Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die (62581 Views)

Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes / Buhari Asked El-Rufai To Write Leaked Memo At Daura Meeting - Omojuwa, Authority / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by cardoctor(m): 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
Mallam El-Rufai. The proverbial cat with nine lives.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
If Apostle suleiman no mention the day El-rufai go die make God pawnish am!
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by ayodele2012(m): 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
leaders shld be very careful in wat dey say or do.i dont see anytin wrong in wat d govern did to stop religion violent,in as much d bill is for d 2 religion.apostle sulaimon shld tell us d grey area instead of wanting d satusque to continue.u cant just oppose a course,u av to convince us why u do so.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by olatade(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pastor E.A. Adeboye will never act in the manner with which the foolish Apostle Suleiman acted, he acted crude and without wisdom besides someone need to tell him to read the book of ROMANS 13:1(I'm a muslim tho)
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by nwakaibeya1: 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
John 5,30 Do you know that Today is Yet another Sunday of history and geography teaching and fashion sermons that don't empower humanbeigns spiritually by comedy, story telling pastors&prophets for spiritualy blind bornagain followers and church goers?bornagains and church goers enjoy it and continue to shout pastor ride on and still remain in evil family&occult wickedness and evil marine bondages and can't sleep in the night and witches and wizards feast on them without mercy and pastors and prophets and apostles continue to use bornagains and church goers to make merchandise of their bellies without giving them empowerment and liberation and most importantly give followers PEACE which Jesuschrist promised to give to those who come to him?Again see Jeremiah 5.21,22 Jeremiah 12 10 you must help yourself and Seek for unbeleivable power and recieve it, which is LIGHT,MANTLE and THE POWER THAT BE and this is available only if you believe there is >many just claim bornagain without spiritual wisdom and spiritual eyes and unbelievable power and they hate change and new things of real JESUSCHRIST even when they read that God will do a new Thing in the bible but they still question the same God why he is doing a new Thing? What a disaster humanbeings of the world.BEHOLD kingdom of God ofJesuschrist is not for everyone,neither is heaven for everyone, devil has his own children always and devils children hate change,especially the ones masquerading as BORNAGAINS , we have spoken again and those who have ear let them hear and who can battle with God of justice?remember this is authority and truth&revelation and power that is unbelievable to humanbeigns so it's not compulsory that you must embrace and believe us but only time will tell who is telling the truth or not as this is not like conventional bornagain and bornagain in vogue #NO and NEVER, Our own is accept the truth or perish we dont beg human beigns to accept our truth and revelation#Jesuschrist did not beg human beigns to be bornagain he said go and sin no more and come to me all ye that are tired of carrying heavy evil loads, so it means you must meet a condition before you come to him Jesuschrist and not as they are begging you to come and be bornagain, what nonsense that some one should be begged to worship his creator or send bus to carry you to come and worship he that created you and created heaven and earth? What a great disaster and man made agenda for humanbeings or did Jesus send vehicles to carry people to him when he came before?you must rise up and be wise if you will and only if you reason and think well>this is the time to help yourself there is no more time #click>… https://instagram.com/p/5ZwPDes9uD/ do not say you where not told and for you know who is coming for revenge and if Jesuschrist is comming for revenge will he pet or beg you as they are petting you in so called churches never ,but they pet you in churches because they need your money why not be WISE. The spiritual is the ultimate place seek the spiritual much as we told you that it is at night that we know who is who and no matter what anyone claims to be in the day before SPIRITUALY blind people .Night is the ultimate place of exposure no pretenses there so be wise and think.we have spoken again to the whole world for them to look into what we speak

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by misscall247: 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
slyzy:
Left to me , since the bill does not single out a particular religion for oppression, all the hues and cries it has so far generated are needless.

I understand that most people criticising this bill do so purely out of sentiment without recourse to investigate the underlying relevance of same objectively. Shalom!
Muslims call dia last prayer by 8pm while Christians are to pray without season
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
everydayperson:
is it when blood starts to drip from the blade slicing through your neck that you realize the truth. NIGERIANS!! SMH
You nko.? are you a Biafra?
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by loomer: 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
slyzy:

Why should people block govt road when praying? Was the road constructed for prayers or vehicular and peoples' movement?

In short, blocking of road when praying is a gross violation of freedom movement right of the people obstructed. If the law does not address that aspect then they should forget about it.

Seriously, I hope it does work. Cos even the school compound no dey reach them to pray o, people dey always many.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Profwriter(m): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
isbish:
How is El-Rufai senseless please? Kindly explaIn pls.

he should enact the law for muslims alone, they are the one making kaduna volatile.

What is his business with christianity?

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Babacele: 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lionhearted511:

So the shittes shouldn't be allowed to practice their religion and beliefs because they aren't sunni Muslims in a state with freedom of religion? Better the sunnis are also taken care of too
no we ain't saying they shouldn't practice Shiites or whatever but not violence and hate speeches that can trigger violent reactions. No sir we won't allow that in Nigeria. abi can't we set good examples for the world?
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by loomer: 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Don't be morbid!

For what reason u come dey insult me?
Wetin I talk wey make u dey provoke?

But make you know say no b only u sabi insult sha
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by djjosh(m): 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Kennisch: 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
slyzy:
Left to me , since the bill does not single out a particular religion for oppression, all the hues and cries it has so far generated are needless.

I understand that most people criticising this bill do so purely out of sentiment without recourse to investigate the underlying relevance of same objectively. Shalom!

Did any person notice that most of the examples he gave were Muslims? if he's against Christianity or the practice of it as purported by most media sources (who never cease to mislead for the sake of catchy headlines), it will reflected in the tone of his answers. Truth be told, the ma. is just saying the blatant truth.
When it comes to religion, all our senses of reasoning go off! This is why fraudsters will always use religion to defraud Nigerians, politicians will always use religion to stir chaos for personal gains. God help us all!

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
Grand commander order of demolitions, its high time he paid apostate suleiman a visit, possibly recommend his church for demolition.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
solomonsly11:
It has been said before that Christians are not one. I can see that many that are insulting Apostle Suleman are Christians. Have you heard of El Rufai going to christian communities to demolish houses and churches. Houses that have C of O. You Christians talking nonsense should be careful. God destroyed the children that mock Elijah, you people should be careful for God punishment not to come upon you and your family. El Rufai is a politician his trying to say what you want to hear and you support him to criticised Apostle. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR A WISE.

Houses that were built illegally on government land?

Abeg....there is persecution, and there is a time where Christians need to obey the laws...especially the laws that prevent private developers from building on government land....
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by sweetgala(m): 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
eazysally:
The bill have been their since 1984 and he knows kaduna is religiously volatile while is he revisiting an issue that is already enacted when he suppose to be acting on it, he should have let sleeping dogs lie. the initial public outcry on the bill emanated from his state else u and I who reside outside the state including prophet suleman wouldn't have bother. This shows it has an under tune agender targeted at a particular religion.

He is doing just what you have advocated in your first and second sentence which is to enact a bill which is already active and expand it's scope,

You can't let a sleeping dog lie when you know it would become a bedevilled problem when it eventually wakes up, you kill it in it's infancy if given the chance.

Abeg stop this your ridiculous assertions because this piece here from the horse's mouth had put to rest every wild claims, it is to be regulated by the CAN and Islamic bodies recognised by the Nigerian state , with government keeping a record
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by christinie(f): 2:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
With folks like PMB right?

rodbel:

We have a big problem at hand with folks like this... smh!
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by orisa37: 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
Yankuri. Rufus is my friend. I'm a Prophet and Suleiman s brother .Rufus won't die at all at all.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by sweetgala(m): 2:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
searay:
One of the tool (perharps the only tool) employed by Christianity is Evangelism, which takes place in the outside. You can call it outside preaching either to individual or groups. This bill is aiming at killing evangelism which is Christianity.

YouYou obviously did not read the text and have obviously not read the bill itself .

Thant Bill does not stop evangelism or preaching, it limits the use of religion to abuse the rights of others in the state, it also regulates the wild growth of self imposed religious clerics be they imams or prophets who have not been certified by a body of their peers.

It is likeable to the association of surgeons, without it any person can get up and call himself or herself a doctor of Medicine and claim to be able to perform surgical operations.

The bill essentially promotes certification with the aim of improving quality and ensuring peace because those that preach are inherently bridge builders, who are sworn to a code of ethics, soon with this bill you would see kaduna Muslims and Christians living much more peacefully. Religion would be a reserve for private matters and subject to choice and not imposition. This is something most of the headline Islamic clerics would hate because it reduces their influence.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Acidosis(m): 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

Really? Like, seriously? Why not say "if I want to treat people for diseases, no one can stop me. I don't need to undergo training or be certified. I can just wake up one morning, call myself a doctor, start a medical practice and start dishing out treatments because I feel I can". Why not say that too?

Being a Christian is by choice, very well. Just like getting married or reading books. However, if you want to put yourself in a position of authority over others, then yes, you need to be certified. Even in the Bible there were priests and high priests out of multitudes of priests. Why didn't someone just wake up one morning, declare himself high priest and start executing priestly functions without being appointed. Even prophets were anointed and underwent trainings under other prophets so what's all this you're saying?

Don't use your own to disturb someone else.

So what is the business of a Governor over my mode of worship? We already have CAN and PFN, and whoever wants to lead a church is expected to belong to either of these bodies.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by OBAnkemi: 2:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
eazysally:
The bill have been their since 1984 and he knows kaduna is religiously volatile while is he revisiting an issue that is already enacted when he suppose to be acting on it, he should have let sleeping dogs lie. the initial public outcry on the bill emanated from his state else u and I who reside outside the state including prophet suleman wouldn't have bother. This shows it has an under tune agender targeted at a particular religion.

You are at best a slowpoke! Anyone who reads this interview and doesn't give El-Rufai a thumbs up should have his head checked. From his antecedents, El-Rufai is clearly ahead of his fellow governors, he is to d North what Fashola is to the South West.
And for our so-called men of God (better described as god of men) who play God by running their mouth anyhow,.....the disgrace the Almighty Jehovah meted on your ilk by frustrating your counsel\predictions just b4 d elections and ensuring Buhari won the 2015 general elections never do?
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Flamezreal(m): 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
But some deaths are miserable than others.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by omonnakoda: 2:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
slyzy:

You are quite wrong with this, let me expatiate. There is a fundamental assumption among many Nigerians especially Christians and Muslims that they are correct or that religions are finished. One day Jesus appeared and claimed to be Son of God and another Day Mohammed came and claimed to me Mesdeger of Allah. The principle of freedom of religion should not foreclose the emergence of more Jesuses or Mohammed. In fact any person should be able to wake up and worship the Son the Moon or whatever even the devil. If there is a right for Christians to preach then there must be a right for atheist to "preach" that God does not exist otherwise Government is taking sides.The number of potential religions is infinite.So what gives government the discernment to know who is genuine. If the idea is to prevent hate preaching then there should be an offence as such legislated and SINGLE TRIBUNAL to prosecute that. Once government gets involve it is saying by default it has and idea what is correct teaching.
The political dimension to this is clear. In the North there is a politico- religious order emanating from the Sultan and Emirs that seeks to be custodians and authority on Islamic teaching and so the idea that you cannot wake up and start preaching may be acceptable to the Islamic idea of religious hierarchy. To seek to impose the same on Christianity or other religions is unacceptable. It is a fundamental character of Christianity that YES ANYBOBY CAN WAKE UP AND START A CHURCH IF GOD TELLS HIM TO> While Muslims subscribe to the idea that Miohammed was the last prophet.

But what if another Muslim wakes up and says he is a new prophet. Our constitution allows that while Muslims may be unhappy about it but that is our constitution. Trying to impose an unconstitutional framework is just wrong.
The correct legislation to enact would be against hate speech and incitement without getting government involved in defining whether directly or by proxy about "correct theology".

The example he gave of a woman claiming whatever is a case in point. She is entitled to do that under our constitution though this may conflict with Sharia.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by sweetgala(m): 2:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
Acidosis:

So what is the business of a Governor over my mode of worship? We already have CAN and PFN, and whoever wants to lead a church is expected to belong to either of these bodies.

He is the one in charge of security and peace and where the wild actions of self imposed religious leaders thretens peaceful existence he has a duty to resolve it.

Such a law is not a new thing many individuals like Suleiman who are self appointed saints just have a problem with law and order
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Acidosis(m): 2:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
sweetgala:

YouYou obviously did not read the text and have obviously not read the bill itself .

Thant Bill does not stop evangelism or preaching, it limits the use of religion to abuse the rights of others in the state, it also regulates the wild growth of self imposed religious clerics be they imams or prophets who have not been certified by a body of their peers.

It is likeable to the association of surgeons, without it any person can get up and call himself or herself a doctor of Medicine and claim to be able to perform surgical operations.

The bill essentially promotes certification with the aim of improving quality and ensuring peace because those that preach are inherently bridge builders.

Who is certifying who? Adeboye? Chris? T.B Joshua?

What if I don't believe in the above? Don't I have the right to lead my family and every other person who believes in my preachings?

How do we know the "certifier" himself is not a candidate of hell fire?
What if I don't believe in hell?

How would Hell Rufai know what is right or wrong about Christianity? Is he Jesus Christ?

If the Mandate to certify people is given to Hell Rufai, how would Hell Rufai know the true believers from the fake?

Would Hell Rufai, not mistake crowd for correctness.

Personally, I can't vouch for anyone about his candidacy in Heaven, not even Pastor Adeboye, or Bishop Oyedepo.

God does not work with crowd, he needs only 2 people who are right before him to do wonders.

Christianity is Spiritual, it is not a property of Redeem, Catholic, Eckanker, or Living Faith!

Everyone is leveraging on what they deem as right or wrong!

What if I don't believe in female trousers or earrings? Okay, you can suggest deeper life, what if I don't like Kumuyi, and I just want to study the Bible according to my understanding and I still wish to spread the gospel?

That bill is just dead on arrival. You cannot certify anyone on how, where and when to preach or pray.

We already have two large bodies (CAN and PFN) and any willing pastor should get his church registered in accordance with the bye laws of these bodies.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by geosilbert: 3:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
americanigga:
Fellow Nigerians this is a serious issue. Everybody will die including apostle suleiman, so why is he (suleiman ) talking as if he will not die? I think he should apologize to El-Rufai immediately.

If u ask me it is because of preachers like Apostle Johnson Suleiman that we need this kind of bill(law).

No one who tried to oppose d will of God has ever stand d test of time even in the Holy Bible those who tried to stop d Gospel by all means were all cut short of time. No human have d right to say this is how d Gospel should be preached. And on d ground of who is certified to preach d gospel. Have we forgotten that God do not call d qualified but d unqualified to be made perfect for d message? Moses, saul who became paul, Jonah and d rest? What is their business if anybody preaching d Gospel is qualified or not? God is watching you.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by eazysally: 3:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
sweetgala:

He is doing just what you have advocated in your first and second sentence which is to enact a bill which is already active and expand it's scope,

You can't let a sleeping dog lie when you know it would become a bedevilled problem when it eventually wakes up, you kill it in it's infancy if given the chance.

Abeg stop this your ridiculous assertions because this piece here from the horse's mouth had put to rest every wild claims, it is to be regulated by the CAN and Islamic bodies recognised by the Nigerian state , with government keeping a record

I see sense in ur post thank u very much if every one of my respondents can be this rational there wouldn't drag this for long.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by God2man(m): 3:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
I think we need this kind of confrotation in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by delishpot: 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
slyzy:

They are,worried because, although the bill does not single out any particular,religion, that may give room to the govt of the state tightening the noose around other religions using the law as excuse. I.e, if a Muslim wants to preach in the street or have some public programmes they,will be given permission to go ahead while a Christian will be delayed and even denied permission to,do same. Its like a step mom,that says anybody,that wants to,eat food should let her know before opening the fridge. While this law seems harmless and normal, it may be used as a tool to starve the stepchild whose request to go eat or drink from the fridge would be monitored and frequently denied while the children of the step parents always get the go ahead to eat and drink any time they ask for it.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
I understand elrufais challenges but I think the problem with this bill is d use of religious organizations to regulate sermons. Its like legislating religion. Govt should not be pokenosing into standards of religious practise. I know churches DT don't believe in CAN and are therefore not members.My opinion is DT this problem should be regulated secularly.

-Hate preachers dt use words like infidels, call pple to arms or constitute nuisances should be jailed or sentenced to death. Period.
-Religious organizations should not put loudspeakers outside constituting nuisance.

These can be statewide laws to curb the problem. But u can't start dictating who heard from god and who didn't hear from god and issue licenses. DTS personal and infringes on my personal rights to belief.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by olajide21: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Even the man; Sulaiman might die before El-Rufai...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kwankwaso, Melaye and 13 Other Senators Defect To PDP / Soldiers Who Shot Protesters Must Face The Law, US Officials Tell Osinbajo / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.