Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,141 members, 7,835,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546858 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2011
@coolgb,

Sure! Same for TOEFL.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kafng: 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2011
Pardon my barging in,i know this thread is meant for US student application but since this is the closest i can get to my getting answers to my inquiries,i'll make it here anyway.

I'd like to find out what are the possible questions a couple that intends to visit the US will be asked.I intend applying for US visa in the next 3 months(guess i have to book an appointment now?) and will like to know what the proccesses are and what we may likely face in the area of questioning.

I will really appreciate all good responses.

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by williams20(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2011
Please can someone help me with the procedures for applying for a green card. from f1 status.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by moonraker(m): 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2011
kafng:

Pardon my barging in,i know this thread is meant for US student application but since this is the closest i can get to my getting answers to my inquiries,i'll make it here anyway.

I'd like to find out what are the possible questions a couple that intends to visit the US will be asked.I intend applying for US visa in the next 3 months(guess i have to book an appointment now?) and will like to know what the proccesses are and what we may likely face in the area of questioning.

I will really appreciate all good responses.

Thanks

you will be fine if u hv the ffg

1. proof that they are a couple.

2. evidence of cash from both parties

3. letter from your place of work showing yur holiday time, salary earned and how long you have worked for that company.

questioning is usually straight forward. just be calm and answer the questions well,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2011
williams20:

Please can someone help me with the procedures for applying for a green card. from f1 status.

If you start from how you intend to change the status maybe people can help with suggestions
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:32am On Sep 09, 2011
williams20:

You can do that in two ways. . .

1. marry a US citizen - very straightforward, you get a temporary green card for 2 yrs and if your marriage is still ok after that, it becomes permanent.

2. Get a great job that will file for you.

You cannot, on your own, apply for a green card.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
elewedu:

I just got an admission denial today from New Mexico tech  for MSc environmental Chemistry. I had a a score of 1290 and 98 in GRE and TOEFL respectively and their requirement was 1000 and 79 respectively, so am still amiss as to why I was denied. Please can anyone in the house give me advice on safe schools with funding that I can apply to with my profile for fall 2012 admission. I finished with 3.60, and have 2 years experience in a cement manufacturing company as Quality Assurance Officer. Please I need to pursue my masters asap, to further my career and start life early, time don dey go for me ooooo, ma babe one marry.

imperiouxx:

First bold: Check the admission rate of the school that denied you, you'll see is competitive, so the admission goes to the highest bidders. There are many criteria that warrant that.

Admission consideration goes beyond meeting their stated requirements (GRE and TOEFL scores), your letters of recommendation and statement of purpose are also very important, pay a lot of attention to them when you apply again. The admission rate also matters like Imperiouxx pointed out. Goodluck to u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2011
williams20:

Just go to any USCIS office and tell them that you are tired of your F1 Status that you need a Green Card Tipa Tipa.

if they don't give you. just tell them say you get Bomb for hand. dem go give you sharp sharp. From Xperience
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Olami1224: 8:47am On Sep 10, 2011
Hello nairalanders I need Schools (universities) in USA and CANADA, I wanna apply and get addmission letter to process Visa. Please any information will be apprecaited am a fresher and I don't hve any idea on how to apply. I need you help. Sodiqonas@yahoo.com is my mail.

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2011
Olami1224:

Hello nairalanders I need Schools (universities) in USA and CANADA, I wanna apply and get addmission letter to process Visa. Please any information will be apprecaited am a fresher and I don't hve any idea on how to apply. I need you help. Sodiqonas@yahoo.com is my mail.

Thanks

Google is your friend.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2011
USBound:

@djunit1@ Imperiouxx :Thanks for the advice. I am grateful.

@HOUSE: I want to thank you all for your support, counsel and support. I'm now in the US with my new friends and room mates who are also classmates. I do not believe I could I have made it without this thread. I am grateful. Now, it's time for business - school- and I'm looking for more nairalanders in my city. May God bless all our efforts with SUCCESS. Thank you all.

it is a wonderful thing beign here in the US however, their lifestyle is totally different. Unlike our communal lifestyle where you want to know who your neighbour is and the likes here, you are on your own.
The best we can do is to encourage as many that we know who would want to come study abroad to do so because it is a wonderful experience and there are facilities to aid your studies.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 3:11am On Sep 11, 2011
@House, when spring applicants should be expecting their I-20 this year from their various schools in the united states cos a friend of mine is worried, glad he has being introduced to NL lately.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:33am On Sep 11, 2011
Tosinville:

@House, when spring applicants should be expecting their I-20 this year from their various schools in the united states cos a friend of mine is worried, glad he has being introduced to NL lately.

S/He should be expecting it any moment from now. Some have been getting theirs. Mine would be mailed this week, though I've gotten my admission letter which was mailed separately. I was told they held it up till now because of the busy fall registration.

@gboyega,

Sup? How are you coping. Others no even rememba here again just to say ''hi house''. Se na studies don quickly dey intense like that?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2011
imperiouxx:

S/He should be expecting it any moment from now. Some have been getting theirs. Mine would be mailed this week, though I've gotten my admission letter which was mailed separately. I was told they held it up till now because of the busy fall registration.

@gboyega,

Sup? How are you coping. Others no even rememba here again just to say ''hi house''. Se na studies don quickly dey intense like that?
GboyegaD:

it is a wonderful thing beign here in the US however, their lifestyle is totally different. Unlike our communal lifestyle where you want to know who your neighbour is and the likes here, you are on your own.
The best we can do is to encourage as many that we know who would want to come study abroad to do so because it is a wonderful experience and there are facilities to aid your studies.
My friend GboyegaD is right.
@imperioux, you ve really kept the house going. God go grant you your VISA so you go come join us here sharp sharp. We still dey check the house oh inspite of our busy schedule and intense coursework. you know say e go take time for us wey finish undergrad for 9ja to blend to everything here, but we thank God for the fast progress we ve made so far.
Truly, Life and studies here dey awesome.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2011
myforumid3:

My friend GboyegaD is right.
@imperioux, you ve really kept the house going. God go grant you your VISA so you go come join us here sharp sharp. We still dey check the house oh inspite of our busy schedule and intense coursework. you know say e go take time for us wey finish undergrad for 9ja to blend to everything here, but we thank God for the fast progress we ve made so far.
Truly, Life and studies here dey awesome.

Thanks mehn, by God's grace I'm resuming with you guys by Jan 11.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2011
^^Thanks man, i really appreciate your info.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2011
Tosinville:

^^Thanks man, i really appreciate your info.

Guy say the truth . . .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2011
YES! I second that. SAY THE GODDAMNED TRUTH that you won't die!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lilchukky: 8:29am On Sep 13, 2011
pls what r d steps 2tak while reapply for visa.apart from the visa fee,what else do one has 2do?? Do d persn nid a new statement of acct,ds160 etc,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 3:13am On Sep 14, 2011
Hi Folks,

A friend had his B.Eng in Electrical Engineering from the University of Ibadan, he graduated with a second class Lower ( 2.6 WES Conversion) and has a GRE scores of 1280. He needs suggestions about Universities that can offer him admission for a Master degree in Petroleum Engineering considering his "low' gpa. He told me he'd already applied to 3 schools but was denied admission.

All suggestions/advice are welcome.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2011
If you need to monitor US appointment page without stress (being in front of computer 24/7), there is an application called check4change, an addon on monzilla. When installed on computer and ask to monitor a page for a certain change (in this case, only the calender page and you highlight the month you wish to monitor) with the timer set, it does the work with the alarm or sound goes off. This alert you even when you are not on the monitored tab( the page under monitoring will pop up and won't change until you check the new discovery) or in front of the computer but in the room. I used this for an online game many years ago though a cheat to the game but good to checkmate extortionists and bot users ( I hate them).

Also check this out from someone on another thread but check4change is much better than that because of its sounds which you can also change to suite your desire.

determined:

FOR THOSE OF YOU FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO GET A US  VISA APPOINTMENT DATE, AND FOR THOSE OF YOU EXTORTING PEOPLE TO HELP GET A US APPOINTMENT DATE, HERE IS MY SECRET:

You can use an automatic refresher page like:

http://www.refreshthing.com

in another tab, just log in normally and when you get to the appointment page, copy the page address and place it in the refreshthing website. set the refresh time to about 7 seconds. so every 7 seconds, the page refreshes itself. but you need to keep an eye on it because like i said, the calenders may show for just 5 seconds or less, so you have to be really fast.

Then again, if you don't have the time and patience to do this, just pay the EXTORTIONISTS.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2011
OjaP

No University will offer an Electrical Engineering graduate a direct admission to study for a Masters degree in Petroleum Engineering. That is common sense. There is no way that the prerequisites could have been satisfied. Being a present graduate student, you should have told him that straightaway. You should not have come here for an answer.

The solution: applications for MS Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering stand better chances of positive considerations.

Goodluck to you & your friend!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ Ojap: Let him go for an electrical aspect of Petroleum Engineering, at least I've heard of Refinery Design - B.S Electrical Engineering should be eligible for that plus more. More google research can do it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 3:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ aroy1,

That is untrue. The last time I checked, most universities will offer admission to all applicants with a first degree in any Engineering major, not even when you now have a working experience in that field which I think may give my friend a upper hand. All he need do is just take the prerequisites for maybe one year upon enrollment and he will be fine.

With my first degree in Geology, I was offered a provisional admission in Petroleum Engineering in 2010 but chose to go with Petroleum Geology which I have a passion for. I have seen Petroleum Engineering graduate students with first degrees in Mathematics,Physics,Geology etc. If in doubt, check the department catalogues of the UCLA, University of Houston,Louisiana State University and some other universities that offer the programme.

His first degree is not an issue but his low GPA which is counting against him. For record purpose, such programs like Geology or Petroleum Engineering do not need you to have a first degree in that subject area before been offered a graduate admission. They just require you to have a very strong background in Calculus,Physics,Chemistry,Biology and Mathematics. All deficiencies will be made up in your first through your second year of enrollment as the case may be. All future applicants, please take note.

@ USBound

You are on point. That makes sense alot.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2011
Am glad you guys still keep this going. After several days of trying to adapt to thier environment here, i think am well adapted now. I have really missed you guys.
US is great place to be but when you are making decision to come here, please ensure that you choose a state where you know atleast one person; that can realy help
while settling down, it is not compulsory though. But for me, hotel bill nearly cutt off my throught because i dont know anyone in this particular state that i had to stay in an hotel for almost two
weeks.
Well that is just my own experience
Best of luck to those seeking visa for spring 2012. Stay close to this thread and we shall see you here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 2:03am On Sep 15, 2011
OjaP:

@ aroy1,

That is untrue. The last time I checked, most universities will offer admission to all applicants with a first degree in any Engineering major, not even when you now have a working experience in that field which I think may give my friend a upper hand. All he need do is just take the prerequisites for maybe one year upon enrollment and he will be fine.

With my first degree in Geology, I was offered a provisional admission in Petroleum Engineering in 2010 but chose to go with Petroleum Geology which I have a passion for. I have seen Petroleum Engineering graduate students with first degrees in Mathematics,Physics,Geology etc. If in doubt, check the department catalogues of the UCLA, University of Houston,Louisiana State University and some other universities that offer the programme.

His first degree is not an issue but his low GPA which is counting against him. For record purpose, such programs like Geology or Petroleum Engineering do not need you to have a first degree in that subject area before been offered a graduate admission. They just require you to have a very strong background in Calculus,Physics,Chemistry,Biology and Mathematics. All deficiencies will be made up in your first through your second year of enrollment as the case may be. All future applicants, please take note.

@ USBound

You are on point. That makes sense alot.

Another way out - tell the guy to apply for Msc in a school that offers pet engrg and after admission and registration he should switch major.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Quads: 3:16am On Sep 15, 2011
Hi everyone, are there any naira lander in graduate school in UT Arlington? came in this fall and would want to connect with them. By the way am new to the forum. Good job guys!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2011
@House is there a way i can get a date btw NOV and DEC please update
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:46am On Sep 16, 2011
Adolite:

When is the available dates for now? If only you have a stable internet and personal computer then you can try use that addon to monitor the page for like 2 - 3 hrs in the mid night. I need date too around Oct ending or Nov.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 7:58am On Sep 16, 2011
@ those that have gotten their visa

please i have been denied 3 times for associate studies and i m now 24yrs old , i recently got an admission into 3 universities in the Us again for undergraduate , please do i have chance of getting my Visa issued this time , i am going in for the fall term , and how long does te MRV receipt is valid for .

please swift reply is needed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 8:23am On Sep 16, 2011
[/color][/size]
[size=8pt]
[color=#006600]

When is the available dates for now? If only you have a stable internet and personal computer then you can try use that addon to monitor the page for like 2 - 3 hrs in the mid night. I need date too around Oct ending or Nov

@ Imperiousxx

Am only seen January oooo, I have stable internet, i do check it on my phone also,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2011
@adolite,

Ok, you still need to monitor it well. If not till mid Oct, ED would be the final option.

@rowlandoo,

sup? It's ok now that you've gotten uni admission. Don't mind your age but be sure that you would be asked what you've been doing in Nigeria since you left sec sch. Your MVR valid for only one year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.