Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves (45874 Views)

Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 2:45am On Apr 20, 2009
sup guys, didnt know we had a cisco thread going. smiley smiley smiley
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Saddam: 1:08am On Apr 21, 2009
I got my flash lost in a 1721 Cisco Router

I need some techies to assist me load an IOS

Holla back pls

I will be paying you so its open to Negotiation if u can do it
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 4:21am On Apr 21, 2009
do u mean u need an IOS ? undecided undecided undecided
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 4:33am On Apr 21, 2009
amarilo:

@nateev

pls do Gns3 and Packet tracer do the samething(Building and config Topology). Am new in Networking stuff.

yup to GNS3, but packet tracer is kinda limited but alot easier
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by amarilo: 9:24am On Apr 21, 2009
yup to GNS3, but packet tracer is kinda limited but alot easier
thanks man!! have been waiting for this reply.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by bekke: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2009
cheesy I've bin preparin 4 my last CCNP exam (ONT) hoping to write it this weekend. Can someone help with pass4sure for ONT that is newer than v3.12. Thanks cuz its really gonna help.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2009
Hello Room,
Am so happy about this thread,
I am new to cisco what do i need to know to become a cisco professional.

I really Need somebody to help me on this.

Does anybody know of anyplace in Warri delta state where i can seat for the CCNP exams?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Saddam: 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2009
I need some one tht can fix the router,
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by ogbronx(m): 12:33am On Apr 22, 2009
some misguided people think that you can just relax at home read ccna courses and watch plenty interactives to be good.oboy!when you are faced with real life routers and switches to configure,you would probably not recognize the interfaces not to mention configs and troubleshooting.abeg! go to and an academy or good road side school with enough practicals for you.cisco netacad initiative was for a purpose
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 5:01am On Apr 22, 2009
amarilo:

thanks man!! have been waiting for this reply.

u r welcome pal

blesseb2k:

Hello Room,
Am so happy about this thread,
I am new to cisco what do i need to know to become a cisco professional.

I really Need somebody to help me on this.

Does anybody know of anyplace in Warri delta state where i can seat for the CCNP exams?

u r new to cisco but going to write ur ccnp? na yam?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by opensource(m): 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2009
I just found out about this trend and very quite educative.

I am presently Using packet tracer 5.0 and believe me i get to a point where the so much theory in my mind get me confused and i just give up and do something else. I am trying to sketch and setup my present companies network using packet tracer and all seems well so far apart from some advance policy routing that wont work on Packet tracer.Also I have problem setting the ISP or client side that call for services on our servers. I will try setup Dynamics and hopefully this should work for me.

Note failing to appreciate the like of natevvs ,thanks for a wonderful trend like this . Its actually been a nice thread with links to a lot of write up ,which if not careful u might just get lost out of this trend while reading those external urls but it quite handy to have in your library or bookmarks so be it.

I completed my CCNA and work with a small IT firm , the only problem is the network is already reconfigured by the expert and he is only there as a contract staff . I own it all to my self , i can play with the servers ,router and switch that isn't on the live platform. but its pretty slow for me because I have to read and practice ,while at the same time doing other office job.I back up at night we no body is using the router , then start my config . early in the morning i re-instate the previous config.pretty sad i need a router if any one has one to spare.

Also This is one question , I would like to be addressed . As a network engineer is just learning Cisco okay for you to be employeed and get a good job because as far as i know many if not all companies in Nigeria run on cisco network even telecoms.

Whats the salary pay for a CCNA or CCNP person and whats the interview like.IS a degree really essential .What of a Masters

Whats the impact or rather value do you have in telecom companies as a cisco person because i know most of their system are Siemens , Alcatel or SIGTRAN. I am just opportuined to see Cisco devices in GLO and ZAIN and MTN transmission rooms ( but most have labels of companies like : Shell ,GTB,Cheveron) so i just presume its own by them).

Where would be the best place to build on core networking is it working with ISP's or Telecom companies.

I am also learning Asterisk also on linux but believe me nothin is easy , Christ I also need good source of income to sustain and balance my brain or it will just die of frustration.

cheers
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by opensource(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
Thanks once more for the Video . But can i please suggest that you include audio to the video and that will basically reduce the stress of you having to write your comments in note pad .

Also it makes it quite interesting for us viewers tooo

This can also make the video faster .Camtasia studio is also a good application for creating videos ,you can get from here http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 7:52am On Apr 23, 2009
na2day?:

u r new to cisco but going to write ur ccnp? na yam?
. My brother when i say am New to cisco that does not mean am a novis to what cisco is all about, i am IT professional, i know a lot about Networking, routers and switch configurations LAN and WAN networks administraton from 100 to 500 computers. if you have ever heard of NIgerian Gas Company in warri I am currently their network administrator. All i want is the CCNP certification and a good school to here in my city warri i study and write their exams. In other words practically am very good, but theorically am no where to be found

i am requesting for the basic courses, past qquestions and answers and anywhere i can get this lectures.

i would very much appreciate it if any one can assist
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by core2duo(m): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2009
Am surprise to hear people say they want to study CCNA on there own of course there are courses u can study on your own,but it is certainly not CCNA,let nobody deceive u Better locate an academy and enroll stop wasting your time and resources. U have higher chances of success,access to other resources,alumni connection and many more.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by opensource(m): 9:47am On Apr 23, 2009
Yes you can study and pass CCNA on your own , all you need do is read the cybex book and read your dumps. Once you have the recent dumps from pass4sure , then believe me 90% of the questions are from the dump.

But passing the exam is a different thing entirely , I went for a CCNA training for 3 months ,its was all theory and even the instructor although quite knowledgeable , always got confused even with simple topics like Subneting and VLSM . Despite the fact that we always have practical sessions with the packet tracer , there was a need for working with real routers and switches which we didn't.

Although i passed CCNA with like 900+ , it only took about 3 weeks and all those theory questions in the dumps flushed off my head , when i tried them again in 3 weeks time . It was a total flop. This is the consequence of cramming for exam.

@ blesseb2k . believe me when you do more of practicals with live equipments or simulator its always far better than reading and cramming for exams.Now i don't even need to read on how to setup SDM ,do my Subnetting ,telnet -console - aux seetings , ssh , and basic router config . I do this everyday and this practical in now the theory i need.Wake me from sleep now and i will config a router with this basic config i listed.

Also you mentioned been long into networking with close to 500 PC , not personal but i would like to know what teh network runs on . LINUX,WINDOWS,JUPITER,LINKSYS or what kind of routers and switches u used over ypur LAN and WAN

IT is far more than just certification , although this might get u a good job , but when u begin to feel worthless and irrelevant to the team , where you cant even execute little commands on your own.

I love this thrend , and will alway return to it
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by na2day2(m): 3:33am On Apr 24, 2009
blesseb2k:

. My brother when i say am New to cisco that does not mean am a novis to what cisco is all about, i am IT professional, i know a lot about Networking, routers and switch configurations LAN and WAN networks administraton from 100 to 500 computers. if you have ever heard of NIgerian Gas Company in warri I am currently their network administrator. All i want is the CCNP certification and a good school to here in my city warri i study and write their exams. In other words practically am very good, but theorically am no where to be found

i am requesting for the basic courses, past qquestions and answers and anywhere i can get this lectures.

i would very much appreciate it if any one can assist

no vex my brother, i am under the assumption that u have to have at least ccna as a prerequisite to going ur ccnp
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 10:19am On Apr 24, 2009
opensource:

Yes you can study and pass CCNA on your own , all you need do is read the cybex book and read your dumps. Once you have the recent dumps from pass4sure , then believe me 90% of the questions are from the dump.

But passing the exam is a different thing entirely , I went for a CCNA training for 3 months ,its was all theory and even the instructor although quite knowledgeable , always got confused even with simple topics like Subneting and VLSM . Despite the fact that we always have practical sessions with the packet tracer , there was a need for working with real routers and switches which we didn't.

Although i passed CCNA with like 900+ , it only took about 3 weeks and all those theory questions in the dumps flushed off my head , when i tried them again in 3 weeks time . It was a total flop. This is the consequence of cramming for exam.

@ blesseb2k . believe me when you do more of practicals with live equipments or simulator its always far better than reading and cramming for exams.Now i don't even need to read on how to setup SDM ,do my Subnetting ,telnet -console - aux seetings , ssh , and basic router config . I do this everyday and this practical in now the theory i need.Wake me from sleep now and i will config a router with this basic config i listed.

Also you mentioned been long into networking with close to 500 PC , not personal but i would like to know what teh network runs on . LINUX,WINDOWS,JUPITER,LINKSYS or what kind of routers and switches u used over ypur LAN and WAN

IT is far more than just certification , although this might get u a good job , but when u begin to feel worthless and irrelevant to the team , where you cant even execute little commands on your own.

I love this thrend , and will alway return to it

My bros i belive u plenty, from what u have said i know that networking is broader than what i think, my network runs on windows and almost all my switches are cisco except for a few that re 3Com.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Saddam: 1:14am On Apr 25, 2009
I got my flash lost in a 1721 Cisco Router

I need some techies to assist me load an IOS

Holla back pls

I will be paying you so its open to Negotiation if u can do it
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Oxone(m): 7:09am On Apr 25, 2009
lvly work peeps. i need to know if there's a place i can take CCNA exam in gombe state and how much it costs. thanks alot
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2009
This is the one of the happiest days in my life. I have not been around for a long time because I lost my Dad. I am very glad to see all the new faces. . Welcome everyone.

This is fast becoming what I thot it will. Let's get it going on guys.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Oxone(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2009
@nateevs, sorry about ur dad cry & welcome back
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2009
@Saddam.

Connect to your router via Console. Turn the router on. because you have no IOS on it, the router should boot to rommon. . meaning you will have a prompt like this:

rommon 1 >

If for some strange reason it doesn't boot to rommon, you will need to interrupt the boot process by pressing "ctlr + break" (Hyperterminal), "alt + b" (Tera Term), or "break" (Securecrt)  depending on which console program you are using. . and the router should boot to rommon. . This will be untrue as the router should not boot because you've deleted the IOS.

at rommon, type the command[b] "xmodem -?"[/b]  . . . let the router run a checksum. . It can take from a few seconds to a few minutes and it comes back with result of the size of bytes on the flash. Make sure the IOS you want to load to the router is not larger than the available space. Ideally you want to reload the same IOS that was deleted. . . I am assuming that you have the IOS already on the PC that is consoled to the router. .and the IOS is stored in bin format.

after the result the[b] rommon 2 >[/b] prompt should appear . . now type the command[b] "xmodem -r"[/b]. You should see

"Do not start sending the program yet. . .
Invoke this application only for disaster recovery
Do you wish to continue? y/n [n] "

Type y and you should see

"Ready to receive file . . . ."

Go to Transfer - send file. . . in the dialog box that pops out, browse the location of the IOS and select "xmodem" as protocol in Hyperterminal. . and send.
With Tera Term, transfer is located under[b] "File"[/b], select it - xmodem and send.

The IOS should start copying . . This could take between some minutes and a few hours depending on the size of the IOS you are sending. There's a way to increase the baud rate from 9600 to 112500 just before the transfer to increase the data transfer rate but I am not sure how as I have not done that before.

Your IOS should be copied . . . . Let's know if you have more problems.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Saddam: 2:35am On Apr 27, 2009
Thanks For ur Solution,

Its in progress as am typing to u,

Its gonna round up at about 5am Nigerian Time

This is the screenshoot

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by nateevs(m): 7:37am On Apr 27, 2009
@Oxone.

Thanks Man.

@Saddam

Glad to know you didn't have to pay to get it done. . . and who says you need an academy to do these things?
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by Nicesoul(m): 9:06am On Apr 27, 2009
nateevs:

This is the one of the happiest days in my life. I have not been around for a long time because I lost my Dad. I am very glad to see all the new faces. . Welcome everyone.

This is fast becoming what I thot it will. Let's get it going on guys.

Hello every1, its been long the last time i visited here. Work is taking the important time of myself. I am far behind on this thread, i hope to catch up soonest.

@ Nateevs,

Sorry for the lost, may God give you the fortitude to bear the lost. Welcome back, your contribution is very vital.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 10:47am On Apr 27, 2009
hey @nateev

accept my sympathy concerning your Dad, its well
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sayso: 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2009
@nateev
Guy this prob of ios download is small wahala for me,hw can you help.everyother thing is ok except that. rci_ify@yahoo.com. pls people this thread should not stop.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2009
Hey everyone I got a list of IOS commands if anyone wants it just say i do i will post it
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by sayso: 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2009
@blesseb2k
hope to keep this thread alive,I want the IOS, pm rci_ify@yahoo.com.hope we can finish this today.thanks in advance.
Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by blesseb2k: 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2009
here u go i got two different copies one in html and

Re: CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves by trillionsG(f): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2009
hi guys its mighty nice 2 ve dis kinda forum at least it'll encourage pple like me.lately ve just kinda slowed down on my preparation 4 myy ccna bin stuck in chpt 6 for months now and feeling discouraged cos ve bin told 2 leave my hobby (computers) and build a career wit lots of explainations bout cisco experts goin extinct and al. hopefully will print out d remainin pages of d book so i can finish n write my exams.with u guys here 2 answer my questions n encourage me i'll do fine.is it possible 2 buy a used n cheap cisco router if yes where?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.