Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? (55184 Views)

Married Men, Come And See. Photo!!! / Husband Helps Girlfriend Escape As Wife Unexpectedly Came Back Home / Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by awakeuche(m): 11:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
When these so called cultureless hoe's can get everything you own just like that, why wont Nigerian men run away from them..... My bro always tells me how loud and weird some black women can be for no reason, Nigerian women are ok but he says the jamaicans are something else.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ochuciano(m): 11:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
khiaa:
lol How would she know if he is a virgin or not?
hahahahahahaha. by testing na
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Taryur3(m): 11:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
pocohantas:

College of education. grin
Very funny question,everyone knows this is a fact. I wonder which rock he lives under undecided

OP, they believe homebased chicks would find it easier to SUBMIT. That's all, nothing else.
Your head dey there.chop 5
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
Bollinger:

You are funny. You think if the societal structure in Nigeria was normal the divorce rate wouldn't be ten times higher than what exists in America? No one wants to be treated like slaves and Nigerian women are basically treated as such. The reason they are afraid to leave their husbands in Nigeria is because of the economic and legal realities that exist in the country. Both factors do not favor them. They know how difficult it would be to survive without the surpport of their husband especially when kids are involved. To make matters worse, the legal system does not favor them. A man can wake up one morning and chase his wife out of their matrimonial home and bring in someone else that same day and nothing will happen. Come and try that shiit over here. The reason the divorce rate in Nigeria is so low is because of fear on the part of women. It is that simple.
Bowing down.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Where you forced to go there? No

My point is if you're gonna come home to Marry please always come back to check on your wives and kids

I understand the hustle really I do but using others to satisfy ourselves isn't that going too far, you have one wife abroad another home some of their kids don't even know what their fathers look like and their wives here have become like single mothers

If you wanna come home to marry please make provisions for the intended wife and children

You are absolutely right buh I must tell you, you wont really knw the reason y its like that until you are in their shoes. Honestly I dont think its as easy as you see it. I have an example of a situation lyk this buh I dont want to go into it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Taryur3(m): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
ochuciano:
The women abroad should come home too and pick virgin guys as the men do too.

It should be easy for them cuz they have equal rights values already instil in them. Some nigeria guys will gladly accept their proposal.
I swear...the guy no go see his period if they finally marry.na d woman Go be d husband there.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by FreeWorld23: 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:

good question
travel abroad and see why. Who wants to marry a bitchh who bleeps for cash ?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by justwise(m): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Oh there's nothing clueless about me honey

I am an unquenchable fire

You can't deny there's more than an essence of truth in what I have said

There are some element of truth in what you said but you got no clue as to why some people decided to come home to marry or why marriages breakdown here.

Certian circumstances prevent many Nigerians bringing their wives here...visa restrictions being one of them, you can't just start blasting them when you got no clue what the issues are

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
NgcoboP:

American females have forgotten how to be women .... not worth marrying

Women or slaves?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Cutehector(m): 11:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
onelife97:
@op......according to my own personal experience,women are the same...The Good and the bad ones.
I am married with Oyinbo woman in the EU.Of course I have my own PMA as well but I have always been a good husband until she started showing me some bad colours after the delivery of our lil boy....It Got me to the extent of me thinkin of suicide..
Then I thought maybe I should start looking for an African woman most especially Nigerian woman to be precise from my ethnic group.Mind u I didn't 't really care about what part of Nigeria she might come from.Until last year that I went to Nigeria and met few ladies but I only chose one as I am not ready for any trial.
To cut the long story short the Nigerian ladies that I have met are not quite better than the white ladies here...The only different is just the language and culture.
Maybe I ve been unlucky in finding a virtuous woman but my story is the same with many successful young guys I know back in 9ja.The only thing many 9ja girls think they have to offer is round mid-back and the front deep shop.
So maybe this might be one of the reasons our guys also see them as baby factory because that is all the ladies tend to offer.
Maybe if I ll be fortunate enough to meet a fine 9ja babe around Eastern Europe or anywhere around here,maybe I ll consider it.But until then,I remain a living alone married man..
I Don't blame anyone for their choice in marriage or for family.If u haven't walked in their shoes u might never know the reason behind their action.
Why did you marry that white lady in the first place?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Funnyguy83: 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
i was here .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

There is some element of truth in what you said but you got no clue as to why some people decided to come home to marry or why marriages breakdown here.

Certian circumstances prevent many Nigerians bringing their wives here...visa restrictions being one of them, you can't just start blasting them when you got no clue what the issues are

I blasted the men, the white women and also our Nigerian women I know how these things are all I am saying is some of them can be avoided

You marry a woman here make provisions for her
You marry a white lady divorce her properly before you come home to marry
Don't use women for breeding sake and then abandon them to suffer
Sometimes you go and don't come back for years, sometimes they send nothing back home
See before I started writing I have witnessed first hand something like this and recently witnessed another some days back
So I do have an inkling of what I'm talking/writing about

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ogbonti: 11:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Where you forced to go there? No

My point is if you're gonna come home to Marry please always come back to check on your wives and kids

I understand the hustle really I do but using others to satisfy ourselves isn't that going too far, you have one wife abroad another home some of their kids don't even know what their fathers look like and their wives here have become like single mothers

If you wanna come home to marry please make provisions for the intended wife and children

THE BOLD SECTION OF YOUR COMMENT shows you have a little knowledge of what you are discussing about. let me school you a bit

Do you know that IF, I REPEAT, IF not for the money flowing from overseas to Nigeria to support impoverished family members, and IF not that awon boys traveled abroad to hussle, most places in Nigeria would have been ungovernable and unlivable due to excess crime rate.

Diaspora MONEY coming in is one of the few reasons there is not yet a civil war in southern Nigeria so keep quiet and don't tell me "DEM FORCE YOU TO TRAVEL" are you out of your mind? if ALL THE MEN YOU DEMONIZE HERE come home to naija to act properly according to your script, and they get hit by recession and cant even feed, those wives will leave them and both diaspora husband and home based wife will share the resultant loss. what are you talking about? Probably, the gadget u used in recording these insults, phones or i-pads was sent to you by a naija intending husband who lives in America. PLEASE DO US A FAVOR, stop accepting our gifts and recession relief we send your types, via western union. Stop dressing up in our cloths we slave night and day doing odd jobs to buy for you, using our make ups we send you to intimidate the jobless boys who service your congos... You have the nerve to talk carelessly that "we don't even know what they do over there"...... you put work for abroad wey naija men wan do? ANY guy wey travel comot from naija, go hussle for land wey dem no born him papa or born him mama, na courageous person. you think say we dey pluck dollars for trees for abroad? NO WORRY, MAKE GOD LET U COME, E GO BE LIKE FILM FOR YOUR EYES.. it is very easy to sit downon your phat but t.. after eating over feeding and start talking trash about guys wey dey abroad... no be lie.

BIKO, MAKE I MAKE THIS LAST APPEAL, decently refuse our money and go get a job, raise your head up high and be a lady of your words, in 3 months, you will look like a refugee from somalia... your waistline is growing wider and wider DUE to reckless eating of fast foods everyday with our dollars and pounds and you have the nerve to go online to bite the fingers that feed you... I NO BLAME YOU!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by FarmTech(m): 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
Bollinger:

You are funny. You think if the societal structure in Nigeria was normal the divorce rate wouldn't be ten times higher than what exists in America? No one wants to be treated like slaves and Nigerian women are basically treated as such. The reason they are afraid to leave their husbands in Nigeria is because of the economic and legal realities that exist in the country. Both factors do not favor them. They know how difficult it would be to survive without the surpport of their husband especially when kids are involved. To make matters worse, the legal system does not favor them. A man can wake up one morning and chase his wife out of their matrimonial home and bring in someone else that same day and nothing will happen. Come and try that shiit over here. The reason the divorce rate in Nigeria is so low is because of fear on the part of women. It is that simple.

2 wrongs cannot make a right. God made man the head, oyibo says no that they are equal. how can 2 captain be on a ship? if men are treating women unfairly, the right law to make shud not be extreme ones that will favor one party.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ianSweet(f): 11:50pm On Oct 23, 2016
SerRento:

The Nigerian sisters have already assimilated the prevalent culture in their new society, that's why they aren't tops in the list of women to be married. Before a Naijabet man will marry a Nigerian woman abroad who's living like oyibo, he will like marry oyibo na. Abi how you see am? Why buy fake when I can have the genuine article?

Mtcheeew, makes no sense
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
ogbonti:

THE BOLDED SECTION OF YOUR COMMENT shows you have a little knowledge of what you are discussing about. let me school you a bit

Do you know that IF, I REPEAT, IF not for the money flowing from overseas to nigeria to support impoverished family members, and IF not that awon boys traveled abroad to hussle, places like benin, by now would have been ungovernable and unlivable due to excess crime rate. Diaspora MONEY coming in is one of the few reasons there is not yet a civil war in southern Nigeria so keep quiet and dont tell me "DEM FORCE YOU TO TRAVEL" are you out of your mind? if ALL THE MEN YOU DEMONIZE HERE come home to naija to act properly according to your script, and they get hit by recession and cant even feed, those wives will leave them and both diaspora husband and home based wife share the loss. what are you talking about? Probably, the gadget u used in recording these insults, phones or ipads was sent to you by a naija intending husband who lives in America. PLEASE DO US A FAVOR, stop accepting our gift and recession relief we send you via western union. stop dressing in our cloths, using our make ups to intimidate the jobless boys who service your congos

decently refuse outr money and go get a job, raise your head up high and be a lady of your words, in 3 months, you will look like a refugee from somalia... your waistline is growing wider and wider eating fast foods everyday with out dollars and pounds and you have the nerve to go online to bite the fingers that feed you... I NO BLAME YOU!

Typical of you to assume your meagre income can take care of me

I didn't create this thread to exchange words so I'd let this go

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ianSweet(f): 11:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
FarmTech:

2 wrongs cannot make a right. God made man the head, oyibo says no that they are equal. how can 2 captain be on a ship? if men are treating women unfairly, the right law to make shud not be extreme ones that will favor one party.

Western laws ensure equality and no one is treated unfairly. African laws are one sided and makes women to be like second class

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Cutehector(m): 11:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Taryur3:

I swear...the guy no go see his period if they finally marry.na d woman Go be d husband there.
grin na so one white babe woo me for facebook, her papa na chevron staff, infact this babe don promise me all the good stuff that life has got to offer, she even flew all d way to come see me in Nigeria, but me being Hector, said no. She's been arrested many times over there. She is even the kind of lady that will shoot you if u even lie sef not to talk of cheating...

Na so she carry herself go bak abroad disappointed. At least it was better that way.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
ianSweet:

Mtcheeew, makes no sense
Wow. Such a enlightened, compelling argument.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ayaside(m): 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2016
Dunno what to say... I got a friend and she happens to be the 3rd child of her father. First for her mum.oh!The dad has 15 kids...All different women.Welcome this the other side of US.Some ladies just wanna get someone in America no matter the consequence. There is always a price for being stupid willingly.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Taryur3(m): 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2016
Cutehector:
grin na so one white babe woo me for facebook, her papa na chevron staff, infact this babe don promise me all the good stuff that life has got to offer, she even flew all d way to come see me in Nigeria, but me being Hector, said no. She's been arrested many times over there. She is even the kind of lady that will shoot you if u even lie sef not to talk of cheating...
Which country exactly is she from?

Na so she carry herself go bak abroad disappointed. At least it was better that way.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Cutehector(m): 11:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
[quote author=Taryur3 post=50455939][/quote]USA na cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
SerRento:

But you refuse to mention the problems with the American marriage laws. What do you have to say about no-fault divorce and that campaigns are underway to abolish the policy? In the US, a woman can we up one morning and decide shes no longer happy with her husband and divorce him, and what's worse, he still gets to pay her monthly stipends and rent or mortage, whichever case applies. And the beauty of this is that this violation is sanctioned by government. What a civilised way of handling marital issues. The day a woman will try that rubbish here, her family will receive her corpse piece by piece.

By the way, speak for those women you know who are treated like slaves. Not everyone shares your sordid history.

You, sir, are definitely funnier than I am.

What is the difference between an American woman waking up one morning and decides she no longer loves her husband and wants to file for divorce and a Nigerian man not loving his wife anymore and throwing his wife into the streets with nowhere to go and no funds to live on? The only difference is the American is female and the Nigerian is male but both are doing the same thing. You just believe that bad behavior is justifiable for a man.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 12:00am On Oct 24, 2016
khiaa:

What is the difference between an American woman waking up one morning and decides she no longer loves her husband and wants to file for divorce and a Nigerian man not loving his wife anymore and throwing his wife into the streets with nowhere to go and no funds to live on? The only difference is the American is female and the Nigerian is male but both are doing the same thing. You just believe that bad behavior is justifiable for a man.

kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ogbonti: 12:03am On Oct 24, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Typical of you to assume your meagre income can take care of me

I didn't create this thread to exchange words so I'd let this go

Bela, I dont need to blow my trumpet, I am self made and an accomplished professional. I didnt make it over night, I struggled and toiled for so many years to pay my way thru school and other things, so not everyone overseas is living a mediocre life. I am not surprised at your penchant for insulting peoples jobs or income because, honestly, I do not think you have a job. You most likely are freeloading on someone else's generosity. Those who work and get paid so much, do not take pleasure in insulting other people's jobs or income. so you have exposed yourself as an ignorant narcissist.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 24, 2016
khiaa:

On the contrary, I believe that systems have their unique flaws. I do not support a man throwing out his wife, but when an Americana tries to talk down Nigeria by showing our flaws, I let him know his heavenly America have their own flaws too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Originalsly: 12:06am On Oct 24, 2016
I think Op is fair in her comments.....all sides share blame. But with men returning to marry.... it makes no sense if the guy intends to continue living abroad. If he dates a lady abroad...she is already exposed and he would have a better idea of what to expect of her when married. The virgin holier than everybody he returns to marry... he has no clue how she would react when abroad. I'm sure these are the ones that when settled in... misbehave to the max and file for divorce... the ones that in time give Nigerian women abroad a bad rap. .. that they are wicked. Coming back home to marry is a cat and mouse game..... predators and victims... predators vs predators... some would win many would lose.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 12:07am On Oct 24, 2016
ogbonti:

Bela, I dont need to blow my trumpet, I am self made and an accomplished professional. I didnt make it over night, I struggled and toiled for so many years to pay my way thru school and other things, so not everyone overseas is living a mediocre life. I am not surprised at your penchant to insult peoples jobs or income because, honestly, I do not think you have a job. You most likely are freeloading on someone else's generosity. Those who work and get paid so much, do not take pleasure in insulting other people's jobs or income. so you have exposed yourself as an ignorant narcissist.

I'd be so happy and apologise immediately if you can point out where I Insulted anyone or even their jobs

I just condemned a bad act and you decided to take it upon yourself to label me this and that but hey I don't care

I am not a freeloader never was and never will be I am not you typical African woman I was forged with fire and brimstone and my hustle no be here u de hear me so? I don't know the type of women you know but if your assumption of me Is anything to go by undecided I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by cindyrocks(f): 12:08am On Oct 24, 2016
Because they are afraid to face Mamabee.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 12:12am On Oct 24, 2016
bettercreature:
Most of them prefer to stay with someone rather using their hard currency to rent apartment,You may not be able to save money if you own an apartment.Only big guys own apartment abroad

Come on, you know that is not true, a person do not have to be loaded to have their own apartment and as far as the girls are concerned, they can have their own apartment and get a roomate to save on expenses so that she will be able to save money in her own savings account.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ogbonti: 12:13am On Oct 24, 2016
Talk2Bella:

I'd be so happy and apologise immediately if you can point out where I Insulted anyone or even their jobs

I just condemned a bad act and you decided to take it upon yourself to label me this and that but hey I don't care

I am not a freeloader never was and never will be I am not you typical African woman I was forged with fire and brimstone and my hustle no be here u de hear me so? I don't know the type of women you know but if your assumption of me Is anything to go by undecided I rest my case

"thunder should faya"... u stopped, and then you continued... "i for say make thunder faya"..... that one no be insult abi? no be you record that video? i dont know about your igbo land, but in my place, when you suggest an insult verbally, you have already insulted that person. Anyways, I am done replying you, (I DONT GET PAYED REPLYING YOU). THIS IS ANOTHER REASON WE DONT BRING U NAIJA CHICS ABROAD, UNA SABI SABI TOO MUCH... U DEY NAIJA, U DON DEY TALK MAKE THUNDA FAYA PERSIN,, WHEN U GET HERE, U GO KUKUMA TAKE GUN FAYA PERSIN, BECAUSE THUNDA GO TOO DELAY TO FAYA ...may God deliver you from ignorance and bitterness against men living abroad, in Jesus name... Amen

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 12:16am On Oct 24, 2016
ogbonti:

"thunder should faya"... u stopped, and then you continued... i for say make thunder faya..... that one no be insult abi? no be you record that video?

So a suspended insult is an insult? undecided that was directed to no one in particular

I give up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady In Shambles, After Man Leaves Her With 70k Bill At A Restaurant (pics) / How Do I Leave A Single Mother Without Hurting Her? / Premarital Sex, The Cheapest Opportunity: A Case Study Of My Neighbor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.