Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki (50159 Views)

How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk / PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group / Senate Presidency: APC May Conduct Primaries For Lawan, Saraki, Akume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by cabjoy(m): 2:41am On Apr 05, 2015
doctokwus:
Just getting to know APC produced 2 HOR members from Imo state,that's great,very great.
If means d next speaker might be from d east since d east has lost out in d race to be f Senate president.
I just hope Imolites would be sensible and return okorocha to that seat by resisting all attempts to rig him out.
we dont need him period
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by chymystique(f): 2:42am On Apr 05, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
I am not a fan of Saraki- too much baggage but he has paid his dues, he took risks to work for the APC and boy he delivered. Kwara is now a APC state.

If the PDP did not rig heavily in Anambra, Ngige would have won hands down. He would have been my preferred choice. Going forward, it is only sensible that Saraki from the NC gets the Senate Presidency.

You must be a joker! I dnt think u knw any single thing about Anambra politics.. If Ngige felt that it was rigged out he shoulda gone to Court after all apga is contesting it whiCh they r wasting their time Cause Iyom Ekwunife won it.. Get it into your skull now, ANambra Central zone dont want Ngige and we dont Care abt his senate presidenCy ambition! Even if we are to Vote again nxt saturday am bettiing you this time, he will get zero Vote. Pls help me remind him to go hug his dead transFormers inCase the loss of senate presidenCy is paining him.. Thank you!

I dnt Care about Change after all Saraki, Ngige, Akume were all in pdp.. am wondering where the so Called Change Came from.. oh I now get what you guys mean.. "Change" means switChing from one party to another.. hehe undecided

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 05, 2015
ohenhen1:
Did the APC retain control of the house of representatives?
Yes. As at today, the APC will have 200 members in the House. It could be more when the elections for 11 federal constituencies in Jigawa are concluded on Saturday.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ogene007: 3:34am On Apr 05, 2015
Gbawe:
I support Saraki as well. I think he is a good choice given the options available.
As if APC has the required two-third. Kindly note that the PDP will have a lot to say about who becomes senate president as long as their 49 senators remain together.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ogene007: 3:39am On Apr 05, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
APC wants to make lagos more beta place for lagosians but without the federal support, they cant do it alone. So now that they got federal support, lets support them to make lagos a better place. We should not go back to old times in lagos now that we have the chance.
Vote Ambode for governor.
Vote APC.
Your problem is tribalism, you need to grow up.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by help3852: 3:47am On Apr 05, 2015
Firefire:
ok oo

We at this end are only laughing and observing the CHANGE cheesy cheesy

Saraki is a big thief.
He installed his former commissioner of finance as governor.
Gov. Ahmed doesn't do anything without approval from Saraki, everyone in the state knows that.
He should list what they have achieved in Kwara state for 12years.

Saraki collects 100million naira from state allocation and bulk of LG Allocation.

The indigenes reported it to EFCC in 2012, he sought for protection from GEJ, but GEJ refused, that is his reason for decamping to APC with the entire state party structure.

NIGERIA IS A BIG JOKE.

I PITY THOSE DECEIVED WITH THE PROPAGANDA OF change.

Looting is taking a new face.
Nigerians be ready for scientific looting.

Its not everything GMB will know, just like GEj can't go to NNPC to ask how many barrels of oil per day was produced. Unless there is sabotage, and PDP plant mules to leak information like APC did, GMB may never know if money is missing.

I trust APC media team, they will brainwash gullible Nigerians to believe all is well, just like what is going on in Lagos.

Nigeria is in for another level of looting

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by mranswer: 4:04am On Apr 05, 2015
help3852:

Saraki is a big thief.
He installed his former commissioner of finance as governor.
Gov. Ahmed doesn't do anything without approval from Saraki, everyone in the state knows that.
He should list what they have achieved in Kwara state for 12years.

Saraki collects 100million naira from state allocation and bulk of LG Allocation.

The indigenes reported it to EFCC in 2012, he sought for protection from GEJ, but GEJ refused, that is his reason for decamping to APC with the entire state party structure.

NIGERIA IS A BIG JOKE.

I PITY THOSE DECEIVED WITH THE PROPAGANDA OF change.

Looting is taking a new face.
Nigerians be ready for scientific looting.

Its not everything GMB will know, just like GEj can't go to NNPC to ask how many barrels of oil per day was produced. Unless there is sabotage, and PDP plant mules to leak information like APC did, GMB may never know if money is missing.

I trust APC media team, they will brainwash gullible Nigerians to believe all is well, just like what is going on in Lagos.

Nigeria is in for another level of looting

I'm not a PDP supporter but the truth is that Saraki and his boy(Abdulfatah Ahmed) have not done any transformation in kwara that's just the truth.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by help3852: 4:07am On Apr 05, 2015
mranswer:

I'm not a PDP supporter but the truth is that Saraki and his boy(Abdulfatah Ahmed) have not done any transformation in kwara that's just the truth.

Tell them.

This change propaganda is fraud.

They used GMB's personality to win elections

Even Tinubu can't win GMb at polls
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:59am On Apr 05, 2015
etilogue:
Its a pity that the people saying Bukola is a good choice for the senate president knows little or nothing about him. He was the governor of Kwara for 8 years, he then chose a figurehead governor to rule for 4 years and still kicking for another term. As an indigene of Kwara state, I can't name 7 major achievement of bukola and his figurehead governor. Bukola joining APC was just to get the post he wants and nothing more. Will never support him because 90% of assets in Kwara has been taken by him, uncountable number of hectares, houses, hotels etc
Your point is weak. George Akume, who also being considered, was the Governor of Benue State under PDP for eight years (1999-2007).

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by femialiu(m): 5:01am On Apr 05, 2015
People talk of Saraki in a bad light..but is the man really that bad...just to mention a few.
1. He was the one that exposed the fuel subsidy issue as the then chairman of NGF.
2. He was the one that harmonized the NGF and made it politically relevant
3. He has been shouting about kerosene subsidy and even took it upon himself to conduct a research nationwide on how much kerosene is actually being sold for. This is a policy that should favour the masses. Saraki is one of Diezani greatest headache.
4. He led other PDP senators to decamp from PDP to APC...infact, he submitted the letter to David Mark which mark didn't accept.
5. He stood his ground against the appointment of Koro as a minister and when David Mark insisted, he led the walk out.
6. He worked assiduously for the election of GMB despite the fact that GMB jailed his father (talk of politics without bitterness).
7. Bukky is the leader of APC in the north central and GMB won in 4 states out of 6. 3 of the 4 states won are PDP governed states (Kogi, Niger and Benue) losing in Plateau and Nasarawa with very small margin.

Follow him on twitter and you will understand Bukky is not as bad as the media has made him look.

I was born and bred in Ilorin, ABS as foundly called performed as one of the best governor in Nigeria...He championed some laudable project and even though he "ate the yam", you can not compare him to the likes of suswam or orji. He started most of the things fashola did in Lagos that people are hailing him e.g clearing of Oja Oba, Kw WA, sweeping of the road, planting of trees and flowers, completely renovated Kw State oldest school and many other schools, started Kw State University, distributed free text books to all state owned secondary school students, even Kw United got to Confederation cup during his time....Yes he is corrupt just like most politicians in Nigeria...but his 8 years as Kw State Governor left the state much better than he met the state...

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:03am On Apr 05, 2015
ogene007:

As if APC has the required two-third. Kindly note that the PDP will have a lot to say about who becomes senate president as long as their 49 senators remain together.
"Choosing" who becomes the senate president and the deputy at plenary is a mere formality. The party with the majority chooses them before plenary.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by sokera: 5:15am On Apr 05, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
I am not a fan of Saraki- too much baggage but he has paid his dues, he took risks to work for the APC and boy he delivered. Kwara is now a APC state.

If the PDP did not rig heavily in Anambra, Ngige would have won hands down. He would have been my preferred choice. Going forward, it is only sensible that Saraki from the NC gets the Senate Presidency.

SINCERELY THE IGBOS SUPPORTED JEG AND HURT THEMSELVES, THEY SHOULD HAVE GOT SLOT FOR SENATE PRESIDENT IF NGIGE WON BUT UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE STILL BABY IN POLITICS .... IGBOS ARE POLITICALLY IMMATURE ...
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by femialiu(m): 5:20am On Apr 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Your point is weak. George Akume, who also being considered, was the Governor of Benue State under PDP for eight years (1999-2007).

Etilogue, saying you cannot name 7 achievement of Saraki in 8 years clearly shows either you chose not to see them or u only read about Kwara in the news...

to start with, do you knw what Unilorin road from mark down to the gate used to look like before ABS, who built the flyover at post office? What about Kw State University, what about the general hospital? And i can count so many roads, what about the govt. House, kw hotel was almost dead before ABS same thing as Kw TV, IGR before Bukky was around 140M/month...do you know ABS alongside with Infiniti systems delivered 400M/month, what about the dialysis center in Asa Dam, before Bukky, how many industry was working in ilorin? Tuyil Pharmacy and KAM industries came alive, do you knw how many elites schools were opened, he buily the IPP at ganmo, what about shonga farms? What about the palms shopping mall, what about the international airport where pilgrims from ekiti and kogi come to when they are travelling tk Mecca, he built an aviation school and also got airlines like arik and overland to come to kw state every day, before him, kw airport hardly see a plane in a month, he linked Tipper Garage to Basin...and that alone opened up a completely new area, land in that side now sells for 3M/plot. Before ABS, owing civil servant is a norm, since 2003 till date, kw state civil servants gets their salary by 29th or 30th. He may not be the best in Nigeria but saying his 8 years is useless is being unfair to him. When ABS became governor, kw poly, offa poly and mini campus were very hot due to cultism..but he was able to quench the fire...i can go on and on to highlight bukky's achievement. I am however not saying he is not corrupt, he is and sincerely, i hope he changes...but as a senator, especially since he joined APC, he has been uncovering many avenues through which diezani has been robbing Nigeria massively.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by arigold1304(m): 5:38am On Apr 05, 2015
Goodkidd:
Why not George Akume? Akume delivered his state for the Apc. Benue was hitherto a Pdp controlled state. He personally funded the Apc in the state and I'm sure he contributed a lot to the national coffers too. What did Saraki do that Akume didn't do? Remember it was a closely fought battle Btw Akume and david mark at the time. The latter only won by a few votes. Ii believe akumes position as Senate minority leader stands him in a better stead to become the senate president as against Saraki who is just being hyped
Nobody fund any thing....na just manipulation of result sheet. election was sabotage, planned and rigged by apc.........how strong PDP state will lost to APC
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ihatesycophant(m): 6:08am On Apr 05, 2015
I tip both George Akume and Saraki Bukola both have done greatly for the APC and so deserve the seat.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:08am On Apr 05, 2015
ogene007:

Your problem is tribalism, you need to grow up.
i'm nt being tribalistic, i'm just advertising my party. Datz all.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by iyimide(m): 6:13am On Apr 05, 2015
mranswer:
left to me I think it should not be saraki because I've been living in kwara for sometime now and honestly there's no transformation going on here and the kwarans always say the governor is saraki's boy which means saraki is the one who decides or dictate for the governor indirectly. and for the past for years now there's no development in kwara we still have bad roads, untared(no road at all) and also thuggery,armed robbery , cultism and also murder and to me you know I see no reason why saraki should be the Senate president and his boy (Abdulfatah Ahmed) should not be elected to. we were all hoping that dele belgore would emerge yhe gubernatorial candidate under the PDP but it all went wrong when he lost in the primaries but please if Abdulfatah Ahmed happen to win take note of the unachievable promises he made in 2011 and lets see those he has achieved thanks!
My brother.. you are a liar... kwara.. bad road? Where? Thuggery? ?? Where Armed robbery Murder Where Maybe you wan5ed to write kogi cheesy
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ihatesycophant(m): 6:14am On Apr 05, 2015
arigold1304:
Nobody fund any thing....na just manipulation of result sheet. election was sabotage, planned and rigged by apc.........how strong PDP state will lost to APC
Are you still under the control of your emotion or sentiment. Do you know what played out in Benue state. Suswan has buried the glory of PDP in Benue state, if not David Mark, PDP would not have gotten the votes they had. The state workers were out to embarrass PDP in all fronts.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Gboliwe: 6:16am On Apr 05, 2015
Firefire:
ok oo

We at this end are only laughing and observing the CHANGE cheesy cheesy

A look at Kwara state will tell the deaf and the blind how awesome the man is.

Sentiments aside, Kwara state is worse than Abia state but the bigots there think otherwise and I agree with them. Atleast, let Abia carry the crown and hopefully things will fall into place

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by kurt09(m): 6:23am On Apr 05, 2015
Chriz:

*The eight National Assembly not fifth.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by GOODNESS2020: 6:29am On Apr 05, 2015
You mean they want a man that singlehandedly finished society generale bank and has issues with efcc over 11bn money laundering? This man is looking for hyper immunity at all cost. Change indeed.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by whitecat1: 6:29am On Apr 05, 2015
You have time sha! The people who are saying bad things don't even know anything about him. They are ibos who are driven crazy by his name and tribe that's all. They are talking trash not because he's not qualified but for them to be able to tell Yoruba how Buhari cheated Tinubu(an equal partner in the merger) out of his administration. Ibos are vindictive and would say Jesus is corrupt if he had a Yoruba name.
femialiu:
People talk of Saraki in a bad light..but is the man really that bad...just to mention a few.
1. He was the one that exposed the fuel subsidy issue as the then chairman of NGF.
2. He was the one that harmonized the NGF and made it politically relevant
3. He has been shouting about kerosene subsidy and even took it upon himself to conduct a research nationwide on how much kerosene is actually being sold for. This is a policy that should favour the masses. Saraki is one of Diezani greatest headache.
4. He led other PDP senators to decamp from PDP to APC...infact, he submitted the letter to David Mark which mark didn't accept.
5. He stood his ground against the appointment of Koro as a minister and when David Mark insisted, he led the walk out.
6. He worked assiduously for the election of GMB despite the fact that GMB jailed his father (talk of politics without bitterness).
7. Bukky is the leader of APC in the north central and GMB won in 4 states out of 6. 3 of the 4 states won are PDP governed states (Kogi, Niger and Benue) losing in Plateau and Nasarawa with very small margin.

Follow him on twitter and you will understand Bukky is not as bad as the media has made him look.

I was born and bred in Ilorin, ABS as foundly called performed as one of the best governor in Nigeria...He championed some laudable project and even though he "ate the yam", you can not compare him to the likes of suswam or orji. He started most of the things fashola did in Lagos that people are hailing him e.g clearing of Oja Oba, Kw WA, sweeping of the road, planting of trees and flowers, completely renovated Kw State oldest school and many other schools, started Kw State University, distributed free text books to all state owned secondary school students, even Kw United got to Confederation cup during his time....Yes he is corrupt just like most politicians in Nigeria...but his 8 years as Kw State Governor left the state much better than he met the state...

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by alexlee50: 6:31am On Apr 05, 2015
Kog45:
But your father David Mark is a bigger rogue and a senate president for more than 8yrs.I now realized how painful u are for having people choice Buhari as d president and it will also be painful for having Bucky as d senate president.Just take heart because for next 4yrs d anti corruption crusade of Buhari would be painful to corrupt minded like u who want to continue swimming in corruption.
My guy u think so? Is this not the same saraki that destroyed societe general bank? Is he not the same person ruined thousands of families and used depositors funds for electoral purposes? Anyway I am sure you were not born when all these happened, so not surprised at your response.But wait, let's talk something recent, is this not the same saraki that connived with james ibori to remove nuhu ribadu as the efcc chairman? U think the anti corruption crusade under Buhari will be strong? Ok, time will tell

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by greatsodade(m): 6:41am On Apr 05, 2015
masseratti:
i dont understand this arguement,George Akume also won in benue,Benue voted for APC in the Presidential elections and George Akume is the minority leader,its only natural hew becomes the president of the senate.

The argument is that benue state has occupy the position for 8 years under david mark. Since it is coming back to NC, and since the SS and SE mess up, they concluded that it should go to another state in NC aside from benue state.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by greatsodade(m): 6:43am On Apr 05, 2015
giantstrides:
I hope saraki will be loyal to the APC cause, he is a very ambitious man. Great choice though because of his leadership abilities.

U re very right...expect him to come for presidency soon.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Mbediogu(m): 6:46am On Apr 05, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://leadership.ng/news/423111/senate-presidency-apc-leaders-push-for-saraki

People are saying the Sarakis have converted Kwara to their private property. Now the encroachment is becoming national. His father was Senate President, now he is going to be. From there he will call in others. Kudos to the Sarakis.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 05, 2015
Over the course of the appointments by GMB, we will start to compare it with GEJs.

GMB Northern president (Muslim)-----Lt.-Gen. Abdurrahman Dambazau , former Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji Ibrahim Commassie and another Northerner being considered.(skewed).

The presidency and the NSA cannot come from the same region and religion.

Senate
GEJ from South-South, Christian- Dasuki, Gasua and the others.(Muslim)....Balanced.

We are about to see a wave of Northern appointments.

God help this country.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by beentarh(f): 7:03am On Apr 05, 2015
Teebashy:
Hmmmmm....Bukola saraki
Once he was made d senate president, I don't tink buhari govt will be d govt of masses
Ask kwara ppl dey will tel u more abt d man

Saraki has been a good man. We Kwara have nothing against him pls.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by beentarh(f): 7:05am On Apr 05, 2015
nzeadachie:
YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT EVEN ASHAME OF YOURSELFS, SO YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT ASHAME OF CALLING KWARA STATE NORTH?

We should have called Kwara South South abi, Mumu!

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by greatsodade(m): 7:10am On Apr 05, 2015
Gboliwe:

A look at Kwara state will tell the deaf and the blind how awesome the man is.

Sentiments aside, Kwara state is worse than Abia state but the bigots there think otherwise and I agree with them. Atleast, let Abia carry the crown and hopefully things will fall into place

Neva, though kwara ain't that good ooo, but don't compare with Abia of all state abeg...Abia worse oo.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by fetty2008: 7:10am On Apr 05, 2015
I support SARAKI, he did well for APC and also, he was the one behind Broken of PDP (OLD & NEW PDP). Saraki is an intelligent and wise person. if will give him chance I believe he wil do better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 / Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life / Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69