Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Best Governor Of The Year 2009 - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor Of The Year 2009 (23383 Views)

Poll: Vote The Best Governor Of this Year

Barr Sullivan Chime (Enugu): 9% (15 votes)
Com. Adams Oshomole (Edo): 6% (11 votes)
Barr Babatunde Fashola (Lagos): 68% (114 votes)
Mr. Peter Obi (Anambra): 4% (7 votes)
Mr. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers): 7% (12 votes)
Mohammed Namadi Sambo (Kaduna): 0% (1 vote)
Gabriel Suswam (Benue): 1% (3 votes)
Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano): 1% (2 votes)
Martin Elechi (Ebonyi): 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2009
Talk talk too much talk but fashola na the man
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nchara: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
What are the criteria for voting? You guys are jokers.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2009
PapaBrowne:

@Pacodas
You gleefully omitted the Delta State Governor whose state has been a major discourse in this thread!.

pacodas:

Oh I must be out of my minds I thot I added Him. Please Moderator Add Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta State)

We are still waiting! embarassed
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Remii(m): 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2009
Hear this. At Osun State University, Osogbo, the VC wanted to show off with Gov Oyinlola present. He asked the students by shouting, Which is the best University in Nigeria? They all answered, Osun State Universityyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He then proceeded to ask again shouting, Who is the best Governor in Nigeria, The students responded will louder chorus, FASOLAAAAAA!!!!!!! to the surprise of the VC and the bewilderment of the Governor.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by debosky(m): 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2009
Remii:

Hear this. At Osun State University, Osogbo, the VC wanted to show off with Gov Oyinlola present. He asked the students by shouting, Which is the best University in Nigeria? They all answered, Osun State Universityyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He then proceeded to ask again shouting, Who is the best Governor in Nigeria, The students responded will louder chorus, FASOLAAAAAA!!!!!!! to the surprise of the VC and the bewilderment of the Governor.

grin grin grin
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nchara: 8:39pm On Dec 11, 2009
How to rate the governors:

This is usually done based on different parameters, followed by a grand selection for the overall best performance

Best gov security
Best gov food production
Best gov infrastructure (roads/housing/water supply)
Best gov prompt salary payment
Best gov industrialization
Best gov job creation
Best gov provision of health
Best gov rural development
Best gov improvement in education/provision of scholarships
Best gov low or no corruption (just by perception, at least for now)
Best gov environmental/beautification
More,

Anything short of a scientific method is null and void and ends here at NL cheesy cheesy
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by vowiski(m): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
A DUMB PROCESS.
HOW where the Governors picked for Voting,
the poster just woke up and put names there.
Arrant NONSENSE! m not a part of this sarcasm
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2009
vowiski:

A DUMB PROCESS.
HOW where the Governors picked for Voting,
the poster just woke up and put names there.
Arrant NONSENSE! m not a part of this sarcasm

Very unnecessary, it's not like they put a gun to your head to participate,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by jude33084(m): 10:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
people always say that fashola is the best, well, he is considering his achievement for the past 2yrs. Lagos is rich, delta is rich, rivers the same. wink
I want you guys to see things from this angle. Had it been that lagos is not rich, what state do you think will be leading? undecided
Edo is one state that pdp destroyed ffor 9yrs nothing was done during those yrs. Adams came and begin to fix things up. IGR in edo state has cross I billion now. Roads are being contructed, beautification is going on, creation of jobs is everywhere. Adams has come to rescue EDO STATE from squalor.

Come to Benin City now you will be glad you did because we are doing it the Adams way.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 12:39am On Dec 12, 2009
Imo State ''clean and Green'' project, the best in Nigeria (with photos)

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/peter-claver-oparah/irroma-laudable-development-from-imo.html
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 1:46am On Dec 12, 2009
mekusxxx:

Imo State ''clean and Green'' project, the best in Nigeria (with photos)

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/peter-claver-oparah/irroma-laudable-development-from-imo.html

^^^^Not bad.

No need to overreach with "The best in Nigeria" claim though.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 1:57am On Dec 12, 2009
LAWMA. (Lagos State Waste Management Authority)

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 2:03am On Dec 12, 2009
Total number of post on page = 13
Posts on page so far by babapupa = 4
Percentage of posts on page so far by babapupa = 31% (approx)
Total number of members of NL = a few thousand embarassed
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 2:15am On Dec 12, 2009
^^^^dat won dey deny you sleep?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 5:24am On Dec 12, 2009
Barr Sullivan Chime (Enugu) 6 (17.1%)
Com. Adams Oshomole (Edo) 5 (14.3%)
Barr Babatunde Fashola (Lagos) 17 (48.6%)
Mr. Peter Obi (Anambra) 3 (8.6%)
Mr. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers) 3 (8.6%)
Mohammed Namadi Sambo (Kaduna) 0 (0%)
Gabriel Suswam (Benue) 0 (0%)
Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano) 0 (0%)
Martin Elechi (Ebonyi) 1 (2.9%)

Total Votes: 35

One Yoruba
Three Igbo + One Igbo-like (Amechi)
One Edo
Three Northerners
Where are the other Yoruba governors, assuming this fake rating is anything to go by? Are they still sleeping?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by edoyad(m): 7:50am On Dec 12, 2009
To be fair, i wouldn't be surprised if something like 80% of the people posting here are Lagosians in spirit, hence the Fasholazition of the topic.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by greateliso(m): 11:27am On Dec 12, 2009
edoyad:

To be fair, i wouldn't be surprised if something like 80% of the people posting here are Lagosians in spirit, hence the Fasholazition of the topic.

you are right
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2009
^^^^Sour grapes.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by bestscores(f): 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2009
cool
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nchara: 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2009
Gbenga Daniel's Ogun State (laugh out very loud)

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by jona2: 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2009
lol.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by auwal87(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2009
I'm not Lagosian, but honestly Fashola is a Visionary leader. Its not easy to rule complex places like Lagos. Kudos!
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2009
BT Health and Diagnostic Centre at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH)

[img]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ng_RakmNJRE/SmakNdawxFI/AAAAAAAAAM8/MgPr6pcTwEY/s512/DSCN0264.jpg

[/img]
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by software(m): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2009
Fashola is hotter than fire,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nchara: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2009
The real everyday Lagos

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by jona2: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2009
jesu. grin
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nchara: 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2009
The real everyday Lagos

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nchara: 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2009
The real everyday Lagos

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by brooklyn99: 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2009
^^^^^hey, triablist, yeah u^^^^ u know this thread is not about the faults of lagos right?its titled the "best gov", but then again what do i expect from a clear tribalist. hahhahahaha, i seen you pics of abia.  dont u think itd be a good idea to let the governor of lagos govern that sh.it hole for like 4 months so he can effect some changes there?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2009
brooklyn99:

^^^^^hey, triablist, yeah u^^^^ u know this thread is not about the faults of lagos right?its titled the "best gov", but then again what do i expect from a clear tribalist. hahhahahaha, i seen you pics of abia. dont u think itd be a good idea to let the governor of lagos govern that sh.it hole for like 4 months so he can effect some changes there?

Dude can not help himself. He's a known displayer of bad bele, abi what else is there to do if you no get anything good to show about your village?

I bet he still carry oyel lantern around in his village, lmao
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nchara: 3:40am On Dec 13, 2009
brooklyn99:

^^^^^hey, triablist, yeah u^^^^ u know this thread is not about the faults of lagos right?its titled the "best gov", but then again what do i expect from a clear tribalist. hahhahahaha, i seen you pics of abia. dont u think itd be a good idea to let the governor of lagos govern that sh.it hole for like 4 months so he can effect some changes there?

Hey Oduduwa defender. This thread was not about Lagos. It was about the entire governors but red baba decided to turn it into Lagos. So I am helping him show the whole world the complete picture of Lagos. The good and bad must come together and nobody is deceived by the flashy side only. Fasola is not so hot afterall. BTW, some Yoruba in here are fast becoming synonymous with calling people tribalist just because their opinions differ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Magu Unveils EFCC Football Club / Buhari Constitutes Advisory Committee On Anti-corruption / Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.