Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,923 members, 7,814,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? (55187 Views)

Married Men, Come And See. Photo!!! / Husband Helps Girlfriend Escape As Wife Unexpectedly Came Back Home / Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Malakh: 12:16am On Oct 24, 2016
you welcome
khiaa:

I am American and I truly thank you for your wise decision, you are doing American women a great justice.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 12:17am On Oct 24, 2016
Jay542:
Cos they went there to hustle

Ok, you make sense.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Originalsly: 12:17am On Oct 24, 2016
ianSweet:

Western laws ensure equality and no one is treated unfairly. African laws are one sided and makes women to be like second class
You don't know what you are talking about... you don't even follow abroad news...or you would never be making such a statememt.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 12:22am On Oct 24, 2016
ogbonti:
this whole talk by bella is bulls. The gospel thruth is that the western world thrives on 2 things.... (1) pulling men down before women and (2) Mistrust.

1. pulling men down before women is UN-AFRICAN. Men are a little more valuable than robots, with their rights coming third behind women (First) Domesticated Animals (second) then Men (third) in that Order. If you dispute the pets having more rights than men in the Western world, go ask Michael Vicks of Philadelphia Eagles who was jailed for dog fighting

2. Mistrust, the USA for instance promotes mistrust due to overbearing capitalism. Every man is watching over his dollar and the easiest way to mess with your money is having an unvetted olosho[/i] coming to ruin your life because of relationships or marriage wahala.

The marriage laws in western world is overprotective of women hence most men are just into nacking [i]congos
and moving on. If i tell you the number of single "jaw dropping" beautiful women in my city, here in the USA, who have great jobs and living so well materially but no stable relationship or being married, you will scream until your throat dried up of saliva. Why ? because, Men dont want commitment .. wether white, black, asian or hispanic...

SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

I hope bela is listening? An African taking out of his natural environment (Africa) is like fish out of water ... most of us live well materially each day in the west, but we are in sorrow as we are not living the life we intend to live; life of morals of a nuclear family, with father, mother and kids being brought up with love and respect and strict discipline. Bela, don't crucify your African brothers. many are still in the immigration system. some come home with paroles or temporary entrance permits with conditions that are scary. They do not have permanent resident cards so, or Citizenship... so if they decide to wait until they get permanent resident card, they may clock 70 easily.

Another thing is most naija men are married to women they do not really love in the WEST... FACT!

So, when kpali issues make a man marry a woman and before kpali comes, the woman starts hatching kids on the ground, what do u expect the man to do? It is not like naija where u can tell the woman to get out of ur house, NAH... so the man starts to endure. he contemplates ending the whole thing, to go back home and marry his African Queen, who he really loves and feels happy being with... BUT, if the kpali level spoil and he is deported, where will he start his life from?? Will you not be among the ones gossiping him that he traveled abroad and was deported achieving nothing? I beg, lets call a spade a spade!

Do you know I have a family member who is 65, he came to the USA since age 25, he got married at 28 to an african american woman and they have 4 kids... eldest of the kids is 34, last born is 25, none of them have visited Nigeria and they do not hope to ever come. THINK ABOUT THE AGONY THIS MAN FACES EACH TIME HE VISITS NIGERIA.. he looks like a bachelor to members of his family in the village, he starts showing them pictures of his abroad family.... IF THAT IS YOUR RELATION, WILL YOU NOT ADVISE HIM TO GET A LADY PREGNANT AT HOME SO YOU CAN SEE HIS CHILD BEFORE HE DIES? it is easy to cast blame on western based African men living double lives .

so, before you talk rubbish about our men, make sure you have actually lived in our circumstances or situations. You think say to get paper na moi moi for jand? mot guys will love to come home, marry their childhood love and settle well abroad, but paper wahala 90% of the time is the yawa... watch AWILO song, le problem de papier... and u will understand. I REST MY CASE!

I didn't read all of this but lmao at domesticated animals being before men. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by watchindelta(m): 12:24am On Oct 24, 2016
To marry dey fear!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Originalsly: 12:24am On Oct 24, 2016
Talk2Bella:

I am not a freeloader never was and never will be I am not you typical African woman I was forged with fire and brimstone
Hmmmm..... interesting comment..... very interesting.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by trilobite: 12:24am On Oct 24, 2016
theripper3:
Wetin typical Naija man wan usr all these abroad girls do?

The Latinos chicks can talk you to death, body to die for but no brains with half his brothers in one gang or the other.

The black American chicks are just good for nothing but straffing , dem no even get plan for their own life sef , na make dem dey chop man money onto child support .

White woman fit wake up kill you cuz she dey depressed.

Naija girls dem born there na still same with akata chicks too since na same environment dem grow.

Our naija babes get crase too but dem dey try for marriage matter based on teachings, experiences from motherland and even upbringing so they are least try make their marriages work

The other categories na just waste of time except you wan die young as a man sha. Goodluck

grin. Saved!! See experience!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by macminista(m): 12:24am On Oct 24, 2016
Bella have u lived outside naija? specifically the US?? If no then don't go about saying what u have no first hand experience or facts about. Love transcends race, social status, nationality or ethnicity. Yes it's only a minute few re guilty of certain things you mentioned as per getting " situated"but majority arent.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 12:28am On Oct 24, 2016
FreeWorld23:
travel abroad and see why. Who wants to marry a bitchh who bleeps for cash ?

You can't be serious, are you telling me that Nigeria do not have (whores) women who have sexx for cash?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 12:34am On Oct 24, 2016
onelife97:
@op......according to my own personal experience,women are the same...The Good and the bad ones.
I am married with Oyinbo woman in the EU.Of course I have my own PMA as well but I have always been a good husband until she started showing me some bad colours after the delivery of our lil boy....It Got me to the extent of me thinkin of suicide..
Then I thought maybe I should start looking for an African woman most especially Nigerian woman to be precise from my ethnic group.Mind u I didn't 't really care about what part of Nigeria she might come from.Until last year that I went to Nigeria and met few ladies but I only chose one as I am not ready for any trial.
To cut the long story short the Nigerian ladies that I have met are not quite better than the white ladies here...The only different is just the language and culture.
Maybe I ve been unlucky in finding a virtuous woman but my story is the same with many successful young guys I know back in 9ja.The only thing many 9ja girls think they have to offer is round mid-back and the front deep shop.
So maybe this might be one of the reasons our guys also see them as baby factory because that is all the ladies tend to offer.
Maybe if I ll be fortunate enough to meet a fine 9ja babe around Eastern Europe or anywhere around here,maybe I ll consider it.But until then,I remain a living alone married man..
I Don't blame anyone for their choice in marriage or for family.If u haven't walked in their shoes u might never know the reason behind their action.

Stop blaming the women because you are the source of your own problems. You CONTINUE to make BAD choices.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 12:38am On Oct 24, 2016
awakeuche:
When these so called cultureless hoe's can get everything you own just like that, why wont Nigerian men run away from them..... My bro always tells me how loud and weird some black women can be for no reason, Nigerian women are ok but he says the jamaicans are something else.

Your brother said!! Do you know this through your own experiences? Your post is nothing more than he said she said gossip,

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 12:39am On Oct 24, 2016
ochuciano:

hahahahahahaha. by testing na

How can a woman test a man to know if he is a virgin?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 24, 2016
what we men want is to marry a woman of our mother's caliber ,i am sorry but the truth is those days are long gone

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by awakeuche(m): 12:47am On Oct 24, 2016
khiaa:

Your brother said!! Do you know this through your own experiences? Your post is nothing more than he said she said gossip,
thank you for that astute deduction
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by lexyril: 12:57am On Oct 24, 2016
Firstly I will say you should go and get a visa to come abroad and maybe you will be able to answer the question urself. Our Nigerian ladies here are even worst than the oyinbos especially those they marry from 9ja and bring them here. Marriage is only by the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 12:59am On Oct 24, 2016
SerRento:

On the contrary, I believe that systems have their unique flaws. I do not support a man throwing out his wife, but when an Americana tries to talk down Nigeria by showing our flaws, I let him know his heavenly America have their own flaws too.

Well, when a Nigerian trys to talk down America by pointing out our flaws, I too like to shut him down by pointing out their heavenly Nigeria's faults, so we understand each other. As one of your brothers like to post "no offence".
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:04am On Oct 24, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Let me ask Lucasbalo
Young man, that doesn't apply to me. Been married to my wife for over 20 years and I am still happily married. Next question.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 1:11am On Oct 24, 2016
awakeuche:
thank you for that astute deduction

You are welcome!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Originalsly: 1:14am On Oct 24, 2016
Talk2Bella:

It's either you didn't read the whole content or didn't watch the video

I have no problem with the genuine ones I don't

I have a problem with the ones who abandon their wives and children here and barely come back home
You shouldn't jump to conclusion.... because the husband hasn't returned in 2/4 years doesn't mean that he abandoned his wife and kids or doesn't love or care for them. Do you consider his circumstances abroad may be preventing him from returning ? Many men are trapped in a vicious circle abroad.... they would not say... hustling 24/7 to maintain.. .. cannot travel or cannot afford to travel.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Taryur3(m): 1:23am On Oct 24, 2016
ogbonti:

Bela, I dont need to blow my trumpet, I am self made and an accomplished professional. I didnt make it over night, I struggled and toiled for so many years to pay my way thru school and other things, so not everyone overseas is living a mediocre life. I am not surprised at your penchant for insulting peoples jobs or income because, honestly, I do not think you have a job. You most likely are freeloading on someone else's generosity. Those who work and get paid so much, do not take pleasure in insulting other people's jobs or income. so you have exposed yourself as an ignorant narcissist.
I agreed with you.that girl seems to be jobless...she seems to be an attention seeker...Men are open to thier choice to marry anyone that suite them.it shouldnt be her own headache to criticise. Nonsense post

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by linearity: 1:55am On Oct 24, 2016
see jamb question, I agbe make I go look for the expose b4 I comment.

wait first, you fit help me answer one small question? Okay, thanks....why do some Nigeria ladies dey busy body inside another person wahala, to the point of making a video about it?

Na the person wey wear shoe, na him know wey the thing dey pain am, it is not my place to go dey drink panadol for their pains and I wouldn't care a bit unless their actions are illegal...even at that, no bi my wahala, make dey carry go, anywhere belle face.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 1:56am On Oct 24, 2016
wink Because we are cuteeeeeeewink Naija babe no dey carry last! dem must come back to fetch us out. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by AreaFada2: 2:17am On Oct 24, 2016
Talk2Bella:

What about our Nigerian sisters there? Are they not marriageable? Why do they come back marry and don't come back for years?

You are generalising. I do not know where you live but if in 9ja, maybe you should visit abroad first and truly inquire and observe how things work.

On the average, a lot more African men travel abroad than women. So the pool of women to marry from is already small. Plus, if you were used to dating a certain kind of girl (beauty, intellect, carriage, whatever) the small pool might not provide that. Even though lots of those women still struggle to find a man abroad.

To obtain stay permits, lots of guys marry oyinbo and a smaller number marry for love.
Whether for love or paper, the divorce rate is still high. It is even high among oyinbo themselves too, so the African guy is not necessarily to blame alone.

Now after divorce and yet no kids or seeing the kids is made hard by oyinbo ex-wife, would men want to potentially go through it again with another oyinbo?

Also remember, over 90% of men remain very African at heart and dream of bringing their kids home one day. And of course bring them up to be as African as possible. Clearly a lady who shares a similar culture is far better for that. We grew up with many mixed race kids in 9ja those days. Their dads were 9ja men who studied abroad and returned with oyinbo wives & kids. Most were lecturers, profs, medics, etc. How many oyinbo women return home with their 9ja husbands these days?

As for marrying at home and then not coming back, who does that? I know that only happens if marriage was done in absentia and the guy abroad has no papers yet. Or papers application submitted to authorities have become unduly delayed, up to many years can happen in some countries. I cannot imagine a guy with a wife in 9ja, has a job and is not ill and yet refuse to visit 9ja. From your observation, what percentage of men married to 9ja based women do that? Or you just echo what people say?
At the end, living abroad is not easy.

A large number remain abroad because things are rather unstable in 9ja. Many wanted to just study & return home but have remained abroad. You cannot judge a situation you have never experienced correctly & fairly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Taryur3(m): 2:23am On Oct 24, 2016
Cutehector:
USA na cool
Eeya...pele
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by khiaa(f): 2:29am On Oct 24, 2016
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by InvertedHammer: 2:33am On Oct 24, 2016
/
I think it is because there are many varieties of women they can choose from in Nigeria than abroad. Some folks are also limited by their location. It will be sad to marry a lady because she is the only one available.
\

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 24, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Bella I'm speaking from experience so i know what I'm talking about undecided.....Ive met a lot of Nigerian girls over there and their attitude stink like rotten fish, thats why i would rather hangout with white girls than black girls undecided
What the Heck ,Quinn undecided
You are Black
the women you chat with here are Black
I am Black American
are we all not proof their are cool Black chicks
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by bukitt: 2:50am On Oct 24, 2016
grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 24, 2016
mem88:
wink Because we are cuteeeeeeewink
Naija babe no dey carry last! dem must come back to fetch us out. grin

Haha grin THIS must be the reason

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 2:56am On Oct 24, 2016
Taryur3:

Eeya...pele
That guy is such a liar grin
he been telling that story forever
and while I believe he meet that girl,I don't think it was exactly as he says .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 3:06am On Oct 24, 2016
FvckShiT:
Cos they fūcking wanna angry
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady In Shambles, After Man Leaves Her With 70k Bill At A Restaurant (pics) / How Do I Leave A Single Mother Without Hurting Her? / Premarital Sex, The Cheapest Opportunity: A Case Study Of My Neighbor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.