Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team (38595 Views)

PICTURE: Jonathan Campaign Team Buying Petrol In Blackmarket / Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by vega84(m): 7:55am On Mar 23, 2015
Story fr the anus, is that why baba old general did nt show? I doubt, I think he has nothing to tell us. What he doesn't knw is that we could hav allowed him to read frm his paper prepared by his broom team! #vegatalks#
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by DONADAMS(m): 7:55am On Mar 23, 2015
very disappointed...dis man is so dull
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by chemali: 7:56am On Mar 23, 2015
Billygee2u:

assuming GEJ were absent in 2011 and Buhari absent yesterday because of 2011 issue,then,tell me,where is the change APC is clamoring? Just believe it that APC is a group unrepentant souls.

GMB wasn't absent because of 2011. NEDG is the same group that organised a debate in 2011 where GEJ debated himself - what does that tell you about them?
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:56am On Mar 23, 2015
hensben:
If obj, a formal military man can do it what make you feel GMB can't...I not understand una ooo
because GMB has become senile.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Rad1cal: 7:57am On Mar 23, 2015
chemali:

The video is on youtube. You can watch it and transcribe it and then we discuss!

Dude is running away from a challenge just like Buhari . Why do i have to do your job? Put your intellect where you mouth is.

i dey wait.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by ceejay80s(m): 7:58am On Mar 23, 2015
CecyAdrian:

seriously cheesy who does that!!
I thought Debate is supposed to be seen to the participants as technical questions,so u just get prepared because you really dnt knw what to expect!. so who gave him the question earlier that had answers cheesy

And they expect GMB to attend??
Joke of the year grin grin grin
Lol lol very funny, so u mean dem give ur president question paper for waec and at the same time answer paper? After some carrot head go way make buhari bring his certificate,
My plan is to chop pdp money at the poll wey dem go share and still vote for buhari
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by patpeypey: 7:59am On Mar 23, 2015
J
Maple:
The graft allegation against the Nigeria Election Debate Group (NEDG) has vindicated the All Progressives Congress' stance that the debate was compromised by President Goodluck Jonathan, the Muhammadu Buhari campaign organisation has said. The opposition campaign media and publicity director Malam Garba Shehu said the sordid details coming out of organizations of the debate would have tainted the APC candidate had he presented himself to the group.

A civil society group, Value and Integrity Group alleged at a press conference on Friday, that a First Bank account opened for the NEDG had the founder of a private television network as sole signatory, even though he is not listed as one of the directors of the NEDG. According to leaders of the Value and Integrity Group, Sina Odugbemi and Popoola Ajayi, co-ordinator and secretary respectively, “an initial deposit of N1 million was paid into the said First Bank account, and on March 28, 2011, another N20 million belonging to the NEDG was paid into the personal account of the said founder of the leading private television network.”

The Buhari campaign said “We at the APC Presidential Campaign got the eye-opening news of the press conference by the Value and Integrity Group accusing the Nigeria Election Debate Group, the crux of the allegation being that some members of the NEDG have been monetarily influenced.”It added that “although the group failed to mention from what source the monies came from, we had taken a position, based on intelligence made available to us that the PDP has compromised the integrity of an unnamed few in the NEDG with huge and ridiculous sums of money.”

“And watching President Goodluck Jonathan reading from a prepared script gleefully as he answered questions in the debate confirmed our suspicion that there will be “EXPO”. “These two scenarios: The allegation of corrupt inducements in the NEDG and the president reading from a prepared script during the debate validates our reasons for abstaining from the debate,” Shehu said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/20024-jonathan-compromised-presidential-debate-buhari-campaign

From my own point of view, I don't think APC has the right to speak about the debate as the let all of us down by not coming for the debate. Shame on them! Buhari wasn't well advised! The Onovo guy spoke well, the president spoke well too( which was far better than any of his previous uncoordinated speeches), Kowa lady was ok, and Buhari was ? Don't know cos we as Nigerians were not given the oppurtunity. Anyway my vote is still for The best possible candidate for Nigeria. Cheerios!
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by dagbokoncept(m): 8:00am On Mar 23, 2015
Burger01:

Ogbeni, did you see Jonathan during the 2011 presidential debates? Jonathan went AWOL and peradventure he won the election. That said, the debate of last night was nothing but arranged charades, more a presidential debate fashion parade. Buhari, by God's will, shall win this election. Those who are still rooting for and supporting Jonathan are in minority and mostly rooted in regionalism and ethnicity. The real people of Nigeria, those that desire good governance, are the people supporting Buhari. Believe you me bruh, these people are massive. No stopping this train of change. Support it or get crushed by it.

Sai Buhari
If your are good you are good, no doubt. Anyone preparing to take over the affairs of a country of over 160 million should be able to contribute meaningfully and succinctly to these simple questions. Even me without any rehearsal would participate in that debate and still make good contributions. Gej is not reading any prepared text, he has his facts and figures at hand which is allowed within debating context. Gej has an edge over others because he runs the system definitely he must have more facts and insights.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by princechurchill(m): 8:00am On Mar 23, 2015
imagine obama giving excuses for boycotting a debate,the truth of all these matter is that buhari cant defend himself before the public let alone reading out his portfolio on change abeg mek i waka pass

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 23, 2015
koboko69:

So he already knew what facts and figures to document bah? cheesy You guys are really so dumb.

He knew he would be asked questions on several sectors of the economy. And he came prepared with facts and figures of gianst strides in certain sectors to back up his presentation. Everyone at d debate came with their own facts they wrote down. That is not an expo. The things he said are things he has said at various fora. How dey stopped fertilizer corruption, the ippis, the e-wallet system. He doesn't need an expo to say all that.
You need not resort to personal attacks to drive home your point
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by henryangelo: 8:01am On Mar 23, 2015
FastShipping:

But GMB participated fully in 2011 debate. Jonathan didn't show up for that debate and still won the election. The notion that GMB is scared of debate should be thrown out. This is the same GMB that presented national budget to the nation in 1984 and 1985.
That 2011 his brain was working a bit but now he is mentally deranged
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by signz: 8:02am On Mar 23, 2015
Nonsense!!! Channels TV was willing to organise this debate. He ran away too or are they saying that Channels have also compromised
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by sho110: 8:02am On Mar 23, 2015
Burger01:

Ogbeni, did you see Jonathan during the 2011 presidential debates? Jonathan went AWOL and peradventure he won the election. That said, the debate of last night was nothing but arranged charades, more a presidential debate fashion parade. Buhari, by God's will, shall win this election. Those who are still rooting for and supporting Jonathan are in minority and mostly rooted in regionalism and ethnicity. The real people of Nigeria, those that desire good governance, are the people supporting Buhari. Believe you me bruh, these people are massive. No stopping this train of change. Support it or get crushed by it.

Sai Buhari
Buhari is afraid of debate simple. We must argue with our senses intact. That we belong to the opposition does not mean we should rubbish others. Expo are sent to all candidates not to a preferred or an annointed one. Go and make ur findings. Stop the noise and let GEJ be.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by ej77: 8:02am On Mar 23, 2015
Apc demonic party with satanic agents as member u can not win election @ the centre.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by naijanaso: 8:02am On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

I WAS SO ASHAMED WHEN I SAW THE BRAINLESS MOR0N READING HIS ANSWERS FROM ALREADY PREPARED SCRIPT! shocked shocked

CAN YOU IMAGINE - THE GOAT CANT EVEN CRAM THE EXPO! lipsrsealed

WHOSOEVER GAVE THIS GUY A DOCTORATE SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE JAILED! cheesy cheesy

NOW I SEE WHY HIS DOCTORATE THESIS ARE UNDER LOCK AND KEYS THAT EVEN THE SO-CALLED FREEDOM OF INFO BILL CANT UNLOCK IT! grin

THIS M0R0N SERIOUSLY NEEDS A BRAIN TRANSPLANT! BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO SEND HIM BACK TO ONE VILLAGE CALLED 'OTU' WHERE THEIR MAJOR MARKET IS 'EKE' THEN GIVE HIM AND ONE 'PISSFUL' MAMA A SCHOLARSHIP TO PRIMARY ONE!grin

PS: MODS DON'T HIDE MY POST BECAUSE I DID NOT MENTION ANYBODY'S NAME! undecided

You are the brainless one. I wonder where you escaped from that made you forget your norms. Rather than ask yourself why your aspirant would not be able to stand for 2hrs of debate, you are there ranting all the rubbish from your waterloo head. GEJ is the president of this country, like it or die trying to hate.
I am convinced you have no parents and have never been to your village, hence your reason for insulting the president of this country and not realising you are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by axeman10(m): 8:02am On Mar 23, 2015
As a student, the fact that another student is cheating does not justify you not taking a test/exams.

Not justifying whatever PDP did - that's if true- but still Buhari should've come out to present himself, his party and his manifestos/plans for Nigerians.

It was an opportunity to reach millions of supporters across the length and breadth of Nigeria rather than select few.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by okechukwu123: 8:03am On Mar 23, 2015
angryDis idiot(anu)came 2 commission 4. Me at onitsha a picture
Vote 4 change
Vote 4. Apc
Vote 4 gmb

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by hensben(m): 8:03am On Mar 23, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

because GMB has become senile.
It's no longer he will die soon, he has become senile is the next line
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by agabaI23(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2015
Maple:
The graft allegation against the Nigeria Election Debate Group (NEDG) has vindicated the All Progressives Congress' stance that the debate was compromised by President Goodluck Jonathan, the Muhammadu Buhari campaign organisation has said. The opposition campaign media and publicity director Malam Garba Shehu said the sordid details coming out of organizations of the debate would have tainted the APC candidate had he presented himself to the group.

A civil society group, Value and Integrity Group alleged at a press conference on Friday, that a First Bank account opened for the NEDG had the founder of a private television network as sole signatory, even though he is not listed as one of the directors of the NEDG. According to leaders of the Value and Integrity Group, Sina Odugbemi and Popoola Ajayi, co-ordinator and secretary respectively, “an initial deposit of N1 million was paid into the said First Bank account, and on March 28, 2011, another N20 million belonging to the NEDG was paid into the personal account of the said founder of the leading private television network.”

The Buhari campaign said “We at the APC Presidential Campaign got the eye-opening news of the press conference by the Value and Integrity Group accusing the Nigeria Election Debate Group, the crux of the allegation being that some members of the NEDG have been monetarily influenced.”It added that “although the group failed to mention from what source the monies came from, we had taken a position, based on intelligence made available to us that the PDP has compromised the integrity of an unnamed few in the NEDG with huge and ridiculous sums of money.”

“And watching President Goodluck Jonathan reading from a prepared script gleefully as he answered questions in the debate confirmed our suspicion that there will be “EXPO”. “These two scenarios: The allegation of corrupt inducements in the NEDG and the president reading from a prepared script during the debate validates our reasons for abstaining from the debate,” Shehu said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/20024-jonathan-compromised-presidential-debate-buhari-campaign
The allegation of 2011 is the reason you won't participate in 2015? You people should just keep quiet. What about Channels invitation? You don't want expose the ineptitude of Buhari.

Before I read about reading from script, I actually thought it would be OK for him to list things he has achieved in different sectors so that it would be talking point.

Debate questions may vary but they are meant to get out information on what you have done, what did not do and what you will do going forward. It is an open expo. One can get ready for all those without seeing the questions.

And nothing stops the superman Buhari from at least telling us his plans even if someone was reading from the script. What we want to know is, how will you achieve this your change thing?
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Burger01(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2015
dagbokoncept:

If your are good you are good, no doubt. Anyone preparing to take over the affairs of a country of over 160 million should be able to contribute meaningfully and succinctly to these simple questions. Even me without any rehearsal would participate in that debate and still make good contributions. Gej is not reading any prepared text, he has his facts and figures at hand which is allowed within debating context. Gej has an edge over others because he runs the system definitely he must have more facts and insights.
Then the debate is skewed from the word 'Go'. Fair game should be allowed in the debate, whether uncle Jo runs the system or not. Uncle Jo been hinted the way the debate would go, the likely questions, the discuss to be discussed and believe me bruh that ain't fair..
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by naijanaso: 8:05am On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

I WAS SO ASHAMED WHEN I SAW THE BRAINLESS MOR0N READING HIS ANSWERS FROM ALREADY PREPARED SCRIPT! shocked shocked

NOW I SEE WHY HIS DOCTORATE THESIS ARE UNDER LOCK AND KEYS THAT EVEN THE SO-CALLED FREEDOM OF INFO BILL CANT UNLOCK IT! grin

THIS M0R0N SERIOUSLY NEEDS A BRAIN TRANSPLANT! BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO SEND HIM BACK TO ONE VILLAGE CALLED 'OTU' WHERE THEIR MAJOR MARKET IS 'EKE' THEN GIVE HIM AND ONE 'PISSFUL' MAMA A SCHOLARSHIP TO PRIMARY ONE!grin

You are the brainless one. I wonder where you escaped from that made you forget your norms. Rather than ask yourself why your aspirant would not be able to stand for 2hrs of debate, you are there ranting all the rubbish from your waterloo head. GEJ is the president of this country, like it or die trying to hate.
I am convinced you have no parents and have never been to your village, hence your reason for insulting the president of this country and not realising you are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by IVORY2009(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2015
[s]
nwaanambra1:

[/s]

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by hensben(m): 8:06am On Mar 23, 2015
BE811APP:
It baffles me that...
The whole of APC goons couldn't make buhari go for the Debate but they were glued to the screens watching it.

Tho am not gonna vote..
I will NOT vote for Buhari bcuz of the sycophants around him..

They are not good for the country!!!
So na PDP good for. The country...nonsense
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by hensben(m): 8:07am On Mar 23, 2015
himkers:

Your father and your entire lineage/generations are all morons. Like seriously, do you have to throw insults at the President of your republic before you Pass down your (useless) points?? What also happened to kids respecting their elders?? I swear, you need serious re-evaluation and brain check
Pot calling kettle black.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:07am On Mar 23, 2015
hensben:
It's no longer he will die soon, he has become senile is the next line
no its not a new line, even you cant deny that the baba has been forgetting a lot of stuff lately.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by IVORY2009(m): 8:08am On Mar 23, 2015
Demdem:
Seriously, Jonah-daft is a crook

agent Michael
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Joyekpen: 8:08am On Mar 23, 2015
U APC Maggots! I watched the debate live, l watched both sessions, so close ur trap, they have pen and papers to make jottings, when Goodluck was asked his question directly, watch him, he never looked at his paper. He only looked at his jottings when other candidates were asked b4 him. That is a sign he was answering the questions asked not discussing what other candidate are talking about. On education he had to correct Kowa and Ncp who made blunder b4 he then proceed to answer the question. Pls give him credit, Buhari ran away as he could not stand the heat. Something a woman did

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 23, 2015
Sai Buhari
Change!
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by onatisi(m): 8:09am On Mar 23, 2015
Ngwakwe:

I read from you somewhere How the President performed so badly in the debate.

If GEJ had expo and performed below your pass mark while NCP Candidate did well without expo then Buhari's problems are more than what we anticipated.

Buhari can't even debate Patience Jonathan with his 2minutes campaign speeches.

APC is using style to tell Nigerians what they do in their arrangey townhall meetings

What a disgrace in exposing oneself
buhari has no confidence in himself .he can't present his policies and programmes for public scrutiny and criticisms . He is super clueless about how to handle intricate questions and apc is doing all it can to shield this away from nigerians . Buhari had 4 solid years to prepare himself for this election . So all the preparation he did was to avoid debates And for anyone to support his actions is simply ridiculous and absurd .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by harmony940(m): 8:09am On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

You don't need to mention anybodys name,everybody knows who you are refering to,I am not a politician and I don't have sympathy for any political party. In addition respect should be given to those in superior authority please let's watch our tongue in terms of our utterances it might make or mar us.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by dagbokoncept(m): 8:10am On Mar 23, 2015
Burger01:

Then the debate is skewed from the word 'Go'. Fair game should be allowed in the debate, whether uncle Jo runs the system or not. Uncle Jo been hinted the way the debate would go, the likely questions, the discuss to be discussed and believe me bruh that ain't fair..
You don't just accuse people without evidence(s). Those questions are just normal questions anyone could attempt. They are straight forward and not even applied. As far as there's no evidence to back up ur accusations, your claims are void.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Bright2(m): 8:12am On Mar 23, 2015
A failure will always have an excuse for failing.
APC I know is always like that, where ever they lose election , that election is never free and fair but when they win ooo the best election so far.

Prepare your script of achievements so far or what you intend to achieve if elected and go to the debate ground there is nothing wrong in that.

APC there's no short cut to heaven stop all these excuses ,your party is full of excuses.

Tell us the packages you have for us & not gallivanting shouting change change every where as if you can change your family not to mention this great country Nigeria.

Engr Tele Ikuru the Rivers state deputy Governor has defected back to PDP yesterday with the same reason ,party of terrorist,lies,deceit, propaganda etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians / “Femi Fani-kayode, You Are A Madman” - Mr Jollof / Young Soldier, Umar, Killed In The North-west, Brother Mourns (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.