Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women (25092 Views)

Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) / National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health / Oyo State Signs Bill Prohibiting Violence Against Women (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by funlord(m): 11:30am On May 23, 2016
angry
CFCman:
Here are five ways Nigeria, ironically, Legitimizes discrimination against women and the girl child:

CITIZENSHIP
Did you know that section 26 (2) (a) of the 1999 Nigerian constitution denies a woman the right to confer citizenship statues on her foreign husband but grants such rights to a foreign woman married to a Nigerian male?

ASSAULT
The criminal code doles out harsher punishment – felony – for assault against a man. Be you a woman, it is misdemeanour. Read here what section 353 of the criminal code says: “Any person who unlawfully and indecently assaults any male person is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years. The offender cannot be arrested without warrant.” And read here what 360 says: “Any person who unlawfully and indecently assaults a woman or girl is guilty of a misdemeanor, and is liable to imprisonment for two years.”

MARRIAGE
Under Nigeria’s penal code guiding the northern parts of the country, “Nothing is an offence, which does not amount to the infliction of grievous harm upon any person and which is done by a husband for the purpose of correcting his wife. Such husband and wife being subject to any natural law or custom in which such correction is recognized as lawful.”

WORK
Section 55 of the Labor act bans women from working in the night. “No woman shall be employed on night work in a public or private industrial undertaking or in any branch thereof, or in any agricultural undertaking or any branch thereof.”

POLICE
This must take the biggest piece – the police regulation. Section 121 to 126 regulates the affairs of women in the way it does not regulate males.
Women police officers shall, as a general rule, be employed for duties that are concerned with women and children only. Married women cannot enlist in the police. Where an enlisted single woman wants to get married, she must have spent two years in the police and then apply for permission to marry.

She must furnish the police with particulars of fiancé who must be investigated and cleared before permission is granted. A married woman police officer “shall not be granted any special privileges by reason of the fact that she is married and shall be subjected to posting and transfer as it were unmarried.”
In addition, police women are required to place the alphabet ‘W’ before their rank.
• For Compensation, Gratuity and Disability Pensions: provision was made for payment only to “wife‟ or “widow‟. No reference to spouses (husbands)
• Police women married to civilian husbands are disallowed from living in police barracks.
• Travel allowance made only for accompanying ‘wife’ and children. No husbands.

Also, an unmarried woman police officer who is pregnant shall be discharged from the force.
https://www.thecable.ng/married-women-cant-join-the-police-5-ways-the-constitution-discriminates-against-women#

These laws need to be discarded in a trash bin! Very archaic!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by orble: 12:16pm On May 23, 2016
MarieSucre:

Pls can you enlighten me on what you feel women should fight for instead and how it is different from civil rights movement.

Its funny how you think that we women see ourselves as another constituency when we are arguing on a topic about a constitution that was entirely composed and compiled by MEN that still uses disparate laws for gender.

Or was it women that did a constitution that says "Women. cannot pass on their citizenship to their husband and children or a man can beat his wife anyhow he wants" or that policewoman need to jump through hoop holes to get married or women cannot work at night.

Delusion! Delusion!

Well sweetheart,
I'm so compelled by our customs and traditions, one of them is; real men DO NOT argue with women.

Well, 1. there's nothing wrong when a man chastise his wife necessarily. 2. why should a woman be labouring esp. in the night when her husband and other men-relatives are alive... God forbid!

Pls, be sincere my lady, all women more susceptible to manipulations and deceit particularly from our men folk... it will be unwise for any organ of govt in Nigeria not to "look well well " on the prospecting husbands of their women nay our women.

On citizenship, children automatically comes from the family where their father hail from.

If not these its a delusioned illusion!
Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by lezz(m): 1:12pm On May 23, 2016
MarieSucre:

More like you'll answer me never. Coz you ain't got no answer. Hypocrite.

MarieSucre:

I will address your number one directly. I'm guessing you're not opposed to white women giving men and their children citizenship even though they're prone to emotional vulnerability.
Seeing that statistics show that men are more prone to pack up and leave the family, maybe for another woman etc. Mothers more than not stay and shoulder the children. That there are lot more single mothers than fathers is a testament to this. Somehow these women who are obviously clear headed and determined for their families suffer from "emotional vulnerability" than the men who bail on them.
lolz The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Doubly presumptuous you are!!!
Been having network bottleneck!

And whatever gave you the impression I am in support of western countries granting citizenship to foreign males?

Have the males here not taken utmost advantage of that statutory folly and exploited their women, economy and statutes by that act?

Has America and the West not imposed stricter measures to curb its excesses?

Listen young lady, not every country smiles at dual citizenship and even those countries who do have strict control on who they confer it to or what public or electoral office they run.

Oh, and men may cheat more than women, but they don't often break the union, majority of single mothers were never married or left their marital home in their own volition.

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 9:34pm On May 23, 2016
orble:

Well sweetheart,
I'm so compelled by our customs and traditions, one of them is; real men DO NOT argue with women.

Well, 1. there's nothing wrong when a man chastise his wife necessarily. 2. why should a woman be labouring esp. in the night when her husband and other men-relatives are alive... God forbid!

Pls, be sincere my lady, all women more susceptible to manipulations and deceit particularly from our men folk... it will be unwise for any organ of govt in Nigeria not to "look well well " on the prospecting husbands of their women nay our women.

On citizenship, children automatically comes from the family where their father hail from.

If not these its a delusioned illusion!

I am actually sad that our customs and traditions haven't produce something superior like NASA, WHO, UN, Hollywood. Its wonderfully backward things like the drivel you posted.

Your point 1 *sighs* A product of the Neanderthal mind.

Point2. Its still your type that will say women lean on men too much and we bring nothing to the table. Here you're standing in the way of this same thing. Make up your f**king mind. Why y'all so confused. What do you f**king want??

"Pls, be sincere my lady, all women more susceptible to manipulations and deceit particularly from our men folk... "

Wow, I never thought.. wow a man can admit this on nairaland. Look what you typed there. If I had typed this, you peeps would have called me a man-hater.
Now let me ask you a question, since it's men who do the manipulation(in your words) why are women the ones who have their liberty taken away from them? In a stadium or the cinema, it's the unruly audience or fan who gets sent out not the quiet ones who abide by the rules.

A wiseman once said "The true mark of an idiot is someone who cannot possibly conceive how anyone on earth could think differently than they do. "I do or believe X so everyone must do X and if someone doesn't do X they're either an idiot or a liar because X is all I know and what I know is all I NEED to know."

Ponder upon this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 9:45pm On May 23, 2016
lezz:

And whatever gave you the impression I am in support of western countries granting citizenship to foreign males?

Have the males here not taken utmost advantage of that statutory folly and exploited their women, economy and statutes by that act?

Listen young lady, not every country smiles at dual citizenship and even those countries who do have strict control on who they confer it to or what public or electoral office they run.

Oh, and men may cheat more than women, but they don't often break the union, majority of single mothers were never married or left their marital home in their own volition.

Its good thing that people like you don't support their laws because it's inconsequential. They're great with or without your backward views.

Even females have taken advantage of it to, but their stricter measures do not include taking away the right of women to pass on citizenship. Obama is an example of a man who got his citizenship from his mom but I guess when you praise your "first black president" you can't smell the hypocrisy in the air.

That's bullshit and you know it. You only need to ask enough people around you to know how many husbands just up and left to be with some mistress. And saying women leave their marital homes on their volition does not explain why the women left and why the men didn't instead handle the children to prove they don't have "emotional vulnerability".

Mind you the countries which don't offer dual citizenship are few and in-between, more importantly they're underdeveloped and backwards. No one even wants their citizenship in the first place, so that is not a good point at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 9:46pm On May 23, 2016
lezz:

I am actually sad that our customs and traditions haven't produce something superior like NASA, WHO, UN, Hollywood. Its wonderfully backward things like the drivel you posted.

Point2. Its still your type that will say women lean on men too much and we bring nothing to the table. Here you're standing in the way of this same thing. Make up your f**king mind. Why y'all so confused. What do you f**king want??

"Pls, be sincere my lady, all women more susceptible to manipulations and deceit particularly from our men folk... "

Wow, I never thought.. wow a man can admit this on nairaland. Look what you typed there. If I had typed this, you peeps would have called me a man-hater.
Now let me ask you question, since it's men who do the manipulation(in your words) why do women have to have their liberty taken from them? In a stadium or the cinema, it's the unruly audience or fan who gets sent out not the quiet ones who abide by the rules.

A wiseman once said "The true mark of an idiot is someone who cannot possibly conceive how anyone on earth could think differently than they do. "I do or believe X so everyone must do X and if someone doesn't do X they're either an idiot or a liar because X is all I know and what I know is all I NEED to know."

Ponder upon this.
Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 23, 2016
In the past, a married woman had to obtain a written 'permission' from her husband in order to apply for a Nigerian passport, until a Federal High Court declared that policy null and void.
Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by lezz(m): 10:51pm On May 23, 2016
Let me start by saying I find it quite amusing you felt the need to quote a short post of mine twice!!! That's how inadequate and desperate I made you !!! grin grin grin

Ok, let's dispense with the intro. I come to you:
MarieSucre:

I find your logical deficiency as sad as your emotional wantonness! What has the laws or statutes of Nigeria got to do with space technology or United Nation, or Film production or World health Organisation? Is there any laws in Nigeria that prohibits or discriminate between the sexes in education or technology? Is UN,WHO a Western institution or organisation? Your dumbness will make dingbats look like geniuses!

Miss dummy-dumb-dumb with a schizophrenic desire to sound intelligent, What a horseshit of uncorrelated nonsense are you typing up there?

Seems there is no filter between what your brains process and what your leprous fingers type!!!

MarieSucre:

I'm still wondering what part of you was subjected to more abuse; your püssy or your mind?

MarieSucre:

You're still a presumptuous, bedazzling and blabbing nanny-goat.

Stick to the topic at hand. Seems you love seeing your unique idiocy in electronic print so you can give a half-drooling imbecilic smirk!

MarieSucre:

Now let me ask you question, since it's men who do the manipulation(in your words) why do women have to have their liberty taken from them? In a stadium or the cinema, it's the unruly audience or fan who gets sent out not the quiet ones who abide by the rules.
How does the character flaw of a few individuals discredit a productive statute? The few criminal element that manipulate women for green card and resident permit cannot make the law a bad law. Running your pot of soup with too much spices doesn't make spices bad, does it.

Women's emotional vulnerability is genetically ingrained. There's nothing I can do to help you. Learn to live with your endless sorrows.

MarieSucre:

Ponder upon this.
The best comic show on earth is when a beffuddled female displays her ignorance like public nüdity in front of the watching world.
I have never seen ignorance showcased in a celebratory fashion like you just did.

The emotion of shame must be totally alien to slimmy Beldame like you.

You, my friend are markedly stüpid with more than your own fair share of amentia.

I believe you're using up all the stüpidity of your future life on this one.

Orue!!! Try anymore stupid insult let me troll you into the sewage dump you came out from.

Wasted birth of mundanity!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by orble: 10:57pm On May 23, 2016
MarieSucre:

Ponder upon this.

Ponder on what? That Effeminacy (feminism) put NASA's Armstrong on the moooon? -are you kidding me?

What! that the UN WHO is a creation of the white man alone?
That you're totally obsessed about the white man ur gender people worship?

That our own Aba made Nollywood is world number 1 seconded only by Bollywood and Hollywood is in a far away third?

that dimwit don't know the western world is loosing their common sense of responsibility?

That women are to play the role of ordering men in our own society?

Come-on beautiful lady, stop this illusion now.

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by lezz(m): 11:14pm On May 23, 2016
[s]
MarieSucre:

Its good thing that people like you don't support their laws because it's inconsequential. They're great with or without your backward views.

Even females have taken advantage of it to, but their stricter measures do not include taking away the right of women to pass on citizenship. Obama is an example of a man who got his citizenship from his mom but I guess when you praise your "first black president" you can't smell the hypocrisy in the air.

That's bullshit and you know it. You only need to ask enough people around you to know how many husbands just up and left to be with some mistress. And saying women leave their marital homes on their volition does not explain why the women left and why the men didn't instead handle the children to prove they don't have "emotional vulnerability".

Mind you the countries which don't offer dual citizenship are few and in-between, more importantly they're underdeveloped and backwards. No one even wants their citizenship in the first place, so that is not a good point at all.
[/s]

No amount of words can begin to convey the extend of your extreme mental retardation or intellectual bankruptcy!!!

Let me ask you this:

Do men and women receive equal pay in America, your country of divine reverence?

Do you know that archaic Nigeria gave women franchise before major Western European countries?

Do you know what year female lawyers were allowed to wear trousers in courts in the UK?

You are a sponger, a fool and a she-monster quack!!!

Get out of the internet and go finish JAMB.

Bottomless dregs of human waste!!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by lezz(m): 11:29pm On May 23, 2016
orble:

Ponder on what? That Effeminacy (feminism) put NASA's Armstrong on the moooon? -are you kidding me?

That our own Aba made Nollywood is world number 1 seconded only by Bollywood and Hollywood is in a far away third?

that dimwit don't know the western world is loosing their common sense of responsibility?

I am done, arguing intellectually with that assumptive hag with chronic brain lession.

Such buffoonery and emboldened ignorance is an act of mental terrorism!!!

She quotes me, I switch to full troll-mode.

The bïtch is allergic to logic as I'm hypersensitive to stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by lindabon: 11:34pm On May 23, 2016
goingape:
seriously just look at how the typical American men behave now!

them behave like imbec1le because they have given too many right to the WOMEN and no wonder gay is at it highest level THERE.

if we dear try this MISTAKE, this country will go down.

You actually think that Nigeria as it is, is GOING UP! Funny how these same countries we pretend are delusional are the same countries Nigerians are giving their arms and legs to get a visa. I'm not defending America, but we Nigerians need to stop this hypocrisy and start being honest with ourselves. How can we claim we have it all, yet Nigerians are crowding every foreign embassy for visas to travel abroad. Denial is a serious issue with Us. How many Nigerians will claim that they don't secretly obsess about Life outside Naija? Still most of us will sit ideally in these foreign countries and tell ourselves that a country like America is "going down" and Nigeria is "going up". No wonder we are not moving forward; Denial!Denial!Denial!....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by calliope(f): 12:07am On May 24, 2016
goingape:
what are you talking about?

who is oppressing You?

if you still think the white man give justice and respect to the black man then I think something is wrong with your HEAD.

why do you think racism is still at is highest peak in the US?

haven't you wonder why he was murdered AFTER he pass that slavery law?

the female right you are fighting for is nothing but greed and selfishness!

you already have all the right but can't use it because ya can't THINK straight and don't have goal in LIfe.

do you know what the average female always think About?

go to sch, FINISH, and get a rich man who can marry them and sit at home watching TV while the man will come if not probably cook for her.

illusion illusion!

JEEEZ that's one hell of a fallacious statement as regards the average Nigeria.n woman...

2 Likes

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by goingape: 1:50am On May 24, 2016
calliope:

JEEEZ that's one hell of a fallacious statement as regards the average Nigeria.n woman...
undecided
Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by postmann: 9:30am On May 24, 2016
lezz:

I am done, arguing intellectually with that assumptive hag with chronic brain lession.

Such buffoonery and emboldened ignorance is an act of mental terrorism!!!

She quotes me, I switch to full troll-mode.

The bïtch is allergic to logic as I'm hypersensitive to stupidity.

King lezz, she was ignorant of who you are. Though the king of trolls you are, yet I find you wasting too much on tiltering in an intellectual or logical bandy with most of these women. They're argumentative and rebellious nags.

Take the quickest route next time as soon as you perceive one of these unrepentant daughters of Eve. Not necessarily trolling, just reach out for the cold, hard truth and dish it to her. She'll have two options; either she initiate the trolling or she takes a walk. But if she takes the former route, you know which side of the ditch she'll find herself wink

That was some good smack you gave that zombified, sold-out goat of a woman.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 9:59am On May 24, 2016
orble:

Pls stop being disingenuous jo. When I talked about traditions, the examples I gave were in contrast to your so-called right to beat a wife among all other disgusting vomit that you hold on tight to.

And yes, you're right I'm not just obsessed with the white, I'm obsessed with Japan, how they manage to bounce back from two devastating bombs and be a technology power house is amazing.
I'm obsessed with Dubai, how it turned from a desert shithole to a sprawling paradise is just simply astounding(with the same oil we have).
I am obsessed with China, a country that has been able to balance capitalism and communism and is the biggest atheist republic is just befuddling.
I am obsessed with India, a country that is struggling with population control, now has very severe penalties for any rape allegation, and just sent a reusable rocket into space yesterday.
Finally I am obsessed with America, a country which for 80% of it's existence pillaged Native Indians, treated blacks like the scum of the earth and had laws that denied women the right to own property or vote or marry out of her race, now a leading advocate for ALL human rights.

Sure, they're not all perfect, but would you rather I be obsessed with the olodo of the class?

Here is this definition of Effeminacy
- adjective(often) Exhibiting behaviour or mannerisms considered typical of a woman or girl; unmasculine.(obsolete) womanly; tender.

wtf does the above have to do with feminism or science and technology that NASA and co fall under. Or is that you do not know the meaning of a term, you just spout anything that comes to mind to make yourself sound intelligent.
At least they have that. Its way more than what you have. What has your right to beat your wife and to withold citizenship from women helped? Who e epp?

Have you ever gone to the cinema to pay to watch even just one of the recent Nollywood movies? Pls hang your pride where the sun doesn't shine.

Here you are saying the West is losing their sense of responsibility, here they are, flourishing. You with your so-called sense of responsibility, how come your leaders are fantastically corrupt and the society is on the whole backward and ignorant.

Sure we are not perfect and neither is the west, but acknowledging that there is a problem is half solving.

last bullet.. Its funny you talk about the west creating UN and how they champion human rights and women rights. The saying goes "The mark of a great society is not in how it treats it's majority but in how it treats it's minority." "The worth of a man is not in how he treats his superiors but his inferiors".
Look how we prey on minority tribes, on any religion that has a lesser population in any locale, on any outsider. So it's no surprise you have such revolting views. You're a product of your society.

Stop being a bigot, women are already in positions of authority right from birth, women have already ordered people under them right from birth; your mother, your aunty's, the female police officer who impounds your car, the female doctor who gets impatient at you for not being serious with your health, the female minister who has thousands of workers under her, the female senator who has a whole constituency under her supervision, the female entrepreneur who has hundreds of workers and a burgeoning business etc Stop acting like those racist old white men who were alive in 1940's when black men were lynched for talking to a white woman but could not believe a black man could be president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by postmann: 11:31am On May 24, 2016
MarieSucre:

Pls stop being disingenuous jo. When I talked about traditions, the examples I gave were in contrast to your so-called right to beat a wife among all other disgusting vomit that you hold on tight to.

And yes, you're right I'm not just obsessed with the white, I'm obsessed with Japan, how they manage to bounce back from two devastating bombs and be a technology power house is amazing.
I'm obsessed with Dubai, how it turned from a desert shithole to a sprawling paradise is just simply astounding(with the same oil we have).
I am obsessed with China, a country that has been able to balance capitalism and communism and is the biggest atheist republic is just befuddling.
I am obsessed with India, a country that is struggling with population control, now has very severe penalties for any rape allegation, and just sent a reusable rocket into space yesterday.
Finally I am obsessed with America, a country which for 80% of it's existence pillaged Native Indians, treated blacks like the scum of the earth and had laws that denied woman the right to own property or vote or marry out her race, now a leading advocate for ALL human rights.

Sure, they're not all perfect, but would you rather I be obsessed with the olodo of the class?

- adjective(often) Exhibiting behaviour or mannerisms considered typical of a woman or girl; unmasculine.(obsolete) womanly; tender.

wtf does the above have to do with feminism or science and technology that NASA and co fall under. Or is that you do not know the meaning of a term, you just spout anything that comes to mind to make yourself sound intelligent.
At least they have that. Its Way more than what you have. What has your right to beat your wife and to withold citizenship from women helped? Who e epp?

Have you ever gone to the cinema to pay to watch even just one of the recent Nollywood movies? Pls hang your pride where the sun doesn't shine.

Here you are saying the West is losing their sense of responsibility, here they're are flourishing. You with your so-called sense of responsibility, how come your leaders are fantastically corrupt and the society is on the whole backward and ignorant.

Sure the we are not perfect and neither is the west, but acknowledging that there is a problem is half solving.

last bullet.. Its funny you talk about the west creating UN. And how they they champion human rights and women rights. The saying goes "The mark of a great society is not in how it treats it's majority but in how it treats it's minority." "The worth of a man is not in how he treats his superiors but his inferiors".
Look how we prey on minority tribes, on any religion that has a lesser population in any locale, on any outsider. So it's no surprise you have such revolting views. You're a product of your society.

Stop being a bigot, women are already in positions of authority right from birth, women have already ordered people under them right from birth; your mother, the female police officer who impounds your car, the female doctor who gets impatient at you for not being serious about with your health, the female minister who has thousands of workers under her. The female Senator who has a whole constituency under her supervision, the female entrepreneur who has hundreds of workers and a burgeoning business etc Stop acting like those racist old white men who were alive in 1940's when black men were lynched for talking to a white woman but could not believe a black man could be president.

[b]
You're a faithless woman, a greedy easy-lay whose perception in life is limited to materialism and a staggering, shameful sense of judgement.

Every country has its time, Japan, China, India, United Arab Emirates and the US. These are far older countries with a far better homogeneous structure than Nigeria whose peoples speak different languages with little inter-relational contacts across the federation before colonial conquest.

Japan did well after the second world war, but until you look deeper it's a country in decline. With a dwindling population of over 10yrs. With all the technology, Japan is going down economically, socially and morally.

China is a darling. The one that gives your slave-masters sleepless nights. She shut her doors to the West and she developed in her own pace and values. She would not be bullied. She's a perfect example that a country can survive without selling lewdness, perversion and immorality like the West.

India isn't doing too badly. But she's getting there. She licked the balls of the whiteman and she grew slower than her mate, China.

Funny you feminist sighted dubai as an example! But you know as a woman you have many restrictions in that city of splendour, one of which you must be in the company of a man before booking in a hotel. And unlike your devilish western society, you can't kiss in public.

And the US, the greatest pretender and hypocrite of all times. She's not an example. She's an aggressor, a mischief maker, a campaigner of equality only when it suits her evil purpose. Little wonder she can't sanction Saudi Arabia for all the gender oppression taking place in that country cos she has so much to lose.

And Obama isn't black, dumb woman! Even if his father was white and his mother black, the white society would still consider him impure cos they think themselves superior that any racial mix is not good enough for them.

Is Nigeria chronically corrupt? Yes. Are our leaders shortsighted? Yes. Are we where we're supposed to be? Not exactly.

But are we moving forward? Yes! Are we where we once were? No! Are we making progress technologically and economically? Hell yes!!!

Did we put a satellite in orbit? Yes!
Are we the first ever black nation to do that? Hell yes!!!
Is inoson motors indigenous to Nigeria? Hell Yes!
Is Glo indigenous to Nigeria? Hell yes!!

And the list of progress goes on... as Nigeria ages like wine, she'll get sweeter and blend smoother just like the much older countries you sighted as examples.

But you!!!!, you're a vagabond, an easy-lay moved by greed! Taken by the eyes like your mother, Eve. You're a disgrace to your father's people. A self-hating pariah with brain damage, a sold-out retrograde. A disgrace to motherland.

It is your kind that enemy soldiers use to infiltrate her own people.

#DirtySlutfulTraitor[/b]

3 Likes

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 12:05pm On May 24, 2016
postmann:

[b]
You're a faithless woman, a greedy easy-lay whose perception in life is limited to materialism and a staggering, shameful sense of judgement.

Every country has its time, Japan, China, India, United Arab Emirates and the US. These are far older countries with a far better homogeneous structure than Nigeria whose peoples speak different languages with little inter-relational contacts across the federation before colonial conquest.

Japan did well after the second world war, but until you look deeper it's a country in decline. With a dwindling population of over 10yrs. With all the technology, Japan is going down economically, socially and morally.

China is a darling. The one that gives your slave-masters sleepless nights. She shut her doors to the West and she developed in her own pace and values. She would not be bullied. She's a perfect example that a country can survive without selling lewdness, perversion and immorality like the West.

India isn't doing too badly. But she's getting there. She licked the balls of the whiteman and she grew slower than her mate, China.

Funny you feminist sighted dubai as an example! But you know as a woman you have many restrictions in that city of splendour, one of which you must be in the company of a man before booking in a hotel. And unlike your devilish western society, you can't kiss in public.

And the US, the greatest pretender and hypocrite of all times. She's not an example. She's an aggressor, a mischief maker, a campaigner of equality only when it suits her evil purpose. Little wonder she can't sanction Saudi Arabia for all the gender oppression taking place in that country cos she has so much to lose.

And Obama isn't black, dumb woman! Even if his father was white and his mother black, the white society would still consider him impure cos they think themselves superior that any racial mix is not good enough for them.

Is Nigeria chronically corrupt? Yes. Are our leaders shortsighted? Yes. Are we where we're supposed to be? Not exactly.

But are we moving forward? Yes! Are we where we once where? No! Are we making progress technologically and economically? Hell yes!!!

Did we put a satellite in orbit? Yes!
Are we the first ever black nation to do that? Hell yes!!!
Is inoson motors indigenous to Nigeria? Hell Yes!
Is Glo indigenous to Nigeria? Hell yes!!

And the list of progress goes on... as Nigeria age like wine, she'll get sweeter and blend smother just like old the much older countries you sighted as examples.

But you!!!!, you're a vagabond, an easy-lay moved by greed! Taken by the eyes like your mother Eve. You're a disgrace to your father's people. A self-hating pariah with brain damage, a sold-out retrograde. A disgrace to motherland.

It is your kind that enemy soldiers use to infiltrate her own people.

#DirtySlutfulTraitor[/b]

I'm so happy that nairaland can't wipe posts. It seems you're trying hard, I mean so hard to show me you have comprehension issues.

Each of post showed why I am obsessed with each country;
Japan - technological advancement even after 2 nuclear bombs dropped on them.

China - A Communist nation that can balance capitalism and communism to make for an Asian economic giant.

India - A country that is struggling between vast economic inequalities between the rich and the poor, rape epidemic against women(which it is actively trying to fix), and technological advancement.

Dubai - A country that was all but a desert 50 years ago, Now with the same oil we; Nigeria has too(very shameful) is now a paradise.

America - a country fraught by deep divide between races and gender now trying to mend the cracks and build a unified and equitable nation.

But you and your yet undiagnosed dyslexia turned it into a massive rant against the west. If you hate them so much, why are using a phone, why are you on the internet, why are you wearing those western clothes, why are you chatting in English, Why enter a car to anywhere, why watch tv, why watch porn, etc etc Its all product of capitalism massively marketed by the west. If you don't like it, there is still some jungles and swamps left in the Niger-Delta for you to live in.

Sure Nigeria is making progress in a lot of areas but the last election showed us that there is a lot of prejudice between tribes and religion. This constitution shows us there is a lot of prejudice against women. And nothing is been done to mitigate both.

See unlike you, I have the ability to like or in your words "obsess" about different things from different countries. They're not all perfect but those different things are to be emulated. Instead of coming on nairaland and using gutter words that make you look like a common tout, what are you doing to stop bigotry and prejudice between tribes, religion and men and women?

I don't understand your first line. "Limited to materialism?" Pls tell me how Nigeria can start exporting spiritual things?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by postmann: 12:21pm On May 24, 2016
MarieSucre:

I'm so happy that nairaland can't wipe posts. It seems you're trying hard, I mean so hard to show me you have comprehension issues.

Each of post showed why I am obsessed with each country;
Japan - technological advancement even after 2 nuclear bombs dropped on them.

China - A Communist nation that can balance capitalism and communism to make for an Asian economic giant.

India - A country that is struggling between vast economic inequalities between the rich and the poor, rape epidemic against women(which it is actively trying to fix), and technological advancement.

Dubai - A country that was all but a desert 50 years ago, Now with the same oil we; Nigeria has too(very shameful) is now a paradise.

America - a country fraught by deep divide between races and gender now trying to mend the cracks and build a unified and equitable nation.

But you and your yet undiagnosed dyslexia turned it into a massive rant against the west. If you hate them so much, why are using a phone, why are you on the internet, why are you wearing those western clothes, why are you chatting in English, Why enter a car to anywhere, why watch tv, why watch porn, etc etc Its all product of capitalism massively marketed by the west. If you don't like it, there is still some jungles and swamps left in the Niger-Delta for you to live in.

Sure Nigeria is making progress in a lot of areas but the last election showed us that there is a lot of prejudice between tribes and religion. This constitution shows us there is a lot of prejudice against women. And nothing is been done to mitigate both.

See unlike you, I have the ability to like or in your words "obsess" about different things from different countries. They're not all perfect but those different things are to be emulated. Instead of coming on nairaland and using gutter words that make you look like a common tout, what are you doing to stop bigotry and prejudice between tribes, religion and men and women?

I don't understand your first line. "Limited to materialism?" Pls tell me how Nigeria can start exporting spiritual things?

[b]Dummy dunce, I will show you why technology and westernisation are two different things. But not now. I'm too busy to attend to your ignorance. But when I do...

***continued
Your the causative product of cheap internet and Google abuse. When a mis-educated simpleton with acute anencephaly gets hold of a piece of information she turns it into a weapon of misapprehension and false propaganda.

A mental puppet schooled through western TV programmes and organised cooperate media - a brain-washed prey who has sold and exchanged her dignity and uniqueness to become the inferior version of something, someone who was never your better.

A misplaced cuckoo who judges material progress as moral progress. A wanderluster, driven by greed and discontentedness, hawking her dignity at each terminal, searching frantically for a better life.

Of course Dubai is a country just as Lagos is a country. That's how half-baked and unaware in the political arena you are.

Looking at your submissions, I don't know which stink more--your leaking brain or your menstrual pad.

The internet is a product of mathematics, and the whiteman didn't invent maths. Same with phones and cars. They were as a result of mathematics and physics and chemistry and the whiteman never pioneered those.

But I'm not here to trade points with you. You're far gone in delusions and are badly miseducated. You know too little of what you're trying to pontificate on.

China and Dubai burrowed a harmless little from the West, the little that won't hurt their sense of value and morality and called the others trash.

I just hurried a reply through. But I'll surely have you for dinner when I get home.
[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 12:37pm On May 24, 2016
lezz:
Let me start by saying I find it quite amusing you felt the need to quote a short post of mine twice!!! That's how inadequate and desperate I made you !!! grin grin grin

Ok, let's dispense with the intro. I come to you:
I find your logical deficiency as sad as your emotional wantonness! What has the laws or statutes of Nigeria got to do with space technology or United Nation, or Film production or World health Organisation? Is there any laws in Nigeria that prohibits or discriminate between the sexes in education or technology? Is UN,WHO a Western institution or organisation? Your dumbness will make dingbats look like geniuses!

Miss dummy-dumb-dumb with a schizophrenic desire to sound intelligent, What a horseshit of uncorrelated nonsense are you typing up there?

Seems there is no filter between what your brains process and what your leprous fingers type!!!

I'm still wondering what part of you was subjected to more abuse; your püssy or your mind?

You're still a presumptuous, bedazzling and blabbing nanny-goat.

Stick to the topic at hand. Seems you love seeing your unique idiocy in electronic print so you can give a half-drooling imbecilic smirk!

How does the character flaw of a few individuals discredit a productive statute? The few criminal element that manipulate women for green card and resident permit cannot make the law a bad law. Running your pot of soup with too much spices doesn't make spices bad, does it.

Women's emotional vulnerability is genetically ingrained. There's nothing I can do to help you. Learn to live with your endless sorrows.

The best comic show on earth is when a beffuddled female displays her ignorance like public nüdity in front of the watching world.
I have never seen ignorance showcased in a celebratory fashion like you just did.

The emotion of shame must be totally alien to slimmy Beldame like you.

You, my friend are markedly stüpid with more than your own fair share of amentia.

I believe you're using up all the stüpidity of your future life on this one.

Orue!!! Try anymore stupid insult let me troll you into the sewage dump you came out from.

Wasted birth of mundanity!!!

*sighs* I had to actually sift through post over and over again to get the points out.
Here we go.

The traditions post was in reply to a post about how our traditions support a man beating his wife. And I simply pointed superior and universally beneficial things that our so-called tradition could not come up with.

Secondly, do you not agree that having a national constitution of the "giant of Africa" enshrine wife-beating is the product of a neanderthal mind and anyone who support such belongs on pre-colonial times?

Thirdly, I am sticking to the topic, why enact a law to stop women from working at night. Even if it's being flouted nowadays why not scrap it officially like Paris did to the women wearing trouser in public law so no one can abuse it later?

Furthermore, you did not say "a few individuals", you said "men folk". I am so happy nairaland can't delete comments hahahaha. Look at you swallowing your words. I like it. Keep exposing yourself.

Here are some pertinent questions:-

Women also manipulate men for ccitizenship card, why doesn't the law take away men's right to pass it on too? If Nigerian men manipulate foreign women for green card why do Nigerian women have to be the ones to suffer for their crime ?

The rest is just gibberish. I see you're from the Niger-Delta. Stop perpetrating that wrong stereotype of Niger-Delta.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 12:41pm On May 24, 2016
postmann:

Dummy dunce, I will show you why technology and westernisation are two different things. But not now. I'm too busy to attend to your ignorance. But when I do...

I agree they're two different things. But they're at the fore-front. of cutting edge technology right now. And we're not.
I used that make one half of a point about how we hold on to archaic nonsense.

Pls don't use style to detract from the point.
We have serious issues of tribal and religious bigotry, we have a constitution that enshrines prejudices against gender. What are you doing about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by orble: 1:22pm On May 24, 2016
MarieSucre:

Finally I am obsessed with America, a country which for 80% of it's existence pillaged Native Indians, treated blacks like the scum of the earth and had laws that denied woman the right to own property or vote or marry out her race, now a leading advocate for ALL human rights.

At least they have that. Its Way more than what you have. What has your right to beat your wife and to withold citizenship from women helped? Who e epp?

Here you are saying the West is losing their sense of responsibility, here they're are flourishing. You with your so-called sense of responsibility, how come your leaders are fantastically corrupt and the society is on the whole backward and ignorant.

Sure the we are not perfect and neither is the west, but acknowledging that there is a problem is half solving.

last bullet.. Its funny you talk about the west creating UN. And how they they champion human rights and women rights. The saying goes "The mark of a great society is not in how it treats it's majority but in how it treats it's minority." "The worth of a man is not in how he treats his superiors but his inferiors".

Stop being a bigot, women are already in positions of authority right from birth, women have already ordered people under them right from birth; your mother, the female police officer who impounds your car, the female doctor who gets impatient at you for not being serious about with your health, the female minister who has thousands of workers under her. The female Senator who has a whole constituency under her supervision, the female entrepreneur who has hundreds of workers and a burgeoning business etc Stop acting like those racist old white men who were alive in 1940's when black men were lynched for talking to a white woman but could not believe a black man could be president.

All ur bullets are off target... I'm a very busy man and don't have enough time to talk to you....

All I'm saying is men and women have to be the best they can be.. not the over jealous feminists....

All I can assure you is; this illusion won't give you a safe landing.
Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 1:25pm On May 24, 2016
orble:

Thank God you can't delete post on nairaland. This is the crap you said. Stop trying to justify backwards, regressive, non-productive thinking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by postmann: 1:27pm On May 24, 2016
postmann:

[b]Dummy dunce, I will show you why technology and westernisation are two different things. But not now. I'm too busy to attend to your ignorance. But when I do...

***continued
Your the causative product of cheap internet and Google abuse. When a mis-educated simpleton with acute anencephaly get hold of a piece of information she turns it into a weapon of misapprehension and false propaganda.

A mental puppet schooled through western TV programmes and organised cooperate media - a brain-washed prey who has sold and exchanged her dignity and uniqueness to become the inferior version of something, someone who was never your better.

A misplaced cuckoo who judges material progress as moral progress. A wanderluster, driven by greed and discontentedness, hawking her dignity at each terminal, seething frantically for a better life.

Of course Dubai is a country just as Lagos is a country. That's how half-baked and unaware in the political arena you are.

Looking at your submissions, I don't know which stink more--your leaking brain or your menstrual pad.

The internet is a product of mathematics, and the whiteman didn't invent maths. Same with phones and cars. They were as a result of mathematics and physics and chemistry and the whiteman never pioneered those.

But I'm not here to trade points with you. You're far gone in delusions and badly miseducated. You know too little of what your trying to pontificate on.

China and Dubai burrowed a harmless little from the West, the little that won't hurt their sense of value and morality and called the others trash.

I just hurried a reply through. But I'll surely have you for dinner when I get home.
[/b]
Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by orble: 1:42pm On May 24, 2016
MarieSucre:

Thank God you can't delete post on nairaland. This is the crap you said. Stop trying to justify backwards, regressive, non-productive thinking

kindly point out the craps

Thanks in advance.
Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by Mikollon1(m): 1:52pm On May 24, 2016
MarieSucre:

Number 1 - YOU'RE SO F**KING IGNORANT
Yes women and men receive equal pay for the same job. The difference is in total earnings. Single women and single men earn the same gross total for the same jobs. The disparity comes between married men with children and married women with children(married women without children are still on par with single men and women).
This disparity comes about by lifestyle choices. What fields are women prone to go into? is it a higher paying field? Do they take on more or less jobs after childbirth that would make easier to facilitate promotion?

What has Nigeria done? Girls are still taught to grow up and marry rich men and also to not choose high paying jobs so that their husbands doesn't feel less like a man among other short stories.

I've seen your posts. They lack logic but I don't expect much from you since feminists aren't smart anyway. Feminists go off on emotions. To be fair, they do have some points. These points pales in comparison to the pros.

I'm only posting this because the dude you are having a back-and-forth with isn't thorough. One can effortlessly floor a feminist without being insultive.

All your points hinge on They Say! You forget you have a choice. Men don't owe you nothing!

You will live your life based on your lifestyle choices. Don't expect men to pickup your slack. If you choose to have 0, 1, 3 or 6kids, there'll be give for that get. The same goes for your career choices. A colleague quit being a Directional Driller because he wasn't seeing his kids grow. The job he moved to attracted a pay cut of say $30k per year. It's his choice. He's happy with it. He isn't blaming society or patriarchy.

I was told by male elders that I'm to take care of my wife blah blah, but nah! She'll take care of her self. She'll be an adult. If I were a feminist, I'll say, em em society n parents told me to take care of my wife n provide for her so I must do it.

Nah! I do what I want to do. When my sons come, they won't be genitally mutilated. I don't need anyone's approval. No excuses!

Feminists don't understand this narrative though. They always want to blame men for the choices they (the feminists) make.

As an adult, you are responsible for you decisions. If someone tells you not to work or be ambitious and YOU CHOOSE to obey them, you have made your choice. Learn from it and move forward. Don't blame men, blame yourself!

You have no respect for men. You forget everything is man-made. Including the menstrual pad you were. Including the GOD you worship. Including education. Including o'clock.

Men invented the world as you know it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 2:05pm On May 24, 2016
orble:

kindly point out the craps

Thanks in advance.

Read through your post again. Then change the race or tribe so you can see your bigotry clearly.
Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by lezz(m): 2:39pm On May 24, 2016
MarieSucre:

Number 1 - YOU'RE SO F**KING IGNORANT
Yes women and men receive equal pay for the same job. The difference is in total earnings. Single women and single men earn the same gross total for the same jobs. The disparity comes between married men with children and married women with children(married women without children are still on par with single men and women).
This disparity comes about by lifestyle choices. What fields are women prone to go into? is it a higher paying field? Do they take on more or less jobs after childbirth that would make easier to facilitate promotion? These are factors to consider. Try to read in detail about things so as not to sound ignorant.

www.payscale.com/gender-lifetime-earnings-gap

www.aauw.org/research/the-simple-truth-about-the-gender-pay-gap/

www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2016/05/53_years_after_equal_pay_act_why_women_still_earn_less_than_men_and_how_to_bridge_the_wage_gap_city_club_panelists_say.html

ec.europa.eu/justice/gender-equality/gender-pay-gap/index_en.htm

www.pay-equity.org/

Here are two states passing laws to end it:

www.ibtimes.com/will-californias-fair-pay-law-eliminate-gender-wage-gap-2248337

dailyfreepress.com/2016/02/01/senate-gender-wage-gap-equity/

What are you trying to do about it? Nothing! Nada! Zilch! Instead you're nairaland insulting an anonymous woman. With your likes little wonder Nigeria is how it is.

What has Nigeria done? Girls are still taught to grow up and marry rich men and also to not choose high paying jobs so that their husbands doesn't feel less like a man among other short stories.

Number 2- YOU'RE A BLATANT LIAR.
1788 United States of America (to stand for election)
1893 New Zealand (to vote)
1902 Australia*
1906 Finland
1907 Norway (to stand for election)*
1913 Norway**
1915 Denmark, Iceland*
1917 Canada (to vote)*, Netherlands (to stand for election)
1918 Austria, Canada (to vote)*, Estonia, Georgia 1, Germany,
Hungary, Ireland*, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland,
Russian Federation, United Kingdom*
1919 Belarus, Belgium (to vote)*, Luxembourg, Netherlands (to
vote), New Zealand (to stand for election), Sweden*,
Ukraine
1928 Ireland**, United Kingdom**

Even Cameroon and Niger got before us; 1946 and 1948 respectively.

Nigeria(South)-1958
1978 Nigeria (North), Republic of Moldova 1 , Zimbabwe (to stand
for election).

Imagine with Zimbabwe fa.
www.ipu.org/wmn-e/suffrage.htm

Number 3 - I CANT TELL IF YOU'RE JUST A PROFESSIONAL ILLITERATE

There is no evidence of female British lawyers ever been banned from wearing trousers. And it's hypocritical for you to make such a comparison on a blog where almost every some over-zealous religious homo sapien yaps about how women should stop emulating western women to wear trouser. like the jeans he puts on is his tribal wear.

*sighs* That was exhausting. Now I Hope and pray you receive sense, our country is counting on you to have sense.

[b]The difference between me and you is that I, Leslie, I do have original knowledge. But you, you're a product of 5 minutes Google search.

Your long epistles of charlatanism and desperate search of intellectual endorsement leave you looking stupider than you were when you set out on your quest to display your congenital mental limitations cool

* First off, in America women are paid 79% of what men received for SAME JOB. 2016 STATISTICS
http://www.aauw.org/research/the-simple-truth-about-the-gender-pay-gap/

Your state of demency and analphabetism is beyond medical and professional remedy.

* Second, Nigeria, the country you so love to hate gave women voting experience before some Western countries or roughtly same time. Check this out.

Women started voting in Lagos town council (a kind of quasi- local govt) as early as 1950.

In the Eastern region of Nigeria granted universal adult suffrage by 1954. And by 1956 Western Nigeria followed. Hehehehe. Olodo, bimbo.

Now let's go to Europe, the region where you sold your staphylococca, furunculosis-vagina for gratis.

Switzerland granted partial female voting rights in 1971 and federal elective rights in 1990 shocked shocked shocked
Greece 1952 and almighty France 1944.

http://everything.explained.today/Universal_suffrage/

I know you're lost to shame. But here's where you've got to feel some. Deadhead!!!

Let me diss you again for fun:

I know your type: You went to school too old and too late.

You just couldn't wait to finish learning before peddling your interrupted education funded by the proceeds of your tomato business. Adult education isn't the deal, my dear. You're an analphabetic , intellectual woo-woo and an exhibit A in the litigation of quacks!!!

I see you jumping around quoting everyone. What's the matter ? Are you an intellectual prostitütë ? Are You done selling your lax püssy, you want to peddle your half-baked education told you by your drunken customers in between moments whilst waiting for their flaccid dïcks to stir up again? Idiota!!!

Sadistically frustrated loonie!!!

[/b]

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by MarieSucre(f): 3:02pm On May 24, 2016
Mikollon1:

I've seen your posts. They lack logic but I don't expect much from you since feminists aren't smart anyway. Feminists go off on emotions. To be fair, they do have some points. These points pales in comparison to the pros.

I'm only posting this because the dude you are having a back-and-forth with isn't thorough. One can effortlessly floor a feminist without being insultive.

All your points hinge on They Say! You forget you have a choice. Men don't owe you nothing!

You will live your life based on your lifestyle choices. Don't expect men to pickup your slack. If you choose to have 0, 1, 3 or 6kids, there'll be give for that get. The same goes for your career choices. A colleague quit being a Directional Driller because he wasn't seeing his kids grow. The job he moved to attracted a pay cut of say $30k per year. It's his choice. He's happy with it. He isn't blaming society or patriarchy.

I was told by male elders that I'm to take care of my wife blah blah, but nah! She'll take care of her self. She'll be an adult. If I were a feminist, I'll say, em em society n parents told me to take care of my wife n provide for her so I must do it.

Nah! I do what I want to do. When my sons come, they won't be genitally mutilated. I don't need anyone's approval. No excuses!

Feminists don't understand this narrative though. They always want to blame men for the choices they (the feminists) make.

As an adult, you are responsible for you decisions. If someone tells you not to work or be ambitious and YOU CHOOSE to obey them, you have made your choice. Learn from it and move forward. Don't blame men, blame yourself!

You have no respect for men. You forget everything is man-made. Including the menstrual pad you were. Including the GOD you worship. Including education. Including o'clock.

Men invented the world as you know it.

"Number 1 - YOU'RE SO F**KING IGNORANT
Yes women and men receive equal pay for the same job.
The difference is in total earnings. Single women and
single men earn the same gross total for the same jobs.
The disparity comes between married men with children
and married women with children(married women without
children are still on par with single men and women).
This disparity comes about by lifestyle choices. What
fields are women prone to go into? is it a higher paying
field? Do they take on more or less jobs after childbirth
that would make easier to facilitate promotion?
What has Nigeria done? Girls are still taught to grow up
and marry rich men and also to not choose high paying
jobs so that their husbands doesn't feel less like a man
among other short stories."

I had to post my comment again to be sure of what exactly you're referring to. He said that there is a disparity between the wages even in western countries and I clearly told him(if you can even read at all) that there is none. If i was some kind of woman, i would have jumped on the bandwagon and exclaimed "aha! you see. Discrimination even here *cue evil laughter*. But I went further to explain that the only reason there is this disparity between married couples is because of life style choices. Which I outlined? Where did I blame men in this instance. If anything I blamed the Nigerian society for it's negative influence. Scroll up to see.

Sure I am responsible for my choice. But I am not responsible for societies reactions. Single mothers, divorces, career women are responsible for their life choices. But we both know how society reacts. Its pure stupidity not to factor that in. Its the same with a man, he can't suddenly not want to be a breadwinner. Society would lynch him. Its just not fair to both genders and we should change this(but apparently some like it more than others).

Your first meme applies to the comments you're supporting. Some accusations of how we want to cut of their dick. Is that how it feels to have your privilege taken away.

I never said that in any comment. In fact if I remember I said clearly that men should stop saying women bring nothing to the table if they're going to support discriminatory laws like the one saying women can not work at night or tiresome rules directed at female police officers and they're spouse. I never said anywhere in this comment chain that women should wait for men to take of them.

I applaud the choice your friend made. Not a lot of father's are hands on, they're content with bringing the bulk of the money.

I'm not disputing that men have innovated and revolutionized the world as we know it. But how does this mean that others should be treated inferior? Or do you support that the western world should be justified in their racism because let's be honest, they're actually the ones who went to the moon and invented the sanitary pad. We're a consumerist nation.
Sure we respect them BECAUSE of what they've done but does that mean they can tell us to shut da f**k up and make discriminatory rules against us?

The worth of a man is measured not by how he treats his superiors but by how he treat his inferiors.

I had to post my comment again to be sure of what exactly you're referring to. He said that there is a disparity between the wages even in western countries and I clearly told him(if you can even read at all) that there is none. If i was some kind of woman, i would have jumped on the bandwagon and exclaimed "aha! you see. Discrimination even here *cue evil laughter*. But I went further to explain that the only reason there is this disparity between married couples is because of life style choices. Which I outlined? Where did I blame men in this instance. If anything I blamed the Nigerian society for it's negative influence. Scroll up to see.

Sure I am responsible for my choice. But I am not responsible for societies reactions. Single mothers, divorces, career women are responsible for their life choices. But we both know how society reacts. Its pure stupidity not to factor that in. Its the same with a man, he can't suddenly not want to be a breadwinner. Society would lynch him. Its just not fair to both genders and we should change this(but apparently some like it more than others).

I never said that in any comment. In fact if I remember I said clearly that men should stop saying women bring nothing to the table if they're going to support discriminatory laws like the one saying women can not work at night or tiresome rules directed at female police officers and they're spouse. I never said anywhere in this comment chain that women should wait for men to take of them.

I applaud the choice your friend made. Not a lot of father's are hands on, they're content with bringing the bulk of the money.

"Feminists don't understand this narrative though. They
always want to blame men for the choices they (the
feminists) make."

2 Likes

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by Mikollon1(m): 3:25pm On May 24, 2016
MarieSucre:

"Number 1 - YOU'RE SO F**KING IGNORANT
Yes women and men receive equal pay for the same job.
The difference is in total earnings. Single women and
single men earn the same gross total for the same jobs.
The disparity comes between married men with children
and married women with children(married women without
children are still on par with single men and women).
This disparity comes about by lifestyle choices. What
fields are women prone to go into? is it a higher paying
field? Do they take on more or less jobs after childbirth
that would make easier to facilitate promotion?
What has Nigeria done? Girls are still taught to grow up
and marry rich men and also to not choose high paying
jobs so that their husbands doesn't feel less like a man
among other short stories."

Now I see why that guy insults you. He has a low threshold for bullsh!t tolerance.

As an experienced MRA, I'm for forgiving to feminists because, like I stated before, the are not smart. They thing along the lines of emotions vis a vis logic.

In my earlier post, I did state individuals are responsible for the choices they make.

Okay let me apply it for you since I get the impression you are slow.
If a woman knows her career choice and family choice will clash, she can adjust. She has a brain. In life, you can't get it all.
If you career lifestyle will affect your family size, adjust. Don't blame men.

A person can choose to marry at 18, 20, 25, 30, 35 etc. All these milestones have career and lifestyle implications. It's not society's fault. It's the individual's fault.

A person can choose to have 0, 3, 4 or even 7 kids in 8 years. These things are lifestyle choices that affect people's earning potentials.

A person can choose to be ambitious to be the CEO and put marriage away (e.g Amal Clooney). I don't think that lady is under 40. Np kids. It's her choice. Perhaps her earning potential would have been hindered by motherhood.

Hillary Clinton has just one child. She's running for president now.

So you see, life is what you make of it.

Don't blame men. Blame the choices you make.

BTW I won't allow my sons to be genitally mutilated. You think I give a rat's arse what society will think?

Be matured. Grow up! Society or men don't owe you shit.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 24, 2016
It was only in January this year that the US opened up ALL combat positions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Innoson Motors Signs Deal With China To Pump $1bn Into Nigeria / Stella Oduah: Why I Was Absent For Vote On E-transmission Of Election Results / PDP Warns Buhari To Beware Of Fashola's Deceptive Skills

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 227
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.