Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,481 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner (44444 Views)

The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / 1931 Population Figures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups- Colonial Annual Report 1933. / Annual Report Of Nigeria 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner, See Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 10:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

WTF does this report have to do with what he asked you. Did you even READ it?

Dude answer the question and stop beating around the bush. Flopping around to save face on OP busting the lies you people have told for years.

How come you people praise cocoa as your high revenue if it was indeed palm oil? We are waiting
Cocoa is not an African crop it was brought from Brazil by Europeans . By 1914 Cocoa was a relatively new thing According to history the earliest cocoa farm in Nigeria was in Calabar and Bonny around 1870 but the land was not suitable
It might interest you to know the same is true of Cassava and now Nigeria is probably the largest producer in the world.That is the simple explanation

11 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
aribisala0:

The figures are in the report, shouting will not change them

in 1898 the total export of palm oil and palm kernel was £460000 from the Colony of Lagos. That is written in black and white it is not a matter for debate

Cocoa was a new thing in 1914. Clearly you lack knowledge. Cocoa as a plant is not indigenous to AFrica so by 1914 it was just taking off. By Independence it was a different story

@the boldened

Kindly share the documented basis / proof of this new zefound assertion of yours?? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Ikechukwu48: 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
aribisala0:
Cocoa is not an African crop it was brought from Brazil by Europeans . By 1914 Cocoa was a relatively new thing
It might interest you to know the same is true of Cassava and now Nigeria is probably the largest producer in the world.That is the simple explanation

WTF does this have to do with the question asked?

ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTION and stop beating around the bush.

You're disgracing yourself here

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
aribisala0:
Cocoa is not an African crop it was brought from Brazil by Europeans . By 1914 Cocoa was a relatively new thing

And how does this useless piece of information help propagate your lie that SW produced more palm than Eastern and Midwest region combined?

Hold up.

Let me get the report for 1940. Let us compare palm production outputs per region in the newly created Western, Mid Western and Eastern region.

No run ohh!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

The nigga dey sweat his ass off now.

He will regret ever trying to spread his silly lies here.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Ikechukwu48: 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
Igboid:
By the way, that Palm oil was shipped through Lagos port, does not in any mean that they were produced in SW.

Only just a few part of Ondo were Palm oil producing, and it would even appear that that part was part of the Southern Nigeria, before the 1906 Egerton amalgamation.

Dude..I once asked what is their contribution to Nigerian FG and they kept screaming "lagos seaport revenue" despite the fact the user of the seaport are predominately SE and SS.

They believe if it's exported from lagos then automatically they are the ones who provided that revenue...can you imagine?

The truth is slowly coming out..Thank God for the internet

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by afroniger: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

Bro, abeg no vex o, but why do you always come across as always bitter, angry, and belligerent? I hope you are not like this offline, as in real-life, because boy! You go wicked o. lol

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

And how does this useless piece of information help propagate your lie that SW produced more palm than Eastern and Midwest region combined?

I said that?

3 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
afroniger:

Bro, abeg no vex o, but why do you always come across as always bitter, angry, and belligerent? I hope you are not like this offline, as in real-life, because boy! You go wicked o. lol
That is what kerosene cooked food does to people. Especially with all the contaminants in kerosene these days

6 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by RockHard: 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2016
aribisala0:
Cocoa is not an African crop it was brought from Brazil by Europeans . By 1914 Cocoa was a relatively new thing According to history the earliest cocoa farm in Nigeria was in Calabar and Bonny around 1870 but the land was not suitable

Guy you must be super-human. You alone dey take on the OP and his 3 other handles. grin. You don already finish them off with that your link:

http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1899_1900_southern_nigeria/3064634_1899_1900_southern_nigeria_opt.pdf

They can't refute it, so they have resorted to name-calling and abuse. Smh.

14 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
aribisala0:
That is what kerosene cooked food does to people. Especially with all the contaminants in kerosene these days

Mynd44 apart from being a general nuisance lying through out this thread, this guy aribisal0 should be rested for at least one month for attempting to derail this thread .

It is obvious he has nothing to offer.

Kindly put him out of his misery .

9 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
RockHard:

Guy you must be super-human. You alone dey take on the OP and his 3 other handles. grin. You don already finish them off with that your link:

http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1899_1900_southern_nigeria/3064634_1899_1900_southern_nigeria_opt.pdf

They can't refute it, so they have resorted to name-calling and abuse. Smh.

Are you that desperate that you have to log in another handle to support your foolishness?

Aribisal0, you are the only disgraced person here.

Look around do you see any fellow Afonja posting with you here?

Give up already.

Vedaxcool come get your boy off this thread.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
APCHaram:
For those doubting this report, I want you to know it was signed by none other than the father of Nigeria, Lord Lugard.

cheesy

The Niger Delta earned 1.8million pounds from palm exports.

This is more than higher than all other commodities exported combined!

Niger Delta feeding ingrates since 1914 AD.

You people better open a shrine for Lugard I swear!

Cc: Biafranqueen, modath vedaxcool, omenka onnenka
Temitemi1
Tomakint
Gbawe
Arresa
Aresa
Arrresa
Egift
Progressive69
TonyeBarcanista I am mention you to see how Niger Delta that you have renounced has been subsidising Nigeria since 1914.
Sometimes I wonder whether some of you are mentally alright. When did the emboldened happen?

The "Niger Delta" in that map is present day Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Edo states. We were rich in palm oil.

And what is even your business in this matter? to start with, WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

16 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by RockHard: 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

Are you that desperate that you have to log in another handle to support your foolishness?

Aribisal0, you are the only disgraced person here.

Look around do you see any fellow Afonja posting with you here?

Give up already.

Vedaxcool come get your boy off this thread.

LMAO! Bro trust me, after a hard day's work, I certainly do not have that much time on my hands to engage you lots. It's pointless and fruitless really. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
Verily you must be regretting starting this thread

8 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by jara: 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
Please note very well that most of the oil shipped through Lagos were coming from the West including some from what is later known as Mid-West.

Part Harcourt and Calabar were also seaport for oil coming from the East and part of Midwest closer to them.

So most of Lagos palm oil came from the West.

The total of what you guys are quoting came from all of Nigeria. Note that Nigeria was the highest producer of palm oil before we default to Indonesia lately since of the curse of crude oil.

You guys need to stop beating your chest and as usual claiming credit for resources coming from all of Southern Nigeria.

Ikechukwu48:

Dude..I once asked what is their contribution to Nigerian FG and they kept screaming "lagos seaport revenue" despite the fact the user of the seaport are predominately SE and SS.

They believe if it's exported from lagos then automatically they are the ones who provided that revenue...can you imagine?

The truth is slowly coming out..Thank God for the internet

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
RockHard:

LMAO! Bro trust me, after a hard day's work, I certainly do not have that much time on my hands to engage you lots. It's pointless and fruitless really. undecided

Abegi!

5 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
jara:
[s]Please note very well that most of the oil shipped through Lagos were coming from the West including some from what is later known as Mid-West.

Part Harcourt and Calabar were also seaport for oil coming from the East and part of Midwest closer to them.

The total of what you guys are quoting came from all of Nigeria. Note that Nigeria was the highest producer of palm oil before we default to Indonesia lately since of the curse of crude oil.

You guys need to stop beating your chest and as usual claiming credit for resources coming from all of Southern Nigeria.

Provide proof or shut dah hell up!

8 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2016

6 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2016
aribisala0:
Verily you must be regretting starting this thread

Your lies will not work here.

You have been spewing total irrelevant bullsh1t trying to claim that SW produced more palm than any other region in the south and you only sounded like an autistic child dropped deliberately on his head by his mother.

Guy pray tell why were Yorubas not fighting the federal govt in 1967 over better pricing of palm rather than cocoa in the Agbekoya Parapo uprising?

All we here from that waste land of yours is cocoa this cocoa that and now you want to claim that SW produced more palm oil than the entire Eastern and Midwest region?

Guy keep showing how wicked and treacherous you Yorubas are.

This thread isn't meant for afonjas like you but my brothers in the better south.

If you want to volunteer your services as the resident Yoruba lying , slanderous traitor then pls be my guest.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2016

7 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
aribisala0:
http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1904_lagos/3064634_1904_lagos_opt.pdf

PAGE 8

Where in page 8 of that link did it say that SW produced more palm oil than eastern region?

I am Begining to think you have a mental disorder .

18 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by aribisala0(m): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwis0Y_rooPPAhVHDsAKHRKWCcYQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Flibsysdigi.library.illinois.edu%2Filharvest%2FAfricana%2FBooks2011-05%2F3064634%2F3064634_1904_lagos%2F3064634_1904_lagos_opt.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEd_sf_ZcOX25Vi4KrNZQZCbsrADw&bvm=bv.131783435,d.ZGg&cad=rja

Read paragraph 14

on Page 10 "Lagos so rich in palm products"

8 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Ikechukwu48: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
jara:
Please note very well that most of the oil shipped through Lagos were coming from the West including some from what is later known as Mid-West.

Provide EVIDENCE!!!!

I'll wait

13 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

Provide EVIDENCE!!!!

I'll wait

They have nothing but lies.

You go fear these Yoruba people nah

14 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2016
aribisala0:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwis0Y_rooPPAhVHDsAKHRKWCcYQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Flibsysdigi.library.illinois.edu%2Filharvest%2FAfricana%2FBooks2011-05%2F3064634%2F3064634_1904_lagos%2F3064634_1904_lagos_opt.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEd_sf_ZcOX25Vi4KrNZQZCbsrADw&bvm=bv.131783435,d.ZGg&cad=rja

Read paragraph 14

on Page 10 "Lagos so rich in palm products"

Are you daft?

Now you are relying on outright lies to defend your silly lies?

Where in that page was there even mention of palm oil?

Stop your Useles les.

12 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Ikechukwu48: 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
afroniger:

How does that fit concern you? If I wicked past your mama, na e fit concern you?

Face front jor and stop quoting me with nonsense

14 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Ikechukwu48: 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

They have nothing but lies.

You go fear these Yoruba people nah

The OP has exposed them so wtf do you expect.

I'm still waiting for them to answer the question the OP asked....if palm oil was your highest revenue now that it is exposed that palm oil was the highest revenue back in the day, why is it that they praised only cocoa while east praised palm oil. I thought by now, they'll give the answer. Instead, all i see is aribasala flopping around with excuses

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

How does that fit concern you? If I wicked past your mama, na e fit concern you?

Face front jor and stop quoting me with nonsense

That guy no normal.

Stop responding to that sick man.

7 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

The OP has exposed them so wtf do you expect.

I'm still waiting for them to answer the question the OP asked....if palm oil was your highest revenue now that it is exposed that palm oil was the highest revenue back in the day, why is it that they praised only cocoa while east praised palm oil. I thought by now, they'll give the answer. Instead, all i see is aribasala flopping around with excuses

Fear Yoruba people .

Those guys are shameless liars !

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by jneutron4000: 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
APCHaram:
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1914/3064634_1914_opt.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiGyOH69YLPAhUBJMAKHe0OAM8QFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNE8bx1PWlU-vVAQhrTxIllP50Cn-w

Saw this pdf "Annual Report 1914, Nigeria " (see link above) which showed gross revenue between the north and southern regions after one year of almagation.

Go to page 7 and see for yourself how Nigeria's greatest revenue earner at over €1million pounds ( at least 10 times higher than any commodity export even cocoa) is proof that Niger Delta and eastern Nigeria has been feeding Nigeria since almagation.

op the palm oil and karnel is it only from the ND and Eastern region as you have claimed or from the whole Country?

5 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by VulgarVulvas: 11:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
jneutron4000:
op the palm oil and karnel is it only from the ND and Eastern region as you have claimed or from the whole Country?

Oil palm production back a hundred years ago is similar to crude oil production today.

How many barrels of crude does SW bring to the 2.6million bpd?

Going by that rubbish then your paltry 154k revenue from cocoa should be shared with the Niger delta and eastern lands because cocoa was also farmed in bothe these two areas.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / Oyetola Refuses To Congratulate Adeleke, Sends Message To Security Operatives / Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.