Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,397 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? (31374 Views)

Ladies! Do You Prefer A Struggling Man Or An Already-made Man? See Replies / 5 Reasons Most Ladies Prefer Married Men - Brainnewsng.com / See The Reason Why Many Ladies Will Never Get Married Soon [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
Vikky014:
Many girls from the SEwere they with an ID card for u to make such claim or r u their customer

i seriously need ur reply

I can bet you a huge chunk of my salary that out of 10 girls u come across at admiralty road, lekki phase 1. 8 are SE girls. I find it annoying though.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Dynamite02: 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
emonkey:
[size=16pt]Budding entrepreneurs are the kind of guys you find on Nairaland typing crap from the children's room in their parents' house.. [/size]
Salary earners are too busy to be "online". They have responsibilities such as a bills to pay
1,000,000likes
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Dynamite02: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2016
My friend is a "budding entrepreneur", today he's into fish farming at the back of his fathers house,tomorrow he's into yam/plantain farming ,last week he was into real estate in his mind (house agent)....hmm!!!.the list is long. His dream is to move from his fathers house to lekki.

The lady he's interested in wants him to get a job first(he's a 3rd class material,and believes he can't achieve anything with that) or better still get a promising portfolio,not all this jack of all trade thing he's into.
To him she's not supporting his "dry" dream. He's always at home surfing the net,if its to hustle for money to buy data...he's a guru.
I feel sorry for any lady that will settle down with such a man.

Personally I avoid him , whenever we hang out together the next thing is "I beg arrange card for me na....my subscription is out"...... *smh*
Recently he was complaining that his friends are avoiding him because he doesn't have money, in my mind I was like "before nkoor". Besides, I am always busy and choked up...I have to pay my rent but you stay in your fathers house,I have my siblings to care for,you don't...so if you have all the time in the world ,I don't.

That lady wants to settle down with him......,but is love enough? She's been supporting his dreams financially,but for how long?
"Dream" get grade
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Dynamite02: 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nori:
funny enough I love guys who are entrepreneurs and talk very passionately and intelligently about what they want to do, guys with a clear vision about where they see themselves in some years to come. but the thing is I don't think many have what it takes to be an entrepreneur especially in this country where many businesses end up crumbling, its not for the faint hearted, its for those who are go-getters and very determined to succeed.

many young guys just want to be entrepreneurs but they don't know what it takes to become one, they think its easy , they just stay at home taking no action and telling people they are entrepreneurs with no clear vision about what they want. some just feel too big to work under somebody. or some are very unrealistic and living in a fantasy world. for you to take that big risk by quitting your job and being self employed you have to have a very good and realistic plan. cant take the risk with some of these "self employed'' guys roaming the streets.

That's raw "matter" there
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Toks2008(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dynamite02:
My friend is a "budding entrepreneur", today he's into fish farming at the back of his fathers house,tomorrow he's into yam/plantain farming ,last week he was into real estate in his mind (house agent)....hmm!!!.the list is long. His dream is to move from his fathers house to lekki.

The lady he's interested in wants him to get a job first(he's a 3rd class material,and believes he can't achieve anything with that) or better still get a promising portfolio,not all this jack of all trade thing he's into.
To him she's not supporting his "dry" dream. He's always at home surfing the net,if its to hustle for money to buy data...he's a guru.
I feel sorry for any lady that will settle down with such a man.

Personally I avoid him , whenever we hang out together the next thing is "I beg arrange card for me na....my subscription is out"...... *smh*
Recently he was complaining that his friends are avoiding him because he doesn't have money, in my mind I was like "before nkoor". Besides, I am always busy and choked up...I have to pay my rent but you stay in your fathers house,I have my siblings to care for,you don't...so if you have all the time in the world ,I don't.

That lady wants to settle down with him......,but is love enough? She's been supporting his dreams financially,but for how long?
"Dream" get grade

LWKMD!

I think the guy needs to get his ass right.

Entrepreneurs always have a short term and long term target and the short term must be the type that brings food to the table while the long term is the one they want to be identified with in the long run but most especially the short term must never hinder or conflict with the long run.

This is the mistake many guys make...when you decide to be an entrepreneur you must understand that your family must survive hence the need to get into a busines that will cater for that while still focusing on your long term thing and this is why a lady must be up and doing to augment his efforts.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Dynamite02: 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
Toks2008:

LWKMD!

I think the guy needs to get his ass right.

Entrepreneurs always have a short term and long term target and the short term must be the type that brings food to the table while the long term is the one they want to be identified with in the long run but most especially the short term must never hinder or conflict with the long run.

This is the mistake many guys make...when you decide to be an entrepreneur you must understand that your family must survive hence the need to get into a busines that will cater for that while still focusing on your long term thing and this is why a lady must be up and doing to augment his efforts.

I pray o! He wants to see the long term target "hammer" now now now and to pay big.
I presented an opportunity to him for a Job with me , and he was like " You fit pay meeee?" .......I said "how much?" He mentioned millionssssss ....I said "continue with your dream "
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Toks2008(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dynamite02:

I pray o! He wants to see the long term target "hammer" now now now and to pay big.
I presented an opportunity to him for a Job with me , and he was like " You fit pay meeee?" .......I said "how much?" He mentioned millionssssss ....I said "continue with your dream "

He is clueless.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Dynamite02: 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
Toks2008:

He is clueless.

It is not everybody that carries the entrepreneurial label on their forehead, that is a real one or would succeed at the end of the day....some are "clueless". Now, no sensible,smart lady would want to settle for a "clueless" budding entrepreneur. ( That is where the choice comes in). A smart lady would "smell rat " from afar and raise alarm(probably by advising the man to pursue something else),when a dream is becoming futile they know.
After all,if the man succeeds they succeed too.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by MrsChima(f): 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
IQnoCommon:
because you feel some type of way,maybe guilty of the offence

LMAO@me feeling guilty about stupid sh1t. grin grin grin
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by IQnoCommon(m): 12:51am On Jan 03, 2016
MrsChima:

LMAO@me feeling guilty about stupid sh1t. grin grin grin
you know what am saying...wish I can chat with u tho
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

I can bet you a huge chunk of my salary that out of 10 girls u come across at admiralty road, lekki phase 1. 8 are SE girls. I find it annoying though.
How did u know dis they told u that themselves?,?
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vikky014:
How did u know dis they told u that themselves?,?

Lekki is my zones madam, and from time to time I interact. U look familiar? U sure u not among?
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Lekki is my zones madam, and from time to time I interact. U look familiar? U sure u not among?
You interact or sleep with them YES AM AMONG THEM undecided

jst tell me how u concluded dt they r frm SE dazzall
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vikky014:
You interact or sleep with them YES AM AMONG THEM undecided

jst tell me how u concluded dt they r frm SE dazzall

I talk to them, and to be honest I am from SE, so this is no tribal targeting. If u r down for a date, we can do small investigative journalism and you will be shocked. Admiralty road does not lie.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

I talk to them, and to be honest I am from SE, so this is no tribal targeting. If u r down for a date, we can do small investigative journalism and you will be shocked. Admiralty road does not lie.
YOU TALK TO THEM AS PEOPLE YOU KNOW FROM YOUR VILLAGE IN SE OR WHT
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vikky014:
YOU TALK TO THEM AS PEOPLE YOU KNOW FROM YOUR VILLAGE IN SE OR WHT

Madam no need to overflog the issue, I have told you. Or should I write thesis to explain more?
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Madam no need to overflog the issue, I have told you. Or should I write thesis to explain more?
u didnt tell me anything. how did u interact with them(by sleeping wt dem or by exchanging contacts) do u mean u jst met them and asked them their state of origin
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vikky014:
u didnt tell me anything. how did u interact with them(by sleeping wt dem or by exchanging contacts) do u mean u jst met them and asked them their state of origin

I have repented but during my intimate encounters with them, I got to find out. They are always pretty and sexy fresh but it's unfortunate they are into such ungodly venture.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

I have repented but during my intimate encounters with them, I got to find out. They are always pretty and sexy fresh but it's unfortunate they are into such ungodly venture.
no be small repented. so y cant u go and preach to them as their former customer and brother from SE than coming here to raise the Alarm
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vikky014:
no be small repented. so y cant u go and preach to them as their former customer and brother from SE than coming here to raise the Alarm

I have to because it's becoming irritating, nd why the aggression in your replies, you represent the association or what? No disrespect mam.

1 Like

Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

I have to because it's becoming irritating, nd why the aggression in your replies, you represent the association or what? No disrespect mam.
yes i represent them undecided
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vikky014:
yes i represent them undecided

Have we met?
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Have we met?
yes!!!!
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vikky014:
yes!!!!

Can't remember meeting a Vicky?
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Can't remember meeting a Vicky?
really no wahala
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vikky014:
really no wahala

Which club? An NL reunion is not bad though.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Vikky014(f): 7:32am On Jan 04, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Which club? An NL reunion is not bad though.
Mtcheew undecided
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by TheSpellChecker: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2018
Toks2008:
Thats very taughtful of you.

Very thoughtful indeed! wink
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Toks2008(m): 10:03am On Aug 07, 2018
TheSpellChecker:

Very thoughtful indeed! wink

lol! thanks mr spell checker. But grammar no collect money for bank o.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by TheSpellChecker: 11:58am On Aug 07, 2018
Toks2008:

lol! thanks mr spell checker. But grammar no collect money for bank o.

You may be right.

Unfortunately, some of us are simply knowledge over money.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2018
I use to prefer a salary earner cos of their steady income, but then it dawned on me that if you end up with a salary earner, the possibilities of him becoming a millionaire is slim.
Re: Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2018
Toks2008:
If you ask any lady to choose between a salary earner or an entrepreneur i guess many will gladly go for the latter.

Yes most ladies will gladly settle for an established and successful entrepreneur but will prefer a man that earns a salary to a BUDDING entrepreneur aiming to make success of his career?

How amazing is the fact that many ladies would rather prefer a butterfly to a caterpillar.

It is amazing how an average Nigerian lady will go all out to kill the zeal of a young and promising entrepreneur simply because of the fear of the unseen,she will advice him to take up a job just because she is more interested in having the assurance that there is a regular in-flow of cash either for her selfish gains or for the sake of the children.

Ok I guess you will be saying in your mind ”this guy don come again” so do me this favor and lets do this real life testing..

If you are a guy who is still searching for job simply call your lady on the phone and tell her “honey wow! guess what? I have gotten a business idea I want to start” and please observe her response.

Wait for another week and call her again but this time say “Honey you won’t believe I got a job” and also observe her response.

And for those who are already working,simply call your lady and tell her “honey I have decided to quit my job to start my personal business” ..i am almost certain you are in for a long sermon on why you should not.

Some ladies are even kind enough to ask you to get a job first then probably raise the money for the business as though they are so certain that all the money you earn monthly from the hopeful job will be saved for your intending business and unfortunately by the time you start a job
you intend spending just few years,you will wake up after 20years to discover you are still stuck up in same job because the employers we have are pretty smart enough not to allow you space for yourself and you will even have to lie in order to attend an interview for another job offer.

Please don’t get it twisted…as a man,there is absolutely nothing wrong in taking up a job if that is what rocks your boat but I am simply laying emphases on some Nigerian ladies who lack vision,those who are mediocre and those who just believe that getting by is more important in life than attaining a potential maximum IN YOUR CHOSEN CAREER.

Our ladies must understand that just as we have men who are ok with a paid jobs and depend on the employer to gain promotion and more take home pay,we also have men who are visionary,men who would rather want to be an employer of labor rather than be an employee,men who will stop at nothing to achieve their dreams and men who will later become the Dangotes and bill gates of today and eventually become a owner of a company many see today as well established and many ladies will even pray and fast for their men to be employed there.

This is my point ladies…the choice remains yours but please do not stress our men who are visionary,determined and result oriented. Allow them pursue their dreams.Get a life for yourself,get financially independent and allow this man space to actualize his dreams.

My candid view.
there is a proverb that says that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, if you want your daughters to put their lives in the hands of entrepreneurs whose futures are then be my uncertain, then be my guest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Women Cheating More Than Men Lately? / In Uyo, Akwa Ibom Girls No Longer Wear Panties (pictures) / The Search Is Over! Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.