Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation (54391 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" / Pictures Of Arab Contractors Working On Aba Road Umuahia / Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by UrbanMystique: 8:51am On Feb 29, 2016
nafiachi:
@op, I am a Muslim and my religion does not force it's teaching on non-muslims, I have no doubt it was out of courtesy from her part, after all other images u posted seems to contradict your conclusion even here in Nigeria women do these when they find themselves around other cultures.
We should actually praise Mrs Adeosun for showing the world how well trained culturally she is, a beautiful example of the yoruba culture.
I am proud of her.
bullshit.. If its out of courtesy, she should get a proper niqab. It can't be that expensive.. She looked like someone shouted on her to "cover your head bitcch" you r in front of our king. Total Bullshits..

I have always support buhari and this won't stop my support but common, this is disgraceful.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by ValerianSteel(m): 8:58am On Feb 29, 2016
Some people here are talking abour respecting the host.I'm sure they won't be saying that if it was a male minister draped in those black robes and red scarf.

The robe is cultural attire to Arab men as the scarf is also a cultural piece of clothing to Arab women.

They when in Rome behave like a Roman,but I say when in Rome behave like a Roman without throwing away the Greek in you.

Lalasticlala what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by opey25(m): 9:01am On Feb 29, 2016
UrbanMystique:
This is just stupiid.

Why force her to wear it.
who forced her to wear it? were you there when she was forced ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by UrbanMystique: 9:03am On Feb 29, 2016
opey25:
who forced her to wear it? were you there when she was forced ?
she looked forced.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by opey25(m): 9:06am On Feb 29, 2016
id911:

Yes! i saw those pix. Condoleza Rice I know is very courageous and can't be intimidated by anybody, I say anybody, let alone the Tajiks.

If you noticed, Condoleza and others did that in a different context which you should understand is quite different from that of our sister. We should call a spade a spade pls
what is the different context?they(condolezza,Australia FM, michelle obama,nancy pelosi and kemi) all wore hijab willingly as a mark of respect for their hosts. stop making mountain out of mole hill.

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by opey25(m): 9:08am On Feb 29, 2016
UrbanMystique:
she looked forced.
looked forced ? How old are u?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by UrbanMystique: 9:09am On Feb 29, 2016
opey25:
looked forced ? How old are u?
ask Google.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Ayomipoe(m): 10:32am On Feb 29, 2016
I'm sure she would not be allowed into the country.
Foreign diplomacy is delicate, and even the qatari's have a point of view. They might have simply ignored her if she didn't cover her hair or decline to seat at the same table. There was a public outcry in Doha when the Obama's wife didn't cover her hair http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/michelle-obama/11373787/Michelle-Obama-causes-outrage-in-Saudi-Arabia-by-not-wearing-headscarf.html

And with the Americans, it's a power play all the time.
When in Rome, ...........
AntiMahdi:
I can bet that Aisha Buhari will not wear that scarf if she goes to Qatar

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Seunbukola187(m): 10:38am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
This evening I came across this picture and I was very disappointed in what I saw.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447251_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

As a minister in the Federal Cabinet of Nigeria signing a bilateral agreement on behalf of Nigeria in Qatar,tradition demands that She(Kemi Adeosun) is accorded the same respect as the President as her presence carries as much authority with the President.

Under no circumstances should a person of her capacity be subjected to conform to the cultural/religious practice of the host country.

Kemi Adeosun is a Nigerian Minister visiting Qatar,she is a foreigner,therefore she is not bound by Qatari laws or culture which can't be enforced on her.

It is utmost disrespect for her person and Nigeria as a nation to see her subjected to covering her hair to please Qatari officials.This attempt of cowardice to Qatari Islamic custom denigrates the office of the Minister of Finance and totally against Global Practice.

Madam Kemi Adeosun,next time you find yourself in an Arab nation,refuse vehemently to cover your hair,their laws are not binding on you.You are their visitor and your person must be respected.
she complain give you? Shoooo! Una sha wan talk. God help u.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Macelliot(m): 10:40am On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:

So Qatar is richer than Saudi? Or Germany or Switzerland or the UK or Japan or China or the almighty America?

Keep deceiving yourselves
true. Qatar is the richest, but America and China are the most Economical...

Population density per GDP determines how rich a country is..

Lagos is the most Economical state in Nigeria, but Akwa Ibom state is the richest...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by austinbrown: 10:40am On Feb 29, 2016
Africa is a backward continent
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by ChappyChase: 10:41am On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:
See as she dey eye Christine's channel suit.

This kemi always has a brain freeze and forgets herself
Broda, you just murdered your finance minister grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
This evening I came across this picture and I was very disappointed in what I saw.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447251_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

As a minister in the Federal Cabinet of Nigeria signing a bilateral agreement on behalf of Nigeria in Qatar,tradition demands that She(Kemi Adeosun) is accorded the same respect as the President as her presence carries as much authority with the President.

Under no circumstances should a person of her capacity be subjected to conform to the cultural/religious practice of the host country.

Kemi Adeosun is a Nigerian Minister visiting Qatar,she is a foreigner,therefore she is not bound by Qatari laws or culture which can't be enforced on her.

It is utmost disrespect for her person and Nigeria as a nation to see her subjected to covering her hair to please Qatari officials.This attempt of cowardice to Qatari Islamic custom denigrates the office of the Minister of Finance and totally against Global Practice.

Madam Kemi Adeosun,next time you find yourself in an Arab nation,refuse vehemently to cover your hair,their laws are not binding on you.You are their visitor and your person must be respected.

The woman is always appearing timid.

She does not look intelligent. Those are the kind of people mr integrity likes using. Puppets !

I can imagine Okonjo Iweala adorning that hijab. Balderdash !
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by sddiamond: 10:44am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

bros Qatar is the richest country in the world,having them on our side isn't a bad thing. And i don't think they made her cover her hair. Which one is the ibo talk again, aren't we all Nigerians, Lets not allow tribalism divide us, there's strength in number and we have that together as a nation. #onenigeria
Bleep one Nigeria, this country we never know peace until referendum is conducted for people to determine if its one or not.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by nell4: 10:45am On Feb 29, 2016
make una dey there dey speculate.cover head or no cover head, the message is passed
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by obowunmi(m): 10:45am On Feb 29, 2016
She should NEVER have covered her head.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by iamord(m): 10:45am On Feb 29, 2016
Same ol inferiority complex
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by bjdon: 10:46am On Feb 29, 2016
Why is this causing people high blood preassure?

Did you not all see Buhari refuse to shake the female ministers at their swearing in? You all kept quiet then and kept shouting Sai this and Sai that. Now similar behavior is meted out to the female ministers abroad you all start to make noise. What exactly did you guys expect?

Please just relax and enjoy the week, you've still got over 3 years of fun with Ali Bubu and his 'Change agenda' Na una vote am, so make you na enjoy am!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Luckylife(m): 10:46am On Feb 29, 2016
This show the type of level ministers are reduce to. Can they make any good impact when they are not allow to initiate policies.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by emmyblackky(m): 10:47am On Feb 29, 2016
neither Kemi Adeosun nor President Buhari was comfortable with what was going on. modern day slavery. pls, tell all those who keep supporting the president's trip abroad to think twice. let's sit at home & build our economy, these foreigners will come in droves seeking for assistance.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by phanshark(m): 10:48am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:

. Those piple u mension are more powerfull than kemi and there culture is deferent 4rm were kemi comes 4rm. No big deal about that. Next story please!
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by akin269(m): 10:48am On Feb 29, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]I keep my comment
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Jimi23(m): 10:50am On Feb 29, 2016
;DHahahahahaha
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Alaminz(m): 10:50am On Feb 29, 2016
who are u...to suggest such..i find very embrassing after checking to see who...i find out ,,u are ordinary like me..i expect to see ex miniser or someone big....my frnd go n sleep...

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 29, 2016
Why is bubu looking like a convicted criminal...i hate this pic.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by bewla(m): 10:51am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:

some time we just open our mouth to spill what ever is in our hollo brain at the moment with out considered order point at the time

like your white brothers in England who are celebrating a goat from Nigeria but will call human from Nigeria monkey .

now if she is in present of pope and she cover her head what will u make of that

or the church say u most not cover your head

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Jaymaestro(m): 10:52am On Feb 29, 2016
I thought black bile was a myth. Users always tend to steer towards negativism.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by maxzzo1(m): 10:53am On Feb 29, 2016
Inferiority complex....
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by GodblessNig247(m): 10:54am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:

I don't think she was subjected to covering her hair to please anyone. I think what has played out is a pointer to the fact that she is totally ignorant of the enormous capacity that comes with the office she is occupying. Is so unfortunate!
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by fortunechy(m): 10:55am On Feb 29, 2016
this is just the beginning
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by omolola15(m): 10:56am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Some people self. I've seen Michelle cover her hair. And I've seen Obama remove his shoes when entering a mosque. It's called respecting your host. Bill Clinton was completely dressed like a igbo man one time he visited Nigeria. No one saw anything wrong with that. But the stupidity and tribalism of we Nigerians will make us see fault in anything the opposite tribe does. And i read comments and i see lots of mumu saying Buhari forced her. As if they are there.

The op Google pictures where they didn't cover their hairs. But I'm sure in the process of looking for those pictures, you saw the ones Michelle and other dignitaries cover their hairs. But for your bad belle. You still decided to go ahead with the post.

Anyway that's non of business.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Shocker: Buhari Accuses U . S. Of Aiding Boko Haram / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Bukola Saraki Congratulates Comedienne Emmanuella For Landing Disney Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.