Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? (31377 Views)

Ladies! Do You Prefer A Struggling Man Or An Already-made Man? See Replies / 5 Reasons Most Ladies Prefer Married Men - Brainnewsng.com / See The Reason Why Many Ladies Will Never Get Married Soon [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by MPVGoddess: 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
General Rule:

Ruth 1:9:

May Jehovah grant that each of you finds security in the home of your husband.” Then she kissed them, and they wept loudly. NWT
May the LORD grant that each of you will find rest in the home of another husband." Then she kissed them goodbye and they wept aloud. NIV
"May the LORD grant that you may find rest, each in the house of her husband." Then she kissed them, and they lifted up their voices and wept. NASB

Women are seeking for a "resting-place", a place of rest in the house of their husband or security with a 9to5 provides and not the uncertainty and restlessness of entrepreneurship

It was so in the days of Ruth and Naomi and it is still the same today.

The vast majority of women need to take it easy - and then man is supposed to take the heat

Gen 3:17,18:
And to Adam he said: “Because you listened to your wife’s voice and ate from the tree concerning which I gave you this command, ‘You must not eat from it,’ cursed is the ground on your account. In pain you will eat its produce all the days of your life. It will grow thorns and thistles for you, and you must eat the vegetation of the field. NWT

To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’
“Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life. It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. NIV

Some sort of compensation for the pain of carrying pregnancy for 9 months? To counteract/counterbalance the domination of the man

Gen 3: 16:

To the woman he said: “I will greatly increase the pain of your pregnancy; in pain you will give birth to children, and your longing will be for your husband, and he will dominate you.” NWT

To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." NIV

To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you."

Exceptions Exist though!

2 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Lionsclaw: 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
Because their dream is inspired by hollywood. And in hollywood movies they see the lady knotting her husbands tie while he dresses up to go to a PAY job grin

Take away hollywood and the world would be a much saner place

Happy new year

3 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by ADUKKY(f): 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
I encouraged my hubby to resign and give his consulting business a focus. Though he is not there yet, but he has started the journey already and I know sooner than expected, God will bless our hustle. Proud of my CEO.

3 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Spydamannn(m): 2:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
Adaeze003:
I hope I don't sound weird on this one and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Not everyone's vision will become a reality... damn! Hit the damn nail on the head.

Yes, we plan, plan and plan but it doesn't always align in reality like in our heads...

In my opinion(emphasis on the "MY" ) even as you're trying out your different ideas, you should have some plan B that puts food on YOUR table!

For example, I know a software developer who has ideas and has created apps that are on google play but we all know that field is still not fully blown here. So, if he sits at home creating apps all day, he might just go hungry so... he got a blue collar job that at least pays the bills for now while working on his vision!

No1 needs to abandon his/her vision for anyone but you must know that "potential" don't put food on no table.

And heck! If you feel your girl is weighing you down, you leave her and move ahead. Saying stuff like "she made me loose sight of my vision" is just weak abeg... like really weak.

Oh... the last paragraph is on gf/bf basis... if you're married, your wife is only tryna pull you back to reality... you just can't afford to be stuck on a dream you had as a teen when you have babies to feed. unless of course she's the bread winner... and you know what that does to your egos. wink
Word,I can relate...

2 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by JustKeen(m): 2:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
Toks2008:

I guess a typical Nigerian dating Seun in 2006 you would have asked him to forget his dream of owning the largest online forum in Africa and start distributing CVs to all the companies in Nigeria abi?

There was a time Dangote was selling sugar,salt and so on in ridiculous small quantity and im very positive a typical Nigeria lady would have asked him if he will not mind adding a paid job to augment.
Funny how you comfortably used two exceptions to make general rules. For every Seun that aimed to own the largest African online forum and succeeded, there are over 100 that failed. For every successful Dangote, there are over 500 that tried and failed.

@ OP, the reality in Nigeria is that its very difficult succeeding from the scratch as an entrepreneur. Too many factors likely to nip your efforts in the bud. Agreed paid job has its risks too, but the risk factor in "budding entrepreneurship" is graver. Its a journey one can still undertake if one feels one has the grit and means. But any lady that wishes her man settles for paid job than entrepreneurship is doing so from a valid fear underpinned by realistic understanding of the present political economy of the country

**What am I typing even**

5 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Spidermon: 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Salary earner can be taxed every 30 days for money while an entrepreneur mostly can't. Sometimes the hustling entrepreneur might even need help from his babe and our girls aren't down with that.

2 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Toks2008(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
Adaeze003:
I hope I don't sound weird on this one and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Not everyone's vision will become a reality... damn! Hit the damn nail on the head.

Yes, we plan, plan and plan but it doesn't always align in reality like in our heads...

In my opinion(emphasis on the "MY" ) even as you're trying out your different ideas, you should have some plan B that puts food on YOUR table!

For example, I know a software developer who has ideas and has created apps that are on google play but we all know that field is still not fully blown here. So, if he sits at home creating apps all day, he might just go hungry so... he got a blue collar job that at least pays the bills for now while working on his vision!

No1 needs to abandon his/her vision for anyone but you must know that "potential" don't put food on no table.

And heck! If you feel your girl is weighing you down, you leave her and move ahead. Saying stuff like "she made me loose sight of my vision" is just weak abeg... like really weak.

Oh... the last paragraph is on gf/bf basis... if you're married, your wife is only tryna pull you back to reality... you just can't afford to be stuck on a dream you had as a teen when you have babies to feed. unless of course she's the bread winner... and you know what that does to your egos. wink

Im in the same boat ith you on this and that is why any lady must be ready to be up and doing.

I personally know many big time successful men today whose WIVES were practically THE bread winner at a point in their life but if a lady is the lazy type i guess there will be big time conflict.

3 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by DavidEsq(m): 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Untelligent girls like yourself would never contribute meaningfully to thought-provoking treads. You flippant comments always betray you.
Return to the fashion section where simpletons like you converge to drool over the lastest brand of make-up , buttpads and earrings.

*falls down from the mango tree while browsing comments* Bro, chai! u over-killed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by martineverest(m): 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
Toks2008:

Talking about the ladies,trust me, i am so so so so disappointed in nairaland ladies and i can't stress this enough.MOST OF THEM ARE TOO UNINTELLIGENT because they hardly make intelligent and insightful contributions to threads that are of utmost importance to even them.

But many of them are excellent abusers and can give you unwarranted insults..just mark my word and you wil see one quote me soon with a reprisal comment.
that's yi don't them.. The unintelligent ones use insults to cover up

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
IamOdin:
Well bros Toks,,as u can see this set of people are soo engaged in romance that they don't care about their future..if u would post this on the business section it would be attended to.

The kids here isn't old enough to hustle,,they're still into their parents.i hope u got it. smiley

This is insulting angry
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Toks2008(m): 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
JustKeen:

For every successful Dangote, there are over 500 that tried and failed.

I agree but apparently if you check very well..women are largely responsible for 300cases of failure out of the 500...quote me anywhere
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by harristo(m): 2:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
Vikky014:
TOKS2008 This ur thread reminds me of a book i read Rich Dad and Poor Dad by Robert .T.Kiyosaki. DT book really shaped my thought about being a salary earner. It even made me to strt learning many skills. before i was having this mindset of working after school bt nw i know better
It is only fear that keeps most people working as a salary earner. The fear of not paying their bills, the fear of not having enof money and the fear of starting over. but being an entrepreneur enables one to avoid one of LIFE BIGGEST TRAPS WHICH IS SALARY

As a lady i will go for any man that will mind his own business even if he is a salary earner. He shld jst hv a plan of being an entrepreneur after few yrs of earning the salary

so in other words i prefer a promising entrepreneur to a salary earner... Salary is a curse to me..

You spoke my thoughts exactly. I have seen salary earners criticize and condemn budding entrepreneurs simply because it is taking years for them to start of earning significance from their business.
Only for those entrepreneurs to eventually go on to start making millions and building houses, while the salary earners that were condemning the path they choose, would still be making enough to maintain a rented apartment.

And the key point is that most of those who are earning salary and living comfortably will remain in that good status for years to come and never breakout to making millions, heck tens and hundreds of millions if they choose to remain as salary earners and not take the path of entrepreneurship / investments.

Salary earning can and will be a curse to the lazy and timid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by teampregar(m): 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
smvinreal:
Well as for me i can't date a guy who does'nt have anything he is doing "an idle mind is the devils workshop"
A guy wont also date a broke girl.. Make u dey here dey depend on men while fellow girl like u buy 500 million naira house by her hard work..SMH..mst naija girls are dumb and lack vision

7 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by harristo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2016
JustKeen:

Funny how you comfortably used two exceptions to make general rules. For every Seun that aimed to own the largest African online forum and succeeded, there are over 100 that failed. For every successful Dangote, there are over 500 that tried and failed.

@ OP, the reality in Nigeria is that its very difficult succeeding from the scratch as an entrepreneur. Too many factors likely to nip your efforts in the bud. Agreed paid job has its risks too, but the risk factor in "budding entrepreneurship" is graver. Its a journey one can still undertake if one feels one has the grit and means. But any lady that wishes her man settles for paid job than entrepreneurship is doing so from a valid fear underpinned by realistic understanding of the present political economy of the country

**What am I typing even**

The key is to maintain a balance between the two. A man shouldn't give up his entrepreneurship dream simply because the harsh economy forces him to go get a job. He can pursue both at the same time if he is hard working and the nature of both permits.

If he can't pursue both at the same time, he should save enough money from his salary job and invest it in the business he had in mind and have others manage it for him, while he continues his salary job and eventually leaves it.

Settling for paid jobs only isn't something I would advice anybody to do, unless they aren't really interested in breaking the banks (I mean millions monthly).

2 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by skymaxnig: 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
MrsChima:
I am so tired of this dry repetitive shit.
Guilty as charged!!!
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
beycity:
Can someone plss summarize this plsss....
I guess you are a job seeker or an employee, it's only potential employers take time to read and practise what is read.

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by 69MissedCalls(m): 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2016
women are emotional. men are logical. women "feel" and men "think". so if a lady prefers a job, its because she feels its less risky than going out there to start a business. women are not as logical as men so don't expect them to know as much as you do

although some lazy ones prefer white collar dudes because they wanna chop money steady, I think most of them make that decision out of the need to feel "safe"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
misspicy:
who has d summarized version pls?
Another lazy girl spotted.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by obiak4(m): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
Mhizkel:
You are right Op...Some ladies have killed the dreams of their men due to their own selfish desires...why should he be working under someone when he can create his own business and establish himself? Though, you have to work under a boss before becoming your own boss, but whatever worth doing is worth doing well and time waits for no man...As for me, i love the self employed group of men..Even if it's little money you have got, start it up with something and who knows what might happen next!
@your signature what the english version am too lazy to google translate,
back to the matter you must be a rare species if what you wrote is true 1% rare
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by SmartMugu: 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
smvinreal:
Well as for me i can't date a guy who does'nt have anything he is doing "an idle mind is the devils workshop"
Nice point!
Many men wouldn't date a lady that doesn't have anything she's doing too. An idle mind is the devil's workshop. Entirely reciprocal.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nicepoker(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
misspicy:
who has d summarized version pls?
can't u read?
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Anthrophile(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur because of financial security. If an amount trickles in every month just enough for domesticity, they are okay with that. A budding entrepreneur is faced with many uncertainties ranging from turnover rate of his goods/services, managerial practices and integrity of his employees thus he might hit it big or crash out of business.

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by TruthHurts1(m): 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
Because a good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
Adaeze003:
Ok... I'm confused... when did the topic change to "let's talk about how dumb ladies are"

Why must every thread be about how guys are in some way better than girls...

Like what the hell?! @toks2008
lols.
If the topic was "why do ladies love marriage so much?". They won't wait for ladies to comment o, at that point they would know more about ladies than ladies themselves.

Now them dey call ladies dumb, I am still looking for the IQ test he passed, he is yet to show me. grin
They claim to be hardworking guys, well all the hardworking guys around me rarely have time to discuss women. I really don't know about some of these ones on NL.

To the topic, I think it has more to do with uncertainty, it's not just about ladies... it cuts across every human.
We know how long it would take a business to stand on its feet, that's if it even stands finally. Within those years, expenses would arise_ these expenses have to be met.

It's very normal for loved ones, be it male or female advising you to get a job first, then start your side business_ when it crosses the budding stage, you resign and focus on it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by kelechiMarie(f): 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
The thread made perfect sense except for the part where y'all started with the insults(guess you can't resist that).
It's mostly fear that discourages people, owning your business is not easy neither is it stable. Find someone who's willing to share the dream with you and work hard to make it a reality. Also some people call themselves entrepreneurs but it's glaring that they have no concrete plan;jumping from one business idea to the other.Don't expect anyone to support ur laziness if you fall into this category. That said I'll love to encourage everyone who's an entrepreneur,stay focused and it'll pay off someday. And stop whining about unsupportive women,if your gf doesn't support your dream why are you still in the relationship? I know Nigerian men aren't exactly supportive of independent women but I don't use that as an excuse to limit myself.
Women on nl maybe unintelligent but you men should stop this repetitive cry,find intelligent women in the"real world" and move on.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

8 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 3:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
harristo:

You spoke my thoughts exactly. I have seen salary earners criticize and condemn budding entrepreneurs simply because it is taking years for them to start of earning significance from their business.
Only for those entrepreneurs to eventually go on to start making millions and building houses, while the salary earners that were condemning the path they choose, would still be making enough to maintain a rented apartment.

And the key point is that most of those who are earning salary and living comfortably will remain in that good status for years to come and never breakout to making millions, heck tens and hundreds of millions if they choose to remain as salary earners and not take the path of entrepreneurship / investments.

Salary earning can and will be a curse to the lazy and timid.
Exactly mydear. Happy new year

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Swissheart(f): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Toks2008:

I agree but apparently if you check very well..women are largely responsible for 300cases of failure out of the 500...quote me anywhere

......... Toks why would a man claim a woman discouraged him from pursuing his dreams when of cos he has his head intact. Go to the streets... You see women frying stuffs, baking, decorating, events planners even while certified enough to earn salaries but yet they chose to do this things because they want to be employers of Labour, then a grown man will say his girl discouraged him from actualizing his..... Posterity won't forgive such.

Even our holy says..... Can two work together except they agree? Hell no! If your girl refuses to understand or believe in what you are aiming..... End it amicably before she destroys you like Samson. Who knows why she thinks you aren't on track? Whichever way..... we are to complement ourselves. I told someone close how I intend going into production of locust beans(iru) after closing from work........ And he said.... dearest why? You don't need it. I reasoned how much of a lazy fellow he is........ Above all he couldn't stop me. That is how it is.

No one sees your dream better than you......

4 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
harristo:

The key is to maintain a balance between the two. A man shouldn't give up his entrepreneurship dream simply because the harsh economy forces him to go get a job. He can pursue both at the same time if he is hard working and the nature of both permits.

If he can't pursue both at the same time, he should save enough money from his salary job and invest it in the business he had in mind and have others manage it for him, while he continues his salary job and eventually leaves it.

Settling for paid jobs only isn't something I would advice anybody to do, unless they aren't really interested in breaking the banks (I mean millions monthly).

#FACT# I million likes for this

2 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Toks2008(m): 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
Swissheart:
......... Toks why would a man claim a woman discouraged him from pursuing his dreams when of cos he has his head intact. Go to the streets... You see women frying stuffs, baking, decorating, events planners even while certified enough to earn salaries but yet they chose to do this things because they want to be employers of Labour, then a grown man will say his girl discouraged him from actualizing his..... Posterity won't forgive such.

Even our holy says..... Can two work together except they agree? Hell no! If your girl refuses to understand or believe in what you are aiming..... End it amicably before she destroys you like Samson. Who knows why she thinks you aren't on track? Whichever way..... we are to complement ourselves. I told someone close how I intend going into production of locust beans(iru) after closing from work........ And he said.... dearest why? You don't need it. I reasoned how much of a lazy fellow he is........ Above all he couldn't stop me. That is how it is.

No one sees your dream better than you......

Its quite apparent that you dont even have a clue of how powerful you are as a lady...

As they say...behind every successful man is a supportive woman...this is a fact cos that same woman has the power to make a man redundant and only the boys will refute this assertion.

The womenfolk should just try to be as financially independent as possible so that at least the man will be given a fair opportunity to harness his dreams to a logical conclusion rather than be forced to shift ground cos he has to take care of a financially dependent wife and the kids if any.

2 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Jfyzee: 3:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
This write up reminds me of a friend who did faced the challenge of choosing between setting up his business or taking a job he was offered.

Fast forward his bae made him take d job offer and that made him abandon the business he started. He did tried to manage both but he couldn't as d job took more of is time. The bae who later became his wife couldn't maintain the business after he placed it under her care.

Pal later suspended the business and stated he was gonna work for few more years before starting the business again.

Now as someone who was so brilliant and business oriented.. if he had stayed with his business he would have been bigger and more successful than what he is today.

Women should learn to encourage and support their men who has vision (especially entrepreneur) or in any career choosing.. they should stop looking at the now but rather focus on the future..

So much agree with the Op as this is d fate of most men in our society today.. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by sholay2011(m): 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
IamOdin:
Mehn cry me an ocean instead of all these.

May be modified when am done reading tho,but 4 now, Cry! Cry!! Cry!!!

*Modified*
hey bro,,you made sense from start till end,forgive my agitation cos long threads like these end up being shit but this one's really different.

You're seconded in everything u said smiley.

But my advice to fellow entreprenuers,cos i am one,,never u,i mean NEVER u give up cos of pressures from ladies,u should know they are brainless especially the single ones and have been that way since the time of ADAM.Always stay focused and if possible DUST these distractions b4 they ruin ur career.Though i believe any determined person should know this already.

And once more big brother Toks,forgive my agitation.

My 2kobocheesy
Do you have sisters? You sure have a mother?

2 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by crystalzt: 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
Because most of them have refused to see the future

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Women Cheating More Than Men Lately? / In Uyo, Akwa Ibom Girls No Longer Wear Panties (pictures) / The Search Is Over! Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.