Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? (29214 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
kilo4sure:
So was Charles Babbage also an atheist? Lol.
go and update ur knowledge...i said computer science..nt computer.. Have u ever heard of Alan Turing ?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by kilo4sure: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

1.Deut 17..we are asked to kill persons who dont believe in christianity
2.Proverbs 3:5...we are asked not to be scientific...
Kingebukasblog and co...come and see what ur god said...
Hypocrites
You are just like Amen Ra, l don't think anyone should waste his time arguing with you. Your arguments to me are some of the worst arguments from the opposing side on this particular topic. I think you can do better than this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

does atheism now support what north korea does?

Since atheism is the foundation of communism then atheism supports the activities of North Korea

This thread should help : https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because

Communism also calls for the abolition of religion and acceptance of atheism

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
kilo4sure:

You are just like Amen Ra, l don't think anyone should waste his time arguing with you. Your arguments to me are some of the worst arguments from the opposing side on this particular topic. I think you can do better than this.
why dont u open ur bible..nd read those verses...or better still..
Screenshot themm here...for all to see..
And lets see who is the liar...
?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

go and update ur knowledge...i said computer science..nt computer..
Have u ever heard of Alan Turing ?

Alan Turing did that in the 20th century . He abjured his belief in God because of the death of his girlfriend . It has nothing to with logic and reason .
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman:

*facepalm* Still off-topic. But look at this:

Problems that people attribute to Christianity are caused by authorities who used the religion as a pretext for their evil deeds, people who misinterpreted Christianity, and Christians who did not follow principles of Christianity in causing those problems. Yes they are corrupt Christians who did all those, but their actions were not assented by Christianity itself. Those problems were caused by [bad] Christians, not Christianity.

I really hope you get my point now.

And btw, this does not still tell us what atheists achieved in the middle ages.
Ah. Your name describes a kind of fallacy. Have you by any chance heard of ''The No True Scotsman Fallacy''?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
SirWere:
Oh he knows. He just wants a big argument where he answers a reply with 3 part flowing literature one part truth. Then when he's done; he can rejoice with his fellow theists over "winning another battle for the lord" gringrin. It's quite common now on NL.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
DeSepiero:
Dear Kingebukasblog,

Did you know that Leonardo da Vinci was an atheist? smiley

Maybe he abjured his belief in DeSepiero and became an atheist grin . Soon these people will be calling different names and claiming they are atheists undecided
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

Done...

For history of A theism, go to the page I've so graciously supplied. Those are the people your brothers (and sisters) quote in your arguments about religion, reason, the opium of the masses, blah blah, remember? undecided
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Since atheism is the foundation of communism then yet atheism supports the activities of North Korea

This thread should help : https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because

Communism also calls for the abolition of religion and acceptance of atheism
the criteria to join kkk is christianity...
The organization is a racist organisation...
So are all christians racist?

Ur biblical god...encourages us to be slave masters...are u a slave trader?

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Alan Turing did that in the 20th century . He abjured his belief in God because of the death of his girlfriend . It has nothing to with logic and reason .
the question is....was alan turing an atheist or a theist?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

the question is....was alan turing an atheist or a theist?

How is this relevant to the topic undecided
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How is this relevant to the topic undecided
fine...i dnt think atheists were outspoken in those ages... Mainly because of fear of the church... Nt because they are dumb... The church was a enemy to science those days...

3 Likes

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:
1.Deut 17..we are asked to kill persons who dont believe in christianity

Deut 17:5 "Then you shall bring forth to your town's gates that man or woman who has done that wicked thing and you shall stone that man or woman to death."

Why are you posting an Old Testament punishment for me? Do you know what a testament is? FYI synonym of "testament" is "law". Look at Old Testament and New Testament this way...Old Law - New Law. Apply your common sense here, now what should that tell you?

People wanted to stone an adulteress to death, what did Jesus tell them? Eh? Christianity is following the teaching of Christ, even if it tells us what the OT regards as being wrong, for God sake, we're not meant to stone anyone to death! That is not Christianity.

Btw, I'm still waiting for you to show me where the Bible said we should kill free thinkers. Free thinkers are not even hinted in that Bible passage. You've already changed the wording of your argument.

raphieMontella:
2.Proverbs 3:5...we are asked not to be scientific...

Proverbs 3:5 "Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding."

Dictionary definition of science: A particular discipline or branch of learning, especially one dealing with measurable or systematic principles rather than intuition or natural ability.

So what are you saying?? You see your life? Science doesn't even rely solely on our own insight and intuition, science has rules and principles for crying out loud.

LOL, how could someone be filled with so much misconceptions? Damn cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman:

Problems that people attribute to Christianity are caused by authorities who used the religion as a pretext for their evil deeds, people who misinterpreted Christianity, and Christians who did not follow principles of Christianity in causing those problems. Yes they are corrupt Christians who did all those, but their actions were not assented by Christianity itself. Those problems were caused by [bad] Christians, not Christianity.

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by DeSepiero(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Maybe he abjured his belief in DeSepiero and became an atheist grin . Soon these people will be calling different names and claiming they are atheists undecided

Lol his works were so heretical that they did not adhere to any religion.
Oya google that one smiley.

Did you also know Pythagoras was atheist?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Strawman:

wink

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
DeSepiero:

Oya google that one smiley.

Did you also know Pythagoras was atheist?

Pythagoras founded a religious cult called pythagoreanism . He also worshiped the pantheon of Greek gods .Try again

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is the third most unintelligent opinion I've ever seen in my life . Let me just stop here before I get a ban . Gosh !

Jeez bro ...
I didn't even see this, lol. . .
Christianity rejects claims of all other religions and makes its own counter claims.
Atheism only rejects claims of all religions

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
[size=16pt]ATHEIST IN THE HOUSE WE THANK THE THEIST ESPECIALLY THE CHRISTIAN ONES AND THE DEIST THAT PROVED THEIR RELIGION AND THE BIBLE WAS BULLSH*T USING SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND NOT SUPERNALTURAL MUMBO JUMBO grin[/size]
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman:

wink
Because the Religion obviously Has a Big Problem grin
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
Wow...A lot has happened in my absence. So no Atheist has been able to respond after 4 to 5 pages? Just strawman after strawman?

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:
[size=16pt]ATHEIST IN THE HOUSE WE THANK THE THEIST ESPECIALLY THE CHRISTIAN ONES AND THE DEIST THAT PROVED THEIR RELIGION AND THE BIBLE WAS BULLSH*T USING SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND NOT SUPERNALTURAL MUMBO JUMBO grin[/size]

Amenra shift abeg. Your posts are crappy on their own just try not to always add yourself in the mix.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Amenra shift abeg. Your posts are crappy on their own just try not to always add yourself in the mix.
U want to be educated again??
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Wow...A lot has happened in my absence. So no Atheist has been able to respond after 4 to 5 pages? Just strawman after strawman?

Lol bro you dey take style mention me 2 times. issorite grin
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

U want to be educated again??

By whom you? lmao
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
Atheists would rather destroy such a golden thread which presented a very good opportunity to prove how strong and valid Atheism is simply because they lack any footing or any response.

See how they have resorted to bashing and diversions just to ensure the thread is thrashed.

What a shame! Some of them are just observing with nothing to say..... They know themselves.

2 Likes

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by 4kings: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Pythagoras founded a religious cult called pythagoreanism .
Orphism is just harmless poetry. wink wink
He also worshiped the pantheon of Greek gods .Try again
I think that was the only way he could exalt the four elements wink
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by 4kings: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Pythagoras founded a religious cult called pythagoreanism .
Orphism is just harmless poetry. wink wink
He also worshiped the pantheon of Greek gods .Try again
I think that was the only way he could exalt the four elements wink
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman:

Lol bro you dey take style mention me 2 times. issorite grin

no vex my brother. Na the fallacious people cause am. All those "intelligent" people.....for their mind!
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
Lemme show u ur low iq
Strawman:

Deut 17:5 "Then you shall bring forth to your town's gates that man or woman who has done that wicked thing and you shall stone that man or woman to death."
christians and their lives...why didnt u paste the whole deut 17? Why cop out the preceeding verses?..keep on lying for jesus...

Why are you posting an Old Testament punishment for me? Do you know what a testament is? FYI synonym of "testament" is "law". Look at Old Testament and New Testament this way...Old Law - New Law.
if the old testament is useless why do u have it in the bible?
Why do u then believe in the creation story there ?
Why do u then use verses fromm psalms isaiah etc?
Apply your common sense here, now what should that tell you?
if only u cud apply ur self acclaimed common sense to all of the bible and ur faith...u wud be a better being..

People wanted to stone an adulteress to death, what did Jesus tell them?
u dnt even know ur bible...am ashamed that as an atheist i interprete the bible more than most christians...
What did jesus say about the law ?
Did he say he came to do away with it? Or enforce it?...
Or why then do u not steal? Bear falsewitness? If the old testament is vain?
Jesus forgave the adultress because they left out the male who she committed the act with nd condemned only her...secondly because he had the power to forgive...
Or are u now saying jesus supports adultery?

Did he sayEh? Christianity is following the teaching of Christ,
is christ not god?
Is it man that gave the laws to moses?
Keep killing urself
even if it tells us what the OT regards as being wrong, for God sake, we're not meant to stone anyone to death! That is not Christianity.
is god not the founder of christianity? Are u asking me?

Proverbs 3:5 "Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding."

Dictionary definition of science: A particular discipline or branch of learning, especially one dealing with measurable or systematic principles rather than intuition or natural ability.
**facepalm**
what is one's own understanding?
For a law in science to be established does it not spring up from someone?
Did graham bell rely on god to create the telephone?
Was it nt his personal understanding nd thinking he used to get some aspects right?

So what are you saying?? You see your life? Science doesn't even rely solely on our own insight and intuition, science has rules and principles for crying out loud.
and science doesnt have observations?
Keep on twisting science to fit ur bible..
Does science deal with our own understanding of the universe or the one god told us?

LOL, how could someone be filled with so much misconceptions? Damn cheesy
for ur mind u fink u made sense...
Maybe its amp version that included insightsef...
In GNT it is only understanding
in KJV it is only understanding..
And FYI insight means gaining deep understanding of smtin...if science doesnt gain deep understanding of something what is now science?
Mr strawman...use ur head..
Dnt give up ur brain for christianityy

2 Likes

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

Since when did seeking for help become a bad thing? At least it is better than saying "God did it" leaving no room for any argument or research" undecided

The medieval era was very religious on its own right. Even if there were irreligious scientists or men who have achieved great accomplishments, they would have had to keep it hidden to avoid being killed by the church.

The point of your thread is simple, and I agree, more people who believe believed in a god achieved a lot and still do. That doesn't mean their god is real.

Alexander the Great, was a follower of the Greek polytheistic religion, also called, Hellenism. They worshipped a hierarchy of deities, with Zeus being the king of the gods. By the age of thirty he had created one of the largest empires of the ancient world, stretching from Greece to northwestern India. Does that mean that Zeus is real?

Egypt is the birth of civilization and at the time they worshiped Horus, Osiris etc. Does that mean their gods are real?

Genghis Khan, the Mongolian emperor, was the founder and Great Khan (Emperor) of the Mongol Empire, which became the largest contiguous empire in history after his death. Genghis Khan was a tengrist. So? How does this imply that god is real or that any god is responsible for his success?

There are many great Muslim scholars and many great scientists as well. The Islamic Golden Age, spanning the 8th to the 15th Centuries, saw many great advances in science, as Islamic scholars gathered knowledge from across the known world and added their own findings. Would you then agree that Allah is the greatest and that Mohammed is Allah's prophet?

Nigu please undecided
guy i want to be like you lollllll nice reply bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Read This Article It Might Save Your Life: The Antidotes Of God / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Why You Feel Remorseful After Certain Sexual Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.