Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. (30987 Views)

I Wish To Marry Her But Her Parents Want To Spoil The Plan / My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer / She Wants Me To Buy Her 66k Phone, But Doesn't Want Me To Touch Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Why don't you love this guy, my dear op?

Marry him..the love would grow afterwards...!!

Don't say "I'm too young".."there is plenty more time"..because those are exactly what sister meg said and today she is 49, No husband, No children...

And forget about that your poor coursemate you are dating....this is real life!! wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
K
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by geloorrrrdd(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
f
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
tee59:
I know ur parents are igbo who lik money dan anytn.. Money is d only language dis igbo women understand, dat is why dey encourage their toddlers to get married to rich dudes wtout considering their happiness and joy. Igbo people and money, only God can separate dem. I kno d guy must be rich.

You must love poverty, since you find something wrong with people who love money.

Ugly thing.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
If your mum says she's not going to fund your school until you marry him and you're in your final year, it's time to change to the "survival to the fittest" mode. In this kind of situation, you need to think logically.

I would say marry him until you graduate and become independent then divorce him undecided

If dem wan show say dem wicked, you go show dem who wicked pass grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by hayatulimisticor(m): 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
undecideddo wat Ur.parents Dnt lyk den..abi?
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by sisisioge: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
Haaaaaaa! Your parents should biko fear God o.

Anyways, tell them you want more time to wrap your head around it. Drag this until you are through with school then do the needful. Good luck.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by preciousMI1(f): 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
THE FACTOR HERE IS NOT THE AGE OF THE GIRL BUT AFFECTION .. IF SHE WAS SAME AGE AND GOT PREGNANT FOR HER BF AND MARRIAGE SETS IN, WONT SHE MARRY? YOUR PARENTS SHOULD CHILL

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by lepasharon(f): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
Funnicator:

You must love poverty, since you find something wrong with people who love money.

Ugly thing.

No one should be a slave to money

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Next2Bezee(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
tee59:
I know ur parents are igbo who lik money dan anytn.. Money is d only language dis igbo women understand, dat is why dey encourage their toddlers to get married to rich dudes wtout considering their happiness and joy. Igbo people and money, only God can separate dem. I kno d guy must be rich.

Is the op's moniker not teniola?

When will u start developing a brain in your head? As its obvious u were born without one.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
lepasharon:

No one should be a slave to money
Swerve go one corner before i comot big cassava!
Money rules the world.
*returns to work*.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by talktonase(m): 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
Masonic:

grin her parents must have a reason for this.

OP, are you fat? Ugly? Deformed? Single mom?
Are you parents broke? There has to be a rationale behind this. There's a reason your folks are insisting on you getting married so soon and to someone you don't like. You might wanna find out.
She should simply honour her father and her mother for her days to be long...

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Shafiiimran99: 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
Since you don't love him you you can't marry him but take it easy with your parent and let them know it is not good to force you to marry somebody you have no feeling for
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by loadedvibes: 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
Babe marry him you won't regret it later. Infact you will come to enjoy it.
Toniaeloho:

My parents got so angry with me. They said I should say agree because he is God fearing, has a good job( he owns a school) and they like him. I still refused , the man told me to marry him because he likes me and my parents like him. I tried reasoning with him but he told me that in those days girls marry men their parents approve.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by UNFADINGG: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
Toniaeloho:
A man in his late twenties approached me to marry him. I was not attracted to him neither was he a very friendly person. I told my mom about it and she advised me to think about it carefully.

After much thought, I decided to refuse because he seemed in hurry to marry me even when he barely knew me.

My parents got so angry with me. They said I should say agree because he is God fearing, has a good job( he owns a school) and they like him. I still refused , the man told me to marry him because he likes me and my parents like him. I tried reasoning with him but he told me that in those days girls marry men their parents approve.

My parents have threatened to not support my schooling if I refuse. I have tried to love this guy but I just can't. My parents esp my mom like him too much. I am not allowed to say a bad word against him. I am in my final year at school and 19 year old.

What should I do?
We seem to be passing through the same issue although mine is a bit different.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Shafiiimran99: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
talktonase:
She should simply honour her father and her mother for her days to be long...
Not that kind of honor
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by lepasharon(f): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
Funnicator:

Swerve go one corner before i comot big cassava!

Money rules the world.

*returns to work*.

Oya comot am grin

No one should be a slave to money just sayin..
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by GindoX(m): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
Just hang urself for tree! End of it.. . grin grin
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by SuzieeDee(f): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
All the best, show him this link and if he can buy your 10000 different items for it then go ahead
http://c./?a=21733&c=11&p=r&E=kkYNyk2M4sk%3d&ckmrdr=&utm_source=cake&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=21733&utm_term=
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by kally234: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2016
Give it a good thought, Marriage is another school, it is not something dependent on third parties, even your parents are third parties when the game begins, but sometime their insight might be of tremendous help because of the obscurity that lies in the mind of a 19 year old

but in the long run, it is so much about your own happiness at the decision you have made

there is nothing as good as asking God in prayer for Guidance, He does guide

you also need to be emotionally prepared for marriage or else you can ruin it in days just after you get into it
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by talktonase(m): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2016
A friend of mine found herself in such a predicament and got married at 20yrs. After giving birth to 3 children she went berserk by abandoning her husband and children 12yrs later.Her regret was that she rushed into te whole marriage thing with no experience in relationships.Right now she is kpanshing all over the place meanwhile the husband is a wonderful person.Girl you really need some soul searching...
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by automatix: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Toniaeloho:
A man in his late twenties approached me to marry him. I was not attracted to him neither was he a very friendly person. I told my mom about it and she advised me to think about it carefully.

After much thought, I decided to refuse because he seemed in hurry to marry me even when he barely knew me.

My parents have threatened to not support my schooling if I refuse. I have tried to love this guy but I just can't. My parents esp my mom like him too much. I am not allowed to say a bad word against him. I am in my final year at school and 19 year old.

What should I do?

I have to be brutal, your mother is selfish and greedy. She is looking to title of "my son in law owns a school" She cares not about your happiness but hers. Stick to your gun and do not give her the chance. Your happiness comes first. That is how one bastard got into my friend's home and even duped them in the process which led to their mum's death as a result of the money lost cos she fell in the bathroom thinking and this also led to health complication. Greed is bad!

You never know what might be the next thing you will face... if you do not have any feelings for him, do not start anything. Let your mum do whatever she likes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Toniaeloho:

What should I do?

Tell your parents to watchn Nollywood. Don't they watch Nollywood
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by linearity: 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2016
Toniaeloho:

What should I do?

When dem go act the part 2 of this cock and bull movie self?

You are 19 years old and in your final year? Or you meant final year for secondary school and your parents dey force you to marry for secondary?
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by talktonase(m): 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
Shafiiimran99:

Not that kind of honor
that's the problem with this generation of ours...streaks and smells of rebellion and disobedience...And you want to live long enough to make heaven tongue
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Longman6(m): 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
Girl, forget your mums threats,She cant carry them out, except she is wicked.So you are cool(i know you are scared).The more you think about it, the more serious it gets in your mind.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
You're definitely igbo.

Toniaeloho:

What should I do?
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by automatix: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
Naijaboiy1:
19 years?

What sort of parents do you have? undecided
Greedy parents.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by ehis05(m): 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
If ur mum likes him so much she should marry marry him na

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by lepasharon(f): 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
joycall:
You're definitely igbo.

Ppl sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by automatix: 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2016
joycall:
You're definitely igbo.

hahahaha... i wanted to ask. Yeah, Igbos still do that till date. Arrangy marriage lol.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2016
You should let me chop your virginity so that at all at all you no lose out from things in the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Your Relationship At The Edge? Bring Back The Spark With These 5 Tips / Yoruba Terms Of Endearment / 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Lagos After Fight With Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.