Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants (54324 Views)

Jerusalem. Malaysia Army Ready To Play Role / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2016
Izonpikin:
If the avengers are asking for a total absolution of pdp corrupt officials then they are not serious...I would stand with them if they are asking for an over all fight against corruption of all politicians both pdp and apc...and they should stick to the fight for resource control....

This is how the corrupt fight corruption by limiting the fight to certain groups.
May God almighty deliver us from the spirit of hypocrisy
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by SuperS1Panther: 9:17am On Jun 12, 2016
Qelvin:

Dude you rant too much, online warrior, stfu for once you delusional tw.at!

only a born ranter can recognise a rant.

As for the rest, "I ain't your mama".

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by delvinmaya(m): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2016
Kids abound without an iota of intelligence. Arguing with facts. Imagine one saying some militants are fortified by the gods of their forefathers. I mean come on. Another is insulting the yorubas.

Kai, this is why we are where we are! Hate for ourselves and half of us being dumb. So if a. 50cal hits you, or a 150kg bomb drops on your head, ur forefathers gods will protect you? Please enlighten me biko. And gadgets like radar, drones will be useless in the creeks? Kai, which school did you attend? Waste of time and resources. Absolute waste.

I won't deign to tell you how the Armed Forces will work, but once collateral damage is factored in, you just might understand the restraints the Armed Forces are facing. Odi remains a perfect sample.

Understand that my above argument doesn't make it right. However I can't shy from the truth and we have to realize that confrontation should be the last resort. Nobody will be better off once confrontation starts, especially the people living in the affected region.

For those with warped thinking, I pity you, just don't transmit your dumbness to your generation because it would be a fatal mistake

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Deen77: 9:23am On Jun 12, 2016
Adminisher:

I am laughing at anybody who says a modern army cannot operate on water. It is an extremely stupid thing to say. The Nigerian Army is at home in all terrain. What do people think Nigeria is?. There are Ijaw who can't swim and there are Hausa who are fishermen. In the North East Boko Haram attacked Niger Army by crossing on water. People should stop deceiving themselves. In any case, the NA now attacks on land sea and air so people should get prepared.

Our military lack modern warfare equipment of which i expect Buhari government to address.

Air surveillance equipment is d best security for the country, modern Aircraft like, SU27 or MIG 31 for d creek, MI-28 havoc night hunter with missile defense system or KA52 helicopters.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by stonemasonn: 9:26am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

Their cunning intelligence still could not deliver them from the boot of Abacha who had obasanjo, Abiola, adisa, olanrewaju, Oladipo diya and other yoruba soldiers under his boot for 5 years, this is where I find problem with the yorubas, Abiola was slaughtered for nothing, kwara is a vassal state of Fulani herdsmen and some one is trying to brain wash the gullible.
May God deliver us from the spirit of hypocrisy.
Hahahahahah....the only people that deared Abacha were the south westerners.
Now I ask you where were the Igbos during the time of Abacha??
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2016
delvinmaya:
Kids abound without an iota of intelligence. Arguing with facts. Imagine one saying some militants are fortified by the gods of their forefathers. I mean come on. Another is insulting the yorubas.

Kai, this is why we are where we are! Hate for ourselves and half of us being dumb. So if a. 50cal hits you, or a 150kg bomb drops on your head, ur forefathers gods will protect you? Please enlighten me biko. And gadgets like radar, drones will be useless in the creeks? Kai, which school did you attend? Waste of time and resources. Absolute waste.

I won't deign to tell you how the Armed Forces will work, but once collateral damage is factored in, you just might understand the restraints the Armed Forces are facing. Odi remains a perfect sample.

Understand that my above argument doesn't make it right. However I can't shy from the truth and we have to realize that confrontation should be the last resort. Nobody will be better off once confrontation starts, especially the people living in the affected region.

For those with warped thinking, I pity you, just don't transmit your dumbness to your generation because it would be a fatal mistake

No body is saying military should not invade the creeks all people are asking is spare the innocent people and engage with the militants, the nigerian military has a record of leaving the enemy and wasting their bullets on the innocent, they did it in asaba, in odi, in zaki biam, they are doing it to unarmed ipob protesters who don't carry any weapon, they are planning to use on Niger deltans. The idea murdering the innocent is barbaric and only a useless unprofessional military would use that

Any person who supports the killing of the innocent will die by the same means.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2016
ogwumgbe:
You an idiot and a silly monkey to tell me to go back to school. Are you not ashamed to live off another's resources. Leave the oil you idiot, you have gold deposits in your region, cocoa, rubber, timber and other natural resources, bring it out for the whole nation to share, who is fooling who? Your days of exploiting the Niger deltas are over, they want to take what rightly belongs to them, cry me a river, be ready for war or leave their oil, they Lagos built with Niger Delta oil will be reduced to rubbles soon. Keep cheering the NA, don't do the right thing, idiot lazy baboons. Monkey dey work baboons dey chop, God soda your head silly slowpoke
The more reason why I said you should go back to school,from 1914 to the time oil was discovered,the north,east and west finance the budget of this country without noise,Niger state has many power stations supplying electricity nation wide,nobody hear noise from them,benue state supply food to the entire south,nobody hear any noise from them,just as Waku said,go with your oil and let us keep our food,and let there be oil for food let's see who will cry at last.
Criminals.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 9:30am On Jun 12, 2016
stonemasonn:
Hahahahahah....the only people that deared Abacha where the south westerners.
Now I ask you where were the Igbos during the time of Abacha??
You still expected another igbo man to make the mistake Nzeogwu made , how on earth would an igbo man fight a yoruba war.
As per the fight for democracy, an igbo man Alex Ekwueme led the group 34 of eminent politicians which included Solomon lar of blessed memory, Abubakar Rimi to confront Abacha on his plans to transmute to a civilian president
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by prettyboi1(m): 9:36am On Jun 12, 2016
NATIONALPASTOR:
Whoever that is sending soldiers to kill people of the Easter region shall know no peace and will soon be hurried according to Islamic burial rites.

Bookmark this page for reference.

PHARAOH leave Gods people before it's too late for you.

Everybody here should pass on this message to Pharaoh.

God asked me to tell Pharaoh of Nigeria to Leave the Children of God or he will Die Soon.
See this Dumbo.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by stonemasonn: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

You still expected another igbo man to make the mistake Nzeogwu made , how on earth would an igbo man fight a yoruba war.
Fighting against tyranny, nepotism etc is not a mistake, the mistake is in the planning and execution of an objective.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by VERDA: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Can't you read where I wrote the civilians should be given a window to leave the conflict zone? or you are in need of glasses with lenses that are as thick as the bottom of Orobo Coke bottle?

Whatever is done to win a war is justifiable. America nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Russians practically wiped out the Chenchyans, Sri Lanka annihilated the Tamils. War is war and all permissible.

Lol...kindly recommend a suitable lens for me,so the government should annihiliate the niger delta region then or ask about 50% of the population to leave your so called conflict zone,since ur advocating a full blown war in the region which will inevitably destroy the oil assets this whole thing is all about and loss of countless human lives,why not just give them the resource control they are clamoring for to save lives or ur just blood thirsty...i still stand by my earlier point that the army must be very careful nd do proper intelligence gathering to apprehend those behind these bombings and not go after innocents.It is the governments responsibility to profer solutions to problems like this with the least damage as possible to national intergrity and unity,let them do their job.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 9:44am On Jun 12, 2016
stonemasonn:
Fighting against tyranny, nepotism etc is not a mistake, the mistake is in the planning and execution of an objective.
Calling Abacha tyrannic or nepotist is a huge joke because it was Abiola in his greed that encourage Abacha to topple Shonekan while Diya, Adisa and olanrewaju were his loyalist.

By the way I hope the yorubas are firmly prepared for the June 12 scenario brewing in the polity.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

No body is saying military should not invade the creeks all people are asking is spare the innocent people and engage with the militants, the nigerian military has a record of leaving the enemy and wasting their bullets on the innocent, they did it in asaba, in odi, in zaki biam, they are doing it to unarmed ipob protesters who don't carry any weapon, they are planning to use on Niger deltans. The idea murdering the innocent is barbaric and only a useless unprofessional military would use that

Any person who supports the killing of the innocent will die by the same means.

Nobody is supporting the killing of the innocent. All we are saying is that the innocent should stand up and voice against the actions of the NDA. It's so sad that this innocents, including you, are the ones urging them on by telling us of how sophisticated their weapons are and how amphibious they are.

If they don't come out to denounce the claims of the NDA concerning secession, then it will be seen to mean that they support it
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by ay4shizzy(m): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

Did I hear you say the fight for democracy paid off when Obasanjo became president, I beg your pardon what and how did yorubas fight for democracy?
time to educate u, because of abiola's hustle the 1999 pResidency was zoned to the south west..so it paid off foR obasanjo.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

Calling Abacha tyrannic or nepotist is a huge joke because it was Abiola in his greed that encourage Abacha to topple Shonekan while Diya, Adisa and olanrewaju were his loyalist.

By the way I hope the yorubas are firmly prepared for the June 12 scenario brewing in the polity.
Your wish for the Yorubas will fail. tongue
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 9:47am On Jun 12, 2016
ay4shizzy:
time to educate u, because of abiola's hustle the 1999 pResidency was zoned to the south west..so it paid off foR obasanjo.

Ok it is no longer fight for democracy but hustle for democracy.
May God deliver us from the spirit of hypocrisy
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Your wish for the Yorubas will fail. tongue
It will fail? And the yorubas wish for niger delta will succeed? , yorubas are out of greed gradually digging their political mass graves.

Yorubas don't have historians!!!!
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by willibounce1(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

This is the story of Nigeria, they relied on foreign support to prosecute the civil war during which they lost more than 400,000 soldiers, more than 4 divisions so devastating was the loss that in a Russian declassified intelligence site the Russians were astounded and bemused on why the nigerian military could not win the war, the nigerian military had to rely on starvation of civilians which they are supposed to be protecting to win the war.

What stopped the nigerian military from displaying the military hardware to intimidate cameroon during the bakassi peninsula debacle, your guess is as good as mine, they chickened out, more so that was even under obasanjo rule the supposed hero of the civil war, he chickened out with all that weapons and military arsenal.

Your fore fathers told you they killed 400,000 nigerian soldiers. Shouldn't you be happy and console yourself with that. You guys keep saying you lost the war because of international support on the FG side. Well you can start another war and see what becomes of you and your stubborn miscreants. This your biafra bulls hit will kill many of you. Pls start another war and make sure you lead it and let's see how many of you survive it.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

It will fail? And the yorubas wish for niger delta will succeed? , yorubas are out of greed gradually digging their political mass graves.

Yorubas don't have historians!!!!
we don't wish evil on the Niger delta. We have warned them enough about the consequences of their actions, but they fail to listen. If they want to fall into the pit, so be it. Those that hate them are the ones who tell them to pick up arms against Nigeria and applaud then when they blow up pipelines.

Look into the mirror, you will see who they are.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2016
willibounce1:

Your fore fathers told you they killed 400,000 nigerian soldiers. Shouldn't you be happy and console yourself with that. You guys keep saying you lost the war because of international support on the FG side. Well you can start another war and see what becomes of you and your stubborn miscreants. This your biafra bulls hit will kill many of you. Pls start another war and make sure you lead it and let's see how many of you survive it.

You are right actually because your fore fathers have a higher figure
[b] HUNDREDS of angry  military  pensioners in the country Monday besieged the Oyo State Secretariat saying they regretted fighting against Biafran soldiers to ensure the unity of the country. They said if they had known that the country would repay them in this wicked manner, they would have fought for the survival and sovereignty of Biafra. The retired soldiers who spoke through their Chairman, Mr.  Mr. Gabriel Oiakhena said, “we have been pushed to the wall. The families of over 500,000 soldiers who lost their lives in Biafra are suffering. We who are alive are just living as destitute. Many of us have died because they did not have money to treat and fend for themselves. Senator David Mark has spent about twelve years and he has done nothing for us. When the militants were pushed to the wall, they took up arms and fought with the last pint of their blood”. Also speaking on the issue, another ex-soldier, Mr. Olatunji Johnson said they came to draw the attention of Federal Government to their 53 per cent unpaid arrears and other allowances. To prevent breakdown of law and order, all gates leading to the secretariat complex were shut against the angry pensioners. Armoured Personnel Carrier, five police Hilux Vans and scores of armed policemen were stationed at the entrance of the secretariat. Displaying the injuries they sustained in the Biafran War and many placards condemning the discouraging attitude of the government, they said it was unfortunate that they were being treated in this inhuman manner after fighting for the unity of the country. He said their mission to the office of Governor Abiola Ajimobi was to present a letter on their plight to him for onward delivery to President Goddluck Jonathan. He said, “we will not allow the government to rest until our money and other entitlements are paid. Many of us are still being paid N10,000 as monthly pension while they are wasting millions over there. It is not fair”.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/biafran-soldiers-protest-in-ibadan/ [/b]
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Wagasigiungu(m): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2016
mamabomboy:
A land army with no amphibian training is sent to combat different guerilla ghostmode sects. The answer is simple, the NA will be decimated and butchered like cattle. I just wish the clowns on NL supporting the army's suicidal mission would be drafted by the army. That would be poetic justice.

Guy abeg go siddon. Any small tin una go dey shout say 9ja army no get apmphibiqn training. Pray tell den, wats d essence of a country having a Navy? Na okpata una dy yarn. Try anoda line. Dis one is stale. As if amphibian training na rocket science. Anyways sha I cn relate with u guys. Una dey try give una self psychological reassuranc abi. No b woman wey first get Belle na im dey born boy. In essence no b becos NDA guys were born and bred in dat region go make dem better pass ppl wey undergo professional training relating to dat.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by jpphilips(m): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2016
Horus:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2429767_am_jpeg2e6811ea27a12904fd790bb75312fd0b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2430514_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2430515_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2430516_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

@Horus.

The first gun boats lack maneuver ability hence a piece of cake for the millitants.

the second is best for open water like offshore not the creeks where the action is.

the fourth pic is owned by the US/ British SBS Nigeria doesn't have it.
That is really the man for the job.

That Gulma drone is a huge joke, it not even running reckon in the NE let alone the mangrove of the Niger delta.
Cameroon with US help is running reckon for us in the NE.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by willibounce1(m): 10:01am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

If you believe all will be fair in war including the militants attacking civilians or encourage soldiers to attack civilians and supporting soldiers to attack the indigenes of niger delta who are indifferent to the war then how are you different from boko haram militia , Jan ja weed militia

Justifying Awolowo using hunger to starve igbo women and children to death is worse than supporting Hitler using the gas chamber to kill 6 million Jews.

If you start another war, you and your generation will be starved to death. Not only will you be starved, bullets and bombs loaded with terminal chemicals will be rained on you. Every living and non living thing in your region will go into extinction. The FG will not tolerate any nonsense from hate filled idiots who want to divide the country because Jonathan lost election. You either wait till 2019 or start your war and go into extinction.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by coldFLARES1(m): 10:03am On Jun 12, 2016
IamJames:

But NDA never asked or instructed anyone to negotiate for them. Those politicians who attended dat meeting with Osinbanjo only wanted to leverage on the activities of the NDA to save their corrupt selves.
Is this post supposed to feign ignorance to the existence of a multiplicity of criminal gangs in the ND?

How difficult do you think it is, to breach crude oil transport facilities that makes you assume the NDA is prominent?
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 10:04am On Jun 12, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
we don't wish evil on the Niger delta. We have warned them enough about the consequences of their actions, but they fail to listen. If they want to fall into the pit, so be it. Those that hate them are the ones who tell them to pick up arms against Nigeria and applaud then when they blow up pipelines.

Look into the mirror, you will see who they are.

So also I don't wish yorubas bad or evil but I'd be warning them about the consequences of their lopsided vituperations and vaulted promotion of genocide against other southerners, it is only a matter of time before the mistakes of the 60s and 90s repeat themselves , an Awolowo going to jail again and an Abiola not allowed to become president is clearly in the horizon but yoruba out of greed and short sighted myopia refuse to accept reality.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by stonemasonn: 10:05am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

Are you sure of this story, how will it serve Abiola? I thought Abiola was trying to claim his mandate at all cost. It should be IBB's plan that Abacha a fellow northerner should topple Shonekan at the end.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by jpphilips(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2016
naijapresdo2023:
The game is 50/50 , those guys understand creek terrain more than our military. Army shouldn't fall for the bait.

I doubt if they are all Izon, they have igbos swelling their ranks, an Izon will never decimate his environment for an igbo man in detention, never happened , never will.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 10:12am On Jun 12, 2016
willibounce1:

If you start another war, you and your generation will be starved to death. Not only will you be starved, bullets and bombs loaded with terminal chemicals will be rained on you. Every living and non living thing in your region will go into extinction. The FG will not tolerate any nonsense from hate filled idiots who want to divide the country because Jonathan lost election. You either wait till 2019 or start your war and go into extinction.
This warning you should rather give to your people because the Awolowo situation and abiola scenario is clearly in the horizon, there is no Nzeogwu to preempt a coup that would release Awolowo from jail.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by jpphilips(m): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2016
oweniwe:

So it is okay by you all the states go broke and are unable to pay salaries of millions of workers because the government is bent on jailing a few people?

Is it okay by you for the government to lose $5bn because it want to recover $1bn?

It is like a shop owner who locked shop to go pursue debtors and is complaining that he is not making sales or profit.... Whereas, his shop remain locked. He locked up his shop with goods worth N1bn to go pursue debtors who owed him N100m... He has been unable to pay his workers salaries as a result.

If I were Buhari, I wouldn't make millions of civil servants suffer 7 months unpaid salaries because few people stolen some money... Even if he suceeds in recovering the stolen money, it would still not be enough to pay accumulated workers salaries.

I'll rather forget about the past... ensure loopholes in the government are blocked and face the future, finish...!!!

It is wrong to make millions of civil servants suffer for the sins of few thieves

Another son of a thief on confession mode, you have not seen the worst of Buhari, keep watching.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Cobismanuel: 10:28am On Jun 12, 2016
jst passing

De NA don't no anytin abt NDA. we ve all wat it take to fight & win de so called NA

WE ARE WAITING FOR THEM TO COME AND FIGHT US ON OUR LAND I PITY THE NA
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Cobismanuel: 10:28am On Jun 12, 2016
jst passing

De NA don't no anytin abt NDA. we ve all wat it take to fight & win de so called NA

WE ARE WAITING FOR THEM TO COME AND FIGHT US ON OUR LAND I PITY THE NA

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Tinubu Receives Asari Dokubo, Others At State House / Orji Uzor Kalu Arrives Senate To Resume Duties (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.