Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain (6347 Views)

10 Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man Make Sure He Knows He Is Appreciated / Jessica Elvis: I'll Sleep With Ronaldo, Wizkid Before I Retire From Prostitution / Ladies,can You Propose To A Man,even If You Are 100% Sure He Will Marry You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

So the summary of what he did today: he called me earlier and complained that i hadn't replied his messages which he sent late last night/early morning (around 3am) [/b]this was after he ignored for the whole day my own text messages to him. Nehoo i didn't say much n he eventually said bye.
Later on i tried calling him and he refused to pick up his fone (thats part of his usual tantrums). So we eventually got chatn on messenger n i tried calln him on there and again he refused to pick up sayn he was "busy" yet we were chattn on messenger.
I told him i had something important to discuss but he still refused to pick up. I got pissed off and i told him to get lost and stay lost so that was it.
[b]I know it sounds like kiddies stuff but trust me
its all him hence the reason i say he is immature! smiley seriously there's more to the story but basically all he needs 2 say is how much he loves me and can't live without me [i][/i]but he rather waste his time with non-graded girls that are just fooling him. He is too proud and just not romantic enough!

hmmmmmm, Subscribing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Poster

Love ain't easy, we're not all perfect and a guy can't always determine how to tickle a woman's fancy. . . If u care one bit about the guy, you should teach him how to please u. and tell u nice things, Such men are life partners,
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by eldee(m): 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2009
davidylan:

eldee, i think this depends on what type of "maturity" we are talking about here. That a woman constantly seeks reassurance and attention from her man does not mean she is not mature enough to handle other issues. You're the man here . . . emotionally you should be the leader. The bond built by you too will be far far stronger than with a woman who can deal with not speaking to you for 2 weeks in a row. It may initially sound more appealing since you are relatively freer but eventually u'll always wonder if she truly cares about you.

I see where you're coming from . . . but you need to understand it from the man's perspective.
He's probably annoyed and extremely busy at the same time . . . that's when her maturity comes in.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2009
A man who doesn't or can't always seem to get the right words to gladden a woman's heart is surely not a playboy.
You should be proud u have such a guy.  Most girls like sweet talkers but most of such guys are playboys. Believe me, they must have said sweeter things to their exs.
wink
Don't judge him cos he's not your perfect description of a romantic boyfriend, just rear him to your taste. . .  wink
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by TOPE20001(f): 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2009
davidylan:

eldee, i think this depends on what type of "maturity" we are talking about here. That a woman constantly seeks reassurance and attention from her man does not mean she is not mature enough to handle other issues. You're the man here . . . emotionally you should be the leader. The bond built by you too will be far far stronger than with a woman who can deal with not speaking to you for 2 weeks in a row. It may initially sound more appealing since you are relatively freer but eventually u'll always wonder if she truly cares about you.

Amen bro, i feel you on that cool
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Sauron1: 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

So the summary of what he did today: he called me earlier and complained that i hadn't replied his messages which he sent late last night/early morning (around 3am) this was after he ignored for the whole day my own text messages to him. Nehoo i didn't say much n he eventually said bye.
Later on i tried calling him and he refused to pick up his fone (thats part of his usual tantrums). So we eventually got chatn on messenger n i tried calln him on there and again he refused to pick up sayn he was "busy" yet we were chattn on messenger.
I told him i had something important to discuss but he still refused to pick up. I got pissed off and i told him to get lost and stay lost so that was it.
I know it sounds like kiddies stuff but trust me its all him hence the reason i say he is immature! smiley seriously there's more to the story but basically all he needs 2 say is how much he loves me and can't live without me [i][/i]but he rather waste his time with non-graded girls that are just fooling him. He is too proud and just not romantic enough!

Jesus Wept!!!!! cry cry cry cry
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2009
maedan:

@davidylan, well you said, "I find that largely true", to quote you. So I guessed that you used some "experience" to make your "findings". cheesy

I know this will sound objectionable but sometimes it's the woman's priority to be immature, insecure, attention-seeking, self-absorbed etc, and it's the man's priority to do all the hard work tongue.

Those guys "lucky" enough to get a girl running after them/doing all the chasing, trust me it's not a plus tongue. Never be afraid to pander to your woman's every childish whim, just try and get used to it because it's OOTT( One Of Those Things cheesy)

lol you were right.
The above in highlights is very true and that's a responsibility a guy must be prepared to shoulder . . . trust me guys, it can be a lot more fun than a pain in the neck. And here's where you will need to have a very good sense of humor and plenty of patience. A woman, despite her worries, needs to know she has a rock who will stand by her no matter what and at least has an answer to 99% of her troubles.

Having a woman run after you can be fun for a while . . . but nothing beats the apprehension of chasing her and the eventual triumph when she finally agrees to be urs.

eldee:

I see where you're coming from . . . but you need to understand it from the man's perspective.
He's probably annoyed and extremely busy at the same time . . . that's when her maturity comes in.

Here's my take on that . . . create time for her if she means anything to you.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by whitelexi(m): 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2009
Where there's competition, there's a winner and many losers grin grin grin
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by TOPE20001(f): 10:36pm On Oct 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Jesus Wept!!!!! cry cry cry cry

why? tongue

whitelexi:

Where there's competition, there's a winner and many losers grin grin grin

lmao grin cheesy
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Sauron1: 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2009
davidylan:

Having a woman run after you can be fun for a while . . . but nothing beats the apprehension of chasing her and the eventual triumph when she finally agrees to be urs.

Chase her for how long?
I despise time wasters. . . . . angry angry angry angry
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by wisecutie: 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
Playboy*:

Hahaha, I can sense you are very emotioanal and possesive, your type would like a man to overwhelm you with attention and show you no end of the road in a relationship, you would want any guy you are in love with to place you above any other priority , right ?

If so , you have to understand that affairs are like  planting seed, it will need nurturing, and it will grow and mature with time,

I dont realy see much  problem here, though he has displayed some impatiance with you over the text reply, and if you say he is proud and impatience that means he is brutish,

In any case, what you should do is upto you, but the present problem is too small to cause a break up,
But see how to psycholoical manipulate a proud person,
Mute yourself and make him feel in control, show that you believe in him, make him the center of attention and place him above any other priority, boost his ego and constantly flatter him, Though you should do it with balance on your own side, dont give him your self so cheap or else you will breed arrogance in him and he will take you for a ride,

Most proud people usually want to be made the center of attention and for people to believe in them , feel that void by making him  the center of attention,  Some others normaly use pride to hide inferiority and insecurity, if that is the case of your guy, bring up the inferiority and insecurity in him to the surface and cub down his ego , then proceed to show him how much you love and care.

That is all i have to say for now,

Mr man why not speak for yourself?This definitely wouldnt work for most guys I know.Ask the sisi pp to tell you d probs they have had b4 u advice.If she does all these and yet he gets better outside nko?Remember a nice guy is he who submits gives full attention to a chic?Miss you know your man better.No matter the advice you get here,the final decision rests with you.My advice is to get his attention,but not by the ego method mr man outline above.But pls act wisely.Thank you
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by maedan(f): 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2009
lol @ Sauron---are you sure you've ever fallen in love grin grin?? Because if you ever seriously have, then my answer would be, to chase her even up till the wedding day - and usually even after!! But if she's doesn't mean that much then please feel free to give her the cool treatment when it suits you undecided cheesy.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Sauron1: 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2009
maedan:

lol @ Sauron---are you sure you've ever fallen in love grin grin?? Because if you ever seriously have, then my answer would be, to chase her even up till the wedding day - and usually even after!! But if she's doesn't mean that much then please feel free to give her the cool treatment when it suits you undecided cheesy.

I tend to fall in love ONLY after the relationship has been established and NOT before.
Only sissies fall in love before asking a woman out.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by eldee(m): 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2009
davidylan:

Here's my take on that . . . create time for her if she means anything to you.

My honest opinion . . . an immature woman like this poster is a man's biggest turnoff.
'I want him to tell me he loves me, he didn't' . . . boo hoo
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Chase her for how long?
I despise time wasters. . . . .  angry angry angry angry

No set time . . . you can tell which woman is seriously considering you from the one who is just stringing you along in less than 2 weeks. I wouldnt chase for more than 1 month max if i cant see any positive reaction from her.

But if you know she also wants you but is simply stalling perhaps because she's not sure of how serious your intentions are then i say chase and chase and chase and chase . . . till you drop.  grin
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by TOPE20001(f): 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2009
eldee:

My honest opinion . . . an immature woman like this poster is a man's biggest turnoff.

Lmao . . .does women still demand an I LOVE YOU from their bfs? na wa o grin
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2009
eldee:

Depends on the man. A woman is nothing but a big teddy bear . . . they will whine, cry, nag, annoy you . . . but after a while you'll learn just how to manage her and get the best out of her.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Lmao . . .does women still demand from their bfs to tell them that he loves her? na wa o grin

what's wrong with that? shocked
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by vicade(m): 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2009
Most girls too are not equipped with a brain or maybe they just have some loose wires. I say it again most guys cheat and give warning signs thus ladies often see it coming.

On the other hand a girl will stab you in the back seriously.  Afterall. we are all suffering now cos of Eve's f@@k up and Adam proving lover boy and also f@@king up

Imagine my guy playing love to some chick claiming to be a virgin. i have placed a bet the girl will Bleep him up sooner than later if he does not check for sure but he says he trusts and loves her thus no need to check. Now that is a brainless guy but i dont balme him. he will soon learn the hard way
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by maedan(f): 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2009
shocked@Sauron, "I fall in love only AFTER a relationship is "established", not before--". Wow, you sound really harsh grin!! Girls should be wary of guys like you to even chase them; you're the kind who end up showing the girl pepper if she finally falls in love with you/agrees to the relationship tongue cheesy.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by TOPE20001(f): 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2009
davidylan:

what's wrong with that? shocked

i dnt demand i love u oo, if he loves me, he will tell me and he never disappoint grin tongue
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Sauron1: 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2009
eldee:

davidylan:

No set time . . . you can tell which woman is seriously considering you from the one who is just stringing you along in less than 2 weeks. I wouldnt chase for more than 1 month max if i cant see any positive reaction from her.

But if you know she also wants you but is simply stalling perhaps because she's not sure of how serious your intentions are then i say chase and chase and chase and chase . . . till you drop.  grin

I woulda lost interest after 10 days.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by aaidel(m): 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2009
Both of u are foolish and immature first of all you should realise that relationships like life generally require when one party is riled up and angry the other party should be patient try to find out whats wrong and reassure the other party. Do you really think that not answering calls and replying messages are good enough reasons for a break up? If you do then i dont think you are ready to be in a relationship maybe you should take a break from relationships until you are mature enough to handle one
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Sauron1: 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2009
maedan:

shocked@Sauron, "I fall in love only AFTER a relationship is "established", not before--". Wow, you sound really harsh grin!! Girls should be wary of guys like you to even chase them; you're the kind who end up showing the girl pepper if she finally falls in love with you/agrees to the relationship tongue cheesy.

U must be very intelligent. grin grin grin
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by chiogo(f): 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2009
@Poster, he was probably busy as he said while chatting with you.

I, for example, chat while reading. Talking on the chat thing is a bit of a distraction, don't you think?
I always say no too, I mean we're already chatting.   you coulda typed whatever it was you wanted to tell him.

Anywayz,  your boyfriend sounds like the type who doesn't show his emotions that well and you seem to like a lot of attention, don't we all?
It gets annoying with such guys. You can ignore some of 'em just to give 'em a taste of their own medicine but they still won't change. I dunno what to tell ya.
Either you deal with it or you leave him alone permanently.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2009
@ poster

Go to his house and demand to know why he's acting like a child.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Sauron1: 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2009
stillwater:

@ poster

Go to his house and demand to know why he's acting like a child.

The poster is too young to travel by herself. grin grin grin grin
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by eldee(m): 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

i dnt demand i love u oo, if he loves me, he will tell me and he never disappoint grin tongue
It's sickening, last time I had a chic like that, I was in high school.
All dem , high cell phone bill kinda chics are teenagers in grown women's bodies. cheesy cheesy

davidylan:

Depends on the man. A woman is nothing but a big teddy bear . . . they will whine, cry, nag, annoy you . . . but after a while you'll learn just how to manage her and get the best out of her.

You're portraying women as these brainless overgrown babies that need a flipping pacifier every now and then.
I prefer my women emotionally competent and mentally mature.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2009
maedan:

Sauron is right . . .
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Where did she say that?
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by kellorah: 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2009
LMAO! Poster don suffer. . .Sauron u get bad mouth ooo. grin grin grin

Poster, ur not happy in the relationship, and it seems like this kinda situation always comes up. How bout u leave the dude alone.
Maybe when ur gone he will grow up a bit. . . .or u will grow up too.
This is childish. How old r u both? [My bad if uv already stated, can't read the whole thing]
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2009
eldee:

All dem , high cell phone bill kinda chics are teenagers in grown women's bodies. cheesy cheesy

na wa o . . . i dont think its as bad as you guys portray this. A grown, mature woman can and shld ask her man to affirm his love for her . . . yes!

eldee:

You're portraying women as these brainless overgrown babies that need a flipping pacifier every now and then.
I prefer my women emotionally competent and mentally mature.

they are babies, even the ones you think are emotionally competent. The level of grey matter is what differentiates the good from the retarded.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by TOPE20001(f): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2009
eldee:

All dem , high cell phone bill kinda chics are teenagers in grown women's bodies. cheesy

lolz grin grin
Some girls just love hearing it all the time but honestly i cant be with a man that show me his emotions anymore o angry grin

~Sauron~:

U iz crazy grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

8 Things Stingy Guys Present As Birthday Gifts For Their Girlfriend / Should I Stop Eating Eba To Maintain My Weight? / #nobra Day Nigerian Slay Queens With 'heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.