Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? (55174 Views)

Married Men, Come And See. Photo!!! / Husband Helps Girlfriend Escape As Wife Unexpectedly Came Back Home / Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 24, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
IF you live here and have actually experienced us 1st hand I can't deny you may have run into some unsaviory trypes
~
BUT it does not give validation to
Yer brod and gross generalization undecided
~
[color=#ffc400]And judging from my short interaction with you
you are just a Ratchet as they are undecided that mouth,man
Lol does the word "most" count as generalization? girl you need to learn not to get emotional about everything. Bye.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2016
icedbeatz:
Lol does the word "most" count as generalization? girl you need to learn not to get emotional about everything. Bye.
it counts as broad ,fool .can you not see that I typed that 1st undecided
~
But you were so preoccupied displaying your innate idocy under this topic, I can see how you missed that

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Ugosample(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2016
golddust6000:
you are really out of point! No man will do such compared to what is happening in western world. Its in our african DNA that we have forgeven spirit. We are born to forgive. We believe for better for worse, abi dem no teach u that one for marriege counselling? Come rain come shine african women in african are the best in the world after far east easian. Bible says the man is the head of the family, not woman. Ask your self why do they have somany wayward kids in western world, due to broken home, 72% of westerners are divorcee! Bro i love my culture, with all the money in the world i wont commit myself getting married to so-called white or african born in the west.

You are the one out of point because you did not address the issue he raised.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by claremont(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2016
Cutehector:
Nigerian ladies out there would want to take advantage of the divorce entitlements. Since it favors the women over there.

Exactly!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Burgerlomo: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Bullsh****t

See most of them are using the advantage of the system which gave them a lot of opportunities over men, and it doesn't matter either you marry them from Naija or your place of abode, some will still use this motherfucker insane system against you
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
. IF you live here and have actually experienced us 1st hand I can't deny you may have run into some unsaviory trypes
~
BUT it does not give validation to
Yer brod and gross generalization
~
[color=#ffc400]And judging from my short interaction with you
you are just a Ratchet as they are that mouth,man.

it counts as broad ,fool .can you not see that I typed that 1st undecided
~
But you were so preoccupied displaying your innate idocyon under this topic I can see how you missed that
Just maybe if you had spelled the word correctly by typing "broad" instead of "brod" I would have understood you but you didn't in your "dumb rage and innate idiocy". What an example.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Toobigg: 8:14am On Oct 24, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm #soft work
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 24, 2016
icedbeatz:
Just maybe if you had spelled the word correctly by typing "broad" instead of "brod" I would have understood you but you didn't in your "innate idiocy". What an example.
I apologize, I know yer small mind couldn't make the necessary correction.
I typed it correctly that time though
I guess that's why you finally understood smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by golddust6000(m): 8:31am On Oct 24, 2016
icedbeatz:
So sorry bro, that was her ulterior motive since the beginning that's why prenuptial agreement is a safe heaven before any marriage, 18-20 years of leeching and living off another individual's grind depending on state? who said some women are not so evil ? a well calculated act, waited until she got her bargaining chip; a child!? well this isn't the first time.
Bro you have to work and develop a way of protecting your ming from the situation, she might/will use your child as a weapon against you emotionally too.
The hell men go through. It will be nice if you got some advice for fellas that are about avoiding such situation.
yeah, i have already let go, that was my past experience, never again will i go back to my vomit.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by golddust6000(m): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2016
Ugosample:

You are the one out of point because you did not address the issue he raised.
i do not need to address the issue bro, because it doesnt make sense at all to me.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Upright750: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2016
Because God told Abraham to go his home town And get married .. they are just keeping the word of God or God's advise ..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 24, 2016
Burgerlomo:

See most of them are using the advantage of the system which gave them a lot of opportunities over men, and it doesn't matter either you marry them from Naija or your place of abode, some will still use this motherfucker insane system against you
Now why won't guys run away from the idea of marriage? how can one embark on a journey that might strip you of all your years of hard and smart work? is surrogacy the way nowadays?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Ugosample(m): 8:40am On Oct 24, 2016
golddust6000:
i do not need to address the issue bro, because it doesnt nake sense at aag all to me.

The point he made is a big one tho.
I am Igbo, and I daresay that in Nigeria, very few tribes are more misogynist than Igbo men (well not all, but a good parentage of them, especially those who grew up at the root)

So I am not surprised that men like that can't cope with living with say, a German woman for example, because a little Bleep up and she will decimate you, not like the (some) Igbo ladies at home who will endure all sort of rubbish because of the fear of stigma and how they were brought up.

If you treat your woman right, and drop cave man mentality, the chances of your wife dropping you over here is significantly reduced.
period

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Ugosample(m): 8:41am On Oct 24, 2016
Upright750:
Because God told Abraham to go his home town And get married .. they are just keeping the word of God or God's advise ..

You must be an Igbo man.... grin

Na so nwanne
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by AKBliv010(m): 8:42am On Oct 24, 2016
Funny thing is they go back home to marry, bring the wife over to live overseas, their eye to tear ( they understand marriage laws and see how it favours women) for here then they start acting like a foreigner. There no escaping...it's the laws protecting them that make act that way. Give it to most naija women and they'll do the same.

Don't expect a woman to endure your nonsense for obodoyibo!

Can I get a gbam?!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by kinibigdeal(m): 8:48am On Oct 24, 2016
All am saying is, do you come back home to marry?
Lucasbalo:
I grew up not far from my wife in Chicago and like i said , your question doesn't apply to me since i am very happily married. I don't need any other woman in my life.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Ugosample(m): 8:49am On Oct 24, 2016
AKBliv010:
Funny thing is they go back home to marry, bring the wife over to live overseas, their eye to tear ( they understand marriage laws and see how it favours women) for here then they start acting like a foreigner. There no escaping...it's the laws protecting them that make act that way. Give it to most naija women and they'll do the same.

Can I get a gbam?!!!

You got that right bro...
Behave yourself, and you will not be taken to the cleaners, simple.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by SlimChay: 9:05am On Oct 24, 2016
jasmineee:
pls. who is interested in doing biz w me.
what type of business madam,i could be interested
pm me lets talk.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2016
uzoexcel:
'Common among the igbo people?' Kindly clarify ur statement madame..one who doesnt know u cud term u tribalistic undecided

I am also from the east
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2016
Cutehector:
so you stupidly copied the same comment to show your stupidity in my online presence by quoting me with this plagiarized shitt?

Wow you little earthworm? do you even know what plagiarized means? you are so retardedd its sad. Listen to me you runt if you ever insult me again i will find you, Dont think you are invisible! stick to wooing the cheap girls you pursue here with your fake public lil man-boy image and dont ever quote me again! i am not that guy, dont ever speak to me here again you imbec1le. focus on your so called thesis or whatever you claim you are doing in your MSC research.
I didnt speak to you nor do i care if you suddenly died of an aneurysm. Stick to playing online bf to the local babes here and dont walk in shoes too big for your underfed corpse to fill
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by golddust6000(m): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2016
Ugosample:

The point he made is a big one tho.
I am Igbo, and I daresay that in Nigeria, very few tribes are more misogynist than Igbo men (well not all, but a good parentage of them, especially those who grew up at the root)

So I am not surprised that men like that can't cope with living with say, a German woman for example, because a little Bleep up and she will decimate you, not like the (some) Igbo ladies at home who will endure all sort of rubbish because of the fear of stigma and how they were brought up.

If you treat your woman right, and drop cave man mentality, the chances of your wife dropping you over here is significantly reduced.
period
That is your own opinion. The reason why western men will remain slave to their women is because the law favors the women, i have seen a situation in germany where the man caught the woman red handed for cheating, by the end of the day, the man was force to leave the house and divide his wealth into two. I did not say nigerian woman are better, but i prefer them way better than western women any time any day.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by adefizzy(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2016
ogbonti:
this whole talk by bella is bulls. The gospel thruth is that the western world thrives on 2 things.... (1) pulling men down before women and (2) Mistrust.

1. pulling men down before women is UN-AFRICAN. Men are a little more valuable than robots, with their rights coming third behind women (First) Domesticated Animals (second) then Men (third) in that Order. If you dispute the pets having more rights than men in the Western world, go ask Michael Vicks of Philadelphia Eagles who was jailed for dog fighting

2. Mistrust, the USA for instance promotes mistrust due to overbearing capitalism. Every man is watching over his dollar and the easiest way to mess with your money is having an unvetted olosho[/i] coming to ruin your life because of relationships or marriage wahala.

The marriage laws in western world is overprotective of women hence most men are just into nacking [i]congos
and moving on. If i tell you the number of single "jaw dropping" beautiful women in my city, here in the USA, who have great jobs and living so well materially but no stable relationship or being married, you will scream until your throat dried up of saliva. Why ? because, Men dont want commitment .. wether white, black, asian or hispanic...

SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

I hope bela is listening? An African taking out of his natural environment (Africa) is like fish out of water ... most of us live well materially each day in the west, but we are in sorrow as we are not living the life we intend to live; life of morals of a nuclear family, with father, mother and kids being brought up with love and respect and strict discipline. Bela, don't crucify your African brothers. many are still in the immigration system. some come home with paroles or temporary entrance permits with conditions that are scary. They do not have permanent resident cards so, or Citizenship... so if they decide to wait until they get permanent resident card, they may clock 70 easily.

Another thing is most naija men are married to women they do not really love in the WEST... FACT!

So, when kpali issues make a man marry a woman and before kpali comes, the woman starts hatching kids on the ground, what do u expect the man to do? It is not like naija where u can tell the woman to get out of ur house, NAH... so the man starts to endure. he contemplates ending the whole thing, to go back home and marry his African Queen, who he really loves and feels happy being with... BUT, if the kpali level spoil and he is deported, where will he start his life from?? Will you not be among the ones gossiping him that he traveled abroad and was deported achieving nothing? I beg, lets call a spade a spade!

Do you know I have a family member who is 65, he came to the USA since age 25, he got married at 28 to an african american woman and they have 4 kids... eldest of the kids is 34, last born is 25, none of them have visited Nigeria and they do not hope to ever come. THINK ABOUT THE AGONY THIS MAN FACES EACH TIME HE VISITS NIGERIA.. he looks like a bachelor to members of his family in the village, he starts showing them pictures of his abroad family.... IF THAT IS YOUR RELATION, WILL YOU NOT ADVISE HIM TO GET A LADY PREGNANT AT HOME SO YOU CAN SEE HIS CHILD BEFORE HE DIES? it is easy to cast blame on western based African men living double lives .

so, before you talk rubbish about our men, make sure you have actually lived in our circumstances or situations. You think say to get paper na moi moi for jand? mot guys will love to come home, marry their childhood love and settle well abroad, but paper wahala 90% of the time is the yawa... watch AWILO song, le problem de papier... and u will understand. I REST MY CASE!

I love your reply, you gave the best response so far.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by degamemaster(m): 9:39am On Oct 24, 2016
I guess most of you commenting have lived or at least visited in any of these "abroad", you will agree with me that in most cases, Nigerian ladies are nothing to write home about in terms of character, finance and otherwise. Some just want to marry you and suck life out of you, after all her own family back home needs the money more than yours. So they will apply all applicable means to swindle you of your hard-earned money and kick you out because the laws protects them sometimes. Then trust my fellow African men to keep them in their rightful positions and return home to marry "chinyere" and "chidimma".
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Ugosample(m): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2016
golddust6000:
That is your own opinion. The reason why western men will remain slave to their women is because the law favors the women, i have seen a situation in germany where the man caught the woman red handed for cheating, by the end of the day, the man was force to leave the house and divide his wealth into two. I did not say nigerian woman are better, but i prefer them way better than western women any time any day.

Yea...
Things like that happen
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2016
AKBliv010:

Can I get a gbam?!!!
Gbam hahahahaha but not in all cases bro I know someone that went back to marry and their marriage have been awesome despite some misunderstanding. I think it has to do with a lady that truly loves you and that is also truly humane and not the Grammy award winning actresses that can manipulate the gullible fellas into thinking they're wonderful only to unveil the devil after marriage or first birth.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 24, 2016
sekem:

Naijabet man!

You now see why I told you gam bling is not good for you? grin

Lol. See this man. Buharinomics no reach your side? grin. Abeg, if you get work wey I fit do holla me one time make I come resume.grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 24, 2016
1stCitizen:

Nigerian girls! shocked Christ deliver us. Who are those thinking of such mission? When out of every 5 girls, 4 are oloshos.

Bros, which kain wicked statistics be dis? grin. No hope be at na.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Mcowubaba: 10:25am On Oct 24, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Then narrow your argument. Yes I watched the video and that lady is far too clueless for 2016
Oga leave the clueless girl...
Doubt she has ever lived or visited the west.
Just to come and rant unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by kelechi17(m): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2016
theripper3:
Wetin typical Naija man wan usr all these abroad girls do?

The Latinos chicks can talk you to death, body to die for but no brains with half his brothers in one gang or the other.

The black American chicks are just good for nothing but straffing , dem no even get plan for their own life sef , na make dem dey chop man money onto child support .

White woman fit wake up kill you cuz she dey depressed.

Naija girls dem born there na still same with akata chicks too since na same environment dem grow.

Our naija babes get crase too but dem dey try for marriage matter based on teachings, experiences from motherland and even upbringing so they are least try make their marriages work

The other categories na just waste of time except you wan die young as a man sha. Goodluck
hmmm bro is it really like dat ...I've alwz been attracted to whites since I was young are they all bad.. don't we have d ones who are Christians and have some good upbringing
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Bollinger(m): 10:37am On Oct 24, 2016
SerRento:

But you refuse to mention the problems with the American marriage laws. What do you have to say about no-fault divorce and that campaigns are underway to abolish the policy? In the US, a woman can we up one morning and decide shes no longer happy with her husband and divorce him, and what's worse, he still gets to pay her monthly stipends and rent or mortage, whichever case applies. And the beauty of this is that this violation is sanctioned by government. What a civilised way of handling marital issues. The day a woman will try that rubbish here, her family will receive her corpse piece by piece.

By the way, speak for those women you know who are treated like slaves. Not everyone shares your sordid history.

You, sir, are definitely funnier than I am.

Sordid history? I've been married for almost too decades. You know why? Because i treat my spouse like a human being. When you deny the obvious, you are only perpetuating your ignorance. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by osazekid(m): 10:39am On Oct 24, 2016
Eliminate Stretch marks on your skin with pasJel, check it out here, you'll be amazed
/9qTwks

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by redsun(m): 10:45am On Oct 24, 2016
That is why some of them end up massacring the women,especially the ones in America, for mundane reasons. They marry women that are not in the same frequency with them, coming from a society where women are chronically relegated and as soon as the women catches up and sees how the world works,that they can do it for themselves,the antagonism set in.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding / Lady In Shambles, After Man Leaves Her With 70k Bill At A Restaurant (pics) / How Do I Leave A Single Mother Without Hurting Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.