Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,378 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45871 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2009
@strillionsG

my brother i really need this favour from you, can email me that book you are talking about, cause where i am i cant seem to get a hold on any material. thanks. if u will do me this favour God will surprise you
thank my email address is desseb2002@yahoo.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by presido1: 11:42am On Apr 28, 2009
@Nateev sorry for the death of you Dad. God is your comforter.

Hello Guys I always get this problem when ever am modifying the bandwidth of the serial interface.
"Microsoft C++ Real Time Error" when ever it pops out the Packet Tracer stops working.
Pls what might be the cause and how can i rectify it.

Cheers.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 7:17am On Apr 29, 2009
@Presido.

Thanks.

I suggest you move to Dynamips. Everything about downloading and installing is on page 2 or page 3.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sokoanugwa: 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2009
This is indeed a good thread and i want to thank the initiator of this wonderful stuff, God bless you. When i was preparing for my CCNA last year, i tried a lot of site for extra lessons but to no avail until i stumble on www.testinside..com. it is wonderful site and full of practicals too. Guys preparing for CCNA should just take a look at the site and it will be helpful.

Guys have treated most topic on my mind, but i still to place my hands on cisco routers and feel the real pratical anyway. i have quite great experience in Networking and still learning more, but i know that with this forum, i will get to know more.

Keep it up guys and know that "Life will surely pay us for all our investments"

Cheers
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sysanalyst: 4:23am On May 05, 2009
Hello people, just registered as a member. Am happy about this. pls my wahala now is to pass CCNP. I have no dump at all. please anyboy that have should email me; umezuruikechinecherem@yahoo.co.uk. thanks
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Saddam: 2:39pm On May 05, 2009
nateevs:

@Oxone.

Thanks Man.

@Saddam

Glad to know you didn't have to pay to get it done. . . and who says you need an academy to do these things?

@nateevs
The Upload was not suscessful, I have tried it 3 more times and I did increase the Baudrate to enable a faster copying process, yet same story

What else do I do

I have been very busy and also i went out to a remote location thts why I have not informed you all these days,

I need your directives
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sayso: 2:46pm On May 05, 2009
@nateevs
Guy do not let this thread die out,some guys future may be attached to this thread,get more information abt Cisco.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 1:33am On May 06, 2009
i think the best thing is for us to bring a topic and talk about it, rather than asking for dumps all the time. i have no probs with folks that want the dumps, if i have them i will use them but u get interest killed quickly if this thread all about dumps. just my 2cents
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 7:51am On May 07, 2009
Dear Cisco Profs
i need a little assitant from all of you, i manage a network of about 50 computers using a linsys router and an IDirect modem. as u all know the IDirect modem is very sensitive to virus. in order words my network has been attacked by virus i have tried all i can to update and scan all the systems. the way this affects the network is by breaking the connection to the internet, except u restart the modem you will only be able to brouse for like 10 minutes after which the conection just brakes. Mind you i can ping all the DNS but i just cant brouse i called my ISp they told me its a virus Issue., please i need suggestion on how i can get this virus off my network and formating all the systems in the network is not an part of the plan. pleasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee help.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by akyn4eva: 1:19pm On May 07, 2009
@nateeves

this is a great thread bro for beginners like us.thanx.

Am new to CCNA and about to start its class in 2weeks' time,so pls whatever assistance anyone can render will be greatly appreciated and God bless.

if there is any site where i can get some books or tutorials to get me prepared for this?

my email akin4ever@hotmail.com, akynforever@yahoo.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 6:42am On May 08, 2009
blesseb2k:

Dear Cisco Profs
i need a little assitant from all of you, i manage a network of about 50 computers using a linsys router and an IDirect modem. as u all know the IDirect modem is very sensitive to virus. in order words my network has been attacked by virus i have tried all i can to update and scan all the systems. the way this affects the network is by breaking the connection to the internet, except u restart the modem you will only be able to brouse for like 10 minutes after which the conection just brakes. Mind you i can ping all the DNS but i just cant brouse i called my ISp they told me its a virus Issue., please i need suggestion on how i can get this virus off my network and formating all the systems in the network is not an part of the plan. pleasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee help.

my recommendation, hire a tech since it is clearly obvious u are not one. this is not an insult but a fact, save urself and the users undue headache.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 11:08am On May 08, 2009
na2day?:

my recommendation, hire a tech since it is clearly obvious u are not one. this is not an insult but a fact, save urself and the users undue headache.

o boy but na wa for you oh i ask for help and and you are insulting me. you think you know so much. your brain must be paining you for saying that, if you dont know what to say y not keep your stupid opinion to your self.
@nateeves we dont need people like @na2day in this forum people who think they know every thing and other therefore others dont have the right to know or ask questions about what is bothering them please if ou can profer solution me please do
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 11:29pm On May 08, 2009
blesseb2k:

o boy but na wa for you oh i ask for help and and you are insulting me. you think you know so much. your brain must be paining you for saying that, if you dont know what to say y not keep your stupid opinion to your self.
@nateeves we dont need people like @na2day in this forum people who think they know every thing and other therefore others dont have the right to know or ask questions about what is bothering them please if ou can profer solution me please do

dude, reading is a requirement, and if u can read please do read my post again, i clearly stated that it is not an insult. if u manage 50 pcs as u claim on a network with God knows what other nodes or resource on that network but yet ur network is always down after every 10mins it gets up and u will have to restart, then yes u need a tech. i am not saying this bcuz i know, i dont, but the little i know tells me u dont know anything in maintaining a network and i honestly wonder who hired u.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by kanmyng: 5:24am On May 09, 2009
@blesseb2k: i read ur post and i can see u proffer a solution to ur problem ursef. u said its a virus so said by ur ISP so i advice u go for license anti virus

To all CISCO thread members: Pls, let us get this thread right. if am not mistaking, i think this thread is all about sharing ideas and , so let us all get help one another in anyway we can
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 7:19am On May 09, 2009
kanmyng:

@blesseb2k: i read ur post and i can see u proffer a solution to ur problem ursef. u said its a virus so said by ur ISP so i advice u go for license anti virus

To all CISCO thread members: Pls, let us get this thread right. if am not mistaking, i think this thread is all about sharing ideas and , so let us all get help one another in anyway we can

problem here is, we are not sure it is a virus, it could be a DoS or DDoS, there are way too many possibilities of what could be wrong, so i recommended him getting a tech to take a look at it.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Whizz: 9:08pm On May 09, 2009
@ Blesseb2k :
Post the following details :

1.) Your Network (Internal LAN) topologies

2.) The Antivirus you are using on each workstation

3.) The Antivirus you are using on your Server (If it is a Client-Server Network)

4.) The installed-OS on all your systems

5.) Your IP Addressing Scheme (Whether Class A, or B, or C)

6. Do you have any third-party network security/firewall/antispyware on your
     workstation/server?

7.) How exactly does it disconnects? Do u have 2 open a particular site b4 it
      happens?

Post these details and I'll give you the solution.

( Alternative quick diagnosis: Disconnect ALL your LAN from the modem, and
  connect a single laptop/desktop to your modem directly, preferrably a
  laptop/desktop that was not in your office b4, so as to be sure of where the
  problem lies. If it connects and it does not disconnect, then you have
  narrowed it down into 2 possibilities :

1.) An internal network problem

2.) Your PCs needs troubleshooting  )

*Do all these and let me know the details of your work as well as your observations latest by May 16th, 2009 12:00pm.*

Trust me, anything later than that date, I won't answer. Its neither pride nor anger, it's because that is my work and I'm giving you the service free of charge because I pitied you when I read your post, I hardly log on cos I'm a very busy person. Later
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 11:19pm On May 09, 2009
cant wait to see this grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 8:43pm On May 10, 2009
Whizz:

@ Blesseb2k :
Post the following details :

1.) Your Network (Internal LAN) topologies

2.) The Antivirus you are using on each workstation

3.) The Antivirus you are using on your Server (If it is a Client-Server Network)

4.) The installed-OS on all your systems

5.) Your IP Addressing Scheme (Whether Class A, or B, or C)

6. Do you have any third-party network security/firewall/antispyware on your
     workstation/server?

7.) How exactly does it disconnects? Do u have 2 open a particular site b4 it
      happens?

Post these details and I'll give you the solution.

( Alternative quick diagnosis: Disconnect ALL your LAN from the modem, and
  connect a single laptop/desktop to your modem directly, preferrably a
  laptop/desktop that was not in your office b4, so as to be sure of where the
  problem lies. If it connects and it does not disconnect, then you have
  narrowed it down into 2 possibilities :

1.) An internal network problem

2.) Your PCs needs troubleshooting  )

*Do all these and let me know the details of your work as well as your observations latest by May 16th, 2009 12:00pm.*

Trust me, anything later than that date, I won't answer. Its neither pride nor anger, it's because that is my work and I'm giving you the service free of charge because I pitied you when I read your post, I hardly log on cos I'm very busy person. Later

thanka man for wanting to help am really greatful. like i said in my last post, the network is a very simple one no server, firewall, its just a group of computers connected with switches.
to answer your questions

OS is windows xp with exception to those on wireless i.e those using their laptops with windows vista

Symantec antivirus

its brouses fine when i connect a single laptop to it

my network topology

please ur suggestion will be highly appreciated
na2day?:

cant wait to see this grin grin grin grin grin
[/quote
@na2day
i think i know the kind of person you re. i just dont have your time, please dont read my post again

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 9:37pm On May 10, 2009
blesseb2k:

thanka man for wanting to help am really greatful. like i said in my last post, the network is a very simple one no server, firewall, its just a group of computers connected with switches.
to answer your questions

OS is windows xp with exception to those on wireless i.e those using their laptops with windows vista

Symantec antivirus

its brouses fine when i connect a single laptop to it

my network topology

please ur suggestion will be highly appreciated

dude from ur explanation it shows that, one it is not the modem, two it might be a virus. recommendation, work by isolation, what that means is that, u take everything off the network, then gradually introduce each node back to the network and observe, if at any point u introduce a node and the network goes down, isolate that node and keep going still u have everything up and running. then u take the offending unit(s) and verify what kind of intruder u got on it then fix it.

FYI: i strongly advice u to get a firewall(ur router should have some form of basic fire wall) and possibly install MRTG or something similar to track down ur network activity graphically. it will save u much future headache and valuable time.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 3:40am On May 11, 2009
@ Blessed2k

i can see ur demi-god skillz right here  grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-132300.0.html

the girl owned u  grin grin grin grin
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by kanmyng: 4:17am On May 11, 2009
Hi guys, am happy to read more this thread, this is what we should be doing- helping out ourselves makes life good.

@na2day?

Please, whenever u use abbreviated term try to put the full words 'cos we ve some novice who is following the thread as well.

MRTG- The Multi Router Traffic Grapher is a free software for monitoring and measuring the traffic load on network links which allows the user to see traffic load on a network over time in graphical form.

Thanks all.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 4:28am On May 11, 2009
kanmyng:

Hi guys, am happy to read more this thread, this is what we should be doing- helping out ourselves makes life good.

@na2day?

Please, whenever u use abbreviated term try to put the full words 'cos we ve some novice who is following the thread as well.

MRTG- The Multi Router Traffic Grapher is a free software for monitoring and measuring the traffic load on network links which allows the user to see traffic load on a network over time in graphical form.

Thanks all.

my apologies embarassed embarassed embarassed

FYI: i am a novice too ooo
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by kanmyng: 4:37am On May 11, 2009
@na2day:

U re nt a novice cos i can see and read all ur thread. I so much respect all ur post cos they sound like no novice post.

Keep it up guy.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 6:13am On May 11, 2009
@Na2day
I bet it did not take you ten minutes to give me the suggestions you jsut gave, thanks anyway
i have done that already but i still found it difficult to identify. but am going to try it again cos i just updated and scanned all the systems which i shte normal thing i do but after a week or two it starts again (note: after updating and scanning)
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 6:39am On May 11, 2009
kanmyng:

@na2day:

U re nt a novice cos i can see and read all ur thread. I so much respect all ur post cos they sound like no novice post.

Keep it up guy.

thanks bro, i appreciate all the encouragement, but i know who i am and i know i'm a novice, but thanks though.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nethacker(m): 6:44pm On May 11, 2009
@na2day, where u dey work? i know say u be NetAdmin for on place with enof experience in cisco device configs, Let's Go there. grin grin
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 10:08pm On May 11, 2009
nethacker:

@na2day, where u dey work? i know say u be NetAdmin for on place with enof experience in cisco device configs, Let's Go there. grin grin

netadmin? na film? shocked shocked shocked shocked abeg oooo. i work in the states but i am no netadmin
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by kanmyng: 1:53am On May 12, 2009
@Na2day

I said it, u work in the states. u would ve gain much experience in the field where u ve expericed colleagues around u and equipment to work. u r no novice man, we need people like you in this thread to keep it up alive.

keep it up Na2day
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 2:01am On May 12, 2009
kanmyng:

@Na2day

I said it, u work in the states. u would ve gain much experience in the field where u ve expericed colleagues around u and equipment to work. u r no novice man, we need people like you in this thread to keep it up alive.

keep it up Na2day

hate to burst ur bubble once again, most of my experience i got from nigeria and yes i do know some seriously smart folks in the IT field here and i belong to the cisco user group at the Cisco campus in Richardson but that dont mean i know much. i am willing to add my 2cents where appropriate
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nethacker(m): 7:01am On May 12, 2009
@na2day, i know say na 9ja u gather experience, but r u currently working in that field in d states? cos i heard its pretty difficult to gain employment as a network support dude, where for 9ja u work?service provider,bank or IT consulting firm like, halla me on val2rhyme@yahoo.com
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2009
nethacker:

@na2day, i know say na 9ja u gather experience, but r u currently working in that field in d states? cos i heard its pretty difficult to gain employment as a network support dude, where for 9ja u work?service provider,bank or IT consulting firm like, halla me on val2rhyme@yahoo.com

i worked with 3 service providers and one programming firm in lagos and abuja, i also did a lot of freelancing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.