Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Can A Woman Propose To A Man? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Woman Propose To A Man? (15116 Views)

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? / Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2007
where would be her pride as a lady?
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Ndipe(m): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2007
Same pride that would make her remain a spinster@thoniaslim
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2007
funny
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by boyalinco: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2007
only an immature man would refer to the fact that its the woman that did the proposin,no matter how heated the argument might be.like its been said its not an african thing,so anything thats foreign to us,might b abused
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2007
lol grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by jaybaby(f): 12:30am On Jan 04, 2007
Hmmmm Yes a woman can --If U see he is not talking abt it--U ask him urself,even give him a ring self grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by McKren(m): 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2007
only an immature man would refer to the fact that its the woman that did the proposin,no matter how heated the argument might be.like its been said its not an african thing,so anything thats foreign to us,might b abused

Girls do tactical or indirect proposition in Nigeria, and then allow you to do the formal thing which is to give them the ring.
C'mon why not? its alowed grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by boyalinco: 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2007
@mckren hmmmn,is that so?must be outta touch,pls fill me in and tell me how they do this indirectly.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by OgaMadam(f): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2007
Mcren, i agree, the only way she should do it is if its undercover. A woman should never do it directly its a shame.

find a tricky way to bring him to his knees
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Ndipe(m): 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2007
What a man can do, a woman can do it better, so they say. So ladies, either you prostrate or kneel down and propose marriage to your boyfriend when you have the urge to get married.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2007
Ndipe, you sure took overdose this time .
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 1:41am On Jan 06, 2007
@ Ndipe

What a man can do, a woman can do it better, so they say. So ladies, either you prostrate or kneel down and propose marriage to your boyfriend when you have the urge to get married.

Or
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Ndipe(m): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2007
OR remain single if the man harbors the mindset that he, and not the lady should be wooed into getting married. wink
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by solo2(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2007
There is nothing wrong in a woman asking a man for married, If both of you love each other, it is aright.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Honeypot1(m): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2007
Ladies should bury their pride and wrong cultural norms and take the bull by the horn before it escapes them once again in 2007

One of my new year resolutions is to discard my playa cloak and get married this year, provided the lady proposes to me on her knees, crying me a river, pledging her undying love grin grin

Just imagine the thrill as u grill her heart and distill true love from her deepest self with effortless skill grin

Anyway, whether a man or the woman proposes, the most important thing is equal commitment/interest from both sides
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by fellow(m): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2007
Definitely. And its not something new nowadays you see it everywhere
ThoniaSlim:

where would be her pride as a lady?

Well it's not a matter of pride thoniaslim, its a matter of getting what she wants before its runs away from her. I would prefer a girl who likes me to tell straight to my face if i didn't catch her clue. By the way there are a million and one ways to show a guy you like him without you coming directly to ask him out. Ya feel me!
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2007
Bla bla bla. . .
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by nazzyon(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2007
Cilization brought all these craps. It doesn't work that way in the ages.

And even if it does, if a lady to propose to me, I will just throw-up.

Because it is insane, Better to show affection than to open your mouth and splill it out.

I don't think it is a goood Idea.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 12:09am On Jan 10, 2007
nazzyon:

Because it is insane, Better to show affection than to open your mouth and splill it out.

hehehe grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by sammyjl(f): 9:23am On Jan 11, 2007
undecidedAern't we all fighting for gender equality. Nothing surprises me in today's world.

By the way, pride aint nothing when it comes to matters of the heart.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by toyboy1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2007
men marry women not the other way round. women only GET MARRIED to men.
that should tell who to propose cheesy
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 1:19pm On Jan 11, 2007
see yu, your sentence is wrong
its the other way round
"he is married to a blablabla woman
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by toyboy1(m): 1:39pm On Jan 11, 2007
FRESH-B, men marry women n women wed men. i still stand by that, try and see all marriage IVs u will see that the ladies name comes first then "weds" then the man. eq

Rita weds fresh-b or fresh-b marries Rita not the other way round
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 1:48pm On Jan 11, 2007
sorry but i think is the other way round again.
Rita weds TomBoy
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 12:42am On Jan 13, 2007
this proves you wrong again my friend

"The 31-year-old former England captain, married to former Spice Girl pop star Victoria [b][/b]"Posh Spice" Adams,"

source; (Reuters) Thursday January 11, 07:34 PM, http://uk.news.yahoo.com

makes any sense?
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by raphy(m): 8:54pm On Feb 16, 2007
[color=#000099][/color]hi all,
am back i love the way u ppl are taikin bout this thread
some ppl said it right som are just telling lies
any way it doest mater life is only 1 u have to tink of wht u want
to be in life if it is lesbian it is ur life if it is homosexual it still ur life
but remeber life is only 1 grin grin grin
for a woman to propose is not new tot wink wink
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by acidrop(f): 6:33am On Feb 17, 2007
but its a stupid tot undecided
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by lizzy47(f): 2:56pm On Feb 19, 2007
hell no its absurd and not normal for m sha
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Hugoboi(m): 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2007
hell no its absurd and not normal for m sha

archaic views if u ask me!!
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by acidrop(f): 8:04am On Feb 20, 2007
wat'z dat mean, hey break it down 2 my level, aight grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 1:06am On Apr 24, 2007
@ Honey Pot abike?

yu said this?
"Ladies should bury their pride and wrong cultural norms and take the bull by the horn before it escapes them once again in 2007"

i no i do suppor any woman who takes the bull by the horn, but i think yu dont RESPECT the BLACK RACE, otherwise yu wouldn never have ever called WE BLACK CULTURE "wrong cultural norms"
Yu arent fit to Live. the same way tha the onyinbo culture good for them is how fantastic ours is to us. Do mind yur language on we race
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:41am On Apr 24, 2007
for the African culture its like really looked down upon,but where i stay its like an every day's occurrence. its nothing new. i think it depends on the social ethics of the society you live in, some societies feel its acceptable,while the others don't go down well with the idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

9 Way To Enjoy Ur Woman Breast (nauthy Weekend 18+) / Men Should Take Note, This Is What Women Are Up To Now. (photo) / +18 Would You do This For Her? ( viewers discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.