Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? (29157 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2009
OvieE:

Uju what ever you are, so what would you say about people in their fifties that still in school in USA?

oh oh, in her book dats a whole life wasted, lol
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by JustGood(m): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
I dont think its proper to list what you MUST have in a partner. It gives you an unrealistic expectation and you may end up waiting forever because you may never find all the qualities in one man and if you find the material quailities, he could also turn out to be your nemesis.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2009
OvieE:

Uju what ever you are, so what would you say about people in their fifties that still in school in USA?

Does being in the US of A exempt someone from being poor? By schooling, I meant first degree dummy.

You know what guys, I’d really love to stay and chat, but I have a date with this really rich guy. So I have to go freshen up and look all cute and sexy.  wink

He’s most definitely the kind of guy I want to marry.  cheesy
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2009
r231:

oh oh, in her book dats a whole life wasted, lol

lol. You know me so well.

JustGood:

I dont think its proper to list what you MUST have in a partner. It gives you an unrealistic expectation and you may end up waiting forever because you may never find all the qualities in one man and if you find the material quailities, he could also turn out to be your nemesis.

Cute!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
r231:

if dats d case den u don't need no man den since u dat rich u can buy u any man you want at any time and dispose him wen u finish, lol

was jus asking bout the age thing cus i want to knw if i am talking to a girl or a lady

I dont 'need' a man, I just want one!! cheesy

As for the age thing, I'm still young enof to have a choice cheesy

Ciao!!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

Even with our University system, a guy that's still in school at the age of 30, for me is not an average guy. He is below average. Of course there could be some circumastances that can be excused, but generally, its not acceptable to me.

@ 30, a guy should be looking to start his family (even with the Nigeria system) and how can he do that if he dosent have all those thinsg I listed. A guy that's still struggling to get there at 35 is a mediocre as far as I'm concerned. Not that I judge them, I just dont want to end up with them!

i think you are very wrong.
A man dont have to own a house to settle down, do u know the cost of owning a house, or u mean have an apartment of his own?
I am sure that if all men has to wait till they build their own house, then, none will be married by now.
2. You yet to answer my question, a man that has skill and contact, what is wrong with yu as a good woman to help him and turn that to money and see it as a potential?
r231:

@Fhemmmy

personally dis is what I think no offence intended to whom it may concern, the way she is talking like i want dis and dat. The pple dat normally talk like dat are pple dat have never seen money b4 and are looking for the best opportunity to get their hands on it and she feel like as a woman since I have 2 boobs, an ass then dat can bring the riches dat my family can survive on, PERIOD

i think you have a good point, cos when someone never seen money and they have tasted real poverty, they will wanna do all possible to roll with the money they have never seen be4.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

I dont 'need' a man, I just want one!!  cheesy

As for the age thing, I'm still young enof to have a choice  cheesy

Ciao!!

i think u just answer it all.
You still young, so when you start to wrinkle, you will even be willing to settle for Okada man and be the one to even buy him the okada.
Good luck
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Feraz(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
[color=Black][/color]
@ovie
abeg take am easy!

Not all igbos are like that!

@uju

how wud u feel if u become ur friends laughing stock?
Take 4 instance, u marry a rich guy n later something bad happens, u become poor?

It is better 2 suffer 4 what u are going 2 have cos it'll have more value dan what u don't have.

"A word", they say, "is enough for the wise" undecided
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

I dont 'need' a man, I just want one!!  cheesy

As for the age thing, I'm still young enof to have a choice  cheesy

Ciao!!

you knw I have some guys in 9ja dat can put u off your misery but don't come crying to me if it goes wrong cus it will definitely go wrong dey will take d ass and wont pay nothing but u will see all those stuff u ask for even more its jus not going to be yours
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2009
LoL. Look at how the guys are really taking this personally
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You still young, so when you start to wrinkle, you will even be willing to settle for Okada man and be the one to even buy him the okada.
Good luck

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by beknown(m): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan,

Be careful with your choice of men. Not all men are men.

Besides, in the modern time different people marry for different reasons.

My advice to you is to be very careful of the choice you make.

Money is not everything. Nobody knows tomorrow.

I have seen women who sponsored their husband through university and he landed a decent job at the end. He or she who laugh last, laughs best.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by OvieE: 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ashawa just read the lists below. This are the kind of people who destory the country you want. Go Bleep yourself.

CBN releases list of banks' huge debtors
By Ade Ogidan Business Editor

http://nigeriaworld.com/

LATE last night, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) made good the promise by its Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi to publish the list of those who are indebted to the five banks, whose management were last Friday dissolved by the CBN.

Topping the list of the mega bad debtors is Ascot Offshore Nigeria Limited, which has N44.67 billion loan burden with Intercontinental Bank Plc. Its directors were named as Joey Chuma Obue, Samuel Aikhionbare, Henry Imasekha and Emmanuel Nwachukwu.

Also, Rockson Engineering Limited, with Mr. J.I.A Arumemi-Ikhide, owner of Arik Air and Mrs. Mary E. Arumemi-Ikhide as directors, is owing the same bank N36.99 billion.

Notore Chemical Industries Limited being operated by Onajite Okoloko was listed as owing Oceanic Bank N32.39 billion, secured from Oceanic Bank, while the troubled Transnational Corporation Plc has N30.86 billion to pay Union Bank, with Dr. Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke listed as its director.

Falcon Securities Limited, with Peter Ololo, Simbabe Joseph and Emmanuel Ugbo as directors, is owing Afribank N29.5 billion. The company is again owing Oceanic Bank N22.26 billion. Also, Rahamaniyya Global Resources Limited, owned by Abdul Rahaman Musa Bashir has a non-performing loan of N28.59 billion with Oceanic Bank.

Mid-Western Oil and Gas Company Plc, owned by Onijite Okoloko and Adams Okonen has N23.86 billion to pay Oceanic Bank.

Surprisingly, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede and Mr. Herbert Wigwe, managing director and deputy managing director of Access Bank Plc, respectively, are owing Intercontinental Bank N16.25 billion, through their company - United Alliance Company of Nigeria Plc.

Other top bad debtors listed by CBN include Mr. Femi Otedola, N12.8 billion (Intercontinental Bank) through his company, African Petroleum Plc and another N6.2 billion is owed Union Bank through his Zenon Oil; Mr. Oba Otudeko, immediate past president of Nigerian Stock Exchange, (NSE), N1.6 billion (Oceanic Bank) through Honeywell Group; and Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim, N14.78 billion (Oceanic Bank), through Global Fleet Industries Limited.

Forbe's rated richest man in Nigeria and NSE president, Alhaji Aliko Dangote also has a non-performing loan of N2.5 billion to clear with Oceanic Bank, secured through Dangote Industries Limited.

Prince Fredrick Akinruntan, owner of Obat Oil and Petroleum Company was also listed to be owing Oceanic Bank N4.47 billion.

On the whole, over N746.19 billion non-performing loans were recorded against the mega debtors in the five banks.

With N278.20 billion, Oceanic Bank recorded the highest volume of the non-performing loans, followed by Intercontinental Bank with N210.9 billion.

Afribank is being owed N141.86 billion; Union Bank N73.58 billion; and Finbank N42.45 billion.

CBN, in the advertorial, described the debtors as the largest and vowed to continue publishing the list of the defaulters on an on-going basis.

The apex bank said: "Following the recent regulatory action of the Central Bank of Nigeria on the five banks, it has become necessary to use this medium to request the following defaulting customers of the affected banks to pay without further delay, their indebtedness, failing which the banks will take appropriate legal actions to ensure repayment.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2009
OviEe.

You must be nursing a wound
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
This Uju no get friends oh. I was thinking grego was her man. Haha. Marry one of ur already-made pals.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by chiogo(f): 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2009
Na wa oo. why are you people taking this issue so seriously?

Fhemmmy:

Good luck
grin grin grin grin grin LOL

I get the poster's point now: according to her, she has her stuff going on so she's justified in wanting a rich guy. I don't advise anybody to settle for less. tongue
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by OvieE: 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2009
Uju do not know the meaning of life. She is a wasted/used bitch that want to reap what she did not sole. I have never write or join Nairaland. I used read people post day and night until I saw this one that make join Nairaland to give this barstand bitch a piece of my mind. Imaging you landed a such man today and get married, if your in-law find out that you are just fuckin trap getting what you did not plant, can face you mother in-law. What happen if the sister in-law face you as well, what you would do. Uju, you must be a Witch.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2009
chiogo:

Na wa oo. why are you people taking this issue so seriously?
grin grin grin grin grin LOL

I get the poster's point now: according to her, she has her stuff going on so she's justified in wanting a rich guy. I don't advise anybody to settle for less. tongue

there is no reason why anyone shd settle for less.
However, dont see all thing with $$ signs, see potential and be able to work together to build a great union of a home
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ade2kay(m): 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
Hmm,
I have learnt a whole lot reading through all these posts today, from page 1 to 13

@Uju
I guess your eyes will still be closed when up-coming guys with potentials hit the top.

May our parts never cross (Amen)
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ade2kay(m): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
May our paths* never cross (Amen)
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Busybody2(f): 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Dont mind Iyalode jare. All those fish and chips have clouded her head on how things are done in Naija. who's gonna tell some slowpoke who knocked someone up and didnt have the balls to say no to a pastor or relatives to know just dump the marriage after 10 years all in the name of "mordern living"

Make I hear word. He deserved what he got

Can that topic just die once and for all sheesh

Leave me alone oh angry Don't be selfish cheesy How can the topic that taught me about a great Nigerian tradition just die like that without us sharing it with others, walai if i knew this earlier, chei cheesy

@ Tpia

Thanks for the gem of wisdom I am gaining from Nigeria's trado-history lesson o jare, because of you I now know that

~ It is Nigerian tradition to marry the girl you impregnate by force tongue

~ It is Nigerian tradition to take marrriage seriously and not run at the slightest hint of trouble e.g you catch your hubby on top of another woman, your hubby discovered you married him solely for his money, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera shocked

Feel free to pass on more of your wisdom my way abeg kiss

Another thing I have learnt on Nairaland is that 95% of NL'ers would not marry a person whom their parents do not approve of either by virtue of wealth, tribe or whatever. By the way, I saw three threads on this subject before coming to my conclusion/figure.

Now some of the reasons given were "they are my parents and want the best for me" "They will be the one to settle fight for us if anything happens" etc. The point I am trying to raise is that if Nigerian parents are in support of arranged marriage, and the children don't mind, why can't someone like the poster "arrange" a rich man for herself to marry too, surely there is nothing wrong if you look at it from that angle cool Abeg no flame me, I am only trying to brainstorm and justify why there should be nothing wrong in marrying a rich man for future reference research purpose, thats all cheesy
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by sosisi(f): 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2009
OvieE:

Uju do not know the meaning of life. She is a wasted/used bitch that want to reap what she did not sole. I have never write or join Nairaland. I used read people post day and night until I saw this one that make join Nairaland to give this barstand bitch a piece of my mind. Imaging you landed a such man today and get married, if your in-law find out that you are just fuckin trap getting what you did not plant, can face you mother in-law. What happen if the sister in-law face you as well, what you would do. Uju, you must be a Witch.

can you shatap!
why are you carrying this whole thing on your coconut head ?
tufiakwa
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ijawgirl: 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
OvieE:

na wa oo its not that serious
she wants to marry a rich man, its her choice. . shuu
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
$osisi:

can you shatap!
why are you carrying this whole thing on your coconut head ?
tufiakwa

Bushman mentality. grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ijawgirl: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
this picture says a lot . .

Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by MUZBO(m): 11:28pm On Aug 19, 2009
@uju, once again here's everything about you.
MUZBO:

1. Beauty: 4/10- Don't contest this o. You sound smart though selfish but I know beauty is inversely proportional to intelligence in most cases, so you get 4.

2. Assets: (a) Two 5 bedroom duplexes in Lekki.- try sleeping in all the rooms.

(b)3 exotic cars costing 4-6 mills each.- Can they fly? Try removing all the passenger seats so your selfish self can ride alone.

(c) 10million in fixed depo at Oceanic bank.- bad investment babe! Brace up, the Ocean is coming to your doorstep.

3. You are a rocket scientist.- That don't impress me much.

I know I gave you more than you are worth but its what I do. Even your cousin will like me.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

LoL. Look at how the guys are really taking this personally

The rich ones won't even complain this much. cheesy
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Sauron1: 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2009
@ Ujujoan,

I support you 110%
You are not wrong to want to marry a rich man.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Hauwa1: 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
nah, too many broke guys around

99% are broke
grin
stillwater:

The rich ones won't even complain this much. cheesy
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Dave6: 12:38am On Aug 20, 2009
"I meet nice guys, good guys that really like me; but I can’t accept them cos they don’t have what all of the above. They could have some, but for me, the ones I listed are basic and non-negotiable"

"Am I being materialistic?"

I'm afraid you really are materialistic, b/cos apparently you would like to be with even a monster just for your 'non-negotiable' ambitions!

"I hate to have to give a guy a loan, give him my car to use, let him move into my house cos my apartment is better and then change the deeds of my property to our name.
I hate to have to buy my clothes cos he's not rich enough to afford the clothes I wear.
I hate to have to split the bills cos my pay check is better or even similar to his.
And above all, I hate to think he wants me for what I have to offer!!"

Eyaaaaa!!!! undecided cry
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Dave6: 12:55am On Aug 20, 2009
Me I no understand this Nairaland o!
This Uju girl's orientation is out of place but the only reply I see from over 90per cent of ladies here is the guys replying the post are broke, and you ladies are the nairaland babes
And I don't know what you expect the 'wealthy guys' to be doing now, jumping up?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by vislabraye(m): 1:41am On Aug 20, 2009
Uju seems to be enjoying the attention she's getting. It's not a sin to have that ambition of marrying a rich guy. There're places to find such guys. By the way, let's see your picture for a better analysis kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Why So Many Women Still Take Their Husband’s Last Name / Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? / What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.