Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,776 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:00 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (551860 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
@shema wot have u bin doin afta waec, sure we cn start 4rm dere
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lilchukky: 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
Meen guys i went ystday 2pay my sevis fee in benin, i went wit my frnd n i didnt knw he had 4gotten his intl passport n national id.he was held by d benin immigration mean while he was wit my money n d bike man tld him 2gv him so d immigration wont collect it frm him.i didnt knw abt dis bt afta a while i askd him 4d money n he said i shld get it frm d bike guy nt knwin d thief had remuvd 7k inside.wen i got 2d bank i found out dat i was short of 7k.i was glad i had xtra 10k wit me.anywhre guys b careful wen u get 2d board,thieves r many there,

Pls i was given a tracking code afta payin 4my sevis fee,hw can i get d receipt or wht next??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
i wish ll the house members having their interview good success. I hope u all come back to share the good news
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2011
GboyegaD:

Please I want to make an enquiry. My sponsor's Treasury Bill matures by 28th July but her current account carries a balance of about N160k. Please can I print the statement some days into August and take along for my interview of August 10. Also, do I go along with a copy of the investment certificate to show that the Treasury Bill matured and the money is now left in the current account or I go only with the new statement.

I guess it should, TBs are zero risk type of investment. Just try to get statement from when the investment was initiated till maturity and afterwards. If the investment was a rolled over investment you could as well ask that the statement be printed from that period. In that case, you will be good to tell the VO that the fund was invested specifically for your studies and dont forget to go with the investment certifcates.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2011
cleverdude and myforumid3,

God be with you guys. So, you guys should go and get your visas tomorrow. No question!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lailai2(m): 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2011
cleverdude and myforumid3, all the best,

@myforumid3, tried pinging you to wish you good luck, guess you are zoned in now. . . .wish ya success

@house, about the emergency appointment date, i submitted a request for one and it was just approved today but they didnt give me ant specific procedure to know or book the specific date they just approved for me. When i logged back to my appointment application ,there was nothing new there, the main options available to me was just to cancel my previous appointment. Am I supposed to cancel that before i notice the results of my approved request?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
Hi Guys, hope u r all doing well. @myforumid3 & cleverdude, pls u guys should go for ur visa interview 2moro & come back with a testimony, we will rejoice with you. God will grant u victory in Jesus name, Amen!

A quick question tho, do i need to present a copy of my i-20 & int'l passport to be able to pay for the SEVIS fee at ECo bank Cotonou?, someone told me it is required, is it true?, I need to go pay mine soon
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Yahaya: 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
ok
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EHI2019: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ cleverdude and myforumid3 wishing u God's favour tomorrow.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jamsmither: 4:11am On Jul 06, 2011
@lai-lai,pls kindly tell me how u book emergence appointment,av bin trying to schedule one cuz my traveling date is 23rd of july and there site saying error since a month nw,bt hoping to bonk emergence appntmt.if we can talk on phone pls let me av ur digit.it ulgent.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jamsmither: 4:19am On Jul 06, 2011
@lai-lai,kindly pls tell me how u bookd for emergence appointment date,av bin aving pblm to schedule normal appointment bt there site saying error 4 abt a month nw,and my travel date is on 23rd of july and never get interview date,i want to apply 4 emergence appointment so help me wit it,if i can talk to u on phone,pls let me av ur digit number.mine is08063895834.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lailai2(m): 4:33am On Jul 06, 2011
Jamsmither:

@lai-lai,kindly pls tell me how u bookd for emergence appointment date,av bin aving pblm to schedule normal appointment bt there site saying error 4 abt a month nw,and my travel date is on 23rd of july and never get interview date,i want to apply 4 emergence appointment so help me wit it,if i can talk to u on phone,pls let me av your digit number.mine is08063895834.

@jamsmither, you have to go through the normal appointment procedure first and get a date which i assumed you have done, then you return back to the application interface and on the left of the page you will see 'request expedited appointment' among the options. Click it and complete the request form where you will be asked for your reason and also to submit one document as evidence(i submitted a scanned copy of my I-20 showing the date i was supposed to have arrived in the school i hope to study).

You can also check out the procedure on the 'ustraveldocs' website by clicking 'apply for an expedited appointment'
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jamsmither: 8:24am On Jul 06, 2011
@lai-lai,my purpose of travelling is 4 conference.and i read nt to apply 4 emergence appointment for dat reason.i dnt kn wat to do nw.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 9:17am On Jul 06, 2011
@Jamsmither

I feel ur pain, l made d fee payment ova a month ago, it was very easy 4 me 2 view appointments den bt few weeks ago, its bin disturbin. If l dont get any solution by dis week end, l wil av 2 pay a new fee and register al ova again, hopin dat wil work. We wil mak it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 9:47am On Jul 06, 2011
For those of you going for interview this week. . . . make una come with good news o o o o o.

i don't want to hear story of chinko or japanese woman again since all of una don no am.

I wish you all the Da best .

Goodluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2011
great nairalanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, myforumid got his visa this morning at the abuja consulate, praise thy lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:08am On Jul 06, 2011
please tell the guy make he send me Airtel 500 naira oooooooo

myforumd am happy 4 you oooooooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lailai2(m): 11:39am On Jul 06, 2011
Congrats myforumid3
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 11:42am On Jul 06, 2011
shavel:

great nairalanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, myforumid got his visa this morning at the abuja consulate, praise thy lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Shavel. I just saw his chat that I should update NL that he got his VISA. God is faithful. Together we shall make it this fall.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2011
I thank God for myforumid. I'm still waiting for cleverdude's report. Our ever perfect God will never fail us all and I shall come out  successful too when its my own turn. Amen!

However, I hope it was the standard deviation loving V.O that interviewed him and was left with no deuce by nairalander myforumid. Whoever it was, its now

US Embassy 0
NL Member 1
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
syndikate:

@Jamsmither

I feel your pain, l made d fee payment ova a month ago, it was very easy 4 me 2 view appointments den bt few weeks ago, its bin disturbin. [B]If l dont get any solution by dis week end, l wil av 2 pay a new fee and register al ova again, hopin dat wil work.[/B] We wil mak it.

From your previous assumptions, what has unable to schedule date got to do with your paid visa fee? Am I missing sometime here.

The visa fee is valid for one year once you've gone the interview that all I know. I paid my on 16th of June and i'm still expecting my I-20 without any worry. Also, the site being down for some time is for my favor. lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
imperiouxx:

From your previous asumptions, what has unable to schedule date got to do with your paid visa fee? Am I missing sometime here.

The visa fee is valid for one year once you've gone the interview that all I know. I[b] paid my on 16th of June and i'm still expecting my I-20 without any worry. Also, the site being down for some time is for my favor.[/b] lol

That is the spirit. When is your resumption date?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
GboyegaD:

That is the spirit. When is your resumption date?

Its August 24. Very close se?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2011
imperiouxx:

Its August 24. Very close se?

Close but you can also attempt the expedite option. Though my lectures commences August 24th as well but International Office requires us to arrive by August 16th but we can ask that it be deferred for graduate student since my orientation comes up on the 23rd. I know we shall make it God willing.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
GboyegaD:

[B]Close but you can also attempt the expedite option.[/B] Though my lectures commences August 24th as well but International Office requires us to arrive by August 16th but we can ask that it be deferred for graduate student since my orientation comes up on the 23rd. [B]I know we shall make it God willing.[/B]

Sure, thats the only option I think I got once I have my I-20.

Second bolded, SURE!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2011
hey guys, Sorry i havent been able to post here for the past 3 days, I am nysc camp now and the network is horrible, Am really happy for myforumid o, I beg make im post im interview experience so others can gain from it,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2011
My point is, my MRV is tied 2 d username l applied wit just lik every oda applicant dat has filled dat category 2 view d dates and since oda applicants especially dos who made payment after me can view and book appointment dates, it implies dat if l make anoda payment, l can fill d i-160 form again and proceed 2 book an appointment, do u guys get my point?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
Ok syndy. I'm clear.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jamsmither: 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2011
@syndikate,i dnt understnd what ure saying,are u saying we shuld try to pay another visa fee in other to book for appointment date,bt remember i av nt usd d receipt number givng to me @ GTB.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jayb(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
@house, i was bounced! My school resumes on 22nd aug. Can i still book b4 then 4 my second, will post my experience later!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shema: 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2011
@gbaski thanx 4 d response, went for computer training and av bn trading( a mobile boutique) along side,

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.