Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. (30984 Views)

I Wish To Marry Her But Her Parents Want To Spoil The Plan / My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer / She Wants Me To Buy Her 66k Phone, But Doesn't Want Me To Touch Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Viking007(m): 8:44am On Nov 22, 2016
ItsQuinn:
How is that fixed? undecided
Because as usual, Your 'advice' is illogical. smiley

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 22, 2016
Your opinion though smiley
As far as my advice works for her benefit and for her own good. It's cool smiley

What will be your advice? smiley
Viking007:

Because as usual, Your 'advice' is illogical. smiley

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Naijaboiy1: 9:12am On Nov 22, 2016
dingbang:
grin so dem follow ban u seff. Lwkmd
Yes o! grin
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Naijaboiy1: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2016
sylvalord:
This is the first time i am seeing you operate an alternate.. How are you?
Lol...what will a man do when he's incarcerated?

I'm good bro. How about you?
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by prejulsuc(f): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2016
Naijaboiy1:
19 years?

What sort of parents do you have? undecided
infact am just so surprised at some parents attitudes.In this time and age,how can a parents be imposing a man on their daughter knowing well she is still very young and marriages is too complicated to just force a young girl who have so much ambitious to enter.Marriages no dey run nah.Na wey for some parents sha
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2016
Raphafire101:

Loolll...u want her parents to strike u abi

Strike sores would heal, but my broken heart would surely not heal........

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Raphafire101: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Strike sores would heal, but my broken heart would surely not heal........
Hmmmmm...u sound serious...u have our support jare....asin Nairaland support ohhhh.... wink wink
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Lexusgs430: 11:36am On Nov 22, 2016
Raphafire101:

Hmmmmm...u sound serious...u have our support jare....asin Nairaland support ohhhh.... wink wink

Nairaland support is acceptable, but what would be of this kind of support, if OP does not respond?
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by touchmoney: 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
Better marry at age 19 than age 39
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Raphafire101: 1:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Nairaland support is acceptable, but what would be of this kind of support, if OP does not respond?
We force her to respond jare...since we r in dictatorship era.. wink wink
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Lexusgs430: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Raphafire101:

We force her to respond jare...since we r in dictatorship era.. wink wink

We drag Toniaeloho here to this thread to come and respond, albeit kicking and screaming ..................
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Raphafire101: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:

We drag Toniaeloho here to this thread to come and respond, albeit kicking and screaming ..................
Loolllll
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
Am not supporting,I myself hate the way we curse and insult each other
mrblessed:
It breaks my mind why you instill on defending what is vile and barbaric. Oh, she is ethnic Yoruba just like you. But Yoruba as an ethnic group is not on trial here, Igbo is. Therefore, any and everything she said about the Igbo must be true. I want you to read your defence slowly, and see how evasive you were. In keeping with the malicious scheme, you disingenuously refused to stay on the subject of discussion. You didn't want to mention it because you know your friend was wrong, instead you double down, citing the existence of an unimaginable hatred and tension. So much for defending what is overtly indefensible.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Chimdiebere(m): 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Funnicator:

Swerve go one corner before i comot big cassava!

Money rules the world.

*returns to work*.
grin grin
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 1:09am On Nov 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Lol, nice to meet you Lexusgs430
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 1:11am On Nov 23, 2016
pressplay411:
Momma knows best. Marry him, love will grow.hehe
If only it was that easy
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 1:11am On Nov 23, 2016
pressplay411:
Momma knows best. Marry him, love will grow.hehe
If only it was that easy
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 1:29am On Nov 23, 2016
lawlahbammy:
Hmmm
Op I certainly understand this just that mine was a little different.

I got a marriage proposal at 20 from my first wen I was in my third year, told my mum and she said I should marry the guy sharpaly because I'm fat. But I felt I wasn't ready and at 20 I have my education to tidy up first. He left me and quickly went ahead to marry someone else. At 21 again I got this loving guy that was bent on marrying me again, he begged and persuaded me he also involved mum. I turned it down again cos I told him to wait a while but he was in a rush to wife me which I found choking. My mum took it personal as she wanted me to settle down on time because of my stature but at 21 gosh! I can't just get married like that joor. The guy also went and marry another lady after sometimes later.

Later I told my mum how I felt about it and she reluctantly understood my plights, actually my dad didn't know about all these proposals as he won't allow me to do anything against my will.

Fast forward to now, I'm 28 and not married, my father that could take my side is gone to the other side #ripDad.
She won't allow me rest as she usually refer to what happened whenever she wants to remind me that I'm getting old and not married.

So op I will say follow your mind ooo and need I say that I don't regret turning down those proposals. I don't want to endure marriage simply because I was coarse into it. Lemme make my decision and face the consequence of it not putting the blame on my mum.

This is 21st century make your own choice.
Thanks for sharing your experience. It's exactly what I am going through just a bit different. Mother wants us to get married because they feel they know what is best for us regardless of our feelings. You had it better then because you had your dad. I have no one on my side. I hope you meet the man that will love you and your imperfections. Thanks again
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 1:34am On Nov 23, 2016
millionboi:
hahaha
.. .. No mind her,small pinkin dey worry her.
Another reason I think I should wait. if "small pinkin" dey worry me then I should wait till I get matured
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 1:38am On Nov 23, 2016
biggz82:
Kill yourself
For what na. I love my life and want to enjoy it to the fullest.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 1:49am On Nov 23, 2016
Malakh:
The way you people of this generation see love is different from the way our fathers saw it, you guys want to physically attracted to the man, you dont have to be in lust before you love someone,I was gonna really explain it's not even worth it among this nairalanders, this is why Christ said the children of this generation are "wiser"(educated/indoctrinated) than the children of the Light
Physical attraction is important. You must like someone physically for one reason or the other e.g, eyes, height, brain and speech. You can't find someone physically repulsive and love them. Sexual attraction on the other hand is different. You might not be sexually attracted to someone at first but do so as affection deepens. I understand you , my bro. I want to love someone so much that I want to spend the rest of my life with them. I did not say sex or lust. I don't love him. I might be a kid but I am not stupid

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 2:02am On Nov 23, 2016
To those who think I am a loose girl who is sleeping with her boyfriend and should have sex legally by getting married. I want to say that while that is a wrong reason to get married, my parents trust me. My dad even told me I have not failed him as a daughter. The insults should stop pls. Thank you
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 2:11am On Nov 23, 2016
The country is already bad enough. Pls relax a bit on the cultural fights. My problem is not a cultural thing so don't see the need why we should insult each other. Everyone likes money, the Igbos are just industrious. Please forgive whoever started it. She meant well for me but offended my Igbo peeps in the process. Sorry o. Thank you all for the advice

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by biggz82: 7:46am On Nov 23, 2016
For what na. I love my life and want to enjoy it to the fullest

Cos d dead don't g married n ur parents will let u b
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Lexusgs430: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2016
Toniaeloho:

Lol, nice to meet you Lexusgs430

Nice to meet you too. Hope you are clear on the path to follow now, regarding the issue you raised? Did you follow the conversation between Raphafire101 & I?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Toniaeloho(f): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Nice to meet you too. Hope you are clear on the path to follow now, regarding the issue you raised? Did you follow the conversation between Raphafire101 & I?
Yes, I won't raise his hope by making him believe I will marry him. I won't marry first. I will think of your marriage plan
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Nov 23, 2016
Toniaeloho:

Yes, I won't raise his hope by making him believe I will marry him. I won't marry first. I will think of your marriage plan

Best to be married and happy, than married and sad.......
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Malakh: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
if I defined what love is to you, you would love the person regardless of if they were attractive or not, but I do get what you are saying but attraction is not the key to love someone,that is if you knew what love is,now if I knew you personally, i would break it down to you, this is the reason why I have women who can't just leave me(not bragging), they say they are stuck, because they've tasted love and know that it's totally different from the love people talk about
Toniaeloho:

Physical attraction is important. You must like someone physically for one reason or the other e.g, eyes, height, brain and speech. You can't find someone physically repulsive and love them. Sexual attraction on the other hand is different. You might not be sexually attracted to someone at first but do so as affection deepens. I understand you , my bro. I want to love someone so much that I want to spend the rest of my life with them. I did not say sex or lust. I don't love him. I might be a kid but I am not stupid
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Malakh: 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
that is what pride, western education(indocrtrination) being self-centered and putting yourself before a man does to you women of this generation,most of our women was never like that during our forefathers time, you don turn your husbands to boyfriends, i can totally relate because i had a girl like that, first it was masters education, now she's saying she wanna make enough money and she's about your age, i guess i'm not speaking to her.Go ahead and live in your 21st century thats why women compasses the men as written by the Scriptures and seven of them will ask one man for marriage.
lawlahbammy:
Hmmm
Op I certainly understand this just that mine was a little different.

I got a marriage proposal at 20 from my first wen I was in my third year, told my mum and she said I should marry the guy sharpaly because I'm fat. But I felt I wasn't ready and at 20 I have my education to tidy up first. He left me and quickly went ahead to marry someone else. At 21 again I got this loving guy that was bent on marrying me again, he begged and persuaded me he also involved mum. I turned it down again cos I told him to wait a while but he was in a rush to wife me which I found choking. My mum took it personal as she wanted me to settle down on time because of my stature but at 21 gosh! I can't just get married like that joor. The guy also went and marry another lady after sometimes later.

Later I told my mum how I felt about it and she reluctantly understood my plights, actually my dad didn't know about all these proposals as he won't allow me to do anything against my will.

Fast forward to now, I'm 28 and not married, my father that could take my side is gone to the other side #ripDad.
She won't allow me rest as she usually refer to what happened whenever she wants to remind me that I'm getting old and not married.

So op I will say follow your mind ooo and need I say that I don't regret turning down those proposals. I don't want to endure marriage simply because I was coarse into it. Lemme make my decision and face the consequence of it not putting the blame on my mum.

This is 21st century make your own choice.
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Raphafire101: 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
Toniaeloho:

Lexusgs430 are u with us
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Lexusgs430: 12:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
Raphafire101:

Lexusgs430 are u with us

Life Live DIRECT........... You would be our officiating Minister....
Re: Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. by Raphafire101: 2:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Life Live DIRECT........... You would be our officiating Minister....
Gbam!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Women Hate Male Virgins / Yoruba Terms Of Endearment / Is Your Relationship At The Edge? Bring Back The Spark With These 5 Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.