Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,719 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? (31388 Views)

Ladies! Do You Prefer A Struggling Man Or An Already-made Man? See Replies / 5 Reasons Most Ladies Prefer Married Men - Brainnewsng.com / See The Reason Why Many Ladies Will Never Get Married Soon [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by lanrefront1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
What you are saying is true of both ladies and men. It is a general thing, not restricted to ladies. Most people, whether it is a man or lady would tell you exactly the same thing you're implying ladies only will say
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
emonkey:
[size=16pt]Budding entrepreneurs are the kind of guys you find on Nairaland typing crap from the children's room in their parents' house.. [/size]
Salary earners are too busy to be "online". They have responsibilities such as a bills to pay
y nt say salary earners dnt visit any website atall u better invest ur salary wisely by having more assets wink

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by MakeMoves: 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
Here is a long one o, try endure, might be worth your time.

The Lessons of failure in entrepreneurial engagements have thought me a lot, some which relate to this topic I will share.

You can't blame a lady for seeking "certainty" for its opposite. Some have been brought up in structured salaried families, and know no better.

Another set can't accommodate the thoughts of lack as they can't bear its consequences, hence, salary husband.

Others ascribe a reference to a big company as status enhancement for their families, who are they to be blamed?

To mention a few, now let's dig deeper.

Some women(mothers especially), don't believe their sons have yet gathered prequisite experience to manage a business as they perceive us as immature irrespective of age. After feeding from their bodies for so long, who can blame them? Not me.

We are in the now now generation where marriageable ladies want it all from the word go. No be all of us be payday, oh sorry, paddy adenuga.

On a personal note, I begun my journey at 18, designing websites and coding. We got some big companies to work with as the service was rare and expensive at the time and yes my cousin and I made good returns. As our culture will have it, had to drop it all for higher education. Geographic location of studies killed the business.

At 22, had to complete professionals for three years which I was able to do, thank God--in record time. Once my instincts set in, I setout again, combining IT with finance. All hell broke loose, heard all sorts, you need experience, how old are you, you can't, do you know sharks will eat you--whilst all these are part of the journey, I was frustrated out of my dream, ended up working for salary for another 3 years.

In the process, I found I couldn't keep a job for longer than 6 months. They were boring and monotonous, had to follow that dream still. In the process of this job in job out, my then GF couldn't get it, to her I was wild and mad. In her mind I was a squandered of rare opportunities. Guessed right, she dropped my visionary ass. LOL.

Fast forward to now, I am managing partner of a firm of 25 direct and indirect man strength firm, helping other organizations archive their business goals. To my joy ,vindication and testimony of Gods fulfillment of promises,I recently got a consulting Job at an arm of the UN in New York. Na me be this?

I am involved directly and indirectly in over 9 businesses in some countries across industries and life is looking up.

In conclusion, it's been hard, going out there to create something from nothing and the experience has been all worth it. Have got flexible work hours at times, and other times mostly busy--but that's the drill.

All I can share is that if you believe strongly enough, first they will see you as mad, next could he be mad and lastly it's us who were Mad.

I don't blame our ladies, their propensity for risk isn't as ours, they plan moment to the next, a great capacity God gave them. If you have a difficult one, continue to communicate and more importantly, show results!

All the best guys in 2016. A new height awaits.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by nekede11(m): 5:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
I just make peace wit my girl today because it's new yr and she have come to term, since october 1st week,she said ,and i qoute "i don't like the work u do,i have been harboring it for long,u study mechanical engring,and here u are doing cleaning bizness,why can't u get a job in an oil or engineering company,beside,the biz is nt fetching u good money" my poeple i nearly run mad hearing those tins from her,but as a determine person,i cut off frm her,to chase my dream of becoming a great employer,she hav been calling me ever since to come bck,but i didn't send any of her call poo ,nt even to pick them,but now she hav learn d diff btw employee and employer,am happy she hav alignd herself into my dream of becoming a great employer.(i hav done diff underpaid job since 2011 i finishd my NYSC,never landed dat dream job,last year,i decide to change d game,my last underpaid job was a cleaning job whch i got on jan 2015,i was paid 23k monthly by d contractor,i spend only 5 months on dat job,then got a cleaning contract wit an NGO,i now hav 2 registered company,both for diff cleaning specializatn,i hav 3 employees presently,each collecting 30k per month,am making my small cash,i hav all d time for myself,am happy for my career pathline,DON' EVER ALLOW ANY ONE TO KILL UR DREAM, am hustling for more contract,it is going to be massive dis yr. I PRAY THAT GOD WILL GIVE YOU CAREER DIRECTION DIS YEAR, say amen

5 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
Toks2008:

I guess a typical Nigerian dating Seun in 2006 you would have asked him to forget his dream of owning the largest online forum in Africa and start distributing CVs to all the companies in Nigeria abi?

There was a time Dangote was selling sugar,salt and so on in ridiculous small quantity and im very positive a typical Nigeria lady would have asked him if he will not mind adding a paid job to augment.

You started out well but lost traction completely when you stated "Dangote sold sugar and salt in small quantities"

It is quite obvious you have no idea Dangote's first business venture, funded by a loan from his extremely wealthy Uncle was supplying all the Cement used for Festac '77.

Think about that for a second.

6 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Emeka71(m): 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
smvinreal:
Well as for me i can't date a guy who does'nt have anything he is doing "an idle mind is the devils workshop"
That means you can date me because I have a lot doing.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by fortune1968: 6:17pm On Jan 01, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

What would be your contribution? Sex? What do you do for a living? I BET YOU DO NOT EARN ANY INCOME. LAZY PARASITE!
u know their mindset as shown by this lady comment . they are out to `dry' the man husband or boyfriend .it is only an independent minded man that can overcome them

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Toks2008(m): 6:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
Ravenwolf:

You started out well but lost traction completely when you stated "Dangote sold sugar and salt in small quantities"

It is quite obvious you have no idea Dangote's first business venture, funded by a loan from his extremely wealthy Uncle was supplying all the Cement used for Festac '77.

Think about that for a second.

At least we know there was a time of humble begining.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
sholay2011:

Do you have sisters? You sure have a mother?
grin Boss happy new year! I barely see your comments on movie section again. hope all is well?
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
Toks2008:

Exactly the premise I want you to stop making. Unless almost 2 million dollars in today's money is how you define humble.

6 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by COOLCATS: 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
Toks2008:

you need deep understanding. " funded by loan" how many entrepreneurs today have access to that loan. " supplied the cement used in festac 77 " The contact was already there. In today's business contacts come first,thats why some are still salary earners, trying to build necessary contacts.

3 Likes

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by sholay2011(m): 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
FredBloggs:
grin Boss happy new year! I barely see your comments on movie section again. hope all is well?
Happy new year Bro! All is well. I try my best to make comments there. I rarely see you too.

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
sholay2011:

Happy new year Bro! All is well. I try my best to make comments there. I rarely see you too.
No, I don't even comment self, I just read your comments and download the movies.oh, like "silver lining playbook" you told me about *my former moniker* . BTW, have you seen "Burnt" by Bradley Cooper?
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by sholay2011(m): 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2016
FredBloggs:
No, I don't even comment self, I just read your comments and download the movies.oh, like "silver lining playbook" you told me about *my former moniker* . BTW, have you seen "Burnt" by Bradley Cooper?
Lol....I am curious about your former moniker. I haven't seen 'Burnt' though.

Have you seen 'Joy' ft Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro (from the Director of Silver Linings)?
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Meelaw(m): 7:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
sholay2011:

Lol....I am curious about your former moniker. I haven't seen 'Burnt' though.

Have you seen 'Joy' ft Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro (from the Director of Silver Linings)?
my former moniker was preciousjoz. Joy, I will have to download it tonight niyen! Thanks again sir.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by sellers4buyers(m): 7:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
How I wish our ladies can see what entrepreneur like us are seeing but its up to d guy to make her see it. When I told my girl that am leaving federal government work to start growing my company she said "I will leave you if you resign I swear" you want to leave a secured and pensionable job and start a business you dont know what will become of it the next minute, the following week I wrote my resignation letter and showed her a copy she was like bla bla bla, you don't listen to me, you don't this, you don't that. All I told her that day is if you want to go you can, but..... to cut the long story short before she is calling me mine when am in paid employment but now my new title is "DADY" you should know what am talking about. So if you have an idea and you believe in it with a good plan go for it, I always tell guys that it's not everything a woman says you will listen to, you just have to weigh all options available.

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by sholay2011(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
FredBloggs:
my former moniker was preciousjoz. Joy, I will have to download it tonight niyen! Thanks again sir.
You are welcome sir. Now I remember your former moniker. I am a huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence. 'Joy' is a very inspirational film...a bit tonally confused but it overall works for me.

I hope you like it.

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
Sacluxpaint:
Hoes like regular source of income earners while they see entrepreneurs as not doing any thing useful because the income is not as steady, it could be difficult while starting though, but if ur dangote, money answereth all things. By the way of recent, many girls from the SE are prostituting about in Lekki phase 1, I don't know why.
Many girls from the SEwere they with an ID card for u to make such claim or r u their customer

i seriously need ur reply

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
sellers4buyers:
How I wish our ladies can see what entrepreneur like us are seeing but its up to d guy to make her see it. When I told my girl that am leaving federal government work to start growing my company she said "I will leave you if you resign I swear" you want to leave a secured and pensionable job and start a business you dont know what will become of it the next minute, the following week I wrote my resignation letter and showed her a copy she was like bla bla bla, you don't listen to me, you don't this, you don't that. All I told her that day is if you want to go you can, but..... to cut the long story short before she is calling me mine when am in paid employment but now my new title is "DADY" you should know what am talking about. So if you have an idea and you believe in it with a good plan go for it, I always tell guys that it's not everything a woman says you will listen to, you just have to weigh all options available.
WOW you are a MAN. kudos
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Millz404(m): 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
Mhizkel:
You are right Op...Some ladies have killed the dreams of their men due to their own selfish desires...why should he be working under someone when he can create his own business and establish himself? Though, you have to work under a boss before becoming your own boss, but whatever worth doing is worth doing well and time waits for no man...As for me, i love the self employed group of men..Even if it's little money you have got, start it up with something and who knows what might happen next!
i will like to marry you....send me your number lets plan
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by holaralph(m): 11:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
@ OP I don't send ladies for now and I have my reasons for that, base on experience 99.9% of the ladies doesn't want to go to market to buy everlasting ingredients to prepare everlasting soup but they are always after fast food that will not last.... So I don't blame them because the ladies tend to forget that majority of we men are extremely wise........ Imagine a woman that doesn't support a budding entrepreneur what will she expect from the man when he eventually encounter breakthrough nothing but remnant of the wealth of that man........ So for now I don't send them but if there is one I try to go closer to and she tends to give me this type of sign I don't waste my time on such I will uproot her from my gadget and brain because I know where am going........ MY VIEW GREAT NAIRALANDERS
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by boonzarh(m): 1:07am On Jan 02, 2016
There are lady out there who like entrepreneurs. Men that create. The asvice is that men should look out for ladies that suit their dream before entering serious relationship
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 02, 2016
To be sincere, it isn't very easy to watch a man give up his job to start from the scratch as an entrepreneur. There's always going to be fears, no matter what.... It would be difficult at the initial point, hurdles and possible set-back here and there.

But at the end of the day, a woman can do a lot for her man by simply having faith in him, esp if he's passionate and confident about what he intends to venture into. She'd most likely pull him down faster if she's unsupportive, always nagging and decisively demanding. It's really quite fulfilling to watch and help ur man grow, and together build impregnable fortresses cheesy

Despise not the days of little beginnings ..

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by deejeet1: 2:51am On Jan 02, 2016
You really got it right bro... I'm faced the same issue with my gf and even my mum before but now that I'm making some strings of success, they both seem to be encouraging me. We need to be real and pursue our dreams... Women are good in putting pressure on you or even try to discourage you
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by TaiKuun(m): 8:51am On Jan 02, 2016
smvinreal:
Well as for me i can't date a guy who does'nt have anything he is doing "an idle mind is the devils workshop"
who asked you question? Did the op make mention of an idle man here? So your comment is irrelevant pls
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by TaiKuun(m): 8:53am On Jan 02, 2016
Briee:
Na book you dey write?
this is one of those women you should refuse in your life. They'll never encourage you
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Godwin10(m): 8:58am On Jan 02, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Unintelligent girls like yourself would never contribute meaningfully to thought-provoking threads. Your flippant comments always betray you.
Return to the Fashion Section where simpletons like you converge to drool over the lastest brand of make-up , buttpads and earrings.

cheesy grin
Fatality
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Godwin10(m): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2016
MakeMoves:
Here is a long one o, try endure, might be worth your time.

The Lessons of failure in entrepreneurial engagements have thought me a lot, some which relate to this topic I will share.

You can't blame a lady for seeking "certainty" for its opposite. Some have been brought up in structured salaried families, and know no better.

Another set can't accommodate the thoughts of lack as they can't bear its consequences, hence, salary husband.

Others ascribe a reference to a big company as status enhancement for their families, who are they to be blamed?

To mention a few, now let's dig deeper.

Some women(mothers especially), don't believe their sons have yet gathered prequisite experience to manage a business as they perceive us as immature irrespective of age. After feeding from their bodies for so long, who can blame them? Not me.

We are in the now now generation where marriageable ladies want it all from the word go. No be all of us be payday, oh sorry, paddy adenuga.

On a personal note, I begun my journey at 18, designing websites and coding. We got some big companies to work with as the service was rare and expensive at the time and yes my cousin and I made good returns. As our culture will have it, had to drop it all for higher education. Geographic location of studies killed the business.

At 22, had to complete professionals for three years which I was able to do, thank God--in record time. Once my instincts set in, I setout again, combining IT with finance. All hell broke loose, heard all sorts, you need experience, how old are you, you can't, do you know sharks will eat you--whilst all these are part of the journey, I was frustrated out of my dream, ended up working for salary for another 3 years.

In the process, I found I couldn't keep a job for longer than 6 months. They were boring and monotonous, had to follow that dream still. In the process of this job in job out, my then GF couldn't get it, to her I was wild and mad. In her mind I was a squandered of rare opportunities. Guessed right, she dropped my visionary ass. LOL.

Fast forward to now, I am managing partner of a firm of 25 direct and indirect man strength firm, helping other organizations archive their business goals. To my joy ,vindication and testimony of Gods fulfillment of promises,I recently got a consulting Job at an arm of the UN in New York. Na me be this?

I am involved directly and indirectly in over 9 businesses in some countries across industries and life is looking up.

In conclusion, it's been hard, going out there to create something from nothing and the experience has been all worth it. Have got flexible work hours at times, and other times mostly busy--but that's the drill.

All I can share is that if you believe strongly enough, first they will see you as mad, next could he be mad and lastly it's us who were Mad.

I don't blame our ladies, their propensity for risk isn't as ours, they plan moment to the next, a great capacity God gave them. If you have a difficult one, continue to communicate and more importantly, show results!

All the best guys in 2016. A new height awaits.

Great Piece. smiley I love it.

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Mhizkel(f): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
Millz404:

i will like to marry you....send me your number lets plan
grin
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Mhizkel(f): 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
obiak4:

@your signature what the english version am too lazy to google translate,
back to the matter you must be a rare species if what you wrote is true 1% rare
If your gf is with you because of money, then any nigga with money can bleep your b*tch.

What I wrote is so true.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by obiak4(m): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
Mhizkel:

If your gf is with you because of money, then any nigga with money can bleep your b*tch.

What I wrote is so true.
ok princess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No Man Deserves To Be Called A Broke Ass: Do Not Judge Him / Six(6) Powerful Ways To Prevent Your Breast From Falling/sagging / How Do I Know My FianceƩ's Ring Size Without Her Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.