Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45876 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by akyn(m): 9:45am On Jun 09, 2010
bro, its not about the periods but about how much hunger you have to be the best at what you do. so bro is good to have someone to give you the basics but you have to do the major work, study hard and search for resources on your own.

get a mentor in this forum or wherever so that when it gets confusing you have someone to put you thru.
goodluck
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
silversol:

I am a newcomer in the field of networking.My desire to become a CISCO expert made me go out in search of a CISCO academy(meridian technologies=APTECH) and I was lucky to find one close to where I live.The training is expected to last for four months.I am a little bit confused,I am not sure if four months is enough to really tutor me on all the topic areas of CCNA(640-802).I would like to get your expert opinion on this issue.Thanks

Four months only prepare you for passing the exams.
Four months are only the beginning of a wild journey.
This is not supposed to discourage you. . . Only to make you understand CCNA knowledge is useless to Enterprise Networks.
So the big work starts now. Your learning starts when you pass the CCNA.
Research, research, and plenty of Lab hours. . .
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by donami(m): 7:17am On Jun 19, 2010
Passed ma ccna some weeks ago n just download the new cert. kit for ccnp route,switch, and tshoot
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Blizzle(m): 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2010
CBT nuggets are very good if you want to pursue any certification in the professional cadre, but ofcourse that would only teach you in a class-like manner. To really ground yourself in these field, you'll need a lot of practice especially on switches and routers.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by madimba: 12:05am On Jun 22, 2010
CISCO tutor /teacher needed for a "new" school. Let me know if you are interested so that we can discuss.
partners welcome
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by skbello: 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2010
I HAVE ALWAYS LOOK FOR AN OPPOURTUNITY TO COME ACROSS SOMEONE THAT IS GOOD IN NETWORKING PRACTICAL THAT I CAN WORK WITH IN OTHER TO LEARN , PLZ IF YOU ARE THE ONE, PLZ LET ME KNOW. MY CONTACT ARE neyo100@yahoo.com or 08034687494. Thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by DoubleN(m): 7:34am On Sep 21, 2010
It's been a while people.After a year of hard-work,i finally have my CCSP.Thanks be to God!
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bashman004: 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2010
I work in an ISP firm but my nightmare has been the consistent browsin even when all the lights on the modem are on.i have made a thorough check on my LAN everything was okay(not Virus/Worm issue).Occasionally,i have to connect the modem directly with a cross cable to my laptop to narrow it down but the problem is still there(not browsing) but the main thing that baffles me is that the i can ping any DNS address and still get a good reply.Then I discovered that at anytime the browsin freezes and i power off the modem and power on again for it to reboot,it automatically starts browsing again untill after some time the problem occurs again even with rx,tx & net lock in order.

Please what are the possible reasons for this problem.
and what can i do

bashali00@yahoo.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by mikkyphp(m): 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2010
@bachman, i presume you ISP is running on a VSAT backbone right? just ask your service provider(Gilat/Intelsat et al) for an upgrade patch for the firmware on your modem or replace your modem. All should be fine.

For learning cisco to whatever level, lab hours entered cannot be overemphasized. if you can't afford to tinker with production routers in your office, buy one or two. if you can't afford it, then download simulators e.g packet tracer, routersim etc.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bashman004: 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2010
mikkyphp:

@bachman, i presume you ISP is running on a VSAT backbone right? just ask your service provider(Gilat/Intelsat et al) for an upgrade patch for the firmware on your modem or replace your modem. All should be fine.

For learning cisco to whatever level, lab hours entered cannot be overemphasized. if you can't afford to tinker with production routers in your office, buy one or two. if you can't afford it, then download simulators e.g packet tracer, routersim etc.

yes it's on VSAT (Dopc) and i've tried calling them about but not seeming to help plz any advice will be appreciated
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2011
we need to refresh this thread, its in a coma.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2011
Nateevs,nicesoul,toya Tc,moonraker where are u guys?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 7:54pm On Jan 25, 2011
Nice tread! please can anyone help me with CISCO IOC 7200, I wanna use it with GNS3, thanksĀ  life_style32@yahoo.com thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2011
Guys this tread is going down!!
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nicesoul(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2011
codeb:

Nateevs,nicesoul,toya Tc,moonraker where are u guys?

i hail una o. I'm so sorry i have been away for a while. What's pumpin? Have i missed anything in here?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2011
@lifystyle,

Just sent it now.Check ur mail box for it.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2011
@nicesoul,

Welcome back, nice to hear ur kicking. I guess the thread is coming back to life.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nicesoul(m): 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2011
@ codeb, yah am back but not fully. Together we can bring it back to life. Where is nateevs? does anyone here has his contact? I want to suggest we create an email group for members of this thread. What do you guys think?

codeb:

@nicesoul,

Welcome back, nice to hear your kicking. I guess the thread is coming back to life.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2011
@nicesoul,

nateevs appears mostly on sport section, saw his post this morning. I suggest we create an email group for the members of this thread for purely technical and problems resolution while this thread serves as forum for beginners and professionals.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
Thanks codeb, but it seems the download link is down,
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nicesoul(m): 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2011
codeb:

@nicesoul,

nateevs appears mostly on sport section, saw his post this morning. I suggest we create an email group for the members of this thread for purely technical and problems resolution while this thread serves as forum for beginners and professionals.

@codeb
i guess nateevs is an all rounder. Can we put the email thing into vote? Many people might go against dropping their details like email address & digits. Whats your take on this?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 9:09pm On Jan 27, 2011
Lets hear from others.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2011
codeb pls still waiting for another link for the IOC, I really need to do this. thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 11:48am On Jan 29, 2011
@lifestyle,

Check ur mail box, the ios file has been sent.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2011
@lifestyle,

have u seen it?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2011
@ codeb yes i have seen it but i cant still download it sad I dnt knw what to do now, I am really confused, Is there any other alternative? Thanks for you concern,
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 9:07am On Jan 31, 2011
take a good check on your system or link. There is nothing wrong with the file. i will suggest you try download the IOS from another system or link. Cheers.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 10:13am On Jan 31, 2011
I will get another system, thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nicesoul(m): 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2011
Where is everyone in here?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by mikkyphp(m): 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2011
Yeah, i'm all in for an email group. please guys this forum should be kept alive by you and i to ensure we sharpen ourselves and encourage aspiring professionals in this beautiful field of Cisco Networking.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nicesoul(m): 6:41am On Feb 10, 2011
mikkyphp:

Yeah, i'm all in for an email group. please guys this forum should be kept alive by you and i to ensure we sharpen ourselves and encourage aspiring professionals in this beautiful field of Cisco Networking.

@mikkyphp,

Thank you for your response. The email group is very possible if we want to. My email/phone no are: laticares@yahoo.com/08057579774/08024449886.
Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.