Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546361 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2011
guydudu:

Hello All. My school resumes auguest 22 and i just got my 1-20. Do any one knws if i can get an interview date before my resumption? Please help out
send a mail to the embassy requesting for expedited interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2011
@phy: you should be able to get a date in August for your interview before your school resumes
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2011
@phy: check in lagos there date available date b4 your resumption
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2011
guydudu:

Hello All.  My school resumes auguest 22 and i just got my 1-20. Do any one knws if i can get an interview date before my resumption? Please help out

I will suggest you try now. A friend just applied for Lagos and he got July 28 which is even earlier than my date. I believe you can still get earlier dates than your resumption date.

oyewolejos:

Thats a good deal. Lucky u. In this recession $20 per hour?
Which Church u dey go? grin grin grin
@Oyewolejos, I attend a Bible Believing Church. God is just faithful that is all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Demand1: 12:58am On Jun 24, 2011
Hello house,
I have been working in a supermarket since 2007 when I finish high school,Im 23 now,what are my chances in getting F1 visa as an undergraduate? I would love to study Accounting
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2011
The USA embassy no send at all all o o o o o o o

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-697883.0.html#msg8582032

Dem even denied wizkid and Banky Mugun American VISA. . . . . . Chaiiiii well sha dem don denied senator for my face before shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
Demand1:

Hello house,
I have been working in a supermarket since 2007 when I finish high school,Im 23 now,what are my chances in getting F1 visa as an undergraduate? I would love to study Accounting

Have you apply to any school yet
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2011
hey guys, i have a few tips i wanna share with you guys based on what i experienced at the embassy when i went for my interview, and i hope it helps those that want to go to abuja embassy. first thing i would advise is that you should be very prepared when going there, have a very good explanation for everything they ask you, and be prepared to answer at least one academic question cos the guy in counter 8 and 9 would always ask you one question based on what you have done, if youre going for masters, he could ask you to tell him about ur undergraduate project. i would also advise against going to the embassy without ur waec result if youre going for undergrad in the u.s
the guy in counter 9 denied someone because the girl didnt come with her waec result. i went for my own intervioew and i was given the visa without gre,gmat, toefl or any tests, thats why the guy would ask you academic question. he asked one guy "what is standard deviation", he asked another guy "what is the square root of -1, thirdly,you dont have to dress too corporate cos they dont even care about that(i went there with a round neck t-shirt, jeans and sneakers). and always try as much as possible to say the truth, the men there especially the guy in counter8 has a way of knowing when youre lying to him, if you wanna lie, be damn well good at the lie and it should be a very reasonable one. last but not the least, pray to God so that you wont have to go meet the chinese woman,
God will help everyone going for interview next and we'll all smile at the end of the day
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2011
hey guys, pls can anyone advise on how to get cheap flights for august pls, i'd like to go to new york first before heading over to d.c
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2011
WARYZ:

@ imperiouxx nd shawonlese nd evrybdy who i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ mad at M̶̲̅ε̲̣ 4 ma last post,am usin dis oppotunity to say am vry sry,i​ jst wntd to knw d guy cuz he said dat he knws M̶̲̅ε̲̣ nd knws where i​ liv,am hugely sorry.so now are we fine?i​ mean U̶̲̥̅̊ guys aint angry at M̶̲̅ε̲̣ anymore?pls U̶̲̥̅̊ guys shld rply.

No qualms man. We are together. 1 love bro wink wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by insolent: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
Hello All.
Im new on here and this here is my first post. Please I have a little issue i would need suggestions about from experienced persons.
I just decided lately to give my wife a treat of a 2 weeks holiday, asked her what country she would like to visit and she chose the USA. The issue now is, we do not have relatives over there neither has any of us visited there- in fact we have never visited any embassy or county outside West Africa. I need suggestions on how to go about it, getting invitations and any other thing.
We're a young couple with 2 kids, I am a business man and not going to be traveling with her, just she and our 6 months old baby.
What I need to know are the documents that will help asides the document listed on their website and embassy, do I need an invitation (which would make it difficult since I don't have a relative living there)

I think that is about all for now.
Thank you in advance for your different helpful suggestions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2011
Hello all,

Am here again 2 ask d same question which is as anybody sin a date or booked 1 in d last 2weeks? Its bin really sometin else as l cant view any available date.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 2:47am On Jun 25, 2011
syndikate:

Hello all,

Am here again 2 ask d same question which is as anybody sin a date or booked 1 in d last 2weeks? Its bin really sometin else as l cant view any available date.

Got peeps with the same issue, dey will rectify it.

dizyfrenzy:

hey guys, i have a few tips i wanna share with you guys based on what i experienced at the embassy when i went for my interview, and i hope it helps those that want to go to abuja embassy. first thing i would advise is that you should be very prepared when going there, have a very good explanation for everything they ask you, and be prepared to answer at least one academic question cos the guy in counter 8 and 9 would always ask you one question based on what you have done, if youre going for masters, he could ask you to tell him about your undergraduate project. i would also advise against going to the embassy without your waec result if youre going for undergrad in the u.s
the guy in counter 9 denied someone because the girl didnt come with her waec result. i went for my own intervioew and i was given the visa without gre,gmat, toefl or any tests, thats why the guy would ask you academic question. he asked one guy "what is standard deviation", he asked another guy "what is the square root of -1, thirdly,you dont have to dress too corporate cos they dont even care about that(i went there with a round neck t-shirt, jeans and sneakers). and always try as much as possible to say the truth, the men there especially the guy in counter8 has a way of knowing when youre lying to him, if you wanna lie, be damn well good at the lie and it should be a very reasonable one. last but not the least, pray to God so that you wont have to go meet the chinese woman,
God will help everyone going for interview next and we'll all smile at the end of the day

Wise One!!!

dizyfrenzy:

hey guys, pls can anyone advise on how to get cheap flights for august pls, i'd like to go to new york first before heading over to d.c

Sure, u book now for Emirates, U are good to go!! the cheapest i can see except u wanna go with EGYPT AIR,

www.wakanow.com to know price ranges.

but no book with them ooo, go the site of the airline!

my little Quarter!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 10:13am On Jun 25, 2011
nairaspace:

Got peeps with the same issue, dey will rectify it.

Wise One!!!

Sure, u book now for Emirates, U are good to go!! the cheapest i can see except u wanna go with EGYPT AIR,

www.wakanow.com to know price ranges.

but no book with them ooo, go the site of the airline!

my little Quarter!!

thanks nairaspace, Another person suggested royal air maroc but i ll check the site u gave me now and see whats up. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2011
who's going nextALL I WAN U TO DO IS PUT GOD FIRST IN EVERYTHING U DO,he is a miraculous GOD he did it for so many pple on here and he will surely do ours if we call upon him,he created the chinko lady and the fat asshole in lagos consulate and he knows how to handle them most, u may have 100 million liquid cash in ur acct and still be denied based on insufficient funds just like in my first denial which i was denied for insufficient funds and with a bank acct of over 9mill naira,, so we all nid to call upon him to achieve our aim in life.peace!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2011
@shavel. Amen to that o.

My interview date is on the 13th July. Hoping for God's favour and success for everyone. Pls I will like to know how the arrangement of Visa Officers in the Abuja Embassy. How many cubicles? Who is where? Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2011
EHI 2019:

@shavel. Amen to that o.

My interview date is on the 13th July. Hoping for God's favour and success for everyone. Pls I will like to know how the arrangement of Visa Officers in the Abuja Embassy. How many cubicles? Who is where? Thanks

where are we going?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2011
EHI 2019:

@shavel. Amen to that o.

You can be interview in any cubicle the best thing for you to do is just be prepare and pray for God favor.

dressing - 10%

doc - 30%

confident and answering question - 60%

so just be yourself and pray that the chinko lady no call you or else i no fit shout ooooooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2011
@Seedord247. Thanks bros o. But which cubicle is the chinko Lady? and how many cubicles are there? Is the Chinko Lady always in a particular cubicle?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2011
sey you no sabi chinko pple ni? ?? abi you no dey watch chinese film ni. . . . . .

immediately you enter you will see her at cubicle 5 taking the fingerprint
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2011
EHI 2019:

where are we going?
going,to the consulates of course! am reapplying at the lagos consulates,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 2:54pm On Jun 25, 2011
shavel:

going,to the consulates of course! am reapplying at the lagos consulates,

All the best. When is ur interview date?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2011
EHI 2019:

@shavel. Amen to that o.

at the abuja embassy, there are 3 visa officers, the chinese woman is in cubicle 6, there is a guy in cubicle 8 and another guy at the last cubiclle, thats cubicle 9. When u get to the consular building you ll have to queue in to take finger prints in cubicle 5 but you ll submit ur docs and passport in cubicle 4 so that they can check ur sevis payment. After all that, then you ll go and sit down and wait for them to call u. Its the visa officer that will say ''next applicant to cubicle 6 '', So when u hear that and ure the next, then u go there, I dont pray that you ll meet that china woman o. Cos if you dont have greor gmat and toefl, the probability that u ll get it from her is 5%. I was lucky on my own day and i was called to counter 9. And i was asked only 3 questns,
I hope this helps sha
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2011
Babagiwa wassap?A̶̲̥̅♏ still waiting ƒσя ƱƦ reply oooo on how ƱƦ interview went,pataining to that issue øf political science major. απϑ let ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ knw how you got knw ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥.thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

at the abuja embassy, there are 3 visa officers, the chinese woman is in cubicle 6, there is a guy in cubicle 8 and another guy at the last cubiclle, thats cubicle 9. When u get to the consular building you ll have to queue in to take finger prints in cubicle 5 but you ll submit your docs and passport in cubicle 4 so that they can check your sevis payment. After all that, then you ll go and sit down and wait for them to call u. Its the visa officer that will say ''next applicant to cubicle 6 '', So when u hear that and ure the next, then u go there, I dont pray that you ll meet that china woman o. Cos if you dont have greor gmat and toefl, the probability that u ll get it from her is 5%. I was lucky on my own day and i was called to counter 9. And i was asked only 3 questns,
I hope this helps sha

Thanks dizyfrenzy. Quite informative. Wish u all d best in your sojourn in GOC.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 5:41am On Jun 26, 2011
@ehi2019, if i may ask and if you dont mind sharing which school are you going and what program are you going for? undergrad or masters, am asking just in case i have a few things to share with you that might help during your interveiw
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2011
@ HOUSE: Do I need a Reference Letter from the Bank? My sponsor is a company, my dad works there as the General Manager and I have the bank statements. Is a Reference Letter necessary? Also, someone please give detailed directions on how to pay the SEVIS Fee in Seme? I am going in a few days. Please, what next after I get to the border?

God will crown our efforts with SUCCESS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2011
USBound:

@ HOUSE: Do I need a Reference Letter from the Bank? My sponsor is a company, my dad works there as the General Manager and I have the bank statements. Is a Reference Letter necessary? Also, someone please give detailed directions on how to pay the SEVIS Fee in Seme? I am going in a few days. Please, what next after I get to the border?

God will crown our efforts with SUCCESS.

You had a red flag there using your dad company staty, check back some pages and see the reason why they denied shavel (almost the same), and what's wrong with you uisng your Dad staty more also reference letter is not neccssary.

@seme border

just a 3 mins walk from the border to the bank . . . . when you get there ask the immigration officer you are going Eco Bank.

you wil have to pay some tips b4 they allow you to pass oooooooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

@ehi2019, if i may ask and if you dont mind sharing which school are you going and what program are you going for? undergrad or masters, am asking just in case i have a few things to share with you that might help during your interveiw

Im going for a masters in Public Health program in the University of Boston.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2011
pls ooooo pple who av gone 4 their visas in the Lagos embassy<som1 told me dat applicants at the Lagos embassy are always much(up to 500 applicants)is dat true?.and 2 how is that embassy?how will we go abt it as soon as we get to the embassy on that faithful morning.some1 pls explain 2 me like difrenzy explained to us about the Abuja embassy,so i wouldn't go dere dat day looking like a novice,u know even dat can raise a red flag,or don't u pple think so?.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2011
WARYZ:

pls ooooo pple who av gone 4 their visas in the Lagos embassy<som1 told me dat applicants at the Lagos embassy are always much(up to 500 applicants)is dat true?.and 2 how is that embassy?how will we go abt it as soon as we get to the embassy on that faithful morning.some1 pls explain 2 me like difrenzy explained to us about the Abuja embassy,so i wouldn't go dere dat day looking like a novice,u know even dat can raise a red flag,or don't u pple think so?.
as soon as u get to the gate of the waiting room u will see security officers in blue uniforms,go to them and tell them bout ur mission and they will direct u to the next step of the application,u will some officers in cgi vests also at the entrance they will check if truly ur name is on the appointment lists,and they will collect ur passport,sevis i20,sevis receipt,Gtb receipt,barcoded confirmation page and ur passport photograph and u will be asked to sit and wait until its ur turn to do the security checks,after u will be led by an officer to the main gate of the embassy where u will fin a small hall made of container and aluminium roofing sheet,there ur passport will be collect and u will be asked to go into the consular section of the embassy,where there is the immigrant section and non-imigrant section with different consulars,ur names will be called for biometrics according to the card given to u outside and also according to the arrangement of ur passports, afta biometrics,then u have to wait for ur names to be called for the interview.hope this help,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2011
Thanks loadz shavel 4 dat piece u just made me knw abt,bt is it tru dat pple are always much at d lagos embassy?nd i am tlking about much as in 500 applicants.shalom

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.