Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants (54311 Views)

Jerusalem. Malaysia Army Ready To Play Role / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
donbrowser:

Firstly i am not from SS neither am i from SE and who told you the NA have till date seen the people they are going there to fight?
That's exactly what i'm saying, the NA is training to fight a set of people they haven't seen physical. Just to ordinarily trace their location from the IP through which they post on twitter is a problem also they havent been able to deduce the modus operandi of these guys yet they want to fight against them.
I'm not saying they cant destroy the NDAs but i'm saying the NA doesnt have enough information yet.
Next time be extra matured and read carefully before you reply.

How did you know that the NA doesn't know the avengers modus operandi nor have information about them?

Are you the COAS?

guy argue maturedly, instead of saying things you know nothing about
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by donbrowser(m): 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

How did you know that the NA doesn't know the avengers modus operandi nor have information about them?

Are you the COAS?

guy argue maturedly, instead of saying things you know nothing about
If you need links i can give them to you but this will be the last time i will reply you since you first centred your response on the assertion that i'm pro-jonathan, ipob or whatever.
Were you in Togo when the first set of troops went to ND to secure the oil wells and amidst heavy security presence these guys were still able to blow up oil wells and upload on twitter few minutes later yet you come here to spew trash.
If they truly know their modus operandi, tell me how many of them have been killed on sight or arrested lately?
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by otiigba1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
willibounce1:

Pity yourself. The difference is I am not bombing pipelines. The problem with you airheads is that you put emotions and sentiments into serious issues. I don't even understand the rubbish you are trying to pass across. Go and preach to the NDA to find something better to do with their lives. Ppl like you who don't live in niger delta wil come online and encourage terrorist to blow pipelines but won't join them to assist because you don't want to die. Bunch of bitter animals.
i see you are so Angry, hatefull and sad, if you are so bothered about the NDA why not join the army? and perhaps you might get the oppoturnity to kill them yourself, it might make you feel better. You see? you have failed to explain to me how the bombing of pipelines Affects your life personally. And yes! I do not live in nigeria, wasn't even born in nigeria it will not affect me that doesn't mean i want humans like me bombed for no rellevant reason.
Why can't the Government negotiate with them? And find out what's their reasons. Killing them will not change their ideology and try not to insult any one who do not agree with your sentiment, it's just their opinion just like you have yours
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

How many nautical miles can they go into international waters .

These militants will be classified pirates if they step into international waters.
leave chimdiebere alone.

He doesn't know that the moment the Nigerian forces declare all out war on their silk amphibians, all Nigeria naval ships will form a blockade in our coastal waters to prevent going out and coming in of food and weapons while the army does same on land.

What beats me is how some freaks think some ragtag militants can defeat Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
donbrowser:

If you need links i can give them to you but this will be the last time i will reply you since you first centred your response on the assertion that i'm pro-jonathan, ipob or whatever.
Were you in Togo when the first set of troops went to ND to secure the oil wells and amidst heavy security presence these guys were still able to blow up oil wells and upload on twitter few minutes later yet you come here to spew trash.
If they truly know their modus operandi, tell me how many of them have been killed on sight or arrested lately?
they mode of operation has been clearly understood. Since they were in charge of oil pipeline protection, a contract that was given to them by the corrupt GEJ, they've been able to study the whole blueprint very we'll. That's why they have been able to carry out attacks even in the midst of heavy military presence. They are successful cos they already have those pipelines strapped with dynamites which they set off with a remote control from afar. The strapping was done last year, before the elections when it became clear GEJ was going to lose. Remember the meeting he had with ex-militants in January last year.

Their tactics have been discovered.

guess whose tactics have not been discovered?

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by shamecurls(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2016
[size=28pt]God bless the Nigerian Army[/size]

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2016

[size=14pt]Mi-35p attack helicopters of the Nigerian Air Force[/size]

Full night vision operation
– Look shoot weapon system
– Tactical low level cannon operations
• Defensive/offensive “look shoot” strikes
• Very accurate longer range attack
– Armed recce/patrol missions
– Long range anti armour
– Infrastructure interdiction (accurate bombs)

AVIONICS
Easy to use displays and controls provide precise systems control for the new extended operational environment.
– Clear, functional & safe NVG implementation
– Logical screen menu’s with push button system control
– Automated multi-sensor & multi dimensional navigation
– Precision aiming for new weapons applications
– Tactical mission communications
– Threat focussed electronic warfare protection
– Mission specific adaptations to suit clients

NIGHT CAPABILITY
– Full cockpit NVG conversions
– Cabin lighting conversions
Installations of:
•IR Landing lights
• Formation lights
Suppression of:
• Nav/anti-col lights

FLIGHT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
– Intelligent MFD’s with integral FMS
– Flight plans, waypoints, fuel and position management made easy
– Multi-redundant for battlefield failure or damage tolerance

ELECTRONIC WARFARE
– Basic or full electronic warfare protection
– Choice of different
– RW sensors capabilities
– LW sensors capabilities
– Choice of missile Warning systems

SIGHTING SYSTEMS
– High powered Thermal & TV detection & Tracking
– Laser Beam Projection or designation
– Choice of pilot HUD or Helmet sight
TACTICAL COMMUNICATION
– RMU control
– Customised/integrated displays
Choice of
• V/UHF systems
• HF
• Radio navigation
• IFF
– Secure Communication
– Tactical Data Communication

ENHANCED SUB-SYSTEM
– Components
• Composite blades
• Filters

NAVIGATION
– GPS & Doppler hybridisation
– GPS/Glonass variations implemented
– Digital map with multiple mode selections

WEAPONS
– An offensive armour busting tactical troop transporter ready for the ever changing modern battlefield
– Simple to use effective stabilised day/night sighting system
– “Accurate” + look-shoot turreted cannon
– Choice of accurate anti-armour missiles
– Computer aided precision to ballistic ordinance
• Unguided rockets 57mm and 80mm Russia
• Ballistic Bombs
– Guided 70mm rocket capability
– Devastating interdiction with laser guided bombs
– Modular mission computer

WEAPON SYSTEMS
- Dedicated ordinance control electronics
– 20mm “look shoot” turret cannon
– Multiple weapons beam adaptions
– Multiple weapons choices

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by oweniwe(m): 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
nairalandbuzz:

Even tho I don't support Nigeria breaking up, I like ur points

The way Nigeria is right now, nobody want the others to develop ahead of them.... So they cantralize everything.... Power, ports, federal this, federal that

Those who want to move faster are tied down or frustrated from pushing ahead.

The last thing any sane Nigerian want is the break up of Nigeria ... We love Nigeria, but I cannot stand the fact that I'm paying N145 per liter for petrol drilled in my backyard, BEDC has deprived us of power for 3 years and to cap the insult, some stupid herdsmen from chad or Niger brought their cows to my village and destroyed my uncle's farm .... This is rubbish ... How long shall we continue to swallow all these rubbish because of "one Nigeria "?

All the constitutional conferences recommended true federalism or regionalism... Because of selfish interests they trash the everything.

All the tribes in Nigeria are busy frustrating each other... Abacha frustrated MKO ... Obassnjo frustrated Atiku... Boko haram frustrated GEJ ... Now niger delta is frustrating Buhari... How shall we develop with this kind tribalism and nepotism in Nigeria?

We want development but can't generate more than 5,000mw because the national grid can't take more than that ... That means the National grid is frustrating us.... Oya dismantle the national grid... They will shout no no no, let us manage it like that .. who will continue to manage darkness with them?

I Don't have any problem with federalism, regionalism or confederation... But to continue with Nigeria like this... If they no gree to restructure, everybody should go their way jare.

The desire to break away from Nigeria has been there even before independence .... Let us face the truth.. whether we like it or not... People will still continue to agitate forf freedom from Nigeria until nobody will be able to tie them down anymore ...

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by delvinmaya(m): 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

No body is saying military should not invade the creeks all people are asking is spare the innocent people and engage with the militants, the nigerian military has a record of leaving the enemy and wasting their bullets on the innocent, they did it in asaba, in odi, in zaki biam, they are doing it to unarmed ipob protesters who don't carry any weapon, they are planning to use on Niger deltans. The idea murdering the innocent is barbaric and only a useless unprofessional military would use that

Any person who supports the killing of the innocent will die by the same means.

And here comes one of the kids. Comprehension would have indicated to you that I don't support the military exerting force. However you and your ilks have all been about the militants ability to stay under water and how the Armed Forces can't do squat to them. Being delusional is one thing, being pragmatic is another. Ability to comprehend is also another thing. Next time comprehend before you mention me.

As to their record of "killing the innocent" , we all agree it's wrong, however tempting fate is plain stupidity, especially when the dead end up not getting justice. So is it right to goad the militants fueling their ego and forgetting the grass that will eventually suffer?
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
delvinmaya:

And here comes one of the kids. Comprehension would have indicated to you that I don't support the military exerting force. However you and your ilks have all been about the militants ability to stay under water and how the Armed Forces can't do squat to them. Being delusional is one thing, being pragmatic is another. Ability to comprehend is also another thing. Next time comprehend before you mention me.

As to their record of "killing the innocent" , we all agree it's wrong, however tempting fate is plain stupidity, especially when the dead end up not getting justice. So is it right to goad the militants fueling their ego and forgetting the grass that will eventually suffer?

What I am saying in a nutshell is that Nigeria military should not leave the elephant and start fighting the grass.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by willibounce1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
Jaycool18:
oh.. Their father did not put oil in the ground abi.. and the Oba of Lagos can threaten igbos with lagoon and it's fine..

Let me ask you one question, was it his father that built Lagos??

I knew it had to be about igbos. Pure bitterness that you can't over. Biafra is dead and gone my brother. Move on.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by delvinmaya(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

What I am saying in a nutshell is that Nigeria military should not leave the elephant and start fighting the grass.

We both are saying the same thing albeit in our different ways. Am insisting that individuals on here goading on the militants fail to see beyond their nose and rely on tales of "gods" etal to say the army is "impotent" and can't face the militants. Is this true? Once the chips start falling, it isn't just the militants that will count their cost, the innocent will always have their share.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by aminadat: 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
oweniwe:

So it is okay by you all the states go broke and are unable to pay salaries of millions of workers because the government is bent on jailing a few people?

Is it okay by you for the government to lose $5bn because it want to recover $1bn?

It is like a shop owner who locked shop to go pursue debtors and is complaining that he is not making sales or profit.... Whereas, his shop remain locked. He locked up his shop with goods worth N1bn to go pursue debtors who owed him N100m... He has been unable to pay his workers salaries as a result.

If I were Buhari, I wouldn't make millions of civil servants suffer 7 months unpaid salaries because few people stolen some money... Even if he suceeds in recovering the stolen money, it would still not be enough to pay accumulated workers salaries.

I'll rather forget about the past... ensure loopholes in the government are blocked and face the future, finish...!!!

It is wrong to make millions of civil servants suffer for the sins of few thieves
This is exactly what I told my colleague before election that if Buhari wins & pursue those thieves he will end up his tenure without achieving anything. It's better he forget the past & work on anything he sees on ground & block loopholes.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Jaycool18(m): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2016
willibounce1:

I knew it had to be about igbos. Pure bitterness that you can't over. Biafra is dead and gone my brother. Move on.
this has nothing to do with the igbos and I never supported the agitation for biafra. I asked you a simple question, ya'll feel Lagos belongs to u and the oil in the niger delta belongs to everyone..

Are you for real??
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by macluvph1(m): 8:17am On Jun 13, 2016
bashydemy1:
Some of you just read and jump to comment, There are diffrent in saying the Nigerian Army and the Armed Forces... Armed forces comprises of Army, Navy and Airforce boy... SO mind you Army on ground, Navy on sea and airforce on air. Do you watch those videos? Those in the video are mostly Nigeria Army and Nigeria Airforce they might both be on Camouflager but check better and you will see the diffrent.

Even, at that those avengers guys will be like "Nigeria feed me more"
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by macluvph1(m): 8:19am On Jun 13, 2016
rottennaija:

Make them come tackle the NA na? E no be Wetin we wan hear be that? Yes, they are sophisticated and fully equipped, but mek them come tackle the NA now

Naa, i doubt dey operate like that from what we read on their operation, the Nigeria armed forces are going into guerella warefare, so isn't all about showng us different pictures but do they have the skill.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by macluvph1(m): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2016
tdayof:

We have got Navy man.

keep deceiving yourself, how many of them will definitely die for one Nigeria when they have their family to cater for.

Once they are dead do the Nigeria government have better packages for their family he is leaving behind.

The next thing you will hear is that their family have been ejected from the barracks.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by bashydemy1: 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
macluvph1:

Even, at that those avengers guys will be like "Nigeria feed me more"
Okay till then..
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
kettykin:

This is the story of Nigeria, they relied on foreign support to prosecute the civil war during which they lost more than 400,000 soldiers, more than 4 divisions so devastating was the loss that in a Russian declassified intelligence site the Russians were astounded and bemused on why the nigerian military could not win the war, the nigerian military had to rely on starvation of civilians which they are supposed to be protecting to win the war.

What stopped the nigerian military from displaying the military hardware to intimidate cameroon during the bakassi peninsula debacle, your guess is as good as mine, they chickened out, more so that was even under obasanjo rule the supposed hero of the civil war, he chickened out with all that weapons and military arsenal.

Nigerians only care about money. Even the chiefs of the Navy, army and airforce would betray this country for alot of money. The brits should have colonised us till around 2000 becuase we were too young when they left us.
Cc. bloodyBLOOGER

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wike Looking Younger, Fresher In Independence Day Pictures / Precious Chikwendu Denies Her Account Was Used To Launder Money / Rashida Yahaya Bello Posts About Iftar On Twitter And Got These Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.