Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? (55191 Views)

Married Men, Come And See. Photo!!! / Husband Helps Girlfriend Escape As Wife Unexpectedly Came Back Home / Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by AKBliv010(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2016
icedbeatz:
Gbam hahahahaha but not in all cases bro I know someone that went back to marry and their marriage have been awesome despite some misunderstanding. I think it has to do with a lady that truly loves you and that is also truly humane and not the Grammy award winning actresses that can manipulate the gullible fellas into thinking they're wonderful only to unveil the devil after marriage or first birth.

It's to do with both man and woman. Anyone pushed to the wall will fight back man or woman. Take the piss and get ready for the consequences. There are no laws in Nigeria that protect women like they exist in U.K./US...and if there are, they aren't enforced.

Men go hear am pass for 9ja if they exist and enforced properly because we walk around with our cave man mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by davidif: 11:14am On Oct 24, 2016
Talk2Bella:
This is something I’d like to understand, are there no good Nigerian women abroad? Most Nigerian men always want to come home to marry, sometimes virgins, they tell their parents to get them wives.

They say most women abroad are just good for citizenship papers, work permit, where to stay, do they even realize they hurt these women in the process? Using them like that and running back home to get married.

THUNDER FIRE THEM{THE ONE’S WHO USE WOMEN}

I see our men, asking for Nigerian wives, having fiancée back abroad; they come home to do secret weddings, impregnate their wives here and run back to their abroad lovers, what the hell is wrong with this generation?

We need to stop this form of fraud, and slavery, people aren’t toys to be used and discarded, and the funny thing is we don’t do it to white women alone, we do it to our own African sisters, we say once they get there they change, they don’t want to come back home, they report to the police when we hit them, they lie to get the house and child support, so we want someone who would listen to us and obey our every word and then they rush back home to marry one innocent girl they want to frustrate.

I am not against genuine men who want to come home to marry MBANU, I love LOVE, but when I see a man who thinks my African sisters are baby making machines, who they want to come home and impregnate every time, who they want to use as a tool to carry on their linage then I get angry, I get angry because they see us as a commodity, I get angry because they see us as a means to an end, I get angry because love isn’t an equator in this arrangement.

I wouldn’t blame all the men either, our women have become cheap cormorants over the years, searching the air like birds, sniffing a whiff of an abroad returnee who they want to perch on, leech on, suck and bleed dry, our women have seen these NDIOYIBOS as a means to an end, all they want to do is sit down at home, he opens up a business for them, and when he comes back they open their legs like a compass and be dutiful, the womb is ready to be filled for the next nine months.

We have become sardines, cornered into a space, waiting for the biggest to be picked, and then we jeer our peers, tell them oga de for obodo oyibo, sometimes we don’t care what our abroad husbands does for a living, we just want to sit back home, enjoy his money and sometimes Bleep the ones we love while he’s away.

There are good women abroad, and this habit I am sorry to say is common among the Igbo people of Nigeria, they go abroad and hustle and want to invest back home, i have no problem with this, but who will now marry that girl you have been deceiving there? Who will heal the heart of that white woman you have been deceiving.

These white women sef, you have used your heads to carry wahala, you agreed for an arrangee wedding and then you go fall in love, how low has your esteem fallen? Why do you want to make our African men worth nothing, you have frustrated them to the extent they see you as a thing to be used and discarded, when and how did you become scums that a black man will ride and plough you until he gets tired, haba na, oyibo pepper ogini, give our men peace so they can value you, not every small thing you will call police for them and everything he has saved all his life will be yours, please I am begging this needs to stop, don’t be the tool that will be used to unscrew the nut holding you heart.

Umu woke anyi, biko, gbaraa these white women, they have suffered, pity our African sisters, they have suffered to, anywhere you see love please settle down, love doesn’t come with a manual, it doesn’t base its foundation on ethnicity, religion, color or country, its pure like water and flows effortlessly like a calm stream, don’t in your search for something better end up with a viper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=937So_VluXQ

Isabella Ibeji

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/10/why-do-nigerian-men-come-back-home-to.html

Short answer: because they can.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by mikolo80: 11:35am On Oct 24, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
it counts as broad ,fool .can you not see that I typed that 1st undecided
~
But you were so preoccupied displaying your innate idocy under this topic, I can see how you missed that
you call him a fool yet you want him to believe you're not all ratchet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2016
mikolo80:
you call him a fool yet you want him to believe you're not all ratchet
and he called us b!tches,now what does that make him? undecided
Yer logic....it's off

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Burgerlomo: 11:43am On Oct 24, 2016
icedbeatz:
Now why won't guys run away from the idea of marriage? how can one embark on a journey that might strip you of all your years of hard and smart work? is surrogacy the way nowadays?

It's very pathetic, though not all of them are like that there is still some among them that are good, one just need to pray to God to provide him with his bone of bone or how do they say it, going to your village to marry and bring the person abroad doesn't give you a guarantee that the person is not going to f**k up, as a matter of fact they're the worst.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by mikolo80: 11:46am On Oct 24, 2016
AKBliv010:

It's to do with both man and woman. Anyone pushed to the wall will fight back man or woman. Take the piss and get ready for the consequences. There are no laws in Nigeria that protect women like they exist in U.K./US...and if there are, they aren't enforced.

Men go hear am pass for 9ja if they exist and enforced properly because we walk around with our cave man mentality.
how we go hiaram
No be woman de complain so
Mgtow o guy Mgtow
Na dem go still de find husband upandan
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Taryur3(m): 11:47am On Oct 24, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
You asked me my city Fort Worth.
~
You 9ja abroad?
grin tell me ,will you go home 2 marry?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by mikolo80: 11:47am On Oct 24, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
and he called us b!tches,now what does that make him? undecided
Yer logic....it's off
he didn't call you a beach.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Taryur3(m): 11:48am On Oct 24, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
You asked me my city Fort Worth.
~
You 9ja abroad?
grin tell me ,will you go home 2 marry?
Yes, I asked of your city...let me pm you for the rest.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 24, 2016
icedbeatz:
I understand you're trying to defend your "kind", I never opined that all black females are " ain't shi+ bi+che's" because not all are but most of them are and they have this nauseating pride that goes with it and knows nothing about shame.
The word I used is "most" and you couldn't debate that most AA females ain't sh!+ because its a fact so you went for the "I can only experience "them" ( AA b*tches) only through the screen hahahaha hahahaha, well is all good.
#FactsAreFacts
He called US b!tches and made some VERY ignorant assertions.
~~
Now AGIAN I ask you ,what does that make him? undecided
Ignorant/a fool, whichever word you prefer

mikolo80:
he didn't call you a beach.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Burgerlomo: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2016
icedbeatz:
Now why won't guys run away from the idea of marriage? how can one embark on a journey that might strip you of all your years of hard and smart work? is surrogacy the way nowadays?

My advice to anybody in that situation is just to leave everything for God and allow her conscience to judge her instead of doing something stupid because the Bible says though shall not kill
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by jasmineee(f): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2016
most young ladies in America or Western countries are not homely or well cultured like the women in nigeria. add me on bbm to chat D1B4AB44
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
Taryur3:

Yes, I asked of your city...let me pm you for the rest.
but that's not fair
Why can't you answer the thread
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by davidif: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
Talk2Bella:
This is something I’d like to understand, are there no good Nigerian women abroad? Most Nigerian men always want to come home to marry, sometimes virgins, they tell their parents to get them wives.

They say most women abroad are just good for citizenship papers, work permit, where to stay, do they even realize they hurt these women in the process? Using them like that and running back home to get married.

THUNDER FIRE THEM{THE ONE’S WHO USE WOMEN}

I see our men, asking for Nigerian wives, having fiancée back abroad; they come home to do secret weddings, impregnate their wives here and run back to their abroad lovers, what the hell is wrong with this generation?

We need to stop this form of fraud, and slavery, people aren’t toys to be used and discarded, and the funny thing is we don’t do it to white women alone, we do it to our own African sisters, we say once they get there they change, they don’t want to come back home, they report to the police when we hit them, they lie to get the house and child support, so we want someone who would listen to us and obey our every word and then they rush back home to marry one innocent girl they want to frustrate.

I am not against genuine men who want to come home to marry MBANU, I love LOVE, but when I see a man who thinks my African sisters are baby making machines, who they want to come home and impregnate every time, who they want to use as a tool to carry on their linage then I get angry, I get angry because they see us as a commodity, I get angry because they see us as a means to an end, I get angry because love isn’t an equator in this arrangement.

I wouldn’t blame all the men either, our women have become cheap cormorants over the years, searching the air like birds, sniffing a whiff of an abroad returnee who they want to perch on, leech on, suck and bleed dry, our women have seen these NDIOYIBOS as a means to an end, all they want to do is sit down at home, he opens up a business for them, and when he comes back they open their legs like a compass and be dutiful, the womb is ready to be filled for the next nine months.

We have become sardines, cornered into a space, waiting for the biggest to be picked, and then we jeer our peers, tell them oga de for obodo oyibo, sometimes we don’t care what our abroad husbands does for a living, we just want to sit back home, enjoy his money and sometimes Bleep the ones we love while he’s away.

There are good women abroad, and this habit I am sorry to say is common among the Igbo people of Nigeria, they go abroad and hustle and want to invest back home, i have no problem with this, but who will now marry that girl you have been deceiving there? Who will heal the heart of that white woman you have been deceiving.

These white women sef, you have used your heads to carry wahala, you agreed for an arrangee wedding and then you go fall in love, how low has your esteem fallen? Why do you want to make our African men worth nothing, you have frustrated them to the extent they see you as a thing to be used and discarded, when and how did you become scums that a black man will ride and plough you until he gets tired, haba na, oyibo pepper ogini, give our men peace so they can value you, not every small thing you will call police for them and everything he has saved all his life will be yours, please I am begging this needs to stop, don’t be the tool that will be used to unscrew the nut holding you heart.

Umu woke anyi, biko, gbaraa these white women, they have suffered, pity our African sisters, they have suffered to, anywhere you see love please settle down, love doesn’t come with a manual, it doesn’t base its foundation on ethnicity, religion, color or country, its pure like water and flows effortlessly like a calm stream, don’t in your search for something better end up with a viper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=937So_VluXQ

Isabella Ibeji

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/10/why-do-nigerian-men-come-back-home-to.html

That picture is hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin

On a serious note, what's wrong with people getting married to someone of the same culture?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by SlimChay: 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
jasmineee:
most young ladies in America or Western countries are not homely or well cultured like the women in nigeria. add me on bbm to chat D1B4AB44
dear i'm not on bbm,lets do whatsapp instead..i'll send you a pm.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Taryur3(m): 12:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
but that's not fair
Why can't you answer the thread
I based here...the rest u asked of is my private info that is shouldn't be discussed here.reply my pm if you care
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
Marry who you fancy, i say! tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
Bollinger:

Sordid history? I've been married for almost too decades. You know why? Because i treat my spouse like a human being. When you deny the obvious, you are only perpetuating your ignorance. Smh.

So,
1.you're the only Nigerian who treats his wife like a human being?
2. Anyone who is divorced is so because they don't treat their spouses like human beings?
3. You wouldn't be treating your spouse like a human being if you were in Nigeria?
4. What is denial of the obvious in my first post that you quoted? Isn't that the reason most Nigerian men come to pick a wife in Nigeria?
5. Isn't that obvious enough to you?
6. Is everyone who treats their spouse less than a human being in the US divorced?

Try to present your points with logic.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Talk2Bella(f): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
davidif:

That picture is hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin

On a serious note, what's wrong with people getting married to someone of the same culture?

Nothing so long it's genuine that's my point
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by FarmTech(m): 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
lestat:

Rubbish! a typical Nigerian hearsay beer palour comment!!! the only reason a Nigerian man comes home to impregnate a woman here is the same reason some men cheat or even sleep with other women outside their marriage!!! who wont take a free pass when he sees it? Nigerian women always jump over you when they know you just traveled into Nigeria, and along the way the dummy gets preggy? what do you do? you make her all sorts of promises that you will marry her, take her abroad , nlah blah blah, all so her broke arse doesn't bug your foreign cell phone with calls. And the dummy believes that you would actually leave your home in a first world country to marry a back water uncivilized liability? all because she is from Nigeria? hahhahahahhahahahahah
So does that answer your question?

justifying evil isn't the way forward. man was not created to act like a he-goat. imorality of any sort shud be condemn - whether it comes from a man or a woman. and also beware that a day of judgement is coming. so u can't just do all sort of evil and think I'll get away with. as for the ladies who will engage in s e x b4 marriage get ready for the consequences. don't blame the man but blame itself for such foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Bollinger(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
SerRento:

So,
1.you're the only Nigerian who treats his wife like a human being?
2. Anyone who is divorced is so because they don't treat their spouses like human beings?
3. You wouldn't be treating your spouse like a human being if you were in Nigeria?
4. What is denial of the obvious in my first post that you quoted? Isn't that the reason most Nigerian men come to pick a wife in Nigeria?
5. Isn't that obvious enough to you?
6. Is everyone who treats their spouse less than a human being in the US divorced?

Try to present your points with logic.

You are rambling as usual. You have not denied that the divorce laws in Nigeria are skewered in favor of men. You have not denied that the economic realities is the main reason women are scared to divorce their husbands in Nigeria. You have not denied that a man can wake up one morning and chase his wife out of their home with zero consequences. Even your president has pretty much summed up the attitude of men as regards their perception of women in Nigeria. Again, denying the obvious only perpetuates your ignorance. I wonder how you people think?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
Bollinger:

You are rambling as usual. You have not denied that the divorce laws in Nigeria are skewered in favor of men. You have not denied that the economic realities is the main reason women are scared to divorce their husbands in Nigeria. You have not denied that a man can wake up one morning and chase his wife out of their home with zero consequences. Even your president has pretty much summed up the attitude of men as regards their perception of women in Nigeria. Again, denying the obvious only perpetuates your ignorance. I wonder how you people think?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Bollinger:

Lol. Look, we can do this back and forth till
eternity. The divorce laws in Nigeria favour the man, the divorce laws in the US favour the woman; both laws are skewed towards a gender.

You have not denied that men in the US would be ecstatic if the divorce laws in America were balanced. Unless, you're saying the divorce laws in the US are infallible and should, thus, be applied in Nigeria.

You have not denied that women wake up and decide to divorce their husbands without consideration for his welfare. The women in Nigeria do not divorce for economic reasons, the women in the US divorce for economic reasons. In short, women love money. Read up on the drop in marriage rates in China after divorce laws were changed to not favour the woman.

Women have little incentive to work when all their needs are met. You can also read up on that. Women would choose the kitchen over other spheres of life if they had to choose.

I do not need to wonder how you think, I know already. You really don't think, you just regurgitate liberal talking points. If you want to see the end point of your western feminism and femcentrism, the Scandinavian axis there for you to study. There is nothing groundbreaking about your worldview, women in Finland and Sweden have been where your women wish to get to and they have discarded the bullshiit. Wake up and stop feeling like you're the only educated, civilised person on nairaland.

The reason why you refuse to see my point of view is because you think yours is infallible. Travel more and see the world for what it is. Don't just sir down in your hut and let identity politics define your worldview for you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
FarmTech:

justifying evil isn't the way forward. man was not created to act like a he-goat. imorality of any sort shud be condemn - whether it comes from a man or a woman. and also beware that a day of judgement is coming. so u can't just do all sort of evil and think I'll get away with. as for the ladies who will engage in s e x b4 marriage get ready for the consequences. don't blame the man but blame itself for such foolishness.

Agreed your comment is spot on
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by davidif: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Nothing so long it's genuine that's my point

I agree with you on that.

Some guys just want to marry someone who shares the same values that they have. Trust me, its hard to date someone you don't have even have the same common denominator with. My sister its a good thing to be married to someone that you share the same world view with: someone who understands you and how you see things and someone you can talk to about anything.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by ogbonti: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
this whole talk by bella is bulls. The gospel thruth is that the western world thrives on 2 things.... (1) pulling men down before women and (2) Mistrust.

1. pulling men down before women is UN-AFRICAN. Men are a little more valuable than robots, with their rights coming third behind women (First) Domesticated Animals (second) then Men (third) in that Order. If you dispute the pets having more rights than men in the Western world, go ask Michael Vicks of Philadelphia Eagles who was jailed for dog fighting

2. Mistrust, the USA for instance promotes mistrust due to overbearing capitalism. Every man is watching over his dollar and the easiest way to mess with your money is having an unvetted olosho[/i] coming to ruin your life because of relationships or marriage wahala.

The marriage laws in western world is overprotective of women hence most men are just into nacking [i]congos and moving on. If i tell you the number of single "jaw dropping" beautiful women in my city, here in the USA, who have great jobs and living so well materially but no stable relationship or being married, you will scream until your throat dried up of saliva. Why ? because, Men dont want commitment .. wether white, black, asian or hispanic...

SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

I hope bela is listening? An African taking out of his natural environment (Africa) is like fish out of water ... most of us live well materially each day in the west, but we are in sorrow as we are not living the life we intend to live; life of morals of a nuclear family, with father, mother and kids being brought up with love and respect and strict discipline. Bela, don't crucify your African brothers. many are still in the immigration system. some come home with paroles or temporary entrance permits with conditions that are scary. They do not have permanent resident cards so, or Citizenship... so if they decide to wait until they get permanent resident card, they may clock 70 easily.

Another thing is most naija men are married to women they do not really love in the WEST... FACT!

So, when kpali issues make a man marry a woman and before kpali comes, the woman starts hatching kids on the ground, what do u expect the man to do? It is not like naija where u can tell the woman to get out of ur house, NAH... so the man starts to endure. he contemplates ending the whole thing, to go back home and marry his African Queen, who he really loves and feels happy being with... BUT, if the kpali level spoil and he is deported, where will he start his life from?? Will you not be among the ones gossiping him that he traveled abroad and was deported achieving nothing? I beg, lets call a spade a spade!

Do you know I have a family member who is 65, he came to the USA since age 25, he got married at 28 to an african american woman and they have 4 kids... eldest of the kids is 34, last born is 25, none of them have visited Nigeria and they do not hope to ever come. THINK ABOUT THE AGONY THIS MAN FACES EACH TIME HE VISITS NIGERIA.. he looks like a bachelor to members of his family in the village, he starts showing them pictures of his abroad family.... IF THAT IS YOUR RELATION, WILL YOU NOT ADVISE HIM TO GET A LADY PREGNANT AT HOME SO YOU CAN SEE HIS CHILD BEFORE HE DIES? it is easy to cast blame on western based African men living double lives .

so, before you talk rubbish about our men, make sure you have actually lived in our circumstances or situations. You think say to get paper na moi moi for jand? mot guys will love to come home, marry their childhood love and settle well abroad, but paper wahala 90% of the time is the yawa... watch AWILO song, le problem de papier... and u will understand. I REST MY CASE!

adefizzy:

I love your reply, you gave the best response so far.

Buy the truth and sell it not, Proverbs 23:23

People dont want to hear the truth, that is why the world is a massive mess!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Bollinger(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
SerRento:

Lol. Look, we can do this back and forth till
eternity. The divorce laws in Nigeria favour the man, the divorce laws in the US favour the woman; both laws are skewed towards a gender.

You have not denied that men in the US would be ecstatic if the divorce laws in America were balanced. Unless, you're saying the divorce laws in the US are infallible and should, thus, be applied in Nigeria.

You have not denied that women wake up and decide to divorce their husbands without consideration for his welfare. The women in Nigeria do not divorce for economic reasons, the women in the US divorce for economic reasons. In short, women love money. Read up on the drop in marriage rates in China after divorce laws were changed to not favour the woman.

Women have little incentive to work when all their needs are met. You can also read up on that. Women would choose the kitchen over other spheres of life if they had to choose.

I do not need to wonder how you think, I know already. You really don't think, you just regurgitate liberal talking points. If you want to see the end point of your western feminism and femcentrism, the Scandinavian axis there for you to study. There is nothing groundbreaking about your worldview, women in Finland and Sweden have been where your women wish to get to and they have discarded the bullshiit. Wake up and stop feeling like yourevthe only eduvayed, civilised Persian on nairaland.

The reason why you refuse to see my point of view is because you think yours is infallible. Travel more and see the world for what it is. Don't just sir down in your hut and let identity poliiciand define your worldview for you.

Unfortunately I have a tasking I have to complete. Will enlighten you further when I get back. The focus will be to stress on not making opinions on issue you nothing about. The divorce laws in the West is not skewered to favor women. It favors common sense because it affects both men and women. You can never understand. Till I get back.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by erico2k2(m): 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Burgerlomo:

It's very pathetic, though not all of them are like that there is still some among them that are good, one just need to pray to God to provide him with his bone of bone or how do they say it, going to your village to marry and bring the person abroad doesn't give you a guarantee that the person is not going to f**k up, as a matter of fact they're the worst.
These days men do not bring wife back to the UK /US but leave them in Nigeria and relocate back hone.thats what's up now.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Bollinger:

Unfortunately I have a tasking I have to complete. Will enlighten you further when I get back. The focus will be to stress on not making opinions on issue you nothing about. The divorce laws in the West is not skewered to favor women. It favors common sense because it affects both men and women. You can never understand. Till I get back.

Why should I take your word for it when other men who have suffered the bitter sting of these laws state otherwise? Are you an authority on divorce laws? grin. If millions of men who were born, brought up, married and divorced in America say the laws are trash why should it be you I believe?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by chrisj2(m): 4:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Can I just add that going home to marry is not just about the doom and gloom that has been expressed in many of the comments to this thread. Also the same from the last 2 similar topics in the last 2 weeks.

People need to also consider that it can be hard to really meet and know people when you are of a certain age and at a certain location; wherever you might be abroad...

Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with arranged marriage - the two families are most likely to be properly invested in the relationship and the success of it rather than just marrying someone you have met independently for a short while and in a country where a lot of things are permissible and mediation can be hard to come by. At least, if things are going wrong with a Nja/Nja marriage, other family mediation and involvement might help.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
AKBliv010:

don't call yourself caveman mentality.. don't do that to yourself.. have you ever wondered why every civilized human society across 7 continents had measures to ensure that women are kept in check..go to the bible Koran..Asia america even our old African tradition.. you think it was a coincidence? women in america basically have all the rights these days and they're abusing it..they're saying if you sit on a bus and spread your legs as a man its a sexual crime..if you have sex with a girl who is sober and one day in the future she decides to withdraw consent for something wet Don happen tey tey. you are a rapist..you need a girls consent in order to say hi to her..don't you see women are crazy and cannot handle authority..? oh and they allow women to abuse their partners and if he calls the police without evidence he goes to jail...
don't wish something you know nothing about on yourself..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
and its slowly soaking into our culture..girls no get respect again.. look at the equal rights movement of feminists..they just want more favour from the law.. they say no equal pay in jobs but men actually work the longest hours yet women want to get same pay for all their self given holidays ..they struggle for the good jobs and run away from life threatening jobs.. you go see..if world war 3 break now..girls go remember say guys na the stronger sex. me am ranting now because like play like play the same thing wey Don dey happen there Don dey come here o.. women now look for a rich guy..fool him into falling in love for her then after childbirth she'll openly cheat on you..get a divorce and take half of all your money with your retirement pension..marriage is just a deathtrap for those oyibo guys and they're avoiding it like a plague.. imagine if dem bring am here where our girls too like money at default and guys are already being stupid..we might not survive it o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady In Shambles, After Man Leaves Her With 70k Bill At A Restaurant (pics) / How Do I Leave A Single Mother Without Hurting Her? / Premarital Sex, The Cheapest Opportunity: A Case Study Of My Neighbor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.