Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Can A Woman Propose To A Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Woman Propose To A Man? (15117 Views)

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? / Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Kajiang02(m): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2006
A lady shldnt do dat cos if d guy neva luvd her,its gonna b lik a heartbreak.
Also if she does dat 2 a rude guy,he may agree and jst use d opportunity of duping d lady in cases were d lady is d rich type.
D task is meant 4 Guyz only as d Bible has it dat d woman will leave ha fathers house 2 go meet ha husband 2 bcom 1 & nt d other way.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Mula(f): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2006
I've had alot of marriage proposals but I'm not ready to get married yet
There alot of things, I ave to achieve  before I get married
Maybe when I'm 25, I will get married.
And I hope if I have to propose to a man, he would say yes
and if he says no, I would give him a good slap followed by a karate chops
Then I would spread a rumour that he's Gay
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by alexis(m): 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2006
I see nothing wrong with it - they do it in India and I admire a woman that got guts.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by waffistyle(m): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2006
asking a man out, sensibly is ok, a girl has to be sharp so as not to seem cheap, even with animals it is the male that chases the females, it is completely wrong for a woman to propose to a man, though it is common now that when you are in a relationship, the girl seems to indirectly propose to the man, in their utterances. i never liked it, i like to be the one doing the chasing, it is not healthy for a woman to chase a man directly, in a way that is so obvious, i ve had an experience like that, i actually did not take the girl seriously, i had little value for her, and then she was also the one demanding sex, i felt like the victim,i gradually ran away from her,
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 12:23am On Oct 03, 2006
we all think, "its unnatural" for woman to propose man only if she no get money or if she look good for only datin.
But when the pepper rest from her side or her beauty pass mummy water own, man no go even remember say she first propose.

the problem is only psychological. and this comes only and if YOU the MAN are a prostitute.
But if you love you woman for who she was & is, and what she was & is. then you will never imagine who did the proposal.

Anyway, if you don't lika it that she proposed, then , don't also accept her money, kisses hands and, ,  whenever she givs them to you first. SAY NO TO HER UNTIL YOU DO EVERYTHING 1st.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by donjazzie(m): 12:28am On Oct 03, 2006
na today

they ai'nt nothing wrong with it just depends on how they both see it themselves
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 12:38am On Oct 03, 2006
I say, na only o gal where look odd or wey no get money na em men dey always complain sey e propose.
but when na agbani propose, no problem.

as ebi na bad tin for girl to propose, e also bad when yu take her money.
na sin also when she giv you her mouth, yu chop em.
na okpoto sin when she giv you romance and all em particulars, and you come accept. because you suppose tell her NO MADAM. I WILL GIV YU. then you as the lady accepts.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Oracle(m): 1:01am On Oct 03, 2006
Every man would feel emasculated by that and no woman should expect any guy to marry her if she proposes except she's rich
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 2:22am On Oct 03, 2006
grin grin grin grin Fools am married for 40 yrs now and if i told you my wife toasted me you wouldn't believe. its the love that matters if she likes you she walks up to you and ladies you feel you are so cheap when it comes to that it because of African mentality may God help africans ohhhh. Amen Girls Go Go for who you want.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by sexindcity(f): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2006
If u can ask him out y cant u ask him to marry you? to me it is not a sign of weakness it is a symbol of how strong of a gurl u are.
some guys are slow and need to be asked out. If u want dat romantic proposal setting, u can bring up the idea and let him do the rest. just make sure he's not too young cos immaturity can set in cos guys dread commitment.

Na there i talk reach.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by kinzolic(m): 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2006
Been asked out by a babe is ok but asking him 2 marry u is seen as been desperate
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2006
Id love it so much if all you jew guys could differenciate between 'asking a man out' and being 'desperate for marriage'?

if not for mi job-no-pay, I shouldnt really waste mi time on this simple issue.
IT IS A STEREOTYPE DISEASE that infects narrow thinkin men and women.
For how long should a woman die silently in front of her love all because she wants to PRETEND to be a woman.
every woman should go ahead an pick their choices as well. or is it a sin?
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 12:07am On Oct 04, 2006
If you really diggin eachova and u both want to get married, won't the guy have the senses to do the proposal? Why would it be the lady? shocked shocked shocked

Goodluck to Indians, but we Nigerians have our own culture now . Why must we copy the indian culture? They should copy our own too. undecided

I'm sorry I can't propose to a man!!! Say wetin? cool
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by donjazzie(m): 12:19am On Oct 04, 2006
u never hussle for husband na him make u dey yarn.lol
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 12:32am On Oct 04, 2006
jazzie, even if i deh desperate, i no fit propose to a man! Habaaa! If u like call am pride, yes I get am. cool tongue
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by donjazzie(m): 12:36am On Oct 04, 2006
Radiant:

jazzie, even if i deh desperate, i no fit propose to a man! Habaaa! If u like call am pride, yes I get am. cool tongue

lol lmao
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by otokx(m): 4:35am On Oct 04, 2006
Yes a woman can propose to a man depending on the situation existing at the time. all this talk of its not the norm, dis one dat one has been on for a long time and has not carried us very far.

To all you successful ladies in the house (and success is not always about money), don't let the one you secretly admire pass you by especially if he is the mature type or you will have to look back with regret when he'll say - "i was really waiting for the green light but since it remained on ember for too long i thought there was a malfunction so i drove off"
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by izoneb(f): 6:45am On Oct 04, 2006
It depends on how close u are.Its no big deal.But i know its not just like "will u marry me?"

My friend was 22 and her bf was 28.She just finished school and was with her parents in Port Harcourt.
The guy came most weekends to see her and on one of his trips back to Lagos,they were cuddling at the airport and the girl was crying as usual
and just told him,
"Instead of u to be taking the risks and running around every weekend,shouldn't we just marry and be 2gether 4ever?"
That was it.They are married now with three kids somewhere in UK on a United Nations assignment.

The guy said it was her innocence at the proposal that "tripped" him.

Ladies we mustn't always pre-plan things or act like we are this or that i always say this to friends.Be yourself and just live life!
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by kokoletz(m): 9:11am On Oct 04, 2006
That's it ladies u dnt hv to say "Will you marry me" gosh sound bad, stylishly lol.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2006
Radiant, this na okpata yu jus flow oh.
maybe you never reach the marriage category or e fit be sey 1 bobo jus dey wey de shak yu.
forget tha one.
get the levels. this na desperate woman wey bi sey age don de ring bell or her love for the guy don already get branches without PLAN B in life.

the only choice she got is the only choice.
we don't mean a lady seein a man tha hasnt had any knowledge of her, an jus walk to him and vomit, "will you marry mi?"  even on the opposite, you as a lady, will you say yes to a man who you havnt got any clue of just because he came to you an said, 'i want to marry you'. i no your 1st reply would be "are you crazy?" "just lika tha you wan mi to marry you? ho do ya think ya are?
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by katherinae(f): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2006
raphy

look at it on the bright side, now u dont have to buy a ring
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2006
ssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh
he must by the ring
dont insult the womenhood
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by nanah(f): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2006
rubbish,even if i'm desperate i'll never propose to a guy i'd rather end up in a convent.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2006
dont worry. yu havnt seen life yet
maybe yur still bathin ya belly
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by ib4lover(m): 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2006
It is Possible and it is some how islamical provided both of you will not commit adultery
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by michy(f): 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2006
i dont see anything wrong wit it
its not our culture
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Radiant(f): 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2006
For Heaven's sake, I CAN'T PROPOSE TO A MAN!!!
Fresh b, what were you doing to men in your youth that they didn't propose to you then? The tables have turned now and u have to do their job eh? I pity u.
If there are stylish ways to propose, why didn't you get married earlier rather than end up a desperado?

Izoneb, I understand the story. If you've been with a guy who's ready to marry, both of you must have talked about marriage and teased each other about it. That is normal and happens all the time. Did she say they never talked about marriage before she said that? I really really doubt it. I'm sure they had already decided to get married and saying what she said only hastened everything. undecided

(even saying it stylishly, u get to take am easy coz if d man notices u desperate, na bye bye for u be dat wink)
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by sweetlove(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2006
A woman can propose to a Man if she Love The man Straight from the Heart,But I Think This is Common In europe with white Ladies Expecially In Madrid,where a Lady can Just walk up to you and Propose to you.
If your Girl propose to you,Ride On men The world is Yours.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by waffistyle(m): 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2006
Insert Quote
For Heaven's sake, I CAN'T PROPOSE TO A MAN!!!
Fresh b, what were you doing to men in your youth that they didn't propose to you then? The tables have turned now and u have to do their job eh? I pity u.
If there are stylish ways to propose, why didn't you get married earlier rather than end up a desperado?

Izoneb, I understand the story. If you've been with a guy who's ready to marry, both of you must have talked about marriage and teased each other about it. That is normal and happens all the time. Did she say they never talked about marriage before she said that? I really really doubt it. I'm sure they had already decided to get married and saying what she said only hastened everything.

(even saying it stylishly, u get to take am easy because if d man notices u desperate, na bye bye for u be that
i am fully in support of your yanrns for this matter, and understand and accept Izonebs yarns, izoneb that no be propose i beg you?, she did not take the lead, as expected of a man, propsing is a mans job, a man should take the lead, and i believe he had proposed to her earlier, that talk only quickened it, which is ok
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by DaJunta(m): 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2006
In nigeria:
it aint our culture and the guy will probably misunderstand the girl.

In Europe:
Yes, a woman can propose. its normal.

In America:
Everything is obtainable there. Land of freedom
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by chiluv: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2006
i sence no crime in such case. if she actually appreciate u from her mind and wish u spend the rest of ur days with her, n u find some things in her that u ve often wish to ve in any woman of ur choice, then go ahead and accept the proposal. for if mountain did not go to Mohamed, He should go to mountain. so put it into consideration.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by CrazyMan(m): 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2006
@ Dajunta
I agree with you.
In Nigeria here, i don't think such thing can happen
because it's not proper fpr a girl to walk up to a guy and tell him
"hey i love you, can we be lovers".
such question would leave that guy speechless for some seconds
and when he finally recovers from his shock,
he would take a good look at the girl, if she's very beautiful,
he would then use her as a sex engine ie to satisfy his sexual
appetite.
and finally when he's true with her, he would kick her away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men Should Take Note, This Is What Women Are Up To Now. (photo) / +18 Would You do This For Her? ( viewers discretion) / Can Two Men Share The Same Bed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.