Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45869 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
PT3.

Now clear the config on the router and configure SSH on it this way.
Remember to reconfigure the Ethernet Interfaces as well.

Router#conf t
Router(config)#username admin password cisco
Router(config)#ip domain-name nateevs.com
Router(config)#crypto key genrate key rsa

You should see this output on your router. . .

The name for the keys will be: R1.nateevs.com
Choose the size of the key modulus in the range of 360 to 2048 for your
General Purpose Keys. Choosing a key modulus greater than 512 may take
a few minutes.

How many bits in the modulus [512]: 512
% Generating 512 bit RSA keys, keys will be non-exportable, [OK]

*Mar 18 14:09:19.401: %SSH-5-ENABLED: SSH 1.99 has been enabled

It is also good practise to configure ssh authentication retries and time out on the router

Router(config)#ip ssh authentication retries 3
Router(config)#ip ssh timeout 60

Next is to configure the vyt lines to accept only SSH this way:

Router(config)#line vty 0 15
Router(config-line)#transport input ssh
Router(config-line)#login local

We are good to go. Now on your pc, try to telnet into the router again. This is what you should see.

C:\Documents and Settings\Nateevs>telnet 192.168.1.1
Connecting To 192.168.1.1, Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connection failed

The router no longer allows communication on TCP port 23 (Telnet). You can only now SSH into the router. To do that, you need to download and install an SSH client software like Putty or Tera term. Enter the IP address of the router. You will be prompted to authenticate. Enter username and password configured.

Launch Wireshark. Click on and analyse packet transfer from source to destination on TCP port. See attached doc. You should see that the packet is encrypted.

That's SSH in a nut shell. Read up on some more and it's straight forward.

If you have any problems executing any of the above tasks just post here.

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sayso: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
guys can anyone send me a free download link for ccnp video tutorial,pls send to anuliok@yahoo.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
PT3.

Router#conf t

a few minutes.

It is also good practise to configure ssh authentication retries and time out on the router

We are good to go. Now on your pc, try to telnet into the router again. This is what you should see.

Connecting To 192.168.1.1, Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connection failed

The router no longer allows communication on TCP port 23 (Telnet). You can only now SSH into the router. To do that, you need to download and install an SSH client software like Putty or Tera term. Enter the IP address of the router. You will be prompted to authenticate. Enter username and password configured.

Launch Wireshark. Click on and analyse packet transfer from source to destination on TCP port. See attached doc. You should see that the packet is encrypted.

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sayso: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Poisonalex congrats for your CCNP certification,check you mail from rci_ify@yahoo.com,pls if you can handle what I ask,I will be glad.waiting for you reply.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 11:13am On Feb 19, 2010
PT3.

Router#conf t

a few minutes.

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2010
I am trying to post Part 3 of the Lab scenario. The spam-bot on the site will not allow me do it.
So I attach it as a word doc. So anyone who wants it can download it and use.

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 11:53am On Feb 19, 2010
PT3.

Router#conf t

a few minutes.

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by yemi221(m): 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2010
@ nateevs tanx 4 d explanation.what of SDM
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by yemi221(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2010
am trying to bring up 2 diff network, and i want them to communicate to each other using packet tracer.after configuration.i cld not ping the add of d 1st network 4rm d 2nd network.but type no shut down.i used rip 4 d network.what do u tink went worng.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 3:06am On Feb 22, 2010
yemi 22:

@ nateevs tanx 4 d explanation.what of SDM

I'm sorry. I should have done a round up of SDM. I will do something when I find a few minutes.
About your routing problem, could post the config you have on both routers? It will give a clearer picture of where to troubleshoot.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sayso: 7:46am On Feb 22, 2010
@yemi 22,type show run and post what you have in your running config,from their the experts will see what went wrong.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by yemi221(m): 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2010
for router 1

fuad#show run
Building configuration,

Current configuration : 604 bytes
!
version 12.2
no service timestamps log datetime msec
no service timestamps debug datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname fuad
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
ip name-server 0.0.0.0
!

fuad#show run
Building configuration,

Current configuration : 604 bytes
!
version 12.2
!
hostname fuad
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
ip name-server 0.0.0.0
!
!
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
ip address 170.150.2.1 255.255.0.0
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface Serial0/0
description connection ope
ip address 192.160.2.1 255.255.255.252
!
interface Serial0/1
no ip address
shutdown
!
router rip
version 2
network 170.150.0.0
network 192.160.2.0
!
ip classless
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
line con 0
password olokunola
line vty 0 4
password olokunola
login
!
!
!
end

FOR ROUTER 2

ope>EN
ope#show run
Building configuration,

Current configuration : 563 bytes
!
version 12.2
!
hostname ope
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
ip name-server 0.0.0.0
!
!
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
ip address 150.70.2.1 255.255.0.0
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface Serial0/0
ip address 192.160.2.2 255.255.255.252
!
interface Serial0/1
no ip address
!
router rip
version 2
network 150.70.0.0
network 192.160.2.0
!
ip classless
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
line con 0
password olokunola
line vty 0 4
password olokunola
login
!
!
!
end
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sayso: 8:44am On Feb 24, 2010
guys this thread is slow,I do not think this is the reason behind starting this thread.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by DL(m): 8:38am On Feb 25, 2010
sayso:

guys this thread is slow,I do not think this is the reason behind starting this thread.
I think the thread's still on track.

Hi guys, just joining in.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by macomrades(m): 9:48am On Feb 27, 2010
Hi guys. I think i've found my home in this thread. Let me know if you need any help on networking how-tos, or more specific things like ios, protocols, acl,etc. I prefer hands-on learning to cramming dumps and only knowing it on paper. Thanks to you nateevs for starting this,
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sayso: 11:13am On Mar 01, 2010
@yemi 22,I will check through ur config,but for now try inputing clocking between the two routers.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by yemi221(m): 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2010
@ sayso.tnx i was able 2 connect it.it was due 2 d clocking.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by poisonalex(f): 4:41pm On Mar 04, 2010
Hello People,

Please can someone tell me where all the ladies are? Come on girls, networking is fun.

@Yemi, clocking was what caused it.

@nateevs, so u finally appeared.

@Whitehorse, its nice to have you onboard.

@na2day, please go easy on that mail server dude.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Harzan(m): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
Juust wrote and pass my ccna exam yesterday. So, guys i wanna know wats up wit ccnap.
Thumps up to u all.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by poisonalex(f): 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2010
@Harzan, Congrats. Its good to have another cisco prof here.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by DoubleN(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
Good to see this thread is still alive. grin
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by yemi221(m): 8:01pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ evryone i need steps in bulding a sever and the connection to the router or switch.
@ nateev, poinsonalex and sayso tanx
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 3:54pm On May 29, 2010
hello cisco proffs, e don tay i come here. anyway am new to VPN and i need serious help.
I have been commissioned to set up an intranet and vpn for aclient with 3 regional offices , to incorporate voip , file sharing , print sharing etc
Current head office has 4 servers namely mail server , i file server , backup server and proxy server, the email server is linux 7.2, file sever windows 2000 server , backup server windows 2000 professional, and proxy server linux 7.2 , the other office has a proxy server on linux , and the other no server but a cisco router , also the hq has a cisco router and asmi 51 modem for lease line for the proxy server and the mail server is connected via another isp through cable , all in all there are 2 isp serving the client 1 for email and internet and another for wan connectivity. Now the main requirement is to set the wan in search a way that everybody gets his mail from centralised mail server , can share files and also the phone system can be integraded to use VOIP. Please advice as i have to give the cost , hardware upgrade requirements, than set the vpn , and the intranet , the client user leve in total is 110 users.
Any support would be well appreciated.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by moonraker(m): 4:49am On May 30, 2010
yemi 22

what server do u intend to build and what are u going to be using the server for??

to eliminate the stress of actually building yurs, i suggest that u go oem on this one, brand names like hp, cisco comes to mind,

this is on the hardware front, you also need to make sure that the hard drives in the server are in Raid settings 0 and 1 respectively,

0 setting meaning faster read times and 1 setting meaning data integrity. i could go on and on. just be ready to spend money,
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2010
I don't think he is asking for the server side of things.
I think he is trying to set-up a WAN with centralized management and access of resources across 3 regional offices.

110 Users will be quite demanding. Think about having a cyber cafe with 110 pcs and all of them sending and receiving traffic all at the same time.
Things can get pretty ugly in time. Add VOIP to that and if you have not carefully planned it, you could be looking like you don't know anything when you are done.

Therefore the first thing you should consider is how much bandwidth you think is going to be consumed at peak periods.
And remember well, total bandwidth must not exceed 75% of bandwidth available. And remember it's your upload speed that matters. Not download.
And never forget . . QOS is your friend here.

You then need to establish what technology is being implemented on the WAN. (Frame-relay, MPLS)
Are the 3 regional offices connected on the WAN? Are they on common ISP?

If two of the offices do not have WAN connections, the only way is to connect all three sites over the internet using VPN.
My favourite is gre over ipsec. Also seeing that you have three sites, you are looking at a hub and spoke set-up.
Are your branch offices offered static IP addresses or Dynamic addresses?
With static you can peer all sites statically . . . With dynamic, you want to research into DMVPNs.

The technology you choose to implement across is what will determine what kind of devices you use. (Also the cash the client has available - These things are not cheap).
Cisco ISRs is what you need at your branch offices regardless of technology deployed.

So many things to consider. These are what I can bring out form the top of my head now.
Let's take it from here. . .
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2010
Edited: Duplicate post caused by spam bot.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by adesodiq(m): 11:58am On Jun 08, 2010
This is really a nice thread. we need forums like this to help one another.

am thru with CCNA and will be taking a module of the CCNP soon

but guys networking is not all about cisco alone.
i would love to know if anyone has tried MIKROTIK technology also,
cos where i work we use mikrotik and i discover it is easier and better to work with than cisco.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by akyn(m): 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2010
This is really a nice thread. we need forums like this to help one another.

am thru with CCNA and will be taking a module of the CCNP soon

but guys networking is not all about cisco alone.
i would love to know if anyone has tried MIKROTIK technology also,
cos where i work we use mikrotik and i discover it is easier and better to work with than cisco.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2010
That's why I named the thread "Cisco Thread" . . We can't possibly cover everything networking in one thread. It'll be a big mess.

I could agree that the devices you use are easier and cheaper to deploy than Cisco . . . but I cannot agree they are better.
Until you tell how many Cisco products you've deployed and managed in a production network, you can't use the phrase "better than Cisco" . . .

We have Juniper, Novell as big players and competitors to Cisco in Networking and an array of others.
I personally deploy Wireless Technology for clients using Colubris Equipment across the board but only because it's cheaper.

Every vendor claims to be easier and better than Cisco. . . the truth is Cisco do things well.
When you want to deploy "Unified Communications". . . Cisco is the way.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by silversol: 2:54am On Jun 09, 2010
I am a newcomer in the field of networking.My desire to become a CISCO expert made me go out in search of a CISCO academy(meridian technologies=APTECH) and I was lucky to find one close to where I live.The training is expected to last for four months.I am a little bit confused,I am not sure if four months is enough to really tutor me on all the topic areas of CCNA(640-802).I would like to get your expert opinion on this issue.Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.