Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,183 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45868 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by raham4real(m): 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2009
hi guys
am new in this cisco stuff, just got myself registered for the training, plz i'l need ur assistance if i can get some free cisco materials online to aid my learning.
thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by tkalas: 12:40am On Jul 03, 2009
Practise Lab
----------------

This is for the newbies in the house. The objective is to be able to ping every interface using only static routes.

For people who haven't used a remote lab before, the diagram might look a little confusing. I will like the more experienced guys to explain it to who ever wants to know.

Lab will be available on a first come first serve basis from Monday 06/07 @ 8pm-12pm. Only one person will be able to use the lab during this time slot.

@na2day, nateev: I need your help to answer questions, look over configs and also develop mini labs on all technologies. The lab includes checkpoint, netscreen and pix firewalls.

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 7:47am On Jul 03, 2009
tkalas:

Practise Lab
----------------

This is for the newbies in the house. The objective is to be able to ping every interface using only static routes.

For people who haven't used a remote lab before, the diagram might look a little confusing. I will like the more experienced guys to explain it to who ever wants to know.

Lab will be available on a first come first serve basis from Monday 06/07 @ 8pm-12pm. Only one person will be able to use the lab during this time slot.

@na2day, nateev: I need your help to answer questions, look over configs and also develop mini labs on all technologies. The lab includes checkpoint, netscreen and pix firewalls.

nice! hope the beginners wont get confused on ur class of IP and the SM, u probably should explain the diag to them ooo.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2009
poisonalex:

Hello guys,
I have to share this great news with everyone. i am officially CCNP CERTIFIED.

@tkalas i will be sending you a mail soonest. its CCSP track time.

congrats girl. CCSP, u sure know the future i tell ya wink wink
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by pafegs(m): 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2009
Nice thread here. Can someone tell me what relevence CISCO has with web programming. I am a web developer, any advantage?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
pafegs:

Nice thread here. Can someone tell me what relevance CISCO has with web programming. I am a web developer, any advantage?

web programming deals with scripting or writing of apps for either server side or client side as it regards to the web (java, javascript, cgi, perl, python, ASP, coldfusion etc), cisco focuses on efficient movement of packets from one network to another or within it self (frames). cisco does have some scripting and some admins also configure their devices using a web-based interface which make their lines cross but they are totally different subset of the information technology field
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by pafegs(m): 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2009
Thanks. I believe you are indicating a relevance in this two if i am interested in cisco. right?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2009
pafegs:

Thanks. I believe you are indicating a relevance in this two if i am interested in cisco. right?

all i am saying is, it is a different world from where u come from. the fact u have web programming experince don't give much of an advantage is designing a network or optimizing traffic flow or any thing related
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by v1fran(m): 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2009
pls need help on latest cisco ccna exam dumbs for 640-820 anyone plese?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by femzy(m): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2009
v1fran:

pls need help on latest cisco ccna exam dumbs for 640-820 anyone plese?
640-802
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by ola4yinka(m): 10:21pm On Jul 08, 2009
Am realy happy seeing this topic about cisco and i'll be so glad if any could help. I want full details on ccna, what to read, what to practise with, what to do, what to learn, where to go, infact anything to give me a starting point. Pls help on this and also will appreciate any form of assistance. bildris@yahoo.com that's my email, waiting to read from all of u soon. Thanx
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2009
Does anybody know anything about user-models 13 and 29
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2009
Wow!

It's nice to know a thread I created a few weeks ago has generated this many professionals. This is very heart-warming. I have been away for a long time trying to find some time to write exams. It hasn't happened yet but it will. 

@poisonalex

Congrats. . . Hope you get through with your CCSP.

@tklas

Great to have you on here. You are one of the reasons this thread was created. To attract very qualified Cisco professional tht help solve problems.
My knowledge on Checkpoint and Netscreen is only in the developing stage. . but I will help where I can.
The thread is all about learning anyway.

This is great.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 10:25am On Jul 14, 2009
@nateevs welcome back. can you assist me on how to the commands to enable telnet on cisco 2800 series router
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2009
blesseb2k:

@nateevs welcome back. can you assist me on how to the commands to enable telnet on cisco 2800 series router

dude, can u ever use google? u r a tech for crying out loud! angry angry angry angry
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 11:32pm On Jul 15, 2009
na2day?:

dude, can u ever use google? u r a tech for crying out loud! angry angry angry angry
Thanks i thinks i got what i want.

I have come to notice that most ISPs lock their iDirect Modems to prevent them being used by other ISPs. I have one that i ve been trying to unlock for sometime now can anyone or @na2day u in particular help out, people have named it as impossible that only the ISP or iDirect themselves can unlock this modem. is their anyone in thsi forum that can unlock an iDirect Modem.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2009
blesseb2k:

Thanks i thinks i got what i want.

I have come to notice that most ISPs lock their iDirect Modems to prevent them being used by other ISPs. I have one that i ve been trying to unlock for sometime now can anyone or @na2day u in particular help out, people have named it as impossible that only the ISP or iDirect themselves can unlock this modem. is their anyone in thsi forum that can unlock an iDirect Modem.

number one, take the word impossible out of ur IT dictionary, two, do some extensive research urself, three, let us know what u have found out and where u are, four, when i have a little time off, i will look for a solution to it but i have to know that u are doing something urself not just sitting on ur love sit and waiting for me to reply u, i am not ur house boy.

FYI: there is no such thing as an unhackable modem, worse case scenario, we will flash the rom of the modem and install a linux derivative and that should work, ppl do that on linksys routers and modems all the time, so the truth is out there, we will get it. plz provide the modem model number
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 12:08am On Jul 16, 2009
The time has past where i ll start exchaning words with you i am in for serious business.
this is what i have done so far

i have tried reloading a new image and option file
but this did not change the rlock status of the idirect modem. from my recent research on line there is one DID password i need from the ISP or iDirect themselves. forsure i cant get it from the ISp neither would iDirect give it to me. so i need to use a backyard means to get the modem open and thats where the saga lies

i have been doing research on how i can flash the firmware of the modem and reload another onebut i cant seem to get anyinfo online. i have tried so far and i am not relenting cos i know there is a way cos their is always a way.

the modem serial number is 058707 model 3100
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 11:27am On Aug 14, 2009
Hey what happened to everyone?

I have a problem I need solving. I am trying to simulate multicast traffic in a lab. I want to see first hand how PIM Sparse and Dense mode works with a load of routers and L3 switches I got.  Is there anyone that has tried this ? I have searched endlessly. Can't find anything. . .
Anyone?
Thanks.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by poisonalex(f): 10:17am On Aug 17, 2009
@ Nateevs, Hi, thanks for starting this forum for us cisco professionals. Have you tried cisco.com for case studies for what you want to practice? i tried using gns3 to practice it, only it didnt come out right, but i have the case study scenerio i used http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ciscoitatwork/network_systems/enterprise_ip_multicast_web.html. Try that i got it from cisco.com.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by delwu(m): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2009
please can anyone help me with ccsp books i really need it. thanks. weldone nateevs
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
Where are the Cisco people?

Please come out of your hiding places and make this place lively. Is there no one working on labs? Someone must have a problem.

Bring your problems and let's solve them together.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 4:53am On Dec 25, 2009
Merry Christmas to Cisco Engineers.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by DoubleN(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2009
Merry to you Bruv!!Seriously going to pursue and finish my CCSP this coming 2010.May God help us all!!
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 4:15am On Dec 26, 2009
Double N:

Merry to you Bruv!!Seriously going to pursue and finish my CCSP this coming 2010.May God help us all!!

are u reading on ur own or going to school for it? what kinda lab do u have setup.

@ all

does any1 have a valid link for packet trace 5.1 fro mac? plz i am not looking for GN3 unless u can readily point me to some IOS without me digging for it.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by DoubleN(m): 7:25am On Dec 26, 2009
na2day?:

are u reading on your own or going to school for it? what kinda lab do u have setup.

@ all

does any1 have a valid link for packet trace 5.1 fro mac? plz i am not looking for GN3 unless u can readily point me to some IOS without me digging for it.

I'm actually doing a self study with GNS3 and a couple of Router Images and an SDM image.Trying to lay my hands on a PIX image also.I have already done my Cisco SND exam.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Koolwilly(m): 10:10pm On Dec 26, 2009
Merry xmas to all CISCo Profs in the house, Hope to write my CCna Exams COme 2010. Have to start practicing my dorms
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 1:40am On Dec 27, 2009
na2day?:

Packet tracer will only suffice for CCNA as far as I know.
You will still need to use gns at some point. CCNP, CCVP or CCSP.

Why not just go for gns once and for all.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 8:15am On Dec 27, 2009
nateevs:

Packet tracer will only suffice for CCNA as far as I know.
You will still need to use gns at some point. CCNP, CCVP or CCSP.

Why not just go for gns once and for all.

Most of my time is spent at work and the little time i have left on my hands i try to relax and get steam off me, so i havent been able to do indepth searches for IOSs. the two I found ended up crashing GN3 and i got tired of it, so unless u can easily tell me where to find IOSs i will use packet tracer still i finally invest on my home lab

Double N:

I'm actually doing a self study with GNS3 and a couple of Router Images and an SDM image.Trying to lay my hands on a PIX image also.I have already done my Cisco SND exam.

can u be kind enough to share ur IOSs and any lab u have?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2009
na2day?:

Most of my time is spent at work and the little time i have left on my hands i try to relax and get steam off me, so i havent been able to do indepth searches for  IOSs. the two I found ended up crashing GN3 and i got tired of it, so unless u can easily tell me where to find IOSs i will use packet tracer still i finally invest on my home lab

can u be kind enough to share your IOSs and any lab u have?

I understand that not everyone has got the time. I can share my labs with you definitely. Send me your email for further things.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 8:14am On Dec 28, 2009
nateevs:

I understand that not everyone has got the time. I can share my labs with you definitely. Send me your email for further things.

iight, decyberworld@yahoo.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by clintonty(m): 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
please can someone mention the CCNA training centres in lagos and their training fee? Together with the current CCNA exam fee. Thanks and Compliments.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.