Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,026 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45880 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2011
Hey guys. I see a lot of guys are making things happen around here.
We need to take this place to a new level.

NiceSoul, Codeb, thanks for holding this place down.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lxgtek: 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
@bigsage

I think i should be able to help u on ur project. Can we chat when u are chance gbemiga_t@yahoo.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by iambashiru: 8:02pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ k2k. I don't mean to be rude but don't be a paper tiger. I am cisco (r and s) and mcts (active directory and network infrastructure) and believe me the course content is wide enough. if you come to me and i interview you will you be able to defend all those certs ? its better to know more then your qualifications then to know less. I have the listed above but that doesn't mean i don't know wimax, security etc, its just not my area of expertise. if you're a ccnp and we start talking about the difference between type 3 and type 4 lsa or the difference between vtp pruning and vtp allowed or in microsoft the difference between pptp l2tp and sstp or how to do vpn using ipsec over gre with cisco or doing a remote access with microsoft, these are technical interview questions that you should be able to answer. you see my brother take it easy with gathering certs, the employers know there are dumps out there.  one luv
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Nateevs,

Welcome back to the thread, we sure need your inputs.

Guys, lets not make this thread a cert competition, this is Cisco spot. Getting certified alone is not what networking is all about;we should be discussing discoveries and processes in the new age cisco networks.
I am not trying to discourage writing certification examinations, we should be moving from the era of writing exams to developing new innovations in cisco field.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by codeb(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
@life_style,

so hw did it go with Frame-relay switch configuration using DLCI with ports?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Whitehorse: 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
Guys,

For all those preparing for certifications, if you are good in self study, i'll advise you go for that method, but if you study better in a group, and have the money then go for those training courses.

In my experience, self study works very well for me. You need to know that a few weeks or months of a training program wont make you a Cisco expert, it takes time, lots of hours spent on self study AND hands on practise either at work on home lab for you to get really good. Most of the stuff i learnt, i learnt by self study, plus experience AND passion to learn. I'm a network engineer in the Oil and Gas industry based in the UK.

So, to help your self study, try the following links

http://www.blindhog.net/     -> video tutorials on all sorts of topics
http://7200emu.hacki.at/      -> devoted to dynamips
http://www.careercert.info/   --> u can get pdf books and video there, forget the dumps, wont help you.

If u need any clarification or more info, give me a shout.

cheers

1 Like

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 11:58pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ Codeb thanks but I have not really make any progress, I will need a guild to carry out the task. It is confusing.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Whitehorse: 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2011
Life_Style,

What are you trying to co? I'm sure u posted it previuosly,
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 7:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
@ Whitehorse, I am trying to establish a virtual network on GNS3, I have IOS image for c7200, i have been able to configure my router but I want to add Qemu host so as to establish a connection, PIX firewall to secure the network.

I will also like to know why I need to add ATM Bridge and ATM Switch to my network. And finally how do i configure  frame relay properly? I am having problem doing it. Thanks.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by segunobalo: 1:34am On Apr 23, 2011
Thanks 4 ur posts,am segun an electrical engr. studnt whose ambitn ws t learn sme of this programme,cn u pls enlight m a bit abt dis programme als der are many centers.Though i based in lagos,cn u tel m whr u did ur training and did they taught u practicals,tanx lukin 4ward t ur msg.Ow is service?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lxgtek: 10:08am On Apr 24, 2011
karRox allen avenue ikeja
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by k2k1947: 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2011
@iambashiru::u are right about that but i dont do cram sessions ooh, i ddey read this things well, and am ready for your tests if u gonna employ mii, curently servin in the north, dats why i have time to brush up the ccna security(it just focuses on sdm mainly) and ccna wireless(i neva start dat sha).moreova i have done my ccnp so the terms are not new to me,
The only problem i wld have wld b with the mcitp, i believe its possible sha, we are network admin/engineer, we need to know lots and i intend dedicating the next 5years to this seriously, i wld like to chat wit u in person(guess you are workin) so you can help mi with some questions, my mail is k2k1947@yahoo.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by salihuali1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2011
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by freeman201: 4:31am On Jul 10, 2011
To my little understanding, CISCO focuses on the OSI model, if you are understand how this model works and knowing that the INTERNET TECH uses 4 of the OSI and the others embeded into it, understand IP addresses and sub netin and how to configure routers you are good to go,

hop you all know that Router works on the network levels, if yes I think we should think of a way to have a network that we can communicate with as CCNA and CCNP professionals

thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by realvenc: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2011
We have a Networking Project in PH and we need a professional who can network and configure these devices in an Office

WS-C2960-24TC-L Catalyst 2960 24 10/100 + 2T/SFP LAN Base Image 1

CISCO2911/K9 Cisco 2911 w/3 GE,4 EHWIC,2 DSP,1 SM,256MB CF,512MB DRAM,IPB 1

SF 100D-08 Cisco Small Business 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch with Qos 1

An ISP Radio Equipment

22 work station Points

One central Printer

Pls can some1 confirm if the three cisco devices are compatible on a network

Pls if you are interested reach me ASAP 08067813695
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by iambashiru: 10:11am On Nov 11, 2011
hi house, @ k2k how is it coming along? @ lifestyle i have a number of labs for different technologies (ospf eigrp frame-relay etc) if you're interested you can send me a mail then we can hook up and i will put you through, my email is isailaway@yahoo.com. if there's anyone out there planning on writing his/her ccie rs lab pretty soon and you need a study partner you can also hook me up. thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by iambashiru: 11:37am On Nov 11, 2011
isailaway29@yahoo.com or text me 08181982152
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lynkyinka(m): 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2011
I'm so glad to find this thread especially at this point in time cos I plan to write my CCNA exam sometime in november
even though I've done the training and understand it to a quite an extent, I find it difficult studying the big textbook but when it comes to configuration, i wouldnt rest until, I'm through, anyone's got a tip/advice or anything?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
lynkyinka:

I'm so glad to find this thread especially at this point in time cos I plan to write my CCNA exam sometime in november
even though I've done the training and understand it to a quite an extent, I find it difficult studying the big textbook but when it comes to configuration, i wouldnt rest until, I'm through, anyone's got a tip/advice or anything?

what do you need ?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lynkyinka(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2011
I need dumps, latest?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lifestyle1(m): 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2011
send me a mail title ccna dumps

life_style32@yahoo.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by greenhope(m): 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2011
Great Initiative, Keep it up. I will drop my own quota soon
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2011
@lynkyinka, I'll advise against the use of dumps to study for the exam, rather go with training videos and tutorial videos that abound everwhere.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lynkyinka(m): 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2011
I went to make inquiries about the exams, and I was told its 46,000 naira,
please, Is that the cheapest I can get?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by dot1x: 8:42am On Nov 30, 2011
Guys,

Please i need the CCNP Security complete module video lectures (CBT nuggets preferably).

Thanks.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by boneruns(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
I am indeed glad on this topic. I am currently undergoing a CCNA training with New Horizon. I just started the training. I really will need softwares(like a lab i can install on my computer) that I can practise with after each studying. My email is gnwaofor@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Taiw(m): 6:46am On Dec 03, 2011
i'll like to commend everyone 4 their positive impacts on this thread.pls i've been learning ccna on my own 4 months now but the problem i have now is access to dumps,books and so on.i'll be grateful if anyone send it to me by mail[email]telltboyz@yahoo.com[/email]i use packet tracer 5.1,is there a recent version of it?including 3.22 version.i'll grateful if u can mail me all dis or give me a download link.i'm also planning to go for the exams soon,how much is d exam and where can i write it?please where can i get a fairly used cisco router cos i dont ave any practical experience on routing n ow much does it cost.lastly is there any company i can work with in Nigeria to pratice my networking skills even if i'm not paid.just to learn more www.funnyfindings..com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Loggix: 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2011
@realvenc
We have a Networking Project in PH and we need a professional who can network and configure these devices in an Office

WS-C2960-24TC-L Catalyst 2960 24 10/100 + 2T/SFP LAN Base Image 1

CISCO2911/K9 Cisco 2911 w/3 GE,4 EHWIC,2 DSP,1 SM,256MB CF,512MB DRAM,IPB 1

SF 100D-08 Cisco Small Business 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch with Qos 1

An ISP Radio Equipment

22 work station Points

One central Printer

Pls can some1 confirm if the three cisco devices are compatible on a network

Pls if you are interested reach me ASAP 08067813695

Sorry if this is coming to you late, but yes, the Cat2900 Switch, the Small Business Switch and C2900 Router are fine on your Network. If you still desire assistance with Design and Implementation, I can assist your Enterprise, but please be advised that I am a US based Cisco Network design and Implementation Engineer. Most of my work is done Overseas (outside the US) remotely, but have not done much work in Nigeria, as my Client does not have a Site there yet. Wishing you the best with your Implementation and cut-over, you have selected excellent products.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by dot1x: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2011
Hi,
With regards to your query, I think I can help you out, but I would need more details so I would like a phone (08082830086) conversation or IM juniorpsalm@yahoo.com.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Harzan(m): 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2011
Hi guyz, its real cool to be here, AM a CCNP wanna be, done with Switching, route & Tshoot to go, Pls lets relate and keep d flag flyin!
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by dot1x: 10:25am On Dec 20, 2011
Hi Loggix,

We spoke on phone concerning the Cisco devices. I am still expecting the mail as discussed.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.