Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,881 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend (47859 Views)

Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom At The Altar In Port Harcourt. Photo / Man Harasses His Female Neighbour By Masturbating Constantly In Her Presence / See How Guy Insulted The Hell Out Of Lady Just Because She Cancelled Their Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by seunowokade(m): 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
Monalisa185
Help me tell Julietcutie grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by schumastic(m): 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
klassykute:
make dem give u one crate of anytin wey u dey drink boss .. u talk well.. colanut dey too if u want

bar man bring the drinks ooo cus my chairman here says he will pay grin grin
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Countryman1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
The guy is my hero!!!

3 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by schumastic(m): 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
Angrymode:

Guy you have finished all my likes with this your own story!!!
This what the elders mean when they said be courageous.

it was annoying i swear, after i agreed to send the amount u asked for next thing you gave your phone to your friend that i don't know at all n my first time speaking to the person,, that one self just opened mouth like gutter n asked me to send the same amount to her.. reason why i sent less than half the amount she asked for n she can ask her friend that spoilt her request for the remaining balance.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by kaycodes: 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
Funkybabee:
hhmmm that guy will think he play well ooo!!! he will not know that he just embarrassed himself!!! simple things I can't afford to buy ur friend ticket ooo she would have already know

why tell her it OK if u know u can't afford their ticket#√ that is how they will loose their real future wife instead they will marry to !egun eja! wife

smh for that guy

Lolz the thing pain you nor be small. cheesy cheesy cheesy

First question is why would she invite her friends to go out with her on a DATE.
Does she even understand the meaning of going on a date

For emphasis;

date
TWO people getting together for an activity when the possibility of romance between them has been broached but not ruled out. Since the exploration of romance is the purpose of a date, merely asking someone out on a date is sufficient to broach the subject. Dates may or not continue once a couple have entered into a romantic relationship. The word "date" may be used to identify a get together between two people not romantically involved, but this usage is meant to convey irony, since such a meeting is not a date in the true sense of the word.
Yeah, Mike and I went on a date last night. He's cute, but I'm not sure if I want to get involved with him or not.

There was no place where FRIENDS was mentioned.

Now to the guy's action, buying extra tickets for her friends was supposed to be a favor which he may or may not offer, in this case he choose not to. He passed a very clear message to the girl from day one which every guy should learn from.

Scenario one...

Girl.... Hey what's up, please meet my friends I told you wanted to see the movie
Guy... Greets the ladies and hugs his potential bae.

Ladies... Hey, girl we're coming lets get our tickets (That's what a classy girl will do)
Guy... Ladies don't worry I already got all the tickets
Girl.. blushes and says thank you.

Scenario two...

Girl.... Hey what's up, please meet my friends I told you wanted to see the movie

Ladies... Hey, girl we're coming lets get our tickets (That's what a classy girl will do)
Guy... Says nothing, probably engrossed in some tete e tete talk with potential bae
Girl.. Okay, no problem, I'll just get some snacks before you get back.

We can have several scenarios of how this should have gone... but none of them should depict the guy as an I.diot for paying or not.

The girl's mentality however shows how impoverished she is, plain and simple.
If you invited them as your friends, then you should take care of them as your friends, not pass the buck to someone you still don't know yet just to impress your friends, that's the height of selfishness and irresponsibility.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by freekick: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wht a great mind and a good teacher.
kaycodes:

First question is why would she invite her friends to go out with her on a DATE.

For emphasis;

date
TWO people getting together for an activity when the possibility of romance between them has been broached but not ruled out. Since the exploration of romance is the purpose of a date, merely asking someone out on a date is sufficient to broach the subject. Dates may or not continue once a couple have entered into a romantic relationship. The word "date" may be used to identify a get together between two people not romantically involved, but this usage is meant to convey irony, since such a meeting is not a date in the true sense of the word.
Yeah, Mike and I went on a date last night. He's cute, but I'm not sure if I want to get involved with him or not.

Now to the guy's action, buying extra tickets for her friends was supposed to be a favor which he may or may not offer, in this case he choose not to. He passed a very clear message to the girl from day one which every guy should learn from.

Scenario one...

Scenario two...

Guy... Says nothing, probably engrossed in some tete e tete talk with potential bae

We can have several scenarios of how this should have gone... but none of them should depict the guy as an I.diot for paying or not.

If you invited them as your friends, then you should take care of them as your friends, not pass the buck to someone you still don't know yet just to impress your friends, that's the height of selfishness and irresponsibility.

1 Like

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by TolaniLuv: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
dat guy is my hero and my mentor...for dat guy to knw dat dose two babes r cumin n still bought jst two tickets for hm n his date, hm don plan am from hwz.
c'mon y nt u n ur friends choose anoda day to watch d movie if truly ur friends cld afford d tickets? girls n free tins r like twins

Nigerian girls!!

No homo! I like the guy. Nigerian guys should man up .. I'm sure he's an ibo guy
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by schumastic(m): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
Boss13:

She truly doesn't know what a first date is and likewise many Nigerian ladies. I am shocked at her and the fact she keeps referring to the money. It is not about the money, but her irresponsibility to include her friends on a date where she is expected to get to know the guy.

She is in fact ridiculous. Good, she has embarrassed herself. My own pity is her friends who shared out of the irresponsibility of their friend.
LADIES WILL SAY THEY ARE NOT AFTER THE MONEY OR THE MONEY S NOT THE ISSUE BUT STILL THEY WILL CENTRE THE WHOLE ARGUMENT OF QUARREL ON THE MONEY N TAG THE GUY STINGY.TO ME IF MONEY IS NOT THE ISSUE THEN THERE IS NO POINT TALKING ABOUT IT TALK MORE OF BRING IT UP TO THE PUBLIC.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by PastorAji(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Correct guy...
Somebody shud pls give the guy 6bottles of heineken...
or this
[center]v v v v v v v v[/center] wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink cheesy grin

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by kikies(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Julietcutie:
grin the guy tho lol ...but he would have told the gal not to bring her friends along when she told him she would be coming with friends... he didn't act right

The girl too didn't act right by not telling him in clear terms dat he'll foot all d bills
She only said der want to come along to come see d same movie
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by PastorAji(m): 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
kaycodes:

For emphasis;

date

Scenario one...

Scenario two...

My brother/sister,
you need to be recommended for the post of Minister of Economic Planning

however, have this to quench your thirst (but if you are fasting, you go use am break your fast in the evening)

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by TolaniLuv: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
Where I live. Everybody share their bills equally! Date or no Date , it's 50/50. If you try that Nigerian mentality here trying to pay all for the bills She will never ever go on a date with you again!

this is how it should be!

Nigerian girls!! No get zero shame .. And Na we men Deh cuz dis shit
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by daveP(m): 12:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
Taking advantage of the "a guy must at least impress on first date" cliche. smh
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by bigtt76(f): 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
The girl fall hand joooooor!

Her friends wanted to go see a movie and she told them she already had plans, why try to shove her friends' plans into hers? The guy already budgeted for two and you don't expect him to go over board just because he's dating you and so must please your friends .....it doesn't work that way dear sister!

There's what they call etiquette and it must be obeyed. For example, If I say, ’I invite you,’ that means I pay. I may say, ’Let’s go to a restaurant,’ and in this case, everyone pays for themselves. If a man offers to pay for a woman, she can agree.

In her case, the she asked the guy if he was 'cool with it' ....being cool with what if I may ask ....cool with the extra company or cool with the extra bill to be paid? angry

Why go on social media to start painting a well mannered guy black .....#NanSense na wen de guy nor arrangee una all

1 Like

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Codes151(m): 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
princefunmmy:
That's the man! Some ladies will support the babe while sensible ones will know the guy acted well..
thou shall not quote me

Lol.. my bf said 3k could buy 10 bottles of beer! Why waste it!! Lmao
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by clogogo(m): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
kaycodes:

I like rich boys like you who feel spending money is the route to a ladies heart.

Let me make some points clear that you're obviously ignoring.

1. A first date is actually supposed to be a time where you guys get to know each other and see if you've got chemistry, so ordinarily no friends should be involved.

2. When she asked if to bring her friends, the guy was being a gentleman for saying cool because these ladies were gonna intrude on their date and hence no real chance to get to know each other, because in reality no true conversation can happen between you two without making the others feel ignored.

3. The guy bought two tickets because that's what he was supposed to buy, if the friends wanted to see the movie so bad they should simply buy their tickets without fuss (as they eventually did). Please note they came to watch a movie not to see the guy. If the guy offered to pay for their movie tickets, that would be going overboard, and most times we know the kind of guys that do that (hit and run).

4. Being termed a classy lady means you got your own benjamins, and you don't need any dude to take care of you.

What the guy did should be applied by every sensible guy, except if all you want to do is knack and run, then you can spend the money to impress and get what you desire, but don't spread that foolishness around by trying to sell it as the right thing to do.

The choice to pay or not was the guy's to make, and he made his call, if the lady can't deal with it let her go hang herself.
Funny enough after all the rantings, the guy will still knack the akpako because girls actually love a man who is real, and this brother is real to the core. cheesy cheesy

Girls love a rea

A gentle man is someone that stand by his words , it shows he lies to much, and don't have any respect for himself, he should have objected to the fact it was a first date and aborted, if she disagreed.

Yes I know many girls take advantage of the scenario, but I gentle man makes the girl understand his position at all time.

So for me the guy is a broke ASS dude..
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by topeorekoy(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
My take:

Babes need to be careful with the way they handle first dates. How can you go on a first date with a guy and you take your friends along? Is it insecurity or what? You both are meeting for the first time, time to access each other. Time to know more about each other. Don't you think taking your friends along will distract you both? You can take them along when you both are close to the each other.

I shared this with some ladies and they blamed OP and one of them narrated how she missed out on being with a guy she met and really loved.

She took two of her friends on her first date with the guy and he took to one of her friends and lost interest in her. The guy is married to her friend now.

1 Like

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by dview001(m): 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
In Cisco's voice "my maen"....I took like d guy
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by pimpo: 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
schumastic:

Mr man shut up there, is people like u that make the ladies to continue acting this way.

1.it was there first date.
2.they already agreed that is the both of them going to watch the movie, so y did she call back to tell him her friends r coming, don't they know the way.
3.she is making a fuse about how cheap the money is yet she n her friends couldn't over look it.
4.if he didn't act that way, she will do it another time.

she probably don't know what a first date means then

meaning of a date:

LADIES TAKE NOTE INCASE OF NEXT TIME, SO YOU DON'T INVITE A THIRD PART OR CROWD tongue

This is what 2Baba and Phyno were saying in "Coded Tinz".
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
First of all, no girl who serious about any guy will ask to bring friends along, especially not on a first date. the guy probably realised this hence his behavior.

secondly dating is extinct, it has been replaced by the "hook up" culture. by this i mean most relationships nowaday starts from the physical to the emotional. i.e guy and girl meets, sparks starts flying, guy/girl looks for a reasonable excuse to get guy/girl to his/her place so they can bang without guilt. after that, they decide if tgey should continue banging or not. then they go on dates and tag themselves boyfriend/girlfriend.

the girl in question probably belongs to that school of thought which is probably why she thought the guy was a mugu for proposing a date.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by icankel: 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
wen u will actually knw some girls are sensible is wen their own brother tries such rubbish....the manner of insult u'll get frm her wil b terrible
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by topeorekoy(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
clogogo:

A gentle man is someone that stand by his words , it shows he lies to much, and don't have any respect for himself, he should have objected to the fact it was a first date and aborted, if she disagreed.
Yes I know many girls take advantage of the scenario, but I gentle man makes the girl understand his position at all time.
So for me the guy is a broke ASS dude..

I do not agree with you on this. She said her friends will be coming with her but she never told the guy he was going to pay and the guy never said he was going to pay for anything. So I do not see where the guy did not stand by his words
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by skimmy39: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
This is what i expect from every Nigerian guy> put them in their Fu(ken place!!!
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by princefunmmy(m): 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
Codes151:

Lol.. my bf said 3k could buy 10 bottles of beer! Why waste it!! Lmao
and how much does human hair cost? A whole plot of land
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Ligxy(f): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
Feranchek:
Lol. I know guys will enjoy this story. Buh I think the guy in this story is quite a jerk!! For heaven's sake she mentioned that she'll be coming with her 2 friends, and the pomo gut Said YES! Since you know you weren't financially buoyant to cater for all of them, why agree to let her come with her friends? I'm sure she'd have still come if you told her not to come with her friends. Let's be unsentimental and say the truth biko. The level of immaturity in some guys in quite annoying

(Oya Bashirus!!! Ngwanu, coman bash me!! I dey wait!! I know Y'all! So I won't be surprised tongue)

I knew it!!!! I talk am!!!! Bashirus never fail to disappoint! cheesy cheesy 23 BASHING mentions in just 20 mins!!! Gush!!! Guys dey Para o0o!! (Mumu guys I mean)

Buh some guys can be so foolish just to bring cover their shame o0oo!! So cos she didn't say "can my friends come with me and you'll pay for their tickets" now means he's exonerated from any allegations??!! C'mon fellas!

Olamide came on stage and was hitting on the organisers of a particular event. He never mentioned Don Jazzy buh we all knew (including The Don himself) that he was referring to Don baba Jay! Why??!! It's an IMPLIED STATEMENT kiddos!!

She needn't mention the paying of tickets part to the boy na.... since he agreed that she bring her friends along, then he should know what that implies!!

"Honey, my friends wants to JOIN US in seeing the movie, are you comfortable with that?" Guys make una sef give unasef some level of respect na....If she wasn't matured enough to tell her friends NO, he should be matured enough to do that!!
In Psquare voice "no start watin you no go finish, I no be George Finidi, oh oh!!" cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Babe no try at all. I'll say good riddance to bad rubbish. So cos you told him you're bringing friends means he must pay? Stupid oshofree gurls making some fake a.as guys say trash about ALL ladies. Bringing your friends along on a movie date and expecting the guy to pay for y'all ain't ladylike. Imo

1 Like

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Correct guy...
Somebody shud pls give the guy 6bottles of heineken...

cheesy

I dont take beer.

Red label would do.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
princy80:
these are the kind of ladies I avoid..."just 3k" and u are just complaining... everything is just happening.

Forming oyibo ontop guyman pocket moni..
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by 007Gbenga: 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
The economy ain't smiling, CHANGE!
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by skimmy39: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
are you gay? even if you aren't you just sounded like one. This guy deserves an award , didnt she say her friend were gonna go watch the movie with or without him. is he their father? Abeg Abeg Abeg? make you park well
Feranchek:
Lol. I know guys will enjoy this story. Buh I think the guy in this story is quite a jerk!! For heaven's sake she mentioned that she'll be coming with her 2 friends, and the pomo gut Said YES! Since you know you weren't financially buoyant to cater for all of them, why agree to let her come with her friends? I'm sure she'd have still come if you told her not to come with her friends. Let's be unsentimental and say the truth biko. The level of immaturity in some guys in quite annoying

(Oya Bashirus!!! Ngwanu, coman bash me!! I dey wait!! I know Y'all! So I won't be surprised tongue)

I knew it!!!! I talk am!!!! Bashirus never fail to disappoint! cheesy cheesy 23 BASHING mentions in just 20 mins!!! Gush!!! Guys dey Para o0o!! (Mumu guys I mean)

Buh some guys can be so foolish just to bring cover their shame o0oo!! So cos she didn't say "can my friends come with me and you'll pay for their tickets" now means he's exonerated from any allegations??!! C'mon fellas!

Olamide came on stage and was hitting on the organisers of a particular event. He never mentioned Don Jazzy buh we all knew (including The Don himself) that he was referring to Don baba Jay! Why??!! It's an IMPLIED STATEMENT kiddos!!

She needn't mention the paying of tickets part to the boy na.... since he agreed that she bring her friends along, then he should know what that implies!!

"Honey, my friends wants to JOIN US in seeing the movie, are you comfortable with that?" Guys make una sef give unasef some level of respect na....If she wasn't matured enough to tell her friends NO, he should be matured enough to do that!!
In Psquare voice "no start watin you no go finish, I no be George Finidi, oh oh!!" cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by PreciousBro: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
delishpot:
The guy did not do anything bad in buying two tickets. He should have told her before hand that he expects her friends to handle their own expenses.
But do women typically take friends on first dates? That is a sign of long throat.
As for the guy, I sense that he just wanted to deal with her. He knew all along what he was doing. He thinks she was trying to play with his inteligence. He is a vindictive guy and I wouldn't want my daughter to date such a guy.

Madam i say you are wrong,how would he voice out words on basis of impression from her. Did she mention anything about him paying for her friends ?

You see the thing about gentlemen,they are most times unattached to emotional blackmail from girls, they dont convey their actions by mere impressions. You have to communicate and not sit with an over-bloated sense of entitlement and expect,putting to total disregard the economic happenstance in your country.

Even if guys act on impressions to play nice so as to be called "gentlemen",using our sixth sense,you girls would still tag us mugus/magas and all emasculatory adjectives,saying after all you didn't literally ask..nice one there,we have figured. tongue

As for your last statement,i dont seem to get you. Vindictive ? You seem to be throwing words out like used pads...

I think you are just overly pained that guys are figuring your kind out and have refused to play dûmb to your type.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by poik(m): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
Feranchek:

see, my guy, you are a nigga like me and you know how these girls behave. for the love of mike this is a first date. You know how it is with first impresssions. You will be insincere if u tell me you will say the friends should not come as you dont have the means to sponsor them, if you were in the guy's shoes. You that i know wont do that. Not that i am supporting deception and all that, but its a pseudo world and these girls like it fake. trust me. Besides, that he said they should come does not automatically imply he would pay for their tickets, logically speaking. his paying would further prove him a gentleman...not that its compulsory. He did not invite them. so....abeg....lets not murder the guy.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by somehowpenis(m): 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
Feranchek:

_ass licking house negroe

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Has A Friend Ever Told You He/she Is In Love With You / Girls: Answer This Simple Question With All Sincerity!!! / Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.