Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants (54323 Views)

Jerusalem. Malaysia Army Ready To Play Role / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Wonderful88: 7:53am On Jun 12, 2016
The way the country is going,,,,May God help us.Amen
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by donbrowser(m): 7:54am On Jun 12, 2016
lebienconnu:
At last we know what Jonathan and Allison spent all the they stole money on. Buying weapons to equip the militants. I remember the time when Oritsejafork 50 cent's aircraft was implicated in an illegal weapon deal in South Africa. Two Israeli weapon expert were caught with them. Also I remember the allegations of Obasanjo.

The Nigeria Army should not take this lightly. They should prepare for a full fledged war. If you wake up in the morning and you see a chick challenging you, please be careful because it might have grown teeth overnight. The Niger Delta Avengers' leaf that is dancing on surface of the sea have the drummers at the bottom of the sea.

This is going to be a decisive war. The NA should be careful and consider they are at war with Israel and not NDA. How else does one explain the Israeli weapon experts caught with Asari Dokubo with 15million dollars cash in SA? They recently threatened to assassinate the President.

Again I warn the NA. This war is not going to be a walk over.
Some folks just don't know anything, these guys have been completely empowered.
They haven't even started using weapons and the NA cant decode them. What if they start doing so? I'm not saying the NA can't defeat them but they really need to thread with caution.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by comodo: 8:00am On Jun 12, 2016
bashydemy1:
Why if i may ask? You don't fight them in the creek you bomb the creek and who ever is inside the creek.
By doing so, all d manifolds, platforms, pipelines & civilian population are all gone. FG will on their own reduce production to Zero. But will they get these guys. No. They need more Intel's on their operation mode. Blindly entering those areas will tantamount to heavy casualties. Those gunboats will be decimated, the same way they decimate d pipelines in ghost mode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by otiigba1(m): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2016
Right! So they go there and bomb and kill the ND millitants and then what? Every thing will be okay? And the people that the Army killed their families will regroup and form another millitants and began bombing the pipelines again in few years time. And the Army kill them again, And on and on it goes. When and were will it stop?
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by yemisat: 8:06am On Jun 12, 2016
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms3ryq21oKw

[size=14pt]Chief Army Staff Meets General Officers Commanding To Tackle Militancy in Niger Delta[/size]

The leadership of the Nigerian Army has renewed commitment to tackle militancy in the Niger Delta Region, this was at a meeting of the general officers commanding, presided over by the Chief Army Staff, Lt General Tukur Buratai at the Army Headquarters
"Fifty years ago, the streets of Leningrad taught me one thing: If a fight's inevitable, you must strike first," Putin said

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 12, 2016
oluwaahmed:

Even when olodumare & his cohorts like sango, & Ogun cld not protect yoruba 4rm invasion by d British? Does it mean dat sme yorubas Dnt still worship dem? Can u go & challenge an ifa priest?
Bruv u dint make any sense @ all
& btw stealin is dft 4rm corruption, a simple dictionary meanin will enlighten u. Luk @ dem dey R proud in deir ignorance.

4giv my ignorance am nt proud of it,,,thought d british colonized nigeria...so it jus yoruba,,safe dat 4 ur kids...Do i stil nid dictionary wen uncle jona already gave us an handful article on d differences...culdnt jus find a beta name 4 pple wu take wats nt theirs @ d xpenses of others strive n joy..NDA now activist 4 efcc suspects ..nt jus ignorant una b proudly shameless
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by otiigba1(m): 8:13am On Jun 12, 2016
Some of the comments on here baffles me, some nigerians on here are happy that the Nigerian Army is About to murder their fellow nigerians (Niger Deltans) and we say and believe that we are one nigeria? After the Deltans who might be next? The Igbos? The westerns? The canuri's? The Agatu's? Until no one is left except the Fulani herdsmen i guess. How safe does any nigerian feel? I am ashamed and sad been Associated with nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Joevics(m): 8:14am On Jun 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
PMB should declare State of Emergency in RIvers, Delta and Bayelsa.

All routes in and out of the creeks in those states, whether on land sea or air should be blocked.

CIvilians should be given a window to pass through controlled exit points to safety within a stipulated period.

Afterwards, bombing of everything moving and standing on land air and sea should commence. There should be continuous and sustained baptismal of hell fire for 7days and 7 nights by Army, Air FOrce and Navy.

Simply assist the militants to finish off their bombing assignment.

Nigeria will start exploration again afterwards. No one has a monopoly of madness.
I
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Declare state of emergency and I tell you that Nigeria will not produce a litre of oil rom the Niger Delta. Do you know that for some years now, there had been no oil production in Ogoni land, all pipelines had been uprooted.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caltrop

http://russia-insider.com/en/how-long-would-us-navy-survive/5177

no service to check jare una NDA broda missle don blow d network masc 4 my area.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by hakanai(m): 8:19am On Jun 12, 2016
nairalandbuzz:

I love that riffle.

Still searching for the name though it looks like Chinese assault riffle and so sure it is gas operated.

Its Israeli and called "Tavor" is a good CQ weapon of some sort. Good and designed to cope in tight areas.Such as combat in urban areas. Its compact with the standard punch of an assault rifle. Ideal for Israeli army when clearing streets in Palestine. Often they have to storm homes and navigate tight or crowded street corners in urban combat. Also its accuracy comes to play that is why the recoils is good. Unlike the bad recoils and length,some Ak47s the commandos possess.

Its a good choice for a commando unit wanting to storm an enemy ship,boat or to rescue hostages on platforms or decks. The area will be tight and combat will be close.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by ogwumgbe: 8:19am On Jun 12, 2016
Their demand is very simple and not treacherous. Leave their oil, develop your own resources and feed Nigeria with it. Is it too much to ask? They've been feeding this nation since independent, let other regions try replace them. Leave their oil and develop your own resources period

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by SuperS1Panther: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2016
Joevics:

Declare state of emergency and I tell you that Nigeria will not produce a litre of oil rom the Niger Delta. Do you know that for some years now, there had been no oil production in Ogoni land, all pipelines had been uprooted.

Who cares?

We shall see. Do you think it will be the kind of SOE the liverless IB called for in Borno?
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 12, 2016
mamabomboy:
A land army with no amphibian training is sent to combat different guerilla ghostmode sects. The answer is simple, the NA will be decimated and butchered like cattle. I just wish the clowns on NL supporting the army's suicidal mission would be drafted by the army. That would be poetic justice.
How many nigerian army you people killed when obasanjo sent general victor malu to level udi?
Abi udi is not from the niger delta?

When they come don't run,stay and fight.
Cowards!
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by silvernus0: 8:26am On Jun 12, 2016
This will be distraction at this tym to the apc government and may cost them 2019.

I think diplomacy and dialog is best
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by donbrowser(m): 8:28am On Jun 12, 2016
toneawe:

Are u saying that there is a training school the Niger-Deltans have been attending for combat? I laugh u in pidgin. U mean the Nigerian army can't stand so-called militants that are just cultist that were armed with guns? Go and see the training the Nigerian army are receiving. Militants won't even survive it. Nigeria army are the best in Africa. Have u found out?
Moreover, y will the northern army be sent to SS wen d SS army understands their environment more? It is only God that is immortal. Anyone can be killed. Was Anini not killed despite his powers? U need to wake up NDA fan.
Best in Africa?
Ok!
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by silvernus0: 8:31am On Jun 12, 2016
ogwumgbe:
Their demand is very simple and not treacherous. Leave their oil, develop your own resources and feed Nigeria with it. Is it too much to ask? They've been feeding this nation since independent, let other regions try replace them. Leave their oil and develop your own resources period

point

Nigeria started with the oil bum with Canada, Canada has long moved away from oil and we r still dependent over oil
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by oweniwe(m): 8:31am On Jun 12, 2016
coldFLARES1:

As an urhobo, I am yet to see what end this whole agitation by these criminal Ijaw gangs is aimed at achieving. For the years we've had democracy, the ND has been unfortunate to be governed by thieves, who not only stole derivation funds but also left their states with massive debt overhangs.

Overall, when production grounds, and all of the ND states become burdened like Osun, Ekiti, Ondo and Bayelsa, we shall collectively hunt down these criminals and look for civil/constitutional ways for seeking redress.

Immunity clause for political office holders in Nigeria is the reason why they are stealing. It's not only Niger Delta states. From president to lawmakers to local government chairman all over Nigeria, its the same.

With immunity clause in the constitution, politicians can steal even every kobo allocated to their wards and you can't touch them until after their tenure is over... it is useless to protest because they will simply send police/soldiers to shot and arrest innocent people ...

And you can't charge them to court because they have immunity and also control the organs of government.

Sadly, by then they would contest for another office, dole out stolen cash to the votes or whoever, get elected again or get appointed.... E.g. lootimi amaethief.

Even you, with neat mind, if you become a politician and get into office, the system will corrupt you.

So all the billions they steal, they get away with it. Kogi governor Abubakar Audu stole billions b4 he died ... APC knew that and didn't touch him. That billions he stole, where did the money come from? Niger delta...

They did not prosecute Amaechi, they did not prosecute ayiri emami... Infact, once you defect to apc, you are a saint and can keep your loot.

So why do they now want to prosecute the others who are not APC members? If you must prosecute Tompolo, Akpologbemi and co, you must also prosecute Ayiri Emami and Amaechi... Apart from Dasuki, who else from the North is in jail for stealing?

So all these nonsense about Fighting corruption is ... Rubbish...!!.. if tompolo join APC tomorrow, they will not touch him again ... All the noise about recovering stolen money is scam propaganda. If they recovered anything, it is from pdp members who refused to join them.

Now tell me again why the militants will not ask for "corruption " cases to be dropped? Because it is jamboree, selective witch hunting of non apc members.

So if you look at the root eventually e.g this immunity clause thing, the problem is not Niger Delta governors who steal (all politicians steal) or prosecuting corrupt people.

The problem is with Nigeria itself ... Unless nigeria is restructured, it will never develop... Some people have realized this ... That is why they are clamouring for Bi@fr@ or ND Republic because... Just as Buhari trashed the National conference report, The North and west will not let nigeria be restructured.

The ultimate solution is either regionalism or outright break up... I'm from Delta too... Ukwani... I'll prefer $10bn revenue is shared among 12 states than share same with 36 states and their numerous LGAs.

Politicians in the restructured or break away states cannot steal like in Nigeria because if they try it, they will be promptly dealt with... Our culture/native system of government is Parliamentary... Nigeria ' s executive presidential system is moulded after Northern Sultan/Emir system where you cannot touch the rulers no matter whatever atrocities they commit.

Nigeria is fvcked up... No tribe want the others to develop ahead of them. How do you develop the country with this mentality?

I, me, myself ... I have given up on Nigeria o. Rising Sun or Nd republic... Anyone wey succed, I will simply pack my bags and go join them...!!..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by silvernus0: 8:33am On Jun 12, 2016
ogwumgbe:

point

Nigeria started with the oil bum with Canada, Canada has long moved away from oil and we r still dependent on oil.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 12, 2016
ogwumgbe:
How old are you,so you do cook fuel for your family to eat,see this eediot,the food you eat on daily basis do you know where it came from?
You illiterates from there are busy making noise about a republic,what do you have to sustain a republic?
Have many years do you think the niger delta can stand oil for food from the north?
Please go back to school.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by ogwumgbe: 8:34am On Jun 12, 2016
And after using your silly stinking ass tribe to win Biafra war, yet they regulated you to prison confine and slavery where you rightly belong. Idiot Shameless nonentities of a tribe. Always used and dump like tissue paper by the North

To safe you ass licking ingrates of demonic tribe from hell was the reason Biafra war was fought, but your snaky betrayal nature sneaked out through the back door and igbos bore the brunt of the war, the reason the Fulanis hate igbos with passion, yet they continue to use you like toilet paper, this primaries will open you eyes you stinking corpse. Useless cowards that can't even face common Benin Republic, common get out here, I don't talk to ape scar faced useless stinking shits

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

If you believe all will be fair in war including the militants attacking civilians or encourage soldiers to attack civilians and supporting soldiers to attack the indigenes of niger delta who are indifferent to the war then how are you different from boko haram militia , Jan ja weed militia

Justifying Awolowo using hunger to starve igbo women and children to death is worse than supporting Hitler using the gas chamber to kill 6 million Jews.
You blame awolowo for not feeding you, yet you exempt ojukwu who could have stopped the war even when ifeajuna and banjo warned him that winning was no more obtainable.

once again, all is fair in war. So everything to avoid it cos it is not child's play.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by silvernus0: 8:42am On Jun 12, 2016
ogwumgbe:
And after using your silly stinking ass tribe to win Biafra war, yet they regulated you to prison confine and slavery where you rightly belong. Idiot Shameless nonentities of a tribe. Always used and dump like tissue paper by the North

WHAT!!!
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by ogwumgbe: 8:44am On Jun 12, 2016
You an idiot and a silly monkey to tell me to go back to school. Are you not ashamed to live off another's resources. Leave the oil you idiot, you have gold deposits in your region, cocoa, rubber, timber and other natural resources, bring it out for the whole nation to share, who is fooling who? Your days of exploiting the Niger deltas are over, they want to take what rightly belongs to them, cry me a river, be ready for war or leave their oil, they Lagos built with Niger Delta oil will be reduced to rubbles soon. Keep cheering the NA, don't do the right thing, idiot lazy baboons. Monkey dey work baboons dey chop, God soda your head silly slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 12, 2016
oweniwe:

Immunity clause for political office holders in Nigeria is the reason why they are stealing. It's not only Niger Delta states. From president to lawmakers to local government chairman all over Nigeria, its the same.

With immunity clause in the constitution, politicians can steal even every kobo allocated to their wards and you can't touch them until after their tenure is over... it is useless to protest because they will simply send police/soldiers to shot and arrest innocent people ...

And you can't charge them to court because they have immunity and also control the organs of government.

Sadly, by then they would contest for another office, dole out stolen cash to the votes or whoever, get elected again or get appointed.... E.g. lootimi amaethief.

Even you, with neat mind, if you become a politician and get into office, the system will corrupt you.

So all the billions they steal, they get away with it. Kogi governor Abubakar Audu stole billions b4 he died ... APC knew that and didn't touch him. That billions he stole, where did the money come from? Niger delta...

They did not prosecute Amaechi, they did not prosecute ayiri emami... Infact, once you defect to apc, you are a saint and can keep your loot.

So why do they now want to prosecute the others who are not APC members? If you must prosecute Tompolo, Akpologbemi and co, you must also prosecute Ayiri Emami and Amaechi... Apart from Dasuki, who else from the North is in jail for stealing?

So all these nonsense about Fighting corruption is ... Rubbish...!!.. if tompolo join APC tomorrow, they will not touch him again ... All the noise about recovering stolen money is scam propaganda. If they recovered anything, it is from pdp members who refused to join them.

Now tell me again why the militants will not ask for "corruption " cases to be dropped? Because it is jamboree, selective witch hunting of non apc members.

So if you look at the root eventually e.g this immunity clause thing, the problem is not Niger Delta governors who steal (all politicians steal) or prosecuting corrupt people.

The problem is with Nigeria itself ... Unless nigeria is restructured, it will never develop... Some people have realized this ... That is why they are clamouring for Bi@fr@ or ND Republic because... Just as Buhari trashed the National conference report, The North and west will not let nigeria be restructured.

The ultimate solution is either regionalism or outright break up... I'm from Delta too... Ukwani... I'll prefer $10bn revenue is shared among 12 states than share same with 36 states and their numerous LGAs.

Politicians in the restructured or break away states cannot steal like in Nigeria because if they try it, they will be promptly dealt with... Our culture/native system of government is Parliamentary... Nigeria ' s executive presidential system is moulded after Northern Sultan/Emir system where you cannot touch the rulers no matter whatever atrocities they commit.

Nigeria is fvcked up... No tribe want the others to develop ahead of them. How do you develop the country with this mentality?

I, me, myself ... I have given up on Nigeria o. Rising Sun or Nd republic... Anyone wey succed, I will simply pack my bags and go join them...!!..
so,the money meant for the development of the niger delta was embezzled by the apc?
Was it apc that was in charge of the nndc for the past ten years?
You are just a noise maker.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 12, 2016
emajoe:
...and after all these you will say President Johnathan did not buy military hardware ?
Are they not inferior again?
God bless Johnathan.
where is it written on those equipments that they were bought by GEJ?

abi Shey Na only GEJ be the president wey we don get since independence? The way you guys reason sef.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by IamJames: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2016
coldFLARES1:
I do not think your analogy aptly describes our situation. The earlier we are all agreed on the fact we can't pander to the whims and caprices of some faceless band of criminals, the better for us all.

Do you honestly say, cases of corruption, treason and theft being pursued should be discontinued and suspects freed because some criminals have decreed so? There should be no two ways about this: a confrontation that would eventually settle this issue. Thankfully, officers that may possibly become dissident have been eased out preparatory to the final showdown and good enough, the criminals have boasted about having adequate armaments including missile capabilities and the advantage of the terrain. So no party comes with greater advantage.

Much as I do not align with the government's seeming prioritization of the fight against official graft over the economy, the states can go broke provided a clear statement is made to the effect effect that no group/association of individuals can hold us to ransom.

But NDA never asked or instructed anyone to negotiate for them. Those politicians who attended dat meeting with Osinbanjo only wanted to leverage on the activities of the NDA to save their corrupt selves.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 12, 2016
donbrowser:

They haven't even started using weapons and the NA cant decode them. What if they start doing so? I'm not saying the NA can't defeat them but they really need to thread with caution.
pls learn to reason like a matured man devoid of sentiments and emotion 's still lingering after an election loss.

What manner of empowerment can make some boys not up to 2000 defeat a whole nation's army numbering over 500,000 and fully equipped as can be seen in the pictures in this thread?

Stop encouraging them to later cry genocide later. You guys urged GEJ on till he got an embarrassing defeat.
You urged PDP on and they faced the same fate.
You urged nnamdi kana, now he's locked up.
You urged Jimi Agbaje to a huge defeat.

Now, you are urging the NDA... don't cry when it starts. Bunch of losers.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:59am On Jun 12, 2016
oweniwe:

Even tho I don't support Nigeria breaking up, I like ur points
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Qelvin(m): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Ask your Igbo neighbours what a blockade is and they will tell you. The Niger Delta that you think has many doors will suddenly turn to a room and parlour kind of arrangement.

That is when you will realise how the millenium old tactics has remained the most effective war fare strategy till today.
Dude you rant too much, online warrior, stfu for once you delusional tw.at!
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 9:07am On Jun 12, 2016
donbrowser:

My personal thinking is not only Niger deltans but the whole East should gear up to defend their land against any genocidal attempt by the Nigerian military to kill the innocent should they encounter a resounding defeat by the militants. Never again will the east suffer genocide of any kind for reasons bordering on Nigeria.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by IamJames: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2016
AntiIPOB:
so,the money meant for the development of the niger delta was embezzled by the apc?
Was it apc that was in charge of the nndc for the past ten years?
You are just a noise maker.

Of all the things Oweniwe wrote this is all u can muster.

I just dey look u
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Izonpikin: 9:11am On Jun 12, 2016
If the avengers are asking for a total absolution of pdp corrupt officials then they are not serious...I would stand with them if they are asking for an over all fight against corruption of all politicians both pdp and apc...and they should stick to the fight for resource control....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

History Beckons As Buhari Sets To Unseat Jonathan - Leadership Newspaper / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Tinubu Receives Asari Dokubo, Others At State House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.