Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! (55298 Views)

You Cannot Be Dating A Lady And Not Be Willing To Support Her - Allison Hyacinth / My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / Bride Shaves Her Head At Her Wedding To Support Her Terminally Ill Groom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by obowunmi(m): 8:17am On Mar 07, 2016
Ee remain pant and bra we you suppose dey wash.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by grandlexuz(m): 8:22am On Mar 07, 2016
Wow tough one. However don't judge her by her words but by her action. I am not saying you should proceed to marry her tonight.Lol All I am saying is give her more time. You already mentioned there are several things about her that merit a thumb up. Truth is very few women will truly love a man and not see the need to lend a hand in times of difficulties. Even the most stingy woman on earth has got a man somewhere that she can empty her bank account for. In due time do put her to the test. You could pretend to be very sick and need her help to buy medications etc etc.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by braynchris: 8:23am On Mar 07, 2016
Ditch the b*tch

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 07, 2016
You can't change people. People don't change when you try changing them. Her mindset is made up. A bullet is pointed at your head-you either dodge it or say goodbye to the world. I wish you well.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by yemmie(m): 8:24am On Mar 07, 2016
Guy, leave the dumb ass!

She may derail your destiny or even slow down your destiny completely.

She is not ready to be a wife and mother, she is still very immature. I can equivocally tell you that all 98 pct of men are backed up by their wife's either spiritually, morally or financial. No mind all the chest beating of men in public.

If you marry the right woman and God bless that Union with harmony and understanding, the man will be moving from grace to glory, glory to upliftment in areas of his life.

6 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 8:24am On Mar 07, 2016
obowunmi:
Ee remain pant and bra we you suppose dey wash.

Get a life!!
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by mrkings84(m): 8:24am On Mar 07, 2016
She is a wife material, stick to her!!
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by naijaboiy: 8:24am On Mar 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
grin
Not Only is Her mentality Archaic, It's Outrightly Irrational, Pathetic and dumb.

LoL!grin

So! The Only thing she'd bring to the table is her Pûssy? Baby Making machine?
I wouldn't Call her A Wife. I'd call her A Parasitic Being.
Coz Last time I checked, the holy book stated as thus:

"God assigned the married woman the responsibility of being a helpmate to her husband ( Genesis 2:18 , 20)." Not just some fûck mate, baggage or a baby producing machine.

...Trust me, You don't want such woman in your house!
Coz money for maggi, salt, tissue paper, pad, matchboxes would be on You.

Well, except she changes that fûcked up mentality she's got. tongue
This cannot be estharfabian!!! shockedshockedshocked
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by malahbu(m): 8:26am On Mar 07, 2016
Dump her.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 07, 2016
What she told you is the true picture if what she is.
It is easier for a man to adjust on principles than a woman.
If you think she is the type you could change her mindset do go ahead.
Beware!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by litaninja(m): 8:28am On Mar 07, 2016
Her upbringing and deeper mentalities like that WILL NEVER change. Biko, find yourself a new partner....

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by oloriooko(m): 8:29am On Mar 07, 2016
Brah i feel sorry for you angry
Gid just answered your prayers and you cannot recognise it even when the answer starred you right in the face!

That conversation in your car after church was the way out to your future marital agony and pains, and you are here asking kindergatten question

A lady that does not know what supportive wife means is not mature for marriage in this hard times?

Brah i wish you the best

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by afamaustin(m): 8:29am On Mar 07, 2016
GOD PLS I DONT WANT SUCH WIFE GIVE ME A GOOD WIFE DAT UNDERSTAND WOT MARRIAGE IS ALL ABOUT

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by MrAboki: 8:30am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:
The Person I Intend To Marry Just Told Me This!!!

Dear Nairalanders,

I've come again to hear your views about this issue.... especially married "Egbons"

So it all started like this, My new fiancee and I just finished a sunday service and I was about going to drop her at home when one of her single friends asked if she could join us which we agreed.

On our way they started talking all wife stuffs sharing their views on a marriage and shii, then one thing led to a financial topic where my fiancee started saying she can never support a husband financially, that a man should be a man and take all responsibilities of every penny to be spent, that the reason she's working is to be able to afford all the things she wants that all the responsibilities of the household is for the husband shocked. I acted cool at first.

Her friend was even saying that she doesnt like to be a liability that at least it should not be the man's responsibility 100% that the wife should be able to support financially, My fiancee outrightly disagreed with her saying support doesnt have to be financial from the wife, that it could be through prayers.

I couldnt keep mute anymore I had to ask her "what does it mean when people say supportive wife? " she replied she doesn't know, that she's sure it doesnt have to be financial.

At some point when the friend had already alighted, I asked what if the man is building a house and needs immediate support for just window frames, she said never!

She even said if she has money in the bank and their is no food at home, we will all drink Garri.

Now here are the facts,
-We got introduced through match making,
-there are some good things about her that is worth consideration.
-I dont think she has dated before because she obviously has no experience whats so ever when it comes to relationship behaviours. she's "efikko" kind of.
-This her ideology seems deep rooted in her upbringing and family., her mum is rich.

My Challenge is,
Should I stick around and try to change that ideology or just move on because I am sure it's a destructive ideology.

Dump her and marry her friend.

Period.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by oluxy(m): 8:30am On Mar 07, 2016
my girl was a first time into relationship too, no experience. we alwz had issue due to her ideology to, it killing.
the most difficulty of all is; they hardly change no matter what you say....

well; try n change her but invite God because I know what am saying. God hep u bro
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Sike(m): 8:34am On Mar 07, 2016
if na me, I go pick race

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Kaycee625(m): 8:34am On Mar 07, 2016
She wouldn't be a supportive wife, you can't change that.
And i would advise you dump her selfish ass

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by popcykaylah(m): 8:35am On Mar 07, 2016
O boy run for your dear life...You know what happens when you are broke ?she starts misbehaving,mih t even leave you or file for a divorce and at the end you will be frustrated..pray about it aha but my opinion run!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Montaque(m): 8:35am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Thanks for the NECK comparison, I will use it in my next discussion with her, she just might not know!
Bro I salute ur optimism. And I will encourage u to work on her, that's the essence of courtship. By the time you wed , all these issues would have been ironed out.
Don't heed to all these guys saying u should quit. As if u can see a woman who shares all ur views before marriage.
Work on her.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by ourchoice(m): 8:36am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:
[size=18pt] I cant help but wonder why no one that commented on this post shares that same mentality or support her view! This is more serious than I thought[/size]
I didn't know somebody was reasoning in my direction too cheesy

Suddenly, every lady commenting here wants and claims to be supportive wife or wife in future, hehe cheesy cheesy

But unfortunately, most Nigerian ladies think like your fiancé @op sad

What to do Next time, don't be too soft on a lady....dont be afraid not to hurt her by saying your own mind. in case of next time, air your mind openly: I WILL NOT MARRY SUCH A LADY O and hear or watch her reaction.

Even Melinda supports Bill Gates the richest man in the world, abeg free that girl now....who said u can't find a better girl maybe the fact that 'her mum is rich' according to u is giving u ecstasy already even though she has made it clear that u won't get a kobo of whatever she earns in life grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by uzoormah(m): 8:36am On Mar 07, 2016
the truth is that she will never ever change. dont be decieved.. if my wife to be tells me this, i will just quit..quit bro, she will never change

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by TruthHurts1(m): 8:36am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

I've come again to hear your views about this issue.... especially married "Egbons"

So it all started like this, My new fiancee and I just finished a sunday service and I was about going to drop her at home when one of her single friends asked if she could join us which we agreed.

On our way they started talking all wife stuffs sharing their views on a marriage and shii, then one thing led to a financial topic where my fiancee started saying she can never support a husband financially, that a man should be a man and take all responsibilities of every penny to be spent, that the reason she's working is to be able to afford all the things she wants that all the responsibilities of the household is for the husband shocked. I acted cool at first.

Her friend was even saying that she doesnt like to be a liability that at least it should not be the man's responsibility 100% that the wife should be able to support financially, My fiancee outrightly disagreed with her saying support doesnt have to be financial from the wife, that it could be through prayers.

I couldnt keep mute anymore I had to ask her "what does it mean when people say supportive wife? " she replied she doesn't know, that she's sure it doesnt have to be financial.

At some point when the friend had already alighted, I asked what if the man is building a house and needs immediate support for just window frames, she said never!

She even said if she has money in the bank and their is no food at home, we will all drink Garri.

Now here are the facts,
-I dont think she has dated before because she obviously has no experience whats so ever when it comes to relationship behaviours. she's "efikko" kind of.
-This her ideology seems deep rooted in her upbringing and family., her mum is rich.

My Challenge is,
Should I stick around and try to change that ideology or just move on because I am sure it's a destructive ideology.

Sadly, your bae has just waved a red flag in front of you, and normally when that sort of thing happens, a guy should simply take to his heels. It is better to go on foot-patrol than to enter one-chance.

If however you are deeply in love with her and you are willing to make the sacrifice, then go for it.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Eddodoh(m): 8:36am On Mar 07, 2016
DonCortino:

You just say my mind!

She will not change! Its better for him to leave her now. Before he opens another complain thread after marriage.
The change we nid come from within ourself. U can't change someone If he/she is not willing. Most pple see d red flags during courtship but ignore them wit d believe dat their spouse will change when they finally tie d knot. Courship & marriage are two different institution, d baggage from one institution should not b transfer to d other. Treat every issue in each stage of ur relationship as a separate entity.

People stay in dead relationships even when d red flag is glaring.

@OP, u r suppose to have soul-search discussion wit ur bae to see if share common goals/aspirations/beliefs and reach some level of agreement on issues dat affect ur future.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by deyemia: 8:37am On Mar 07, 2016
grandlexuz:
Wow tough one. However don't judge her by her words but by her action. I am not saying you should proceed to marry her tonight.Lol All I am saying is give her more time. You already mentioned there are several things about her that merit a thumb up. Truth is very few women will truly love a man and not see the need to lend a hand in times of difficulties. Even the most stingy woman on earth has got a man somewhere that she can empty her bank account for. In due time do put her to the test. You could pretend to be very sick and need her help to buy medications etc etc.

Thanks, she's actually a medical doctor
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Leriebloom(f): 8:38am On Mar 07, 2016
You guys should try talking first before you make any rash decision, and if you see the she is hell bent on keeping that mindset please flee.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Jonnie2time: 8:38am On Mar 07, 2016
Hmmm! life is always sweet until you get to the stage/age when you will desire/need to marry....the intrigues and complexities involve is unexplainable, and its only by the grace of God that we shall make it through! my brother you need the grace at this critical time!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 07, 2016
Marital disaster loading....embark on a detour asap!

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Alal(m): 8:38am On Mar 07, 2016
you said it yourself that she is inexperienced, she will change, is it really possible that she will have money in the bank and allow her family to drink garri, NO. she is being naive, you have a lot to do, have passed that too. you have a lot to teach, lecture, doctor, incalcate and program into her, turn her to what you want, the kind of mother, mummy and woman you want. may God bless your new home.
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by uzoormah(m): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2016
mrkings84:
She is a wife material, stick to her!!

may u marry a wife like her

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by Bobbysmart6(m): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2016
halfricanadian:
undecided rubbish mindset

with d lesson wey i don learn i av to be fuly responsible for my sef hubby money goes to d kids no spend on me dats just it av learnt my lesson embarassed

Change that mindset of hers ok

How can u have money in d bank nd let ur family drink garri?? undecided oga she is joking
to me oo.i dnt she waz jokin.som women re lyk dat.my own z.u dnt need to tel a goat dat u wnt 2 kill it.b4 killing it.so wise up dude
Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by skywalker240(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Well, I think gold digger is not appropriate here because, she's from a rich background just that she doesnt want to support her to be husband in anyway financially.

Probably she assumes all men are gold diggers!
gold digging does not apply to broke babes only,even ladie's from the rich also love to dry a man, its not a thing of riches or family background, its something of the mentality..
I know u must hav seen ladies from rich home's married to a average or struggling man sometimes tend to associate with high class and belive she aint meant to struggle and keep depending only on the struggling man for everything that involves the home.

Point is,

Love peddling is a thing of the mentality
Pls dont mind my grammer

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said She Can't Support Her Husband! by omolola15(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2016
deyemia:

Dear Nairalanders,

Now here are the facts,

My Challenge is,

Best advice ever!! Dump her and go for her single friend that knows what supportive wife means.

Na wetin concern me self.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Wedding Pictures! / Lady Slaps Boy For Asking Her How Much She Charges For Hookup (Video) / Meet 'The Sexy Grand Pa' 45, Who Has 22 Kids With 21 Baby Mamas And A Grandkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.