Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

About Women Making The First Move. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About Women Making The First Move. (61376 Views)

Why Men Should Not Get Advice From Women About Women / The Raw Truth About Women. / Guys Its High Time You Stopped Making Bad Generalization About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:
But with the way things turned out, I can bet on my two Di'ja-like-boobs that she's so never going to try that again.

Those boobs am seeing ain't Di'jered!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Except you're referring some other ones am not aware of...
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
iyerenath:
pride in what u LovePeddler>:>: now what's d difference between pride n arrogance??

On what grounds are u calling me a Love peddler? Is ur sanity intact?
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
emperorchedda:
Ahhhh *sighs of relief*

First time you've made sense.

All girls need to think like you
My dear, avoid quoting me. I don't care if I make any sense to you or your ilk. smiley
Thanks.

Ruuhh:

some girls greenlight be like "come make I use you shine", they act receptive but try talking you get lost n confused,so annoying
truetalk.
Relationship issue is like gambling, guys come for girls not knowing what she has in mind either. Sometimes he also ends up being used, it's a two way thing.

5 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Some ladies expect guys to know when they are in the mood to be wooed, if they are his level or not... like he is psychic _ yet they can't do same.
Guys get turned down everyday, and they are not dead.

You don't go about approaching every random guy, those signs you expect a young man to watch out for, you should be smart enough to watch out for same signs.

Observing a guy closely (especially when you guys have established a reasonable degree of familiarity), you would notice if he is into you but has issues expressing himself probably for fear of being turned down too. That's the time to strike... grin

grin
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by khalhokage(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol. What are u saying right now? At the end of the day, u'll still do the toasting whether it's the girl giving u the green light or the one giving u turquoise light. cheesy. So u don't want any light at all abi?

What i'm saying is I don't notice greenlight, I barely know how to flirt, I respond a direct inquiry best, so a girl that likes me and is giving me subtle clues and signs is basically wasting her time, if I don't already think about her romantically then she won't be able to make me with "signs".
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
DharmyYinks:

So does he @bolded and its even easier for him. wink Guess u havnt seen sum1 u lyk so much...if not..u wont Ve said he can hang himself grin: P

It depends on d way she approached him (n d kinda Guy... some will be glad while some wont) Dropping it suddenly may scare him.
Leave am!

She thinks because she's showing a guy green light then it's a big favour.

Do we not also have a plethora of fish in the sea to choose from?

Some girls and their empty egostitical attitude undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Blackops(m): 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
Make one babe sef toast me...
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Cannonleo:
my bro the thing don tire sottey I just tire drop. I am sorry to say I belong to that class that hardly recognize signs, ladies I have tried to date have given me a good amount of rejection after giving me th so called green light , they were all after something else not me.. so I play solo

As u said, they were giving u the green light for the wrong reasons. U can't play solo for too long, anyway. Soon enough u've got to start making moves again.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by doskie(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:
This notion seems to be trending these days. But pls, before anyone goes about saying it's okay for a woman to make the first move, then perhaps they should also elaborate on what circumstances and the manner in which it should be done. So many girls are being misled already.. And making complete fools of themselves. I witnessed one such event yesterday and I just couldn't help laughing. This girl must have been feeling like a real 21st century chic when she even contemplated making the move. But with the way things turned out, I can bet on my two Di'ja-like-boobs that she's so never going to try that again. Heck, that dude was mean!

Back to my topic. I really don't get why a girl should be encouraged to make the first move. Look at it this way. Wooing a woman is sth that comes very natural to men. It's what they do. It's what they've always done right from time, what reason then has a guy not to make a move on the girl he likes? So this boy and girl know themselves, perhaps not as friends or anything serious, but each knows about the existence of the other. They are perhaps in the same location.. Work in the same place, live in the same neighborhood, attend the same Uni;So, surely they get to see each other from time to time. Why then should it be the girl making a move since she's interested in him? Hasn't he seen her before? If actually he had any interest whatsoever, he'd make the first move. It shouldn't be an issue at all. Girls are used to being wooed.

But he doesn't and some girl would think it's okay for her to make the first move. Trust me, chances are high that he won't take u seriously if ever u should go into a relationship. He'd simply see the whole thing as him doing u a favour by dating u and perhaps getting an advantage for himself if he succeeds in sleeping with you sad. I can't even imagine how u'd feel comfortable being in that relationship. He's most likely always going to be eager to show u the door, because after all, u made the first move on him, when he was just on his own doing his thing. It's just like reversing roles entirely. And IMO, it shows desperation.

And I also thought guys used to enjoy the chase. They want girls to be the ones chasing them now? Lol.

Pls, giving the green light and not playing too hard to get is enough. A man's supposed to know what to do when he sees the green light. If he doesn't, well, that's sad. It simply implies that there are so many things about women he isn't sensitive to.

Call me old-fashioned. I like being old-fashioned if this is what being old fashioned is all about.

I totally disagree with you. infact im not one to call people out or mention them but your little write up is so wrong in my view that I feel an impulse to counter it immediately in the same spirit I read it.
1. your analogy is too left- filled. you talked passively about a girl who made the first move. you did not describe the scenerio properly enough to point out her overt stupidity maybe in the way she spoke or who was with the person she spoke to. in any case, should the existence of car accidents make us all travel on foot?
2. what law precisely states that toasting is a male thing? we as humans feel attracted to the opposite gender. should a lady die with her feelings just because she's a woman? how come it that she is free to pursue a career, but she is bound from relieving a natural impulse to feel attracted and want a particular person? its a warped way of reasoning especially when a fellow girl makes the move that secures her the man you are desperately loving from your window and behind solid walls built by an imaginary social environment.
3. except your reasons are for the fact that girls will cease any opportunity to chase after rich boys precisely. well because their idea of love is material, I will say you are guilty of hasty generalisation and employment of a blanket statement when you wrote that boys will disrespect the lady who makes the first move. please try looking at life with a wider compass. everything does not happen in your backyard. there are many successful marriages where the lady moved first.

6 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by saintnegroid(m): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:
This notion seems to be trending these days. But pls, before anyone goes about saying it's okay for a woman to make the first move, then perhaps they should also elaborate on what circumstances and the manner in which it should be done. So many girls are being misled already.. And making complete fools of themselves. I witnessed one such event yesterday and I just couldn't help laughing. This girl must have been feeling like a real 21st century chic when she even contemplated making the move. But with the way things turned out, I can bet on my two Di'ja-like-boobs that she's so never going to try that again. Heck, that dude was mean!

Back to my topic. I really don't get why a girl should be encouraged to make the first move. Look at it this way. Wooing a woman is sth that comes very natural to men. It's what they do. It's what they've always done right from time, what reason then has a guy not to make a move on the girl he likes? So this boy and girl know themselves, perhaps not as friends or anything serious, but each knows about the existence of the other. They are perhaps in the same location.. Work in the same place, live in the same neighborhood, attend the same Uni;So, surely they get to see each other from time to time. Why then should it be the girl making a move since she's interested in him? Hasn't he seen her before? If actually he had any interest whatsoever, he'd make the first move. It shouldn't be an issue at all. Girls are used to being wooed.

But he doesn't and some girl would think it's okay for her to make the first move. Trust me, chances are high that he won't take u seriously if ever u should go into a relationship. He'd simply see the whole thing as him doing u a favour by dating u and perhaps getting an advantage for himself if he succeeds in sleeping with you sad. I can't even imagine how u'd feel comfortable being in that relationship. He's most likely always going to be eager to show u the door, because after all, u made the first move on him, when he was just on his own doing his thing. It's just like reversing roles entirely. And IMO, it shows desperation.

And I also thought guys used to enjoy the chase. They want girls to be the ones chasing them now? Lol.

Pls, giving the green light and not playing too hard to get is enough. A man's supposed to know what to do when he sees the green light. If he doesn't, well, that's sad. It simply implies that there are so many things about women he isn't sensitive to.

Call me old-fashioned. I like being old-fashioned if this is what being old fashioned is all about.

my dear things have really changed o, maybe the guy did not see the inner beauty which is character, but as the girl wooed him, he now discovered the other awesome characters and that will make him die headlong for the girl
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
I think as a woman, when u see ur "mr right"

Do not hesitate to approach him but do it in a diplomatic way. I think nigerian women need to learn how to get a guy they like to be interested in dem without looking like a hoe... Leave the sex appeal shit for LAWMA JOOR

Women been proposing to me since wayback in history.

Nigerian women need to evolve. Wat good does do to you to be harbouring feelings ..

If you like d guy go for him diplomaticly
He might get d msg along d line

But neva u use sex as a tool to get a man

Sum1 out there bleeps betta dan you do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
Sorry ladies we are not Charles Xavier that we will be reading your minds, and some of the so called green lights are usually from chics that are so cold and non-receptive. maybe you should enlighten us on this your so called "green light" because the only green light i can decipher is the traffic light.

4 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Laveda(f): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

Showing us green light is not a guarantee for us to ask you out.

It goes both ways...I don't get why y'all are bitter. undecided
Uh? undecided you dont get it..or do you? undecided

Not that its a biggie for me to ask a guy out..but with the Normal Nigerian guy mentality... They'd tag you "cheap" at least I've seen cases...
If with the green and red light he doesn't show interest too...I move on undecided
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kay9(m): 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Some ladies expect guys to know when they are in the mood to be wooed, if they are his level or not... like he is psychic _ yet they can't do same.

You don't go about approaching every random guy, those signs you expect a young man to watch out for, you should be smart enough to watch out for same signs.

Observing a guy closely (especially when you guys have established a reasonable degree of familiarity), you would notice if he is into you but has issues expressing himself probably for fear of being turned down too. That's the time to strike... grin

God bless you, ma'am. I genuflect at the feet of your maturity.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

Look at all these mumu girls that cannot handle rejection.

So for the fact that you give a guy green light then it's now compulsory for him to look your way? For fùcks sake a guy may not also care about your green light because you may also not reach the standard he wants in a lady. You may probably be ugly or shapeless or a drama queen.

Going by that it's not by force for a guy to woo you because you are showing him green light.

So fück you too and your dimming green light! undecided

Dee, she wasn't referring to u.. Neither was she making a general reference. sad

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
francizy:

cheesy

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
khalhokage:

What i'm saying is I don't notice greenlight, I barely know how to flirt, I respond a direct inquiry best, so a girl that likes me and is giving me subtle clues and signs is basically wasting her time, if I don't already think about her romantically then she won't be able to make me with "signs".

Oh. That. Yeah. The attraction has to be mutual for whatsoever sign to be relevant.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Uh? undecided you dont get it..or do you? undecided

Not that its a biggie for me to ask a guy out..but with the Normal Nigerian guy mentality... They'd tag you "cheap" at least I've seen cases...
If with the green and red light he doesn't show interest too...I move on undecided
Of course you'll move on! That's the only reasonable thing you can do about it.

Guys get rejected everyday by girls and they move on. You don't hear them telling her to go and hang herself or become insultive towards her. The ones who have tried to do such things have always been derided and tongue lashed by their fellow guys Coz it's a childish thing to do. undecided

Therefore,I don't seem to get why you all are sounding bitter,telling a guy to go hang himself simply because he didn't notice your green light. The same way you girls have the choice to turn a guy down is the same way a guy has the right not to make a move whether you show him your green light or not.

It doesn't make him any less of a man. undecided

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by simplisity(m): 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

This is not a matter of calling u an old fashioned. It is very unnatural and uncultural for a woman to woo a man.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by seunoni34(m): 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

YOU have a special Brain! Believe me.

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:
I can bet on my two Di'ja-like-boobs that she's so never going to try that again. Heck, that dude was mean!

francizy:

Na the only thing wey ur brain read for her post be that bah? undecided

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
What of People like me who are Shy to Approach a Lady.For a lady to Touch me,i will have an Organsm.I can't even Decipher between Green light and Red light. Please,the ladies should Advice me oooh.The Ladies Love me and i also Do but i can't approach them to por out my Emotions.If i see a Very pretty lady,she seems to Like me but i don't know how to make the first Move
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Please when are you going to return fully to romance section?

Some of these girls here need schooling. I miss seeing the posts of you and mizmycoli. embarassed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
It's no pride....i dont't woo a lady xcept she shows sufficient green!...reason-i'm shy.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by forayfleo(m): 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
Just a choice let me also add to you guys (We made it to 2016 and God in heaven had given to us all our loss in 2015 and the one in 2016 so your having double with your belongings in the name of Jesus christ our Lord and personal savior Amen happy new year double owner.)
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

Of course you'll move on! That's the only reasonable thing you can do about it.

Guys get rejected everyday by girls and they move on. You don't hear them telling her to go and hang herself or become insultive towards her. The ones who have tried to do such things have always been derided and tongue lashed by their fellow guys Coz it's a childish thing to do. undecided

Therefore,I don't seem to get why you all are sounding bitter,telling a guy to go hang himself simply because he didn't notice your green light. The same way you girls have the choice to turn a guy down is the same way a guy has the right not to make a move whether you show him your green light or not.

It doesn't make him any less of a man. undecided

The undiluted _FUCKING TRUTH.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Dee, she wasn't referring to u.. Neither was she making a general reference. sad
Lol...I'm not in agreement with her statement and so I'm countering it.

Ain't seen nothing wrong with that. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by akachidi(m): 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

How did bed enter this discourse?
My sister it doesn't matter the move could anywere
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tonyx4x44(m): 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol, do you think its easy to deal with rejection?

Leave the mumu group of girls... They are shouting, saying fucck him etc

They can't stand being rejected but the expect guys to see it as fun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by iyerenath(m): 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

On what grounds are u calling me a Love peddler? Is ur sanity intact?
u r a very big fool of d highest order for saying dat....pls just tell us d difference between pride n arrogance or get lost if u don't wanna...what an olosho!!!

2 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

The undiluted _FUCKING TRUTH.

right back at ya man! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
Emmagenius:
What of People like me who are Shy to Approach a Lady. For a lady to Touch me,i will have an Organsm.I can't even Decipher between Green light and Red light. Please,the ladies should Advice me oooh.The Ladies Love me and i also Do but i can't approach them to por out my Emotions.If i see a Very pretty lady,she seems to Like me but i don't know how to make the first Move

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

The iPhone My Girlfriend Gave Me As Valentine's Gift / Bien-Aime Baraza Rejects Kiss From Ellah Namtumbwe (Photos) / She Charmed Her Boyfriend Through Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.