Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation (54387 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" / Pictures Of Arab Contractors Working On Aba Road Umuahia / Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by helovesme(f): 10:56am On Feb 29, 2016
Gosh. So much hate and bile. Just because this woman is Yoruba undecided undecided

So fracking what if she covers her hair? Is she wearing hijab? Are scarves not fashion statements? Is her hair still not exposed? Is it covered "turban" style?

Ya'll should get over it. She is going nowhere and she will remain minister and serve her full tenure. Neither soludo or okonjo will be appointed to replace her

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by tuscani: 10:56am On Feb 29, 2016
Is she a muslem ? if not , Lets get this clear, this has nothing to do with Buhari,APC, ISLAM or the QATARI's, it,s simply her low self esteem, she doesn't have the carriage, is she the only non muslim woman that have signed agreement with those people. Its one thing to be call a fool , it is another thing to behave and actually accept to be one.
But it beats me hard for a woman with her training and international exposure. she schooled in the UK !

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by lekkie073(m): 10:56am On Feb 29, 2016
d picture dey vex me so much....I am forced not to comment or else...
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by HirstMOG(m): 10:59am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:
I don't think anyone forced her, sometimes you need to respect the host and do things outta courtesy, the deal might be a good thing and that have might been her sacrifice for the nation. Its better to act a fool for someone who thinks he's fooling you when you know what's at stake.

When you think and act like a slave, you will always be treated as one. Daura government is a bad influence.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Osquare88(m): 10:59am On Feb 29, 2016
AntiMahdi:
I can bet that Aisha Buhari will not wear that scarf if she goes to Qatar
have u ever see Aisha Buhari without her hair covered?? Say something reasonable

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 29, 2016
We are Africans, we are raised to respect elders and other people's cultures and traditions not to impose our ways on our hosts. Only those who were not raised right, with no respect for their hosts and a chip on their shoulder will see a problem with her head scarf.

For those shouting low self esteem, it is precisely those who refuse to show respect for other cultures and cause conflict everywhere they go and make a big deal out of every thing that actually have the low self esteem. If you are confident in who you are as a person, a tribe or a culture, a symbolic show of respect to your hosts does not demean you.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:
I don't think anyone forced her, sometimes you need to respect the host and do things outta courtesy, the deal might be a good thing and that have might been her sacrifice for the nation. Its better to act a fool for someone who thinks he's fooling you when you know what's at stake.

So d white ladies didn't respect dia host? Plz go and sit down joor. Its clear to d blind dat her scaff was improvised and not part of her attire. In a nut shell she was asked if not forced to do it. Im sure NOI cant fall for this Cheap gimmick

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Candybob(m): 11:03am On Feb 29, 2016
Her looks and hair do is better presented in braid. But it is a general thing in Nigeria to kiss ass. Nigerians like to kiss ass, they cant do without it. Next thing you will hear "when you are in rome do as the romans do"!
Everything in this picture is just wrong. First she wears a wig, the she proceeds to cover with that ugly scarf, and I am very sure the suggestion was made by a member of the Nigerian delegation.
This Kemi is just too timid, but what can we expect? The Oga Bubu looks like a houseboy in that picture! See how he is standing like an errand boy waiting for instructions.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Dhotseal(m): 11:04am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

bros Qatar is the richest country in the world,having them on our side isn't a bad thing. And i don't think they made her cover her hair. Which one is the ibo talk again, aren't we all Nigerians, Lets not allow tribalism divide us, there's strength in number and we have that together as a nation. #onenigeria

"Qatar is the richest country in the world"...seriously! How? Who lied to u, and why didn't u just Google it since u seem to have Internet access?
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by muhamadnur: 11:05am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
This evening I came across this picture and I was very disappointed in what I saw.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447251_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

As a minister in the Federal Cabinet of Nigeria signing a bilateral agreement on behalf of Nigeria in Qatar,tradition demands that She(Kemi Adeosun) is accorded the same respect as the President as her presence carries as much authority with the President.

Under no circumstances should a person of her capacity be subjected to conform to the cultural/religious practice of the host country.

Kemi Adeosun is a Nigerian Minister visiting Qatar,she is a foreigner,therefore she is not bound by Qatari laws or culture which can't be enforced on her.

It is utmost disrespect for her person and Nigeria as a nation to see her subjected to covering her hair to please Qatari officials.This attempt of cowardice to Qatari Islamic custom denigrates the office of the Minister of Finance and totally against Global Practice.

Madam Kemi Adeosun,next time you find yourself in an Arab nation,refuse vehemently to cover your hair,their laws are not binding on you.You are their visitor and your person must be respected.
unbeliever,s your all the same, what is it in woman exposing her body, please get a life.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by olapluto(m): 11:09am On Feb 29, 2016
Unintelligent Nigerians exhibiting crude ignorance. The queen must be 'intimidated, forced, Islamized, etc' for opting to wear ijab in the presence of her Muslim hosts...
The people in Abu Dhabi even forced the queen to a madrasa! Islamization of Britain!

BTW The queen is the most powerful woman on earth. The head of England and many colonies, I will guess no one can dictate to her.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by olapluto(m): 11:10am On Feb 29, 2016
They even forced the queen to remove her shoes when entering a Mosque. These Muslims...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by AnanseK(m): 11:10am On Feb 29, 2016
I am sure it was the Minister's choice.
However Mary the mother of Jesus was modest, Adeousun was only copying her.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by barakah(m): 11:11am On Feb 29, 2016
That scarf is part of her attire.
Why do we always attach too much sentiment to things like this?
That's why we're not moving forward as a nation...

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by AnanseK(m): 11:14am On Feb 29, 2016
ugnmezi:

So d white ladies didn't respect dia host? Plz go and sit down joor. Its clear to d blind dat her scaff was improvised and not part of her attire. In a nut shell she was asked if not forced to do it. Im sure NOI cant fall for this Cheap gimmick

Who is NOI ? That Bretton Wood puppet who watched while Nigeria's treasury was emptied by the PDP gang of criminals?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 29, 2016
Is the Queen of England also a Victim of Arab Islamic intimidation ?

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by babaireti(m): 11:14am On Feb 29, 2016
So you have a problem with Hair covering and virtue preservation ? or what benefit has your indecent dress culture brought to this corrupt and vices-ridden society? Op :pls wake up from your deep slumber,religious sentiment will never do you any good. She looks beautiful, modest and pious this way, and only this is good

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 29, 2016

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Muye03: 11:15am On Feb 29, 2016
Is lyk u lost some money on nairabet shocked

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by eitsei(m): 11:17am On Feb 29, 2016
barakah:
That scarf is part of her attire.
Why do we always attach too much sentiment to things like this?
That's why we're not moving forward as a nation...
o sumi ooo... Children of hate everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by tooman: 11:18am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:
This evening I came across this picture and I was very disappointed in what I saw.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447251_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

As a minister in the Federal Cabinet of Nigeria signing a bilateral agreement on behalf of Nigeria in Qatar,tradition demands that She(Kemi Adeosun) is accorded the same respect as the President as her presence carries as much authority with the President.

Under no circumstances should a person of her capacity be subjected to conform to the cultural/religious practice of the host country.

Kemi Adeosun is a Nigerian Minister visiting Qatar,she is a foreigner,therefore she is not bound by Qatari laws or culture which can't be enforced on her.

It is utmost disrespect for her person and Nigeria as a nation to see her subjected to covering her hair to please Qatari officials.This attempt of cowardice to Qatari Islamic custom denigrates the office of the Minister of Finance and totally against Global Practice.

Madam Kemi Adeosun,next time you find yourself in an Arab nation,refuse vehemently to cover your hair,their laws are not binding on you.You are their visitor and your person must be respected.
see trash but why is it that people can't reason out of religion. mtchwwww so all those that dressed like notherner are been disrespectful or how did U tagged it.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by martineverest(m): 11:19am On Feb 29, 2016
Qatari GDP is $105,000

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Osquare88(m): 11:19am On Feb 29, 2016
kettykin:

What I am simply saying is that the foreign ladies who wore hijab or hair covering did this when they were outdoors and not indoors.
So what difference does it make.. Covering in or out, i don't know why we Nigerians always find fault in everything, after reading the post, every1 started condeming the lady but when another pictures of the so called foreign head the fool that make the post make reference too was released with their hair covered.. You came up with out and in excuses... You guys are full of joke. Get a job

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by adrusa: 11:20am On Feb 29, 2016
This is typical Nigeria. We like to "make a statement" when all that is required is to stoop to conquer. What is wrong in showing respect to your hosts? Would it have been right to insist on wearing my cap every time I accompany my friends to church for one function or the other? Can we shed this adversarial anti-Islam toga and embrace progress, tolerance and humility. Kneeling down for a dwarf does not mean that we won't be taller than him when we get up.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by MalcoImX: 11:20am On Feb 29, 2016
aresa:

Condoleeza Rice, Secretary of State meeting with Tajik opposition figures and wearing a hijab

Not wanting to comment here but aresa you're the greatest. Respect for other people's culture is assumed by these bigots to be inferiority. The purpose of this thread is to denigrate the Buhari regime and the woman. Pls open a counter-thread with these pictures to reverse the damage done to the woman.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Irishrena1(f): 11:21am On Feb 29, 2016
O I see.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by DauraDullardo(m): 11:23am On Feb 29, 2016
aresa:
Australia's Foreign Minister Julie Bishop

Look at the dresses! The Australian woman wore a complete attire. Kemi Adeosun's was an afterthought... She was compelled to cover her hair with that rag! Quote me anywhere...
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Okijajuju1(m): 11:25am On Feb 29, 2016
SIRTee15:

I'm sure buhari forced her to cover head.

You cant possibly be sure. You were in your fathers house in Okokomiko, how can you be sure of something that happened in the far Middle East?

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Onyocha: 11:26am On Feb 29, 2016
the main issue about Arab countries and hijab wearing by non-Muslim women is that the approach is selective. as we already saw pictures of Condolezza Rice, and Hilary Clinton without hijab in the Gulf Arab kingdoms. so why is it enforced on a female minister from Nigeria? except she voluntarily accepted to wear it, then it is selective and insulting because it is discriminatory and not done to foreign female visitors from the USA or Europe.

here is a picture of Mogharini, the EU foreign minister. she is covered in Shia Iran, as the Persian Iranians dont care who you are and you must abide by the laws of the land; but she is left without cover in Saudi (the big brother of Qatar) because the Sunni Arab countries loyal to the Western powers "dey look face" on who to tell to cover :

EU Foreign Minister in Tehran with her Iranian counterpart

[img]http://217.218.67.233/photo/20150728/7aaa250e-3d7c-4431-922e-c223668792ac.jpg[/img]
EU Foreign Minister in Riyadh with her Saudi counterpart
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by veil: 11:27am On Feb 29, 2016
Na wa o, i just wonder how an average Nigerian youth reason. Why are we making a big deal out of this. We have a long way to go in this country o.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 29, 2016
lumydee44:

Luxembourg is #2, please make use of your sub and google it nah

A man must not live by google alone.

Luxembourg is the wealthiest country in the world.

Based on GDP, China is the highest.
Re: Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation by martineverest(m): 11:28am On Feb 29, 2016
plaetton:

In which school did they teach you that Qatar is the richest country in the world ? shocked

And you think YOU should be kissing their axss so that they give you some of their riches ?

Hilarious, but very sad. undecided
stop being backward, Qatar is the richest country in the world.. The second richest, Luxembourg, is not even close

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Releases Handwritten Letter, Ends Sit-At-Home In The South-East / President Buhari Reacts To Being Cloned, Says 'It's Real Me' / Shocker: Buhari Accuses U . S. Of Aiding Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.