nobody is asking questions. And they will fight corruption,when they are corrupt themselves.

It is after plane crashed in Iju Ishaga that part of the state saw partial good road,if not for the plane crash,has BRF commissioned any road there or his godfather while in govt? These are ghettos inside the mega city.

I urge you all to google this video ' 'welcome to Lagos' and watch it and see how some Lagosians are suffering in the name of survival in the state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 09, 2015
God bless GEJ. Buhari plans on building prisons but GEJ plans on building rehabilitation centre. Buhari only has certificate in human right abuses and negligence but GEJ has certificates in human rights upliftment,freedom of information,and even animal rights. Buhari plans on stopping boko haram without buying a single rifle because he started the insurgency but GEJ plans on using both military force and dialogue to defeat bokoharm.
Buhari is a certified terrorist but GEJ is the man of the people.
SUPPORT GEJ FOR FREEDOM
VOTE GEJ COME FEBRUARY
GEJ TILL 2019

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 09, 2015
Firefire:
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-fight-graft-by-putting-people-in-crates-jonathan/
you messed me up
ooo

You didn't bother calling my attention to such a thread, haba.

#failbuhari2015

2 Likes

To GEJ & Co., Stealing is not corruption
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Collynzo9: 7:29am On Jan 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
I see that you're one of those youths that are blind,deaf and dumb beyond redemption.

Institutions are working for other democracies it then means it will work for us.

Read through my post again and digest it - This isn't about party affiliation but about Nigeria that has been running around the same method of doing things without any results.

He posed a question to you and your kind: If Buhari's anti-corruption method worked in the early and mid 80s why are we still complaining about corrupt public office holders till these day? lest I forget the same Buhari opened his mouth and said that Abacha was not a corrupt man.....What an irony. undecided

Ok let's just pretend that Amaechi and all the corrupt APC bigwigs that Buhari your self acclaimed messaiah is dinning and wining with aren't corrupt anymore overnight ......Chai diaris Goduo .....all these una brain wey una no wan put to proper use.
The guys are so dumb.
Ok Buhari comes in and ''fights corruption'' by arresting people indiscriminately for 4 years then leaves and we go back to square one corruption returns with a bang, that is if he succeeded in chasing it away in the first place.
That is not how to fight corruption. Corruption is low in developed countries not because the people are saints, but because the institutions has made it absolutely impossible for them to embezzle public funds.
That is what GEJ is trying to do and he has succeeded in some sectors.
T

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Reference(m): 7:30am On Jan 09, 2015
This is poor and in very bad taste. An incumbent should not be making such desperate statements. Yes, corruption is deep rooted and is inflammed by such structural problems that not superficial knee jerk reactions cannot ever touch let alone solve it but in his position and from his personal and communal background he of all people should understand the frustrations of well meaning Nigerians towards this social malaise and this will only inflame tensions further.

If the GEJ government loses power at the polls this will be the one issue that has driven it out. The government has done next to nothing about it both superficially and realistically.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Chigold101(m): 7:31am On Jan 09, 2015
FastShipping:

Imagine in his almost sixth year in office, Jonathan is still talking about "I will" I will, I will".

Tell the masses what you have done. Your records should be speaking for you. Unfortunately, your achievements are only on pamphlets and not on ground.
when people like u decided not to see what he hasdone...what else will do? Those who have eyes are seeing what he has done ad we beleive he will do more...

GEJ till 2019...unless the ALMIGHTY GOD says otherwise...

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by SmilingHarry(m): 7:32am On Jan 09, 2015
"Jonathan added that his administration had curbed corruption in the civil service and the agricultural sector through the computerisation of payment system.

The President, however, explained that the system caused the delay in paying federal civil servants December salaries.

He said, “I apologise to those families that suffered because I believe that for you to fight corruption, you must take some measures such as establishing institutions. You don’t just wake up, enter the streets and start arresting people and showing them on television sets and saying you are fighting corruption."

The payment system has been in operation for abt 3-4 yrs without hitches. Don't use it to deceive Nigerians and is it only in salary administration that you find corruption?
Every midweek, you hear of contracts been awarded, contracts that are been padded and over inflated to siphon funds.

HIis 5+ yrs in office has has witnessed zero corruption because no one has been taken to court for such.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by anonimi: 7:34am On Jan 09, 2015
CaliOsi:
So uncle Jona can open his mouth to say some people in the institutions divert salaries and yet no one has been charged

How do you know the concerned people have not being charged? Do you mind telling us! The same way people said fuel subsidy scammers are not being dealt with despite several cases in court and billions in recovery made. Haba angry

BTW, did Amaechi not open his mouth to say he gave millions to Wike for a contract he did not execute yet his RVSG could not charge him to court for breach of contract! shocked Is this the kind of change you want

I say no to such DUBIOUS change.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Omadachi(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2015
It took GEJ 6 years to only prevent payment of salaries to ghost workers and direct supply of fertilizers to farmers.This is unfortunate.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by cole265(m): 7:38am On Jan 09, 2015
blemon44:
God bless you sir

nothing will make you not to win

not even Buhari

Buhari is not a messiah. Buharists who give him wings and a halo are doing him disservice. Buhari for me is a reset button. He is a stop-gap. He is some guy who can say "No", steer the ship aright and not squander his goodwill. He knows this is his last shot at it.

No matter what you say about Jonathan..he is a 512 RAM guy with a 10 Gigabyte job. He does not have the required capacity and has not developed the capabilities required. He was never prepared ..despite his automatic promotion through the ranks of mediocrity and after six years...He is still a learner. Nigeria is reducing geographically and economically under his watch. BH controls more local governments than Ekiti State. Our markets have lost almost a Trillion naira in 2015....seven days. He cannot give what he does not have. He is not a man who thrives in complexity. ...A simple good man who should enjoy his spoils in retirement. Buhari will not perform magic ..but. ..Jonathan will ruin this nation. Your choice!
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by tuborme: 7:38am On Jan 09, 2015
Nigerians supporting Buhari must be suffering from military hang over....that is why they think GEJ is weak. They still expect the president to show peeps ob Tv screens in other to show he is fighting corruption. No smart country works like that anymore. It is all about programmed institutions that work anonymously.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by IBROHIM: 7:40am On Jan 09, 2015
eleko1:
It is either your long epistle you list here as Jona achievement is implemented in the moon,keep deceiving yourself.VoTE BUHARI for better Nigeria undecided undecided undecided
don't mind him, he said 125 almajiri schools, Jonathan said 50, which do we believe? Meanwhile where are the 'cos I stay in Kaduna!
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:41am On Jan 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
This Jonathan is just too intelligent for average Nigerians whose past and future was bastardized by people like Buhari and his old cargoes of military numbnuts.

But just because of his humility and his hunger to follow the rule of law they labelled him clueless, now that the chips are down the C-IN-C has spoken let APC say theirs without their usual negative rhetorics filled with insults and name calling.

So its humility and "rule of law" that says a whole President should strongly discourage the arrest and imprisonment of Government officials that tamper with the Nation/State's Funds?

If thats what you call intelligence, then I don't know what to tell you.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by jpphilips(m): 7:41am On Jan 09, 2015
Not to worry, you won't fight corruption at all because this is your unfettered legacy.

FELLOW NIGERIANS, IS THIS THE PRESIDENT YOU DESERVE?

May the Judgment of God not befall us and our families if with our votes we deliberately return a Govt of Hunger, corruption and death to the Nigerian people. Kindly distribute through your BBM and Whatsapp contacts, enough is enough!!

November 2014, Jonathan shocked Nigerians with the news that Boko haram has taken control of 6 towns in 4 LGA’s the height of incompetence in balkanizing the Nigerian state, a week later, Nigerians were blown away by series of austerity measures handed to them for their stupidity in 2011.

The naira was devalued at the pretext of drop in oil prices but Nigerians never asked why the Naira never appreciated when the oil price was increasing?
If the foreign reserve were not stolen, Nigeria would have weathered the storm for at least 6months like we did during the global melt down of 2004 and 2008, unfortunately, the incompetence of the Jonathan administration has brought grave consequence on the Nigerian people, Inflation and high cost of energy are likely consequences.

According to Will Ross of the BBC “He said he hoped a parliamentary investigation would also find out why the country's Excess Crude Account had fallen from $11.5bn to under $2.5bn in a year - arguing that Nigeria's savings are a vital buffer against any drop in the global oil price and without this "rainy day" account, the economy is vulnerable and exposed.

October 2014; Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the Federal republic of Nigeria uses a militant Asari Dokubo for black market gun running, evident from the grounding and seizure of over $10m by the South African authorities.
September, 2014, The Nigerian Government admitted ferrying over $10m in a private jet for arms procurement, where do we draw the line between money laundering and arms procurement? I asked myself about the recent helos that was delivered by Russia recently if it was purchased in the same manner, agree with me or not, Jonathan is neck deep not just in corruption but money laundering.

August 2014: As a result of the unabated corruption in the Nigerian Military, Mutiny of July gave rise to Boko haram declaring a caliphate on Nigerian Soil, Gentlemen and Ladies, Jonathan Has once again made a history of Incompetence. Never in the history of Nigeria have we ceded territories to bandits.

July 2014: saw a president who went to sleep while neighboring West African countries battled with the Ebola virus, his negligence paid off when Patrick Sawyer brought the deadly virus to Nigeria unabated. Since August 2012, when the Ebola outbreak began, The Nigerian govt had no single emergency response plan in place.
$11m emergency fund and N480m budgeted for the control of infectious diseases in the 2013 budget never got to the Lagos state government, the Nigerian Ebola Epicenter.
Still in June, we saw the worst abuse of his Royal majesties powers when he barred APC Governors from attending a rally in Ekiti state with soldiers, meanwhile Boko Haram is still having a field day in the North.
The senate revealed to Nigerians how the president Mis appropriated over 685b kerosene subsidy fund

May 2014: [/b]left us with this shocking statement
“Jonathan, who was asked to comment on the allegations of corrupt practices leveled against some of his ministers, had said that nobody was above mistakes and that if he were to be acting based on reports on each of them, “no one will stay for more than six months in office.” [b]Mere stealing we call corruption"

Still in the same month after the corrupt tales of embezzlement and diversion of military budget, the clueless one finally offered Amnesty to a terrorist group, the first of its kind, in the world.
An Indication that the Jonathan’s administration is run by a den of thieves.

April 2014: reminded us the climax of Jonathan’s administration where he went on a jamboree while book haram held over 200 young girls, hostage,
April never ended before the Dizeani madueke’s 10billion naira scam reached a climax.

March 2014: just before the centenary celebration where Abacha of all people was a beneficiary, scores of Innocent school children were murdered in Adamawa sate.

Feb 2014: saw the illegal suspension of the CBN Gov.at a time the nation was in dire need of foreign direct investment, the Kidnap of the president’s foster father is a realistic score card on his strides on security.
January 2014, a presidential committee was set up to investigate the October scandal of stella odua who came with a guilty verdict, yet she kept her job.

December 2013: ushered the yuletide of Obasanjo’s “before it is too late”, several corruption allegations and the extremism of the Jonathan’s administration, the impunity of plundering the people’ s common wealth and the tenacity of talking drums like Abati who have earned a reputation in insulting the sensibilities of Nigerians.10 bullet proof vehicles purchased by DICON for its top brass

November 2013: the CBN Governor raised an alarm that under Jonathan’s watch, the NNPC diverted $49billion dollars, fellow Nigerians, are we not tired of condoning corruption?

October 2013: ushered a month of corruption coronation in Jonathan’s camp, where the Aviation minister coerced the NCAA to purchase 2 fairly used armored 2008 BMW to the tune of $800,000 each.

September 2013: President Jonathan took a record breaking 600 men entourage for the UN General assembly in New york

August 2013: After the billions of dollars spent in revamping the nation’s airports, skytrax world airport ranking for Africa showed Nigeria didn’t make it to top 10 in Africa neither did it make it top 100th place in the world. Whereas Ethiopia and Mauritania made it to position 9th and 8th respectively, what a shame.

July 2013: transparency international rated Nigeria as the 8th most corrupt country in the world.

June 2013: World Bank appraised him thus;

“Nevertheless, improvements in social welfare indicators have been much slower than would be expected in the context of this growth. Poverty reduction and job creation have not kept pace with population growth, implying social distress for an increasing number of Nigerians. Progress toward the fulfillment of many of the Millennium Development Goals has been slow, and the country ranked 153 out of 186 countries in the 2013 United Nations Human Development Index” the World Bank said.

May 2013: The president after wasting tax payer’s money on an entourage as long as the third mainland bridge went sleeping while his foreign affairs minister represented him in his presence during the AU summit in Addis ababa.
Just outside President Goodluck Jonathan's office sat 17 ambulances, just in case he or one of his aides fell ill. They were seldom if ever used.

No actual health-care facility nationwide had as many, and in fact a few still have none at all. But as soon as a Nigerian newspaper took a photo of the ambulances and published a story about them, they suddenly disappeared -- probably to an underground garage.

March, 2013: we witnessed the height of moral bankruptcy when Mr President granted presidential pardon to the biggest criminal in the history of our democracy, Alamesigha to prepare him for a senatorial seat.

February 2013: amidst the short fall in crude prices, the president smuggled into the 2013 budget a 2bn appropriation fund for the office of the first lady

February 2013: the office of the presidency denied vehemently that the first lady was on vacation in Germany only for them to organize a survival party with tax payer’s money. Is this the kind of leader you want to hold to his words?

In January 2013: the erst while madam due process and former minister for education challenged the charlatans of jonathans’ administration to a debate on accountability of $67b as expected, honorable cowards and pen thieves, absconded as usual

November 2012: President Jonathan approved 2.2bn naira for the construction of a banquet hall in the villa. At a time our debt profile was all time high

As commander in chief, he stood dumb while a military helicopter was used for "kabu-kabu" at oronto douglas father’s burial that error in judgment alone claimed the life of a sitting Governor. and the most brilliant NSA Nigeria has ever produced.

October 2012: blatantly refusing to appeal the ICJ’s decision on ceding bakassi, thereby throwing Millions of Bakkasi indigenes into pandemonium

refusing to cut down on foreign trips and cost of Governance, contrary to his Nationwide address of 7th Jan 2012.

October 2012: Mr president’s administration spent 1.5 billion to patch the 3rd mainland bridge, 4 months later, triple of that amount was expended again on maintenance alone, Talk about waste and incompetence

August 2012 : He said our foreign reserve is 42billion usd , is that not only on iweala's notepad?
How can you have external debt of 48bn usd and come home to deceive us that we have reserves?
How much services that 48bn plus interest annually? Nearly 25% of 48bn.

August 2012: Under his watch militants earn 10% of the Nation's revenue, $22.5m, $9m and $12.5m for tompolo, Ateke and Asari as national honors.

He twisted facts during the Independence Day speech on his fight on corruption, in contrast to what the transparency international claimed.
By august 2012, 2012 budget implementation was just 13%

over 5, ooo Nigerian lives gone, Mr president is still trading words and negotiating with boko haram, we remain grateful that a quasi state of emergency came to be, at least I cant imagine an SOE where the State Govs sit tight to control state funds while the FG fight their battle.

July 2012: its 3yrs gone and he is yet to commission from scratch a new power plant worst still fired the only human being in his cabinet who knows his onions in the power sector.

July 2012: Mr President earned a congratulatory message for implementing local content policy by importing 200 luxury brands at the cost of over 13.5 million each for a 4 day first ladies summit. While our manufacturing industries beg for patronage.

June 2012: Almost all teaching hospitals in Nigeria have no functional dialysis machine, the most sought of this equipment cost just 5m naira. Statistics has it that more than 60,000 Nigerians die yearly of a kidney related ailment, however, he jets out with his cohorts to seek medical help elsewhere.

ferma is seriously patching federal highways with a budget of over 80 billion naira, there is no coordination between, the MND, NDDC and Federal ministry of works on road maintenance, same contract is awarded over and over before the job is done.

JUNE 2012: Under his watch, the giant of oil and gas reserves is undergoing its worst energy crisis in the world.

tanker drivers alone can cripple his supply network as they wish not to talk of ordinary Niger republic coming to our rescue via imports.

In case you have not heard, Nigeria is very close to Afghanistan on security progress under Jonathan's watch.

June 2012: Education is in crisis. With adult literacy at 57 per cent, overall illiteracy at 66 per cent and more than 10 million out of the 30 million children of primary school age not in school, no serious government should be comfortable. When 40 million adults in a population of 170 million are illiterate, the country is ranked 161 out of 180 countries in the United Nations Comparative Index of Literacy 2012, and has an unemployment rate of 23.7 per cent,
it’s no longer news that only 26% of school leavers gain admission into the universities and only 5% are employed after school thanks to ASUU’s 6 months strike.

June 2012: Mr president’s economic blind men have blessed us with all time high of 37.5% inflation though his mickey mouse cbn governor is still claiming 28%, wondering what he will be claiming now that all bankers are at home, naira devalued, unemployment on the rise etc He still maintains a single digit inflation on paper, I dey laugh.

Mr president is the only Nigerian president that has not initiated a successful programme even Abacha did better with ptf while IBB with FSP and MAMSA, Mr president is still confused with ''YOU WIN''and SURE-P, with zero benefit to the Nigerian people.
on that same vein, Nigeria has the second record high job cuts within the last 2yrs, if in doubt ask the bankers and manufacturing industries.
before his ascension into power, the naira was in a sorry state of 150 to 1 dollar today, Jonathan has handed us an unstable 182 to 1 dollar

June 2012: The dana crash is a testimony that Mr president’s aviation is comatose, not even the attorney general could challenge the allegations of the dana staff in court, in a national disaster of that magnitude?
The girl could have served as a prime witness in a class action against dana
Less than 6months of inconclusive investigations, DANA air hit the Tarmac again.

Still on military, Nigeria has the most under educated junior military officers, before you ask how, Mr president is too lazy to ask him self why imo with highest national examination enrollments still have the least NDA and police academy enrollments, while borno and zamfara as educationally less privileged, have higher quota than Delta and Anambra put together in military enrollments. Nepotism and corruption at its best
Mr President is the only head of state in the world whose wife is a ministry of its own.

January 2012: Under Mr president’s watch, a 250bilion subsidy programme rose to 2 trillion naira yet no arrest, no conviction, no sack, the best miserable Nigerians could get was an AWOL attorney general after 7days of protests. Height of incompetence and corruption.

Mr President is the only president in the world whose parliament gulps 75% of the national budget as alleged by the CBN Gov. yet they still soak themselves in $625m bribery scandal.
Jonathan has not even initiated let alone fulfilling a single campaign promises except the one that he needs to surround himself with brain dead women in his cabinet.

Nigerians say thank you Sir, for your 6 wasted years of leadership.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:41am On Jan 09, 2015
jayonpoint:

And what signs of that have we witnessed in the last six yrs under this current admi.? What effort has Jonathan made towards the direction he pointed to fight corruption? Except he means spreading corruption instead coz that's what his admini had done successfully in the last 6yrs of his govt. I actually was expecting him to show nigerians evidences on how effectively he has fought the cankerworm that has eating every foodstuffs out of the table of an ordinary man on the street. I expected he wld tell us how he dealt with Stella odua's $250m BMW or diezani many corruption profiles among which are 10billion for personal used private jet or what did he do against pension fraud scamer (maina)? What of oil subsidy fraud? What has Jonathan done to strengthen EFCC since he alrdy knw that its institutions that should fight corruption in govt? Jonathan also didn't tell us how 500billion got missing from SURE-P which was directly the reason its chairman (Chris olukolade) resigned from office? Jonath shld show us in his period of six yrs, what he has done to better the lot of nigerians if nt increasing poverty per excellent.

Let him stop embarrassing himsef for his failure and stil countin he has brought upon this con3. We need Jonathan out asap...his clueless is second to non; how do u explain assassination of a president by a group bn defended by the same president after a period of 7yrs down nigerians didn't knw this until the same group pitch their support base to opposition for the simple reason that u have failed. Let's assume the opposition is lying abt ur govt, is illary Clinton also when she said ur govt squandered oil funds? Is Chris olukolade when he recently attacked ur govt of bad leadership and corruption? Is the Rev Fr. Mbaka also lying over all. He told those mammoth crowd the opposition cast spell on him to say all long sermon in discrediting ur govt?

Nig is too big to be rule by a nonentity! Change is here. VoteGmb/PYO for the need change in our con3
This is just too good!
Oh GEJ, you are too incompetent to rule this great country! Go back to Otuoke to run your wife's many hotels first...you can come back in 2019 to recontest incase Buhari does not perform up to expectation! The only thing constant in life is CHANGE!!! Vote Buhari/Osinbajo !!!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2015
gunuvi:

Classic! How can someone be dancing around with Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku and still saying he will fight corruption!!!
When he refused to dance with them did you vote him?

Y'all ordinary Nigerians are the main problems in that country because you're all mostly criminally minded and will steal anything so long as you can get away with it. The politicians know this and thats why they get away with all their atrocities.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Atigba: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2015
That illiterate NAMA

Can not rule us again

Never

He better go back to school or rest and enjoy his retirement

Say no to buhari

GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2015
This clueless dude is nig's worst nightmare! Lil wonder d country is now a banana republic!....change2015 is inevitable!

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:46am On Jan 09, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

So its humility and "rule of law" that says a whole President should strongly discourage the arrest and imprisonment of Government officials that tamper with the Nation/State's Funds?

If thats what you call intelligence, then I don't know what to tell you.

Its those youths who are ready to perpetuate a regime of failure who have ensured that Nigeria remains....the proud disgrace of the black race!!!
GEJ must go...36 days more for us to be rid of the tyranny of cluelessness, corruption and incompetence.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by Reference(m): 7:47am On Jan 09, 2015
Collynzo9:

The guys are so dumb.
Ok Buhari comes in and ''fights corruption'' by arresting people indiscriminately for 4 years then leaves and we go back to square one corruption returns with a bang, that is if he succeeded in chasing it away in the first place.
That is not how to fight corruption. Corruption is low in developed countries not because the people are saints, but because the institutions has made it absolutely impossible for them to embezzle public funds.
That is what GEJ is trying to do and he has succeeded in some sectors.
T

No. Government doesn't build institutions, people do. The fact that we have next to no functioning institutions has less to do with the government (we've always had governments), but the inability of the people to gel to form them. Institutions are built on the basis of recognised common values. No two Nigerians agree on any one thing so you cannot build a coalition. Take corruption for example. The EFCC will only work if the Nigerian can define corruption. Unfortunately we cannot. One man's corruption is another man's right to resource control or response to marginalisation or born to rule, or regional hegemony or politically reward aka settlement.

But to say that government with all its instruments of power cannot and should not attempt anything until it builds institutions is just disingenuous. I will continue to criticise knee jerk anti corruption crusades not for their effort but for their effectiveness. So the Jonathan government fails but much more than the Buhari government did in the mid-eighties.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:48am On Jan 09, 2015
tuborme:
Nigerians supporting Buhari must be suffering from military hang over....that is why they think GEJ is weak. They still expect the president to show peeps ob Tv screens in other to show he is fighting corruption. No smart country works like that anymore. It is all about programmed institutions that work anonymously.

Name just one of this so called "smart countries" that doesn't shame its corrupt criminal Government officials on TV as a deterrent to others?

P.S: What the hell does this even mean:"It is all about programmed institutions that work anonymously"?
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by chemali: 7:49am On Jan 09, 2015
anonimi:

- Are you looking in the right place?
- Are you asking the right questions?

The organisations that used to score us very low on corruption in the past, like Transparency International, now say we are improving. TI rated us eight places BETTER from 144th position in 2013 to 136th in 2014. Obviously Jonathan's SYSTEMATIC fight against corruption is yielding PROGRESSive results.
The fact that dead, decaying infrastructures like railways are being revived and roads repaired & expanded with new bridges being built also shows that corruption has REDUCED systematically. Unlike previous federal administrations that budgeted annually, launched severally and did NOTHING! shocked

If you want to start with TI, why don't you do a year by year comparison from 2009 and see how it worsened under Jonathan. You pick a year's data for someone with 6 years of governance and say he is fighting corruption systematically. I would rather believe other countries just got more corrupt. No fight has taken place.
Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by philips70(m): 7:50am On Jan 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
This Jonathan is just too intelligent for average Nigerians whose past and future was bastardized by people like Buhari and his old cargoes of military numbnuts.

But just because of his humility and his hunger to follow the rule of law they labelled him clueless, now that the chips are down the C-IN-C has spoken let APC say theirs without their usual negative rhetorics filled with insults and name calling.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Jonathan intelligent Ol boy you just stated your own level of intelligence o. Choi! Wetin person no go hear from these TANoids.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Fight Corruption By Putting People In Crates –Jonathan by chemali: 7:51am On Jan 09, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

Name just one of this so called "smart countries" that doesn't shame its corrupt criminal Government officials on TV as a deterrent to others?

P.S: What the hell does this even mean:"It is all about programmed institutions that work anonymously"?

Thanks for that. They do not see the nonsense this guy spits out of his mouth and they rush to praise it. We have 5 years+ of data on this dude and it's clear that he is clueless, petty and very divisive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Defection Rocks APC In Akwa Ibom State,former Party Chairmen Quits (see Reasons) / The Dickson Quadruplets: Alexander, Alaere, Ebierewarisuode And Edimere (Photos) / Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.