Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45838 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2009
I have been away for a while. What happened to everyone on the thread? Guys get out of your hiding places and make some contribution.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by amarilo: 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2009
@nateev

pls do Gns3 and Packet tracer do the samething(Building and config Topology). Am new in Networking stuff.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Toyatc: 12:12am On Mar 27, 2009
Hello nateev and all my Cisco people in the house, it has really been a long while that i was in this our thread and i've actually missed a lot .I've been occupied with a lot of things.

@nateev,
Good job u're doing keeping up with this thread. Well, for the Dynamips, i only went through the 1st vedio once sometime ago and i'm yet to get half of the jist. I'll just go through it again and i'm sure i'll grab the koko(i hope u're not saying "which kian dundy be this wey no fit get simple dynamips at once).But i must say that i liked what i saw, i was particularly excited when you ran the routers.

@soulamanne

Bros, i envy you oo having a place for practical experience. i attended cisco academy thinking that i would get pracatical, BALDERDASH. It was all theory. I've been searching for a place for internship before i'll go for my NYSC in August, but this place i live (waffi) is just messed up, It opportunity =almost 0. I need the experience badly not money now cuz networking is all i want to do.

@brianromel,
NO! everybody is not after certification. Though there are some paper crazy nigerians (you know nigeria mentality now) that are after that, but you don't have to generalize. You can see that the crops of people in this thread are not the cert crazy type.

@House
I may not have contributed or been able to answer anybody’s question, but I will not hold back my appreciation, I’ve actually learnt some things from you people. Thanks for sharing!
Keep speaking the language that connects the whole world!
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by visitor30(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2009
@House,
i know its been quite a longtime. i've been veri busy at the office tryin to tidy up sometins. However, i've got som issues wit my Dynagen & GNS3 setup. everything is running very fine,except i cannot telnet/console on to the routers in my sample lab, attached is the error message i got when i try to telnet/console to the router.

@Toya_tc,
I know how u feel when u wanna do somtin nad u're limited by environmental factors. I tink my colleagues in our warri office, went for a course somwer in warri der, for a cisco ccna training wit hands on lab training. i will get in touch with them and get the name of the training center for you.
But if we can get this Dynagen thing rite, its worth more than any training one can get, believe you me.

@Nateev,
wats up man, can u take a look at the attached error i got in tryin to run telnet on my Dynagen, will sure appreciate any solution.
Another problem scenario am lookin at is, how do u add a host/pc to you dynagen or are u going to use virtual pc or ur local system as ur host. and how do u do same with GNS3?

Thanks to all of you!!!!

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Toyatc: 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2009
@visitor30,

Thanks man for wanting to help. But like i said, i already went for the training. i did that at Afrihub Cisco Networking Academy. Right now, i know so much, but they are all theory and all my configurations are in packet tracer.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by visitor30(m): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
Toya_tc:

@visitor30,

Thanks man for wanting to help. But like i said, i already went for the training. i did that at Afrihub Cisco Networking Academy. Right now, i know so much, but they are all theory and all my configurations are in packet tracer.

Well, since you've got ur configs in packet tracer, its still d samething, though a lot of folks say this GNS3/Dynagen/Dynamips is better. me think d bottom line is for wan to know the basics, which i think you have from the cisco academy. am still tryin ma hands on the GNS3/Dynagen/Dynamips thing.
i was able to get past the error i posted earlier on, but right now the only limitation am having is that ma system is a 1GB Ram. so am looking for an upgrade anytime soon.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2009
@Visitor30.

I am sorry for not responding to the issues you had. I have been away for a long long time. I did not get the problem you had though. I am glad you solved it nevertheless.

However, could you post your problem in text and provide the solution on the forum for future references? I think people will benefit from it.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by xsay(m): 11:56am On Apr 13, 2009
It beaks my heart to see you guys being ripped off by these companies.

For anyone interested in CISCO certification I would recommend self study but you will have to be dedicated and disciplined.

Get some free Study ebook from www.ciscostudyguide.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nonoy: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2009
TaNX U'ALL 4 D WONDERFUL JOB UR DOING. Pls i 1t 2 knw if there's a CISCO academy in gombe state where i can take d exaw or any1 knowledgeable in it there. Ur help will b deeply appreciated
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by carlosikem(m): 9:37pm On Apr 16, 2009
please how much will the cisco training cost and also the oracle?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by qutebloke1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2009
@Visitor,
I use GNS3 which is the grapical front for Dynagen. When I'm away from my Desktop PC, I use a laptop with the following specs;
                         -2.6 Ghz celeron proccesor
                         -512mb RAM
As you can see, its quite on the low end, but still i can load up to 3 c7200 routers and stiil keep the cpu usage under 10%. The trick is to find the appropriate IDLE PC VALUE. just keep changing it while monitoring your cpu usage, Use a value that will keep your cpu usage below 5%. for my laptop i just use the first one that comes in the list if the * value doesnt work.  i think with dynamips you have to use the "idlepc get RX" command. i personally prefer GUIs.
You can use your local pc to connect to gns3 through the M$ loopback adapter or the easy way with vpcs.

@Carl
If you read this thread from the begining you'll find that its a thread encouraging people to study on their own. But a friend of mine just completed his CCNA exploration here in Lagos for 60k
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bisifunke: 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
Nateevs and Toya_tc  You guys are doing wonderfully well to keep this cisco thread life.
I am a cisco cert guy. I have access cisco but on supervision and already pre configured.
I will like you to help me on this cisco task.
Let assume you have a fresh network i mean VSAT (internet connection with a modem for LAN ) and you want to introduce cisco router into it
what is the benefit of puting a cisco router
what are the options to  configure? can u give me outline steps of what and what to install to provide a secure LAN connection.
This is a practical question which i knw alot in the house will gain from it. It might not be easy to provide evrything but a comprehensive sumary will be appreciated
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by vowiski(m): 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2009
PLanning on CCIE grin
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nethacker(m): 7:50am On Apr 17, 2009
bisifunke:

Nateevs and Toya_tc You guys are doing wonderfully well to keep this cisco thread life.
I am a cisco cert guy. I have access cisco but on supervision and already pre configured.
I will like you to help me on this cisco task.
Let assume you have a fresh network i mean VSAT (internet connection with a modem for LAN ) and you want to introduce cisco router into it
what is the benefit of puting a cisco router
what are the options to configure? can u give me outline steps of what and what to install to provide a secure LAN connection.
This is a practical question which i knw alot in the house will gain from it. It might not be easy to provide evrything but a comprehensive sumary will be appreciated

Is it in an organization or @ home(SOHO).
@House, I am new to this thread but not to nairaland, I am a cisco guy too planning for CCNA Security and i work as a network support officer in one of nigerian banks.I think we can share views and problems here relating to the practical aspect of networking(Routing protocol troubleshooting)for those that r working presently in that field cheesy cheers
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bisifunke: 9:26am On Apr 17, 2009
@ vowiski
A sizeable organisation with a branch in Lagos.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Mysterlawk: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2009
hello guys, these thread is awesome as i will afford Cisco 'eggheads' to share ideas and xchange info. I intend starting my CCNP next month anyway, its great reading pple of like minds
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nethacker(m): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2009
@house, please can we stop hiding our Yahoo Instant Messanger ID, We should be able to chat on yahoo not until we come to nairaland.Please lets share our YIM so we can chat,
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by tupix(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am new to this thread but I find it interesting.

Please can anybody help me on how to go about getting CCNA certification
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Babyboy26(m): 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
I am a CISCO Associate.What are we really talking about on this topic?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by surugede(m): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2009
tupix:

Hi everyone,

I am new to this thread but I find it interesting.

Please can anybody help me on how to go about getting CCNA certification

i equally ask same question
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by hackney(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
My Cisco friends, has anyone of you ever configured multicasting of any kind in a live (cisco) environment(esp nateevs)?
Please drop a line.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bekke: 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2009
Hi all. I'm going to be writing my last of my CCNP exams next week. Very grateful 2 all who is contributing to this thread as its really helping.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by qutebloke1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2009
@House
Does anyone know the current testing price for the ICND1(640-822) or the CCNA(640-802) tests in Lagos? and also a good testing centre. Thanks.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by holotee(m): 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
I'm happy with this post too. I'm presently preparing for my CCNA and i've actually finished the Sybex textbook form cover to cover but all the same i still need the dumps just to know what to expect. Pls any help will be appreciated. U can contact me via mail; toizen@yahoo.com/08070882601
thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by inuse1: 4:00am On Apr 18, 2009
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Christino(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2009
Dumps seekers are just thread spoilers cos the next thing a long list of "pls send dumps 2 my mailbox" will fill all the pages.

As for simulation, if you are not a techie techie, just download gns3, get IOSes for 7200 and 3725 Adv ent and fire on, for FR, u'll need the 3640's but please try to buy at least the Cisco 871 router (just around 60,000 naira) contains SDM and some other stuffs.

The CCNA syllabus is all you need to be a top class admin, for those going in2 Core Cisco or certifications then the professional level is good, and for every one, the CCIE is more like it. Anybody, even a Secondary School student with interest can pass the CCIE, it's all about information, time, dedication, interest and sacrifice.

As for dumps majors, my advice is . . . pray you meet me at your interview! grin
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nonoy: 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2009
@house: pls is there a place i can take d exam in gombe state. I really need d info.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by lynnk: 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
@ christino, pls dumps are not bad. It lets u know what to expect in the exam. It doesnt mean u shuldnt study 4 d exam. Does anybody know anytin about the cisco comeback exam and is it available for ccie written

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.