Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,321 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? (25985 Views)

If An Igbo Becomes The President Tomorrow, Will They Want Biafra? / Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" / We Are Elected To Pad Budget – Abiodun Olasupo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by EzendukaHenry(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
I'll change the electoral process
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thoniameek:

I agree with everything you wrot except number 3

Reason(s) being If you privatize government assets that weren't working properly or at all, it will only encourage capitalism...

Let me elaborate: take the crude oil for instance it would've been better if built the refineries and making sure things were working at least to some extent before handing it over to a private sector....

If not, it'll make the private sector exploit the people for so many reasons and for what is theirs and theirs to enjoy if only the government were accountable....

Wish I knew a better way to put this to you

It's like when you want to sell a bad car; you would get ridiculous pricing because of the state of the car, the buyer wouldn't take into consideration what they would make afterwards.....

Capitalist system is one of the many problems Nigeria has no thanks to the colonial masters

Twitter: @ReadyNaija
Instagram: Ready_Naija
Facebook: Nigerian Youths

Yeah he's really on point except for that number 3 . . .

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Chukazu: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Sounds good in theory, but they are civil servants just like everyone else. No salary = low productivity btw.

well,senators are not civil servants but public servant and can be done away with, if we have the will

Senegal got scrapped it national assembly.

because of our complex heredity, 5years single term fits best, the ones we have elected for eight years haven't done much, so it's better we give them a limit
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Zedoo(m): 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
Last last....

All of Una wey dey talk....

If Una become president of Una ordinary street, Ina leg no go touch ground again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Dejiih001(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
biggestmanhood:
the first thing i will do is to jail buhari the Daura President for life for destroying the country

Seconded.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by adegeye38(m): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
AGRICULTURE is the answer 100℅-massive investment in cash crops and all edible crops, poultry,cattle,fisheries,fruits, grains like wheat, barley, sorghum and so on , for raw materials for industries, for local consumption, and for foreign export,through the establishment of massive agricultural towns, villages and communities in all the 774 local governments in the country using the aid of world class merchanized farming and irrigation systems, with also the aid of greenhouse technology, and world class storing and processing facilities which will be powered with renewable energy using wind turbines.
This will boost our economy in a frightening pace, and bring about industrial boom, and boost our foreign exchange thereby boosting our naira, and abruptly stopping our reliance on oil, we wont have to import food any more and we will be able to sustain our selves for the forseeable future and the earnings we earn through agricultural export and also oil will be used to build coal powered power plants to generate electricity that will bring stabiliy to the power sector, which will inturn boost foreign and local businesses, bringing an accelerated development in infrastructure, health care and also maintanance of the agricultural facilities and also the coal powered plants.

CORRUPTION:- corruption is already endemic and part of our nature, so i wonr fight individuals, instead i would strong institutions and strengthen the existing ones to prevent corruption, using technology as a major weapon and creating a form od checks and balances.

INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION:- similar to what the usa embarked on between 1910-1935, massive investment would be put in manufacturing, building new industries, repair and enlargement of existing ones like Ajaokuta steel mill, floating an international airlines and so on.
Refurbishements of our refineries to eliminate imports, thus making petroleum products cheaper and slashing our forex demands by 60%.

MINISTRY OF MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR: creating a ministry whose sole purpose is to maintain all public infastructure across the nation.

and many more.

All this are really achievable if not for corruption, and the selfishness, cluelessness and stupidy of Nigerian leaders across all sectors both past and present.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by athorello(m): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
Recover all looted funds with high level of diplomacy. Outright banning of importation of all products we can produce locally and in sufficient quantities.
I will hand off the petroleum industry save deep offshore exploration and production (should be owned by the federal government). NNPC, NLNG and the refineries will be sold off. Why should the government bother on citizens owning or fuelling vehicles and power generators
Reduce the presidential fleet to 4 or 5
Full resource control
Autonomy to LGs
Revert state ownership of lands.
I will leave industrialization to the private sector.
Abolish quota system, let the best get the best.
States and Mega cities should operate autonomous police in affiliation to the federal police. Every part of the country should be relatively safe for living and businesses.

What the government should concentrate on
Tax and tax the land
Provision of quality public amenities
Good transport system that will make people to abandon their cars
Equip the military and other special forces to teeth.
Education... Upgrade all public own schools, encourage private sectors to compete favorably, hunt for and develop talents, encourage grants, funds and scholarships from state, individuals and private companies, encourage practical exposure via students summer jobs and internships in both public and private enterprises.
Revamp the Health Sector to provide good quality health care to all.
Agric, agric, agric!!!
Provides enabling environment for all businesses especially SMEs to thrive.
Fight crime and corruption to a standstill using all federal apparatus in affiliation to all states and local authorities.
Establish federal reserves in all states of the federation.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by mankan2k7(m): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
I will mandate all d governor to pay up all salaries arrear being own d workers.

I will make corruption and rape a capital offence who only dies by hanging or firing square

I will not spare d drug lord but sentence to life imprisonment with hard labour and with no access to any family members

I will encourage patronage of made in Nigeria goods and mandate d government officials to patronage locally made goods.

I will allow total freedom for d press and allow a vibrant opposition to keep me on my toes

I will diversify our economy and give priority to agriculture and solid minerals

Education will be affordable to d masses

Health services will almost be free

I will call all d actors/ professionals in health sector and settles d age long enemity in d health sector

I will encourage and support technological based projects done by d final year students in our tertiary institutions

I will regularly meet with d students in their congreses in their various schools to seek their opinions in moving d nations forward

I will ban public grazing of cattle's

No negotiations with any terrorists group

I will mandate local governments autonomy

Immunity clause for all political class will be removed

I will encourage part time legislature

I will merge both senate and house of representative

Pensioners will be giving priority more

Old people will be well taking care of adequately

I will create a DNA database for all Nigerians

Police force will be restructure

............and lots more
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Rushtec(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
I ONLY ERADICATE LIE EVEN FROM HOUSE TO HOUSE, THEN SETTLE ELECTRIC POWER AND EACH FAMILY MUST HAVE FARM. TRU DT NIGERIA WILL SOLVE 89.89% OF IT PROBLEM
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Goahead(m): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
undecided
undecided
undecided
Ban all form of importation! Biafrans have all it takes for Nigerians to survive ~ ranging from foods, medicine, technology to politics.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by darmolla(m): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
Zceesneh:
i will report u for insulting a nairalander smiley smiley
Whats wrong with you,i think you just 14
Receive senses in jesus name
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by ba7man(m): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
sinceraconcept:
I wonder what Bukola Saraki would look like when he's flogged naked. They would flog his big belly and he'd run up and down begging for mercy
grin grin grin

Flogging a person butt nekkid in public is one of the fastest ways of demystifying a man.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by AntiWailer: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Oildichotomy:
[size=15pt]A simple question was asked and [b]you turned all your effort [/b]to lambasting the generation.

Not knowing you playing to the same gallery you pointing fingers at.

What a generation
[/size]

lol.

I did not turn all my effort. grin grin
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by orbitriz: 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
1. Slash salary and allowances of president and vice by 60%: president and vice president should earn like civil servants, so I will start with myself by slashing not just my monthly salary but all salaries and allowances/entitlements, including easta code abi easter codeine lol

2. Implement federalism whereby each state controls and manages her resources and remits 30% to the federal/central government which will be used to tackle national security/boundary security watch, immigration, foreign affairs, etc

3. Privatise every federal government owned asset or business such that government will only become a regulatory body and not management. This will bring efficiency among government workers, and curb corruption in government offices

4. Make sure most government handled activities are computerized such that they will be done mostly by electronic; especially cash handling to reduce corruption and bribery

5. Ban cattle grazzing and find effective ways to improve cattle rearing such that we will have more ranches for cattle herders.....and have more Nigerians go into farming by making farming lucrative and attractive using farm mechanization and improved security for Nigerian farmers

6. Implement State Policing:
every state must have their own Police.

7. Scrap state of origin: all Nigerians are equal and the same no matter their state of origin.

8. All political office or post must be made unattractive such that they will earn very meagre salary and allowances so people will stop clamoring to go into politics to make money or to fight poverty. If you want to be a millionaire, go and start a company, invent something or develop a new business idea and don't ever think about going into politics to make money because political offices and posts will earn even lesser than school principals!

9. No politician or his/her children/spouse/immediate relative will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year the moment you are elected or appointed into office. They will submit their travel documents to a special Federal Police Team to enforce strict travel monitoring for all politicians!

10. Increase tax for the rich: if you are worth more than 1billion naira, then you will pay 35% higher tax. To reduce your tax, open more companies, farms, businesses and employ more people so that the more people you employ, the lesser the tax you will pay as a rich person.

11. Tax religious bodies: churches, mosques, shrines, juju houses, all must be registered and must pay tax to the government. The higher your revenue, the higher your tax.....to reduce your tax, build schools and make it free, open companies and employ Nigerians, then you will pay less tax as a Church or Mosque

12. Life jail for any political office holder found guilty of corruption: [/b]35 years jail term for any corrupt practices no matter how small

[b]13. Reduce number of senators and reps:
there will only be 36 senators and 102 (3 per state) reps, and their salary/allowance cannot exceed 1 million naira only! No senator, rep, commissioner, perm sec, etc will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year. Same with their children, spouses, immediate relatives. So before you think of becoming a senator/rep/commissioner/etc you will think it well and know that you are only going to serve and not to make money!

l like your views but before all those things I will fix power first because power is the key the gears industrialisation and small scale businesses, I tell you if Nigeria has steady power today will out of recession before you know it.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by darmolla(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Zedoo:
Last last....

If Una become president of Una ordinary street, Ina leg no go touch ground again
no mind them,na their pocket de go fill with money
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by bennybaba(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
1. hold a true sovereign national conference....where the issue of true federalism including this bicameral legislative system will be discussed

2. drastically reduce the unnecessary wastage of our money ..for example i don't see any fu..cking reason why a country under recession should have ministers of state and lots of ssa.

3 declare state of emergency on power and the economy.

4.upgrade our educational facilities.....i see it as unnecessary whereby a state will have something like 4 universities i would prefer the specialization method where one school will be known for a particular course..

5. declare importation of products that can be produce in Nigeria a treasonable offence.

6. making Nigeria a true secular state.

7. change our foreign policy of putting Africa first....i think it should rather be your country first then your friends, and friends here means countries who helps you when you are in trouble for example the east (China,Russia ) sold weapons to us during the heat of the boko haram battle whereas our traditional friends abandoned and refuse other countries to sell weapons to us.

8. upgrade and revamp our security agencies.....making our borders too difficult to penetrate by intruders.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by confistified(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
Zedoo:
Last last....

boss biko updates
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by hollypagan: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
I will first kill all Yoruba ppl
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by AntiWailer: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
1. Slash salary and allowances of president and vice by 60%: president and vice president should earn like civil servants, so I will start with myself by slashing not just my monthly salary but all salaries and allowances/entitlements, including easta code abi easter codeine lol

2. Implement federalism whereby each state controls and manages her resources and remits 30% to the federal/central government which will be used to tackle national security/boundary security watch, immigration, foreign affairs, etc

3. Privatise every federal government owned asset or business such that government will only become a regulatory body and not management. This will bring efficiency among government workers, and curb corruption in government offices

4. Make sure most government handled activities are computerized such that they will be done mostly by electronic; especially cash handling to reduce corruption and bribery

5. Ban cattle grazzing and find effective ways to improve cattle rearing such that we will have more ranches for cattle herders.....and have more Nigerians go into farming by making farming lucrative and attractive using farm mechanization and improved security for Nigerian farmers

7. Scrap state of origin: all Nigerians are equal and the same no matter their state of origin.

8. All political office or post must be made unattractive such that they will earn very meagre salary and allowances so people will stop clamoring to go into politics to make money or to fight poverty. If you want to be a millionaire, go and start a company, invent something or develop a new business idea and don't ever think about going into politics to make money because political offices and posts will earn even lesser than school principals!

9. No politician or his/her children/spouse/immediate relative will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year the moment you are elected or appointed into office. They will submit their travel documents to a special Federal Police Team to enforce strict travel monitoring for all politicians!

10. Increase tax for the rich: if you are worth more than 1billion naira, then you will pay 35% higher tax. To reduce your tax, open more companies, farms, businesses and employ more people so that the more people you employ, the lesser the tax you will pay as a rich person.

11. Tax religious bodies: churches, mosques, shrines, juju houses, all must be registered and must pay tax to the government. The higher your revenue, the higher your tax.....to reduce your tax, build schools and make it free, open companies and employ Nigerians, then you will pay less tax as a Church or Mosque

12. Life jail for any political office holder found guilty of corruption: [/b]35 years jail term for any corrupt practices no matter how small

there will only be 36 senators and 102 (3 per state) reps, and their salary/allowance cannot exceed 1 million naira only! No senator, rep, commissioner, perm sec, etc will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year. Same with their children, spouses, immediate relatives. So before you think of becoming a senator/rep/commissioner/etc you will think it well and know that you are only going to serve and not to make money!

This can be ONLY be achieved as a Military Administrator

and YES. I agree with you on ALL your 13 points agenda.

I doff my hat for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by AntiWailer: 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
orbitriz:
l like your views but before all those things I will fix power first because power is the key the gears industrialisation and small scale businesses, I tell you if Nigeria has steady power today will out of recession before you know it.

Naaaa
Brazil and Venezuela have steady power and are in recession.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Ugosample(m): 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
If I was president, the FIRST thing I will try to do is ti heal old wounds, and from my speech and actions, unify this great country.
A house divided against itself cannot stand at all, and when everyone see Nigeria as his own property, then we will all be driven to fix it.

Lemme stop for now
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
darmolla:

Whats wrong with you,i think you just 14
Receive senses in jesus name
why call me mumu smiley
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Visocrate(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
lock and imprison cryall those idiats shouting change and the originator of the scam grin called change grin
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by darmolla(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
Zceesneh:
why call me mumu smiley

shey na only you de here?
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by berrystunn(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:

I will vote for you.....
Please no vex add this

build a great institutions to block all means of corruption...

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by juman(m): 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nonsense.

Unserious government.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by berrystunn(m): 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:

[size=20pt]Registration of 25m[/size]

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by ademy2007: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
I will call Meeting with all pasts generals n political leaders to explain what had happened since independent all in local language with interpreter

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Youngzedd(m): 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pobe all that have handled public office for corruption, recover the money and kill them all by firing squad.

Make capital punishment when found guilty of corruption and everything will be in place.

It just doesn't require the creator to come down to earth.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by doskie(m): 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
How can i possibly be a president naaaa?? Make we dey tell our self truth
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by poiZon: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
ijebuloaded:
As a Nigerian, Witnessing the hard time we facing in this Great Nation, If President Mohammed Buhari was Impeached today and you are elected as the President Of This Nation....My Question is ;

How will you save the Economy woes of this Nation?
How will you Save the Nation out of Recession?
How will You fight Corruption?
How will You Fight Terrorism in Nigeria?

Lets Know How The Change Begins....

ijebuloaded
impeach am first then call me ask d kweshun.
No come here dey beg for ideas to carry give dat english economics students minister.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Youngzedd(m): 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
ba7man:
I'll create a public holiday where corrupt Politicians will be publicly stripped naked and flogged on NTA with the national anthem on repeat in the background.

Their supporters too will be lashed on tv till 4pm before cartoons and soap operas take over.

They'll be a repeat broadcast at night.

Thank you.

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obiano's Light Up Projects Across Onitsha Mega City- Pics / "Vote Buhari Out And Vote Who In?" Statement / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.