Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,298 members, 7,957,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (552074 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

i have discovered that the reason why theres a high rate of denial among people applying for student visas is that most of the people applying are not really credible students. they just wanna use the opportunity to get into the u.s and go and "hustle". some people go to the embassy for interview without knowing why they chose the school or even what their future career plans are, and most credible students who really wanna go there to study are denied in the process. please to all those going for interview any time soon, i ll advise that you do enough research so as not to be caught offguard when you get to the embassy. one guy got denied in abuja because the v.o asked him some of the courses he would be doing in first year and how many credits he would be taking, he started saying rubbish and the v.o just gave him back his documents. so if youre going for interview anytime soon, i suggest you should add that to your knowledge base, know some of the courses you would be doing in your first year, the number of credits you would be taking, including electives. you can get all this info from the website of your school,
and also, please,please, try and improve your spoken english, especially those going to abuja, the consular officers are quite particular about that. one girl that came there for interview made a statement "thats more better", when the v.o heard this, he asked, "what was your grade in english"(she was going for undergrad), she said D7, then the v.o asked "did you write toefl" and she said "no", and she was denied a visa. so please if our spoken english is bad, pls do all you can to improve it,, it ll really help
i wish all applicants best of luck o

Guy pls tell them to stop watching africa Magic and all this Nollywood rubbish. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2011
Some people really have to go and do some extensive research on the difference between a college and university before posting up bunch of hokum. Anyways, goodluck to all those going for their interview and for those coming here always remain focused. All the best!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
for those that are going for interview in abuja any time soon, if youre an undergrad, you should be prepared to answer the following questions cos one of the v.o was asking that question when i went there,
1. what is standard deviation 2. what is the square root of -1,
and if youre going for masters, please go and read your undergraduate project again very well and know it cos you could be asked to explain your undergraduate project.
here is another thought. dont be afraid to explain stuffs to the v.o, heres an example, a guy that came to the embassy on the day i went there. the guy did waec and had E8 in chemistry, but he had C4 in neco chemistry. he came to the embassy with only the neco. when the v.o asked him for his waec, he produced the neco result. the v.o asked him where his waec was and he said he didnt write waec(maybe its because of tension). the v.o made a statement and said "young man, i have lived in nigeria for the past 5 years and i know theres no way you would write neco without writing waec as a secondary school leaver, so tell me the truth about your waec result", the guy tthen answered and said, its because he had E8 in waec chemistry, thats why he didnt come with it. he was denied a visa because he was caught in a lie.
my point is,if a smart person was in that situation,, theres nothing wrong in telling the v.o that your grade was low in waec, but when you were writing neco, you improved your weaknesses and corrected your mistakes and thats why u have a better score in the neco,
these consular officers are humans and they read body language to know when youre lying to them, its not like they are human lie detectors o but they have a lot of experience and most people tell stupid and unbeleivable lies, so they get caught and they are denied visas,
once again, pls prepare very well and know what you are doing when youre going to the embassy, above all, pls pray very well, theres nothing God cannot do, am telling you from experience cos my own interview success was a big miracle,
all the best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jamsmither: 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2011
@syndikate d problem is dat my docmt date is july 23rd 4 d conference am going 4 in settle.wa,and nevr get interview date,do u try to cal their desk,maybe i wil try dat on monday.i check to fil d personal data severally bt yet exception occuring.if u get any help dis my numba08063895834.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2011
Hello,

people from where them dey book interview date oh, the website nor dey work?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2011
Dizzy u r da bomb. I have noted your contributions with so much enthusiasm. Pls keep it up. Sorry been away for sometime, kinda busy. I hope we can hook up before my interview. where do you stay? I live in Abuja. You asked for my stats so as to give me handy advice.
GRE 1250( V 590, Q 660 and 1300 (V 600 Q 700) (took it twice). TOEFL 105. I am yet to get my GRE scores since last year. My question, can i print the unofficial GRE and TOEFL scores online?

just to add to your advice, ppl must at least know the location of their schools, if it a public or private school, at least 3 names of faculty members anything unique about the school. The idea is that you should be fully conscious of what/where you are going into.

For all those who have been given visas congrats o. We hope to be like you very soon. For those who were denied pls dnt forget to look at the big picture. Analyse the situation and watch out for pitfalls next time. Pls do not forget to post your visa interview experience whether you were successful or not at least you learnt from oda ppl's experience too.

A wise man Learns from other ppl's mistake, others learn from their own mistakes but fools do not learn even from their mistakes. I pray God gives us the wisdom and favour to be successful.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2011
In the US, universities are also referred to as colleges, Yeah! This however does not stop the fact that there are colleges (mostly referred to as junior colleges) which are only meant for 2-year programs and there you earn Associate degrees or possibly transfer to the University. This being noted, in my opinion I will advise NLers to apply to schools that carries the word ‘UNIVERSITY’. Reason being that whenever most of the people here anything college what first comes to their minds is the 2-year program school except they are conversant with the name. I can be very sure that be VOs would not know the names of all the schools in the US, for instance in California alone there are over 130 universities (not including junior colleges) and you may agree with me that one cannot know the names of the schools.
Another thing that I observed is that most of the ‘US people’ most often don’t know what is happening in other states not to talk of the country, hence I will not be surprised if the VOs are very rooted in the US immigration laws but not in the names of schools in the US.
This is just my little observation.
Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2011
@dizifrenzy

Please send me an email: usbound911@yahoo.com

I need advice on the company sponsorship bank statement. masepat has suggested 'scholarship' from this company. I can go ahead and get full documentation from this company to this effect - my dad is the GM - but do you think a 'full scholarship' from a company will appeal to the V.O.? I need your help real quick. My interview date is drawing nearer.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 11:17pm On Jul 02, 2011
@house, I can't believe wat d embassy is turning into:y on earth's name would a VO ask "wat is d square root of -1?", does a nagative number hav a square root? D answer is NO!, or don't they really know wat they r asking?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 11:22pm On Jul 02, 2011
@masepat: Thank you for the advice. If I were to pursue the 'scholarship' sponsorship from the company, what document do you think I have to require from the company - they are prepared to give me whatever is necessary. Please specify. Do you know of anyone who has really sold a 'corporate scholarship' to the v.o. successfully?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

for those that are going for interview in abuja any time soon, if youre an undergrad, you should be prepared to answer the following questions cos one of the v.o was asking that question when i went there,
1. what is standard deviation 2. what is the square root of -1,
and if youre going for masters, please go and read your undergraduate project again very well and know it cos you could be asked to explain your undergraduate project.
here is another thought. dont be afraid to explain stuffs to the v.o, heres an example, a guy that came to the embassy on the day i went there. the guy did waec and had E8 in chemistry, but he had C4 in neco chemistry. he came to the embassy with only the neco. when the v.o asked him for his waec, he produced the neco result. the v.o asked him where his waec was and he said he didnt write waec(maybe its because of tension). the v.o made a statement and said "young man, i have lived in nigeria for the past 5 years and i know theres no way you would write neco without writing waec as a secondary school leaver, so tell me the truth about your waec result", the guy tthen answered and said, its because he had E8 in waec chemistry, thats why he didnt come with it. he was denied a visa because he was caught in a lie.
my point is,if a smart person was in that situation,, theres nothing wrong in telling the v.o that your grade was low in waec, but when you were writing neco, you improved your weaknesses and corrected your mistakes and thats why u have a better score in the neco,
these consular officers are humans and they read body language to know when youre lying to them, its not like they are human lie detectors o but they have a lot of experience and most people tell silly and unbeleivable lies, so they get caught and they are denied visas,
once again, pls prepare very well and know what you are doing when youre going to the embassy, above all, pls pray very well, theres nothing God cannot do, am telling you from experience cos my own interview success was a big miracle,
all the best

@HOUSE: the question 'what is the square root of minus one?' is a correct question. The ANSWER is 'A COMPLEX NUMBER'. In mathematics, the square root of minus one is a complex number designated 'j', small letter 'j'. The V.O. is just trying to see if you are a student. However, only folks who did advanced maths or further maths will know this answer. If you are asked, tell him it is a 'COMPLEX NUMBER' symbolized by 'j'. simple.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 3:21am On Jul 03, 2011
cleverdude:  -1 has a quare root which is in the complex number system. It is denoteb by 'i.'

USbound: You misinformed. It isn't j.

Little knowledge is dangerous and a student should confidently know what they are talking about.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 5:23am On Jul 03, 2011
EHI 2019:

Dizzy u r da bomb. I have noted your contributions with so much enthusiasm. Pls keep it up. Sorry been away for sometime, kinda busy. I hope we can hook up before my interview. where do you stay? I live in Abuja. You asked for my stats so as to give me handy advice.
GRE 1250( V 590, Q 660 and 1300 (V 600 Q 700) (took it twice). TOEFL 105. I am yet to get my GRE scores since last year. My question, can i print the unofficial GRE and TOEFL scores online?

just to add to your advice, ppl must at least know the location of their schools, if it a public or private school, at least 3 names of faculty members anything unique about the school. The idea is that you should be fully conscious of what/where you are going into.

For all those who have been given visas congrats o. We hope to be like you very soon. For those who were denied pls dnt forget to look at the big picture. Analyse the situation and watch out for pitfalls next time. Pls do not forget to post your visa interview experience whether you were successful or not at least you learnt from oda ppl's experience too.

A wise man Learns from other ppl's mistake, others learn from their own mistakes but fools do not learn even from their mistakes. I pray God gives us the wisdom and favour to be successful.

yeah definitely, you can go with unofficial test scores, it doesnt matter, and from what you posted above, i think your academic profile is quite good, and am sure that even the dreaded chinese woman would be inclined to consider ur application favorably, all thats left for you now is to try and perfect your points so that any angle the v.o"s come out from, they ll meet you there, and above all, its all about the favor of God and be confident, it matters a lot

@ guys: if you are asked what the square root of -1 is by the v.o on ur interveiw date, just say it is i, cos that was the answer he gave when the applicant couldnt answer the question, and i is the correct answer. you can also say that the square root of a negative number is undefined because in mathematics, it is impossible to find the square root of a negative number
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 5:50am On Jul 03, 2011
@dizyfrenzy, God bless u. I think ur first answer is supposed 2 be a said by graduate student while d second is 4 undergradute.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 10:38am On Jul 03, 2011
@aroy1: I agree the answer is 'i'. This is what the v.o. knows. In science and engineering, which i did a little of, complex number or the imaginary unit is also symbolized by 'j' to avoid confusion with electrical current which is denoted by 'i'. You can read more on this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_unit

@dizifrenzy: Please i need to talk to you. my email add is usbound911@yahoo.com, I have already sent u an email.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 10:39am On Jul 03, 2011
aroy1:

cleverdude:  -1 has a quare root which is in the complex number system. It is denoteb by 'i.'

USbound: You misinformed. It isn't j.

Little knowledge is dangerous and a student should confidently know what they are talking about.

Goodluck!

@aroy1: I agree the answer is 'i'. This is what the v.o. knows. In science and engineering, which i did a little of, complex number or the imaginary unit is also symbolized by 'j' to avoid confusion with electrical current which is denoted by 'i'. You can read more on this:

@dizifrenzy: Please i need to talk to you. my email add is usbound911@yahoo.com, I have already sent u an email.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2011
USBound:

i didnt get any email from you but i have sent u an email wit my email address, You can also add me to ur yahoo messenger so we can chat, And work on how we can make sure u get that visa,
All the best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2011
@house, My school fees is equivalent to 3.5M naira n i hav just only 1 sponsor,but his statement has a closing balance of 4M. Is that gonna cos problems at the embassy if the VO asks 4 my financial docs?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yoddy01: 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2011
Hello everyone,

I must commend on your posts. You are all the best. My brother was denied F-1 visa few weeks ago and he is planning to come in this August. Is it possible for him to re-schedule another emergency appointment? If yes, is there any chance of granting the visa as the consular already knew he applied few weeks back? What I know is that you should only apply once in 6months, How true is that?I advised him to defer the admission to next spring and tackle his weak points but from the look of things, he wanna come in this fall. Guys, please I need an advice on this.Thanks all!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2011
yoddy01:

Hello everyone,

I must commend on your posts. You are all the best. My brother was denied F-1 visa few weeks ago and he is planning to come in this August. Is it possible for him to re-schedule another emergency appointment? If yes, is there any chance of granting the visa as the consular already knew he applied few weeks back? What I know is that you should only apply once in 6months, How true is that?I advised him to defer the admission to next spring and tackle his weak points but from the look of things, he wanna come in this fall. Guys, please I need an advice on this.Thanks all!

@yoddy01: Sorry about that. Do you have an idea of his interview questions? Why was he denied? This will give the great and experienced guys here the kind of suggestions you will find helpful. Please post his interview or why you think he was denied.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2011
@all,

Due 2d challege am facein in bookin a date wit error msgs, can any1 giv me d numbers 4 dia customer services so l can call. D numbers dat l c on d site r nt connectin.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2011
omo men dat seme boarder whala is crazy,i got to the boarder at 9.30 am,i crossd so many gates stressfully,and had to bribe so many pple and finally i got to the eco bank,and wen a askd the western union man how to pay he told me dat i had to change it to ceffa(benin currency)wen i went outside to change it,you wouldnt believe wat happend, my money was remaining only 3000 naira to get it complete angry angry angry angry,and i swore for those pple that cclctd bribe from me and the okada man who carried me cuz i knew he cheatd me ,and i had to go bak home(wild goose chase)angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angryto another country for that matter(benin republique to nigeria) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.and oooohhhh less i 4get i met 1 nairaland member dere,a gal,she went to pay hers too
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2011
WARYZ:

omo men dat seme boarder whala is crazy,i got to the boarder at 9.30 am,i crossd so many gates stressfully,and had to bribe so many pple and finally i got to the eco bank,and wen a askd the western union man how to pay he told me dat i had to change it to ceffa(benin currency)wen i went outside to change it,you wouldnt believe wat happend, my money was remaining only 3000 naira to get it complete angry angry angry angry,and i swore for those pple that cclctd bribe from me and the okada man who carried me cuz i knew he cheatd me ,and i had to go bak home(wild goose chase)angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angryto another country for that matter(benin republique to nigeria) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.and oooohhhh less i 4get i met 1 nairaland member dere,a gal,she went to pay hers too

It is an evidence that it will come out successful. Anyways, it is one of those things.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 10:38pm On Jul 04, 2011
to those that are having problems booking an appointment, i heard from a source(i cant guarantee the credibilty o) that there was an attempt to hack the site about 3 weeks ago, and theyre trying to increase the site security by upgrading it, they said it ll be rectified before the end of this week. please i dont know how true this is, i heard it from someone and as a member of this thread, i just felt i should share it with you guys
and as for those that are filling ds 160 forms, you shouldnt worry about uploading passport. just go to any public place where they snap passport and tell them that you wanna snap 2 by 2 passport, or u can equally tell them u wanna take visa passport, they ll understand. go with 2 copies to the embassy when youre going for ur interview. the purpose of that passport is for them to use it to print ur visa when they issue it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 9:55am On Jul 05, 2011
@dizyfrenzy

Tanks 4d info. Bt my worries is dat, if dat is d case, aw cum oda ppl can book appointments bt a selection of few, if am correct. Am almost forced 2 pay anoda fee bt stil chillin.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
@house, my interview commenses 2morrow morning,still keep me in prayers. PEACE,OUT.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2011
cleverdude:

@house, my interview commenses 2morrow morning,still keep me in prayers.   PEACE,OUT.

Best of luck, 2mr is also myforumid3 interview at Abuja. I wish u guys come here and share ur success story.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2011
all those who are going for visa interview 2mao, may almighty God see u through and keep u away from the asian lady
NOTE:MY INABILITY TO SECURE THE F1 VISA DOES NOT MAKE A NON MEMBER OF THIS FORUM, I BLIV IN DESTINY,COZ DATS HOW GOD WANTS IT TO BE, STILL GOT MORE TO SHARE WID U GUYS, ONE LUV!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
shavel:

all those who are going for visa interview 2mao, may almighty God see u through and keep u away from the asian lady
NOTE:MY INABILITY TO SECURE THE F1 VISA DOES NOT MAKE A NON MEMBER OF THIS FORUM, I BLIV IN DESTINY,COZ DATS HOW GOD WANTS IT TO BE, STILL GOT MORE TO SHARE WID U GUYS, ONE LUV!

AMEN!!!
Wishing cleverdude and myforumid3 success in their interview tomorrow. May you obtain favour before your VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
Please I want to make an enquiry. My sponsor's Treasury Bill matures by 28th July but her current account carries a balance of about N160k. Please can I print the statement some days into August and take along for my interview of August 10. Also, do I go along with a copy of the investment certificate to show that the Treasury Bill matured and the money is now left in the current account or I go only with the new statement.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
thanks all for your prayers. Shall share my testimony 2moro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shema: 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2011
Gud day nls, Want y'all to help me on these, gotten an offer(Bsc) in an institution, and about getting an appointment. Want to know my chances with the v.o because I wrote my waec almost 10yrs ago. Thanx 4 ur swift response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.