Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Can A Woman Propose To A Man? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Woman Propose To A Man? (15114 Views)

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? / Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 12:07am On Oct 05, 2006
wonders abeg.
so mi people still perish for lack of comon sense.

Radiant gal, mi no bi woman as yu think oh. mi na full grown matured single man.
i don hear, i don see. i don experience am too. woman de propose man even for 9jar. i don get many wey toast mi. i also don get many wey propse mi. but i no see or call them mumu. i only tactically said NO. because to mi i wasnt ready (just lika a woman would say No to a man all because she isnt ready yet). to prov you wrong. i didnt exploit them. i never took advantage of them. never made any of them misrable. an to crown it all. i have always,even to date been their good "brother" because i became more than a friend.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by lekank: 9:45am On Oct 05, 2006
nigerias are turning the world unside down,how can you even marry a lady that proposee to you.men the relationship can not last.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2006
fresh b, oh sorry i didn't know u were male. How would i know when u talk like a female and no sex status indicated undecided
I hear u well my brother. I refuse to buy ur torri until i hear from all them girls. So u can marry a woman who proposes to u when u ready to get married
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by S1mpson(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2006
Why not cool cool cool,if a man can go all out to propose 2 a woman he wants den a woman can also do d same,afterall "what is good 4 d goose is also good 4 d gander".But becareful d way u go about it so as not to look cheap 2 d man in question.it's all good grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by S1mpson(m): 10:57am On Oct 05, 2006
Why not cool cool cool cool,if a man can go all out 2 propose 2 a woman he wants,a woman can also do d same,afterall,"what is good 4 d goose is also good 4 d gander". 8 grin grin grin.But becareful d way u go about it so as not 2 look cheap 2 d man in question wink wink wink wink wink.It's all good cool smiley cool cool cool
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by vanariso(m): 11:37am On Oct 05, 2006
PLS KINDLY NOTE THAT ALL THE FOLLOWING COMMENTS RIGHT BELOW MINE ARE COMMENTS BY MATES THAT ALLIGN WITH MINE.I WILL SAY ITS WITHIN ISLAMIC JURISPUNDENCE FOR A LADY TO PROPOSE TO A MAN SO FAR THEY DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.INFACT,PROPHET MOHAMMED WAS PROPOSED TO BY HIS WIFE KHADIJAT.ITS JUST THAT PEOPLE ALWAYS FOLLOW TRENDS WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING BASIC KNOWLEDGE.AND BECAUSE A THING IS RAMPANT AND WELL EMBRACED DOESNT MEAN IT IS RIGHT AND THUS AN OBLIGATION/STANDARD.IF A LADY PROPOSE TO A MAN,ITS NO HASSLE ATLEAST MEN HAVE RIGHTS TO PROPOSE TO LADIES, WHY IS IT WRONG FOR A LADIES.

? I think the book of etiquette, or romance need to be updated, if it hasnt been. Women can also go on bended knees and propose too. I read Halle Berry did the same for her then husband, David Justice.

I see it happen all the time. women proposing to men. Guys haven't you been in a relationship and the girl keeps asking when you are going to take her to the altar even when you haven't asked her to marry you That's it.

Its ok for a woman to propose, true love is all that matters

It's quite ok for girls to propose so far it's their choice. Nothing wrong

why not? as long as u've got the nerves, u might as well.

And I think a queen should choose her prince - like Elizabeth II did.

hmm Pink did it.

We hear of some women desperate to get married, and when the right guy comes along, they stall, because the man is expected to fulfil his traditional obligations. But what if he chooses not to propose to you, because we are living in the 21st centurty, what would you do? Break of the relationship in search of a traditional man who would do the proposal, complete with a carat diamond engagement ring? How about you do it since we live in the 21st century? I think the book of etiquette, or romance need to be updated, if it hasnt been. Women can also go on bended knees and propose too. I read Halle Berry did the same for her then husband, David Justice.

There is nothing undignifying of a woman to do the proposal, neither does it spell desperation to me. If love compels you to do so, then go for it.

Cheers.

There is nothing wrong in a girl proposing to a guy, but to so many people, it's not ideal.
In the real sense, if girls won't propose if truly in love with a guy, that might just restrict their choice.
So i feel it should be encouraged since love involves both the guy and the lady.

I see nothing wrong with it - they do it in India and I admire a woman that got guts.

we all think, "its unnatural" for woman to propose man only if she no get money or if she look good for only datin.
But when the pepper rest from her side or her beauty pass mummy water own, man no go even remember say she first propose.

the problem is only psychological. and this comes only and if YOU the MAN are a prostitute.
But if you love you woman for who she was & is, and what she was & is. then you will never imagine who did the proposal.

Anyway, if you don't lika it that she proposed, then , don't also accept her money, kisses hands and, , whenever she givs them to you first. SAY NO TO HER UNTIL YOU DO EVERYTHING 1st.

na today

they ai'nt nothing wrong with it just depends on how they both see it themselves

Fools am married for 40 years now and if i told you my wife toasted me you wouldn't believe. its the love that matters if she likes you she walks up to you and ladies you feel you are so cheap when it comes to that it because of African mentality may God help africans ohhhh. Amen Girls Go Go for who you want.

If u can ask him out y can't u ask him to marry you? to me it is not a sign of weakness it is a symbol of how strong of a girl u are.
some guys are slow and need to be asked out. If u want that romantic proposal setting, u can bring up the idea and let him do the rest. just make sure he's not too young because immaturity can set in because guys dread commitment.

Na there i talk reach.

Id love it so much if all you jew guys could differenciate between 'asking a man out' and being 'desperate for marriage'?

if not for mi job-no-pay, I shouldnt really waste mi time on this simple issue.
IT IS A STEREOTYPE DISEASE that infects narrow thinkin men and women.
For how long should a woman die silently in front of her love all because she wants to PRETEND to be a woman.
every woman should go ahead an pick their choices as well. or is it a sin?

Yes a woman can propose to a man depending on the situation existing at the time. all this talk of its not the norm, this one that one has been on for a long time and has not carried us very far.

To all you successful ladies in the house (and success is not always about money), don't let the one you secretly admire pass you by especially if he is the mature type or you will have to look back with regret when he'll say - "i was really waiting for the green light but since it remained on ember for too long i thought there was a malfunction so i drove off"

It depends on how close u are.Its no big deal.But i know its not just like "will u marry me?"

My friend was 22 and her boyfriend was 28.She just finished school and was with her parents in Port Harcourt.
The guy came most weekends to see her and on one of his trips back to Lagos,they were cuddling at the airport and the girl was crying as usual
and just told him,
"Instead of u to be taking the risks and running around every weekend,shouldn't we just marry and be 2gether 4ever?"
That was it.They are married now with three kids somewhere in UK on a United Nations assignment.

The guy said it was her innocence at the proposal that "tripped" him.

Ladies we mustn't always pre-plan things or act like we are this or that i always say this to friends.Be yourself and just live life!

It is Possible and it is some how islamical provided both of you will not commit adultery

i don't see anything wrong wit it
its not our culture

A woman can propose to a Man if she Love The man Straight from the Heart,But I Think This is Common In europe with white Ladies Expecially In Madrid,where a Lady can Just walk up to you and Propose to you.
If your Girl propose to you,Ride On men The world is Yours.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

i sence no crime in such case. if she actually appreciate u from her mind and wish u spend the rest of your days with her, n u find some things in her that u ve often wish to ve in any woman of your choice, then go ahead and accept the proposal. for if mountain did not go to Mohamed, He should go to mountain. so put it into consideration.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2006
BULLSHYT!!!
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by simmy(m): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2006
@radiant
Bullshyt to what!!?!?!?! ; tongue

ARe women equal to men? or are men superior to women?
If women are the equals of men, then theres no reason y a woman cannot and should not propose to a man, but if men are superior to women, then it follows that ONLY men should propose to women,
Women should stop contradicting themselves and get a life!
I intend to propose to my wifey when the time comes  but if she beats me to it,  y the hell not!!!
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2006
@simmy, again I repeat, BULLSHYT!!! tongue
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by waffistyle(m): 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2006
who said
simmy:

@radiant
Bullshyt to what!!?!?!?! ; tongue

ARe women equal to men? or are men superior to women?
If women are the equals of men, then theres no reason y a woman cannot and should not propose to a man, but if men are superior to women, then it follows that ONLY men should propose to women,
Women should stop contradicting themselves and get a life!
I intend to propose to my wifey when the time comes but if she beats me to it, y the hell not!!!
who said women were equal to men in marriage?, is your father answering your mothers family name please?
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by waffistyle(m): 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2006
:oor you could just pick your to be wifes fathers name to be your surname after the marriage, just to prove the point that women are equal to men, or what do you think?
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by simmy(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2006
waffi, enuff women keep there own names these days, making a compound name
eg?, okonji-iwealla
or did u think thats her hubby's full name?
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by waffistyle(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2006
it would soon get to the time when the headship of the family would be by democracy, , your wife might win and be the head of the family, and you would be required to submit, and be submissive, that would be cool right tongue
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by waffistyle(m): 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2006
what name does her children answer?, her children answer just Iweala, and why did the Okonjo come before the Iweala? why not Iweala-Okonjo?, her husband does not answer Okonjo at all. he answers only Iweala, na Iwaela marry Okonjo no be the reverse,
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2006
lol
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by waffistyle(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2006
well me don marry, i get wife and daughter, na me propose to my wife, pay her bride price, kneel down with my family to beg her papa for her hand in marriage, pay basically the larger part of all the bills, she moved to my own house, not me to hers, i also now make it my responsibilty to provide fully for the family that is my pride, that is why i work my ass out every day, i dont make my budgets for my home, with her salary in mind, though i must confess she spends her money also at her voilition,on things she knows i dont accept as required or where not priorities to me,
this is the challenge of manhood, all men should take the challenge, a man must take the lead, that is our God given role,
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2006
waffy thank u jare. I wonder if a woman proposes to a man, if she'll pay his bride price and be the bread winner of the family. LMAO I'll like to attend such ceremony shocked grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by CrazyMan(m): 6:44pm On Oct 05, 2006
Radiant:

waffy thank u jare. I wonder if a woman proposes to a man, if she'll pay his bride price and be the bread winner of the family. LMAO I'll like to attend such ceremony shocked grin

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2006
@ radiant
fresh b, oh sorry i didn't know u were male. How would i know when u talk like a female and no sex status indicated
I hear u well my brother. I refuse to buy your torri until i hear from all them girls. So u can marry a woman who proposes to u when u ready to get married

babgal, how do you mean mi talked lika a female?
anyway, sorry to them bush men that would propose but wouldnt be the home supplier.
na how to propose an claim manhood you can but lazy to get the food an cater for the family.

Baby radiant, yu never ready yet. wen time com you go no. no long tori for even service
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by kimba(m): 11:52pm On Oct 05, 2006
@raphy
Hi all,

I just can't stand it.  This babe walked up to me and started telling what I didn't expect.  She said she is single and looking for a hubby.   I don't know what to do, but now we are friends anyway.

But can a woman propose to a man?  I need your advise all.

As per your case, if I were you, I wont consider her actions a proposal. She was looking for a hubby, and now you're her hubby. Continue the friendship. Please.

Your using of the word "propose": if its a first timer "hey, I like you, lets go out", kind of I don't consider that one a proposal, could just be an invitation to loosen up a little. Any girl that considers a guy walking up to her and saying hi, hello etc, a proposal doesnt know where shes going, how much more for a guys head to be swelling just because of what some girl said??

On the other hand, a guy and a girl in a serious relationship, and if everything is all good and ok, , theres the trust, commitment, confidence, honesty and love vice-versa, honestly, I don't think theres nothing wrong with the girl asking the guy, hey, whats up, when are u taking me to the altar, are we or not, where are we going - together, at least, if that would wake up the sleeping giant in the guy,

Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you shall find. Thats the fact of this life.

If anyone in this century thinks its inappropriate for a girl to propose, or lets say plainly make the first move in a healthy relationship, at least to get things into a higher level, that person is still in the stone ages.

If you want something, go get it. Kaput. Is there any where it is written in the whole world that the man should always propose to the woman. Most of such believes are all traditional, and tradition is a usual enemy to common-sense.

So girls, if you see what you want go for it.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2006
Hi guys

My name is Ntochi. and I live in Abuja. It's good to be part of this. I don't think there is any thing wrong in proposing to a man. Lots of men find it difficult to make up their mind. By proposing we are only helping them do that. grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by lovely28(f): 9:16am On Oct 06, 2006
I wouldn't really call that a proposel, because maybe that girl was just feeling bad at that particular time, and simply needed somebody to talk to. I'm sure there're any other reasons why she did what she did to you, but going back to your question. "Can A Woman Propose To A Man?" Though I totally dissagree, it is very possible. There're lots of shamless women out there who don't give a damn about any other women's reputation. Now that I find very spoiling and disgracing " Bad Women Have just Spoiled Good Women" don't y'all agree?
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by acidrop(f): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2006
i can never do it, no matter how hot the man is looking
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2006
ok ok ok! To make the English simpler, yes a woman can propose to a man but a woman shouldn't do that.I for one will never do that. I stand to maintain my worth as a radiantly well esteemed young lady. kiss If na pride, 4 una pocket there tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Poodle(m): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2006
Is seduction not a way women employ in proposing? "THE GREEN LIGHT" This subtle act is what most times prompts a man to make the move, whatever his motives are.

In my book, I love a woman that knows what she wants and goes for it. Only confident women can do this.

Both parties propose, men just do the talking, an expression of what the woman really wants.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2006
it's the "talking" we talking about now wink Even if we both tease each other about marriage, there's that moment when a man needs to be sure of what he owns and will get serious and ask you the question. Not necessarily going on his knees and all dat. Some sense of seriousness is expected from him. kiss
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Waleade2(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2006
I dont see any big deal on it. girl can propose to man.atimes it can coincide.A-mean in a situation whereby a man has being in love with a lady, but he didn,t know how to xpress his feelings to her in the first place.And both of them attend the same church or work together in an organisation.   wink
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2006
then he ain't man enough baby. I need a man not a toy. wink
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Waleade2(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2006
It even better for woman to make a move. There some guys that do feel shy.But in a situation where a lady is looking at you, all the time,laughing & seducing you. Is not part of the move.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2006
Wale sweetie, come up with something stronger. aii? Shyyy Gosh! what's that? grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2006
Radiant gal, you no sey yu get bad mouth small oh.
i no no your age. maybe na your age be the problem. yu no sabi sey, some aunties dey wey bi sey the something hook them welu welu. de only quadratic solution na to propose to a sweet guy.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by CrazyMan(m): 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2006
Wale_ade:

It even better for woman to make a move. There some guys that do feel shy.But in a situation where a lady is looking at you, all the time,laughing & seducing you. Is not part of the move.

you are Right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Different Types Of Ladies In Bed (before, During And After) / 9 Way To Enjoy Ur Woman Breast (nauthy Weekend 18+) / Men Should Take Note, This Is What Women Are Up To Now. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.