Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Babatunde Fashola For President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Fashola For President (13465 Views)

How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola / Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by AloyEmeka6: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2009
sjeezy8:

Yes ohhh im just waiting for the igbo president to be rigged in because if nigeria was fair, 2015 people would vote fashola over anyone and that can cause another civil war.

so that being said he should stay in las giddi and finish, after the igbo president is done he can run for president, maybe by then people wont have the mind to call for secession.

Why must Nigerians wait for an igbo president before electing a good one. Fashola is tested and can lead Nigeria into the promised land if the forces beyond him will let him do his job . Should we be electing leaders based on their tribal affiliation or their ability to govern? . The Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba have gotten at least one military and civilian president each in the 49 years of Nigerian history ; so why should it be recycled over and over again?. What of the Esan's, Ijaws, Ibibio's, Efik's, Itsekiri's, Urhobo's, Egun's etc.?. So, let us scrap the tribal formula and seek for a leader who can lead us out of this cesspool called Nigeria. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by freshmoney(m): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2009
2080 FOR IGBO PRESIDENT! IGBO NO DEY THE AGENDA, EITHER YORUBA OR HAUSA cool
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by dfkay: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2009
Fashola has done pretty well, but i really dont see the possibility of any party other than PDP winning the 'hot spot'.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Akwaugo3: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2009
No way!!!! He will turn this nation into one big pool of harrassment. The way he is hounding everyone in Lagos is too much. He is working quite alright but it is a nightmare doing business in Eko. The tax folks are something else with their extortion. I don't want him as president.

He will fill the whole country with his dogs.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Cappadona123: 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2009
do u think Hausa's will allow him to get there?Sai Bukky
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by AloyEmeka6: 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2009
freshmoney:

You can stay there till you die if you wish and continue sinking Nigeria deeper into the cesspit. A goat lying on the floor lies on its skin. The day your tribal bigotry leaves your head is the day you will see light. undecided undecided
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by sjeezy8: 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Why must Nigerians wait for an igbo president before electing a good one. Fashola is tested and can lead Nigeria into the promised land if the forces beyond him will let him do his job . Should we be electing leaders based on their tribal affiliation or their ability to govern? . The Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba have gotten at least one military and civilian president each in the 49 years of Nigerian history ; so why should it be recycled over and over again?. What of the Esan's, Ijaws, Ibibio's, Efik's, Itsekiri's, Urhobo's, Egun's etc.?. So, let us scrap the tribal formula and seek for a leader who can lead us out of this cesspool called Nigeria. A word is enough for the wise.

yes we have too cool

Akwa-ugo:

No way!!!! He will turn this nation into one big pool of harrassment. The way he is hounding everyone in Lagos is too much. He is working quite alright but it is a nightmare doing business in Eko. The tax folks are something else with their extortion. I don't want him as president.

He will fill the whole country with his dogs.

I guess paying taxes is a crime in Naija lol
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

yessss oooooo
some people sef, shior.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by sjeezy8: 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2009
Once again yes we have too because we know in an election majority of igbo will be displeased with the results even if its the best candidate that wins, lets not lie to ourselves.

So let an igbo be president so we can get this thing over with
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by mrperfect(m): 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2009
Well @Poster, you opinion is noted.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Gbawe: 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2009
rethink:

@gbawe

Decree 13 is the one that does not give the power to state government to generate power

States can generate power - and they do as the many Independent Power Projects attest to - but they are not allowed to distribute it . To suggest that the generation and distribution  of adequate electricity supply that will bring rapid development for 150 million people is being impeded by a mere decree is a tad simplistic. It is the absence of Political will that is keeping Nigerians from enjoying constant electricity. OBJ , rather than deregulate, preferred to be selfish .  

To enrich himself and his cronies , OBJ kept the FG in the Power equation because he knew that deregulations meant the involvement of more accountability when Private companies , in a PPP arrangement, collaborate with the FG. With the telecom sector for , example , OBJ has no constant access to MTN's profit. He may have recieved a bonus when licenses were handed out but that is probably it.  This is why OBJ produced the NIPP scheme that enriched himself , his daughter and numerous cronies with contract no one else was allowed to bid for .

With deregulation , States would draft in profit-driven power generation companies to design and implement electrification solutions. Under such Private, public sector partnership arrangements there will be hardly any allowance for our corrupt politicians to steal fortunes since the Private companies involved design, implement , maintain and manage any solution provided. No stealing Avenues for a corrupt FG !!!! The Generator and diesel cabal will also use their influence to scupper any attempt at full deregulation of the power sector.

While Yar Adua may not be seeking personal enrichment from our electricity situation like OBJ , I am certain he has time for the various cabals and mafias making a fortune from our power situation. Dangote , for example, can attribute his fortune more to several FG's 'assisting' him unfairly than to intrinsic trading genuis. Certain Northerners have carelessly suggested that a Northern President should use any means to slow down the South. What , given Yar Adua's regressive leadership, is to suggest that our President  does not listen to those ignorant folks ? We should not expect more from Yar Adua than we got from OBJ. I don't  doubt , decree or not , that Fashola will pursue (as a matter of urgency) the immediate deregulation of the power sector if he became President today.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Gentlebabs(m): 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2009
I think we should all pray a corporate prayer, asking all the enemies of this country to DELETE! So as to give room for the "Chosen One" Smilling!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by dplus(m): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2009
wirinet:

Fashola is not Mentally, Politically and strategically strong enough to rule Nigeria, he is still a political neophyte tied to the apron stings of Tinubu

@wirinet Please just an advice when you make an comment in public but very careful.

So Yar Adua , OBJ are Mentally, Politically and strategically strong enough to rule Nigeria, they are not  a political neophyte tied to the apron stings of Tinubu.  

I think you are one of those PDP people who does not see anything GOOD IN DOING GOOD  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

As for  Fashola let him keep up the GOOD work in Lagos and probably go for a second term, I see him getting there but he need to be careful and understand Nigeria at large . If Godluck can rise from deputy Governor to Vice President, them Fashola can get there its a matter of TIME and PERFORMANCE.

PDP will soon be feed up with all the ill gotten wealth and bunch of wrong people.

lets watch and see they will end up destroying each other watch ATIKU, BODE JUDGE etc the list is growing days by day. When a house is set up against itself then you know the end is near.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Gentlebabs(m): 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2009
Fashola has written his name in Gold in Lagos State, but there are still lots to do, that's why we should advocate for a second term. FaSHOLA, SEASON 2
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Gentlebabs(m): 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2009
Abi who no like better thing? He is been emulated by other state Governors, who are not doing badly in their various states. Fashola's commitment and dedication is bringing about healthy competition amongst our Governors. I kinda like that!
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by MUZBO(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
I love Fash seriously but I know even he will not appreciate calls for him to be president when Yar'adua's health is hanging by a thread so please bone this your thread; its inappropriate.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Nchara: 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2009
If you like put it in front page or even on CNN,  but Fasola can never be president of Nigeria in the nearest future or possibly ever. His people can vote for him as is usual with them, but their vote is inconsequential. Yoruba have had their turn, they thus, should lie low until further notice.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by sandee575(f): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2009
Given the presidency job, Fash will be better than all his predecessors (put together) since Nigerian independence.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2009
There is an enormous difference between being a governor and being a president. So Fashola would still need more experience of politics and administration at the federal level before he can even be considered to be a viable presidential candidate.
For the moment he should just concentrate on governing Lagos state.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by 3kay945(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2009
@pcicero, re u sayin fashola did nothin at badagry? if so, u beta go back there with ur eyes open. cos he has renovatd the road+street light, nd work on d marina is still on, wat else do u expect?, put food on every table?, get ur facts b4 yarnin!
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by sjeezy8: 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2009
Nchara:

If you like put it in front page or even on CNN,  but Fasola can never be president of Nigeria in the nearest future or possibly ever. His people can vote for him as is usual with them, but their vote is inconsequential. Yoruba have had their turn, they thus, should lie low until further notice.

Thank you we know because come 2015 after Fasholas second term in Lagos, in a free and fair election in Nigeria, he along with a northern vice president would sweep Nigeria.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Sauron1: 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
freshmoney:

This is preposterous.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by 3kay945(m): 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2009
.@tensor77, wat do u mean? was obama a govrnor b4?,
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by wirinet(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
dplus:

@wirinet Please just an advice when you make an comment in public but very careful.

So Yar Adua , OBJ are Mentally, Politically and strategically strong enough to rule Nigeria, they are not  a political neophyte tied to the apron stings of Tinubu.  

I think you are one of those PDP people who does not see anything GOOD IN DOING GOOD  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

As for  Fashola let him keep up the GOOD work in Lagos and probably go for a second term, I see him getting there but he need to be careful and understand Nigeria at large . If Godluck can rise from deputy Governor to Vice President, them Fashola can get there its a matter of TIME and PERFORMANCE.

PDP will soon be feed up with all the ill gotten wealth and bunch of wrong people.

lets watch and see they will end up destroying each other watch ATIKU, BODE JUDGE etc the list is growing days by day. When a house is set up against itself then you know the end is near.

You are getting overly emotional over the issue in question. I am not a PDP member, and in fact did not vote for any PDP candidate during the last elections - i voted fashola. Also i had not argued about the performance of Fashola as far as Lagos is concerned, and i am not even arguing that Fashola cannot perform wonders if given Nigeria's presidency.

My point is that to be Nigeria's president requires so many extraneous factors.

First you have to have been part of the inner caucus of the ruling class made up of military and political elite, or at least be their nominee. this is crucial to command the loyalty of the Military and people that matters like Obas, Emirs, Sultan, etc.  Fashola does not belong or have the support of the "Mafias"

Secondly does not have any political clout, even in the AC, where every major decision has to be vetted by Tinubu. In Lagos the Lagos political elites are more loyal to Tinubu that Fashola. Fashola did not have any political structure before becoming governor and he had not built one yet. Remember OBJ had to dismantle Atiku's political structure before building his in order to take control of PDP. That was why i said Fashola is still tied to the apron strings of Tinubu.

The Goodluck Jonathan Example is a very good example of the kind of president Fashola would be under the present dispensation. Had Goodluck been allowed to exercise the powers of the vice president till date? the answer is no. Even if he were given the presidency he would only be a lame duck, he would be engineered out if he starts getting ambitious. He was just put there as a figure head and to placate the Niger delta since he perform creditably in his loyalty to Alams and then betrayal when it he was instructed to by OBJ.

Nigeria's political engineering has not changed in the Last 40 years.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2009
3kay945:

.@tensor77, wat do u mean? was obama a govrnor b4?,

Actually Obama was a state senator and then a federal senator before occupying the White House.
More importantly he belongs to a mainstream political party which is not the case for Fashola.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by 2raya: 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority. IN FACT I BELONG TO THE ATEGORY OF THE MAJORITY
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Johnnny(m): 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2009
tensor777:

Actually Obama was a state senator and then a federal senator before occupying the White House.
More importantly he belongs to a mainstream political party which is not the case for Fashola.

Ol boy! I fear for you o, are u saying AC is not a mainstream political party in Nigeria?
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by wurami: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2009
Barrister Babatunde Fashola is a sensible Governor no doubt about it and he has done a tremendous job in Lagos state, but we must not deceive ourselves He can never rule nigeria not even by mistake.
Let us now assume he is given the opportunity, his perfomance will be worst if compared to administrations of the likes: yar'ADULL, Obasanjo Babangida Abacha e t c. Take for instance Gov yar'adua was an excellent Governor in Kastina but as a president HE FAILED woefully also Gov. Goodluck Jonathan was a remarkable governor in Bayelsa, now as a vice president HE WAS HANDICAPPED. THE main reason why these good brains in various states could not perform at the presidency is because of the small group of powerful nigerians who are really responsible for the mode and manner this country nigeria should be ruled and governor fashola if allowed as a president cannot escaped being controlled this evil group.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by ifele(m): 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2009
Fashola sucks oko-phallus of orioko statue in satanic shrines.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2009
dplus:

So Yar Adua , OBJ are Mentally, Politically and strategically strong enough to rule Nigeria, they are not a political neophyte tied to the apron stings of Tinubu.

I think you are one of those PDP people who does not see anything GOOD IN DOING GOOD lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

As for Fashola let him keep up the GOOD work in Lagos and probably go for a second term, I see him getting there but he need to be careful and understand Nigeria at large . If Godluck can rise from deputy Governor to Vice President, them Fashola can get there its a matter of TIME and PERFORMANCE.

Oh Come on NOw. . . . . where in his response did you get all that from?
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2009
wurami:

THE main reason why these good brains in various states could not perform at the presidency is because of the small group of powerful nigerians who are really responsible for the mode and manner this country nigeria should be ruled and governor fashola if allowed as a president cannot escaped being controlled this evil group.

There is no need to come up with wild conspiracy theories as to why Fashola would not be effective as President.
In fact he could be a very good President. But for him to even be considered as a viable candidate he would have to join a party with  sufficient Federal spread.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Eziachi: 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2009
faoni572:

This is PDP policy, it is not in the constitution that we should rotate presidency

But the truth is that PDP is Nigeria and PDP's constitution is more weighteir than your so called constitution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Judiciary Workers To Join Planned Labour Strike / Presidential Election: NCC Denounces Plan To Shut Down Networks / Presidency Says Atiku Desperate As Atiku Submits Tinubu’s CSU Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.