Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45877 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:18am On Feb 10, 2011
l am offering the cheapest and most effective system browsing price in terms of indian web proxy which enables you to download whatever!
u need to download with 18G every month
the price is affordable (N2,000)
PM ME or call 08036619224,08091790616
, this means u can update ur anti virus,chat 24/7
yahoo messenger,Gmail,yahoo,facebook,download unlimited!!!!!!!!!!
18G! 4 just N2000
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nicesoul(m): 8:25am On Feb 10, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

l am offering the cheapest and most effective system browsing price in terms of indian web proxy which enables you to download whatever!
u need to download with 18G every month
the price is affordable (N2,000)
PM ME or call 08036619224,08091790616
, this means u can update your anti virus,chat 24/7
yahoo messenger,Gmail,yahoo,facebook,download unlimited!!!!!!!!!!
18G! 4 just N2000

I guess you missed your way. Moderator!!!
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by mikkyphp(m): 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2011
Hey nicesoul, i've sent u an email.

so how du you think we could have a meeting of minds and have like probably an online discussion group on cisco topics, jobs in d industry and general stuff.
we'd begin by introducing ourselves and give details of our job/work descriptions. so we all have a sense of brotherhood.

i really hope this works.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2011
@nicesoul,

we are waiting.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nicesoul(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2011
codeb:

@nicesoul,

we are waiting.

Let get started.

mikkyphp:

Hey nicesoul, i've sent u an email.

so how du you think we could have a meeting of minds and have like probably an online discussion group on cisco topics, jobs in d industry and general stuff.
we'd begin by introducing ourselves and give details of our job/work descriptions. so we all have a sense of brotherhood.

i really hope this works.

@millyphp
I got your email. Am sorry i havent reply in a while. Yes, i have BB. I will send my PIN to your email. I hope and pray this works.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bukkytroni: 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2011
Greetings to everyone on the forum

Please I need to write CCNA asap, have about 2 years hands on experience,

Can anyone please send me materials that address CISCO's uptodate curriculum and packet tracer for practice

please to bukkytronicsatyahoodotcom

Thank you all for your contribution to us aspiring professionals
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2011
Hi guys, we can kick start this thread with troubleshooting problems(cisco based networks) and also those who wish to know a thing or two about resolving lab work.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2011
bukkytroni:

Greetings to everyone on the forum

Please I need to write CCNA asap, have about 2 years hands on experience,

Can anyone please send me materials that address CISCO's uptodate curriculum and packet tracer for practice

please to bukkytronicsatyahoodotcom

Thank you all for your contribution to us aspiring professionals

Kindly go to http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/index.html for full info.

And I will suggest GNS3 for your simulations, sometimes I refer to it as emulator--- combines good graphics and CLI platform using Dynagens and Dynamips GUI.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bukkytroni: 10:18am On Mar 04, 2011
@codeb
Please how do I get GNS3
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bigsage: 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2011
pls. i av a project at hand. it involve data access all over nigeria and i don't want to use a wimax because it will be too expensive to start installation of tower/mast in every point in the nation. what do u think is the best possible solution?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2011
@bukkytroni,

will send the url to ur mailbox.

@bigsage,

what is the scope of ur data access design---a centralized service points being accessed from locations or a distributed services.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2011
@bukkytronic,

Check ur mail box for the url. I attached GNS3 user guide for you.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bigsage: 10:27am On Mar 07, 2011
a centralized service points, i want to be able to collect data from different zone and be able to send data to those zone from a centralized location.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 12:31pm On Mar 08, 2011
VPN with point-to-multipoint should do you fine and its cheaper than deploying a full leased line.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by olugalaxy(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2011
codeb:

@bukkytronic,

Check your mail box for the url. I attached GNS3 user guide for you.

Hi Codeb,

Pls, kindly send me GNS3 for stimulation. Im preparing for my CCNA exam.

Tanx Bros.

My e-mail:olu_galaxy@rocketmail.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by mikkyphp(m): 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2011
@codeb and aspiring CCNA test takers, I think @ the CCNA level, packet tracer should be used. introducing GNS3 at this level will cause undue stress as they'd have to battle with downloading individual cisco IOSes for each router model and don't forget the inability of GNS3 to emulate catalyst switches - i ktnow there's a work-around but i don't think it's worth it at this level.
i used packet tracer and even routersim and they were both very intuitive supporting all the commands required at the ccna level.
My 2cents
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lanre88(m): 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2011
Hello professionals. Please i need your advice on what to do. I really want to learn CCNA as my professional attainment. But am not sure how to go about it maybe to approach any of these IT institutes or maybe i could do the reading on my own and face the exam.
I need to point out that am a fast learner too so i need an advise on how to get started.
Thanks.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by mikkyphp(m): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2011
get materials and read on your own. i have materials - video tutorials + simulators. if u in lag, then we can work sth out
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lanre88(m): 7:29am On Apr 06, 2011
Bro am in lagos. Whc part of Lagos are you as am really interested in this.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by mikkyphp(m): 9:13am On Apr 06, 2011
click on my yahoo icon against my name to chat with me on YIM
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lanre88(m): 9:51am On Apr 06, 2011
didnt get that. I did not see any yahoo chat info about you.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2011
mikkyphp:

@codeb and aspiring CCNA test takers, I think @ the CCNA level, packet tracer should be used. introducing GNS3 at this level will cause undue stress as they'd have to battle with downloading individual cisco IOSes for each router model and don't forget the inability of GNS3 to emulate catalyst switches - i ktnow there's a work-around but i don't think it's worth it at this level.
i used packet tracer and even routersim and they were both very intuitive supporting all the commands required at the ccna level.
My 2cents

packet tracer is ok for beginners (CCNA) but am only stating the obvious that GNS3 is a better option when you dont have the devices on ground.

@lanre88,
get more study guides and lab will do you just fine
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lanre88(m): 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
@coded, bro where or how do i get valuable materials.

Am anxious to know this.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 8:12pm On Apr 06, 2011
@ Codeb Good to know you still respond to questions,  I have been able to setup my GNS3 and configure a router but i still need some explanations, pls i want you to explain how to use the following on my GNS3. PIX firewall, ASA firewall, Juniper Router, ATM bridge, ATM Switch, Frame relay switch, IDS, Qemu host, and cloud,  Pls how  can i make use of them,  Thanks

@ lanra8 I will advice you to register with a GOOD IT institute around, You cannot get everything urself, one of the benefit of registering with IT institute is that you will be exposed to live routers and switches you will also get good materials for your study. I am currently studying for my A+ and CCNA with NIIT,  It all depend on each individual B4 i registered for my A+ and CCNA i have been studying on my own and i can even configure a cisco router and switch with GNS3.
You will still need to register with a center to write your professional exam. self study is not adviceable. Good luck.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by idtoni: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2011
hi prof,I am IT student Looking for a place to experiment what I have learn.  please contact me idtony247@yahoo.com .
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lanre88(m): 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2011
@life_style, bro thanks for your candid advise. Talking abt NIIT,their price is always high compared to others. Like how much will that cost me if am to take both CCNA and A+?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2011
Bro, Quality education is not cheap, I paid 150 for my A+ and CCNA, installmental payment is also available. You can even apply for jobs with their cert if u are not ready for the CISCO certification. Their cert is valuable. I am sounding like one of their marketer but am not, I was given up-to-date study materials and i hv seen 3 live sisco routers and 3 switches though i have not work on it cos i am still on A+ If you are really ready to learn i will advice you to go sign up, I guess CCNA is 110K AND A+ 40k. you can also try other IT Institutes if think this is too expensive,
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lanre88(m): 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2011
Thanks bro
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 5:50am On Apr 08, 2011
@Lifestyle,

You need IOS images for Pix and ASA firewalls to be functional just like you uploaded IOS images for 3700,3600,7200 routers. The Juniper routers equally need Junos IOS to work.

The Frame-Relay,ATM switches and ATM bridges need normal configurations to work and do not use IOS images.
For instance the Frame-relay switches are used to assign frames to a specific PVC or SVC by mappig the DLCI.

For each instance of PVC in a point-to-point link connection you need an identifier and unique label to identify a frame from a source which is connecting to another.
That identifier is called DLCI - it is a mapping like process
So you map a port to a DLCI, and you could use a router in place of a Frame-relay switch if you know the right process or commands.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by k2k1947: 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
hi all.CCNA,CCNP
@in progrss: CCNA Security, CCNA Wireless, MCITP
time frame-8months, (life sucks)
next:IT jo
later:CCSP,CCWP,C++ or java(watever sha)
advise needed,
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by iambashiru: 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
this thread speaks alot about cisco certifications, and technologies when to be honest there aren't alot of jobs out there for cisco professionals in Nigeria,unless you re a ccie. I think we should enlighten each other on job  prospects and success stories IN NIGERIA for those who  are already certified to encourage others who spend a substantial amount of money on training only to join the long queue of applicants.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by k2k1947: 6:09am On Apr 09, 2011
True talk u yawn oooh.i also know that cos u hardly see jobs in networking like dat in Nigeria.but my brother,we suppose dey look at the big picture.
I myself almost quit(after CCNA) for programming if not for my friend but thank God am back on track.the irony of it is that this networking world na read read til u die.u go sha dey read ooh.most of us in naija here just do our CCNA and CCNP,then dats all, we ought to b moving ooh.imagine you are called to instal the networkin infrastructure for a company that must also av wireless and security.au do u solve it?
My advise is go for your CCNP,CCSP,CCWP.add a little of server to it(microsoft).
Me self just finished my CCNP,i just want to cover CCNA wireless,CCNA Security and MCITP b4 i finish service so i kan at least know a little about these technologies.if i move at dis pace,i should bag my CCSP and CCWP very soon wit the litle experience at work

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.