Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Best Governor Of The Year 2009 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor Of The Year 2009 (23327 Views)

Poll: Vote The Best Governor Of this Year

Barr Sullivan Chime (Enugu): 9% (15 votes)
Com. Adams Oshomole (Edo): 6% (11 votes)
Barr Babatunde Fashola (Lagos): 68% (114 votes)
Mr. Peter Obi (Anambra): 4% (7 votes)
Mr. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers): 7% (12 votes)
Mohammed Namadi Sambo (Kaduna): 0% (1 vote)
Gabriel Suswam (Benue): 1% (3 votes)
Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano): 1% (2 votes)
Martin Elechi (Ebonyi): 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 2:41am On Dec 09, 2009
Eye On Lagos - Clean and Green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR-WTMPzD5c
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 2:43am On Dec 09, 2009
Developments in new Lagos City, Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIQe2kpjAR4
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 2:46am On Dec 09, 2009
Eye on Lagos - Bus Rapid Transport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dfyj1YkypY
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by nellaluv(f): 2:56am On Dec 09, 2009
Best governor of the year 2009
Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) - governor of Lagos state
Chime Sullivan- governor of Enugu state.
I wish i had pics to post lol
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 3:08am On Dec 09, 2009
Best governor instractucture = Chime and Fasola
Best governor rural development = Martin Elechi
Best governor Fiscal management= Obi
Best governors -touching the lives of the average masses = Imoke, Uduaghan and Akwa Ibom governor
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 3:15am On Dec 09, 2009
We need to give it to the Bayelsa governor, Timepre Silva.
Timepre Silva is the only governor in Nigeria to open state finances to external auditors (other governors catch fever at the mere thought).
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 3:16am On Dec 09, 2009
Fasola is building stuff with half of the money, and stealing 1/4 and giving 1/4 to Tinubu.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 3:26am On Dec 09, 2009
I don't think Fashola performed better than Rotimi Amechi of Rivers besides, there could be so many Northern governors who could be doing well as well.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 3:31am On Dec 09, 2009
It is a matter of who is friendly with the press. Fasola is the master press man grin grin

Aloy~Emeka:

I don't think Fashola performed better than Rotimi Amechi of Rivers besides, there could be so many Northern governors who could be doing well as well.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 3:40am On Dec 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I don't think Fashola performed better than [b]Rotimi Amechi [/b]of Rivers besides, there could be so many Northern governors who could be doing well as well.

Showing us what he did or is doing better than Fashola would have sufficed,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 3:53am On Dec 09, 2009
One Governor once said, if you stand in the middle of the star of David and make any wish, and walk around it seven times, your wish will come true.

Who is this wonderful governor?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 4:04am On Dec 09, 2009
babapupa:

Who is this wonderful governor?

[size=14pt]
We need to give it to the Bayelsa governor, Timepre Silva.
Timepre Silva is the only governor in Nigeria to open state finances to external auditors (other governors catch fever at the mere thought).[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I challenge your governor. . .
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 4:13am On Dec 09, 2009
babapupa:

Showing us what he did or is doing better than Fashola would have sufficed,

Show us what Fashola actually did in pictures besides promises of what is gonna happen in due course?. I don't need pictures of  that hospital because it won't cut it.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 4:30am On Dec 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Show us what Fashola actually did in pictures besides promises of what is gonna happen in due course?. I don't need pictures of  that hospital because it won't cut it.

I'll go ahead and indulge you on one condition. Are you willing to post 2 pictures from cross rivers for each Lagos picture?

And what wont cut it about the hospital picture? is it not infrastructural development and  direct result of of what lagosians charged the governor to do?

Sorry, you can not set the rules, Fashola built the hospital, it's one of his numerous achievements and I'm not telling you what to post or not post.

Are you game?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 4:49am On Dec 09, 2009
Fashola gets media attention more than many governors but that doesn't mean that Ogun, bayelsa, Rivers, kaduna etc governors are redundant. Didn't you see Enugu university constructed by their givernor. If an independent oyibo didn't go there to take pictures, will you even know that such things are happening there?. I can't remember any serious landmark achievement from Fashola apart from that hospital you are about to post. If you can, list them.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 5:25am On Dec 09, 2009
Going on and on about the media sounds redundant because it's one thing to drag the media around, having something to show the media is another thing, Of what use is the media if you have nothing to show? It's common sense. Obviously Fashola is doing something hence us having pictures to post everyday.

There's no need to drag the media or force them to take pictures of his achievements, it's out in the open, you can not miss it. Peop see new over head bridges, new roads, new buses, new parks, tees and flowers, street lights, almost crime free environment and sane society.

People don't need the press to document all that, they are witnessing it, it's all around them.

BRT

Lag Bus
Clover Leaf Park

Ozumba Mbadiwe road

Oshodi Rehabilitation

Ademola Adetokunbo road

Bourdillion-Alexandra-Gerrard-Osborne road in Ikoyi

construction of Okota- Itire overhead Link Bridge

The dualization of Mobil broad and Wilmer Crescent in Apapa

Lagos-Badagry Expressway

City Link Boats

ultra modern BT Pediatric complex and BT Health and Diagnostic Centre at LASUTH

Child and Maternal Care Centers at Ikorodu, Mushin, Surulere, Isolo and Ifako Ijaiye

General Hospitals at Amuwo Odofin, Gbagada, Ajeromi, Isolo and Ikorodu

[img]http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/photos/2009/12/07/20091207L02.jpg

[/img]
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 5:28am On Dec 09, 2009
The most sophisticated waste management operation in Nigeria,

[img]http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/photos/2009/03/19/20090319L12.jpg
[/img]

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 5:32am On Dec 09, 2009
LASU has been on strike for godot and the inability of Babapupa (sorry Fasola) to solve the problem speaks volume about his human relations skills. Anyway I hear say he is fighting the battle of his life with his godfather Tinubu.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 5:33am On Dec 09, 2009
babapupa:

Going on and on about the media sounds redundant because it's one thing to drag the media around, having something to show the media is another thing, Of what use is the media if you have nothing to show? It's common sense. Obviously Fashola is doing something hence us having pictures to post everyday.

There's no need to drag the media or force them to take pictures of his achievements, it's out in the open, you can not miss it. Peop see new over head bridges, new roads, new buses, new parks, tees and flowers, street lights, almost crime free environment and sane society.

People don't need the press to document all that, they are witnessing it, it's all around them.   

BRT

Lag Bus
Clover Leaf Park

Ozumba Mbadiwe road

Oshodi Rehabilitation

Ademola Adetokunbo road

Bourdillion-Alexandra-Gerrard-Osborne road in Ikoyi

construction of Okota- Itire overhead Link Bridge

The dualization of Mobil broad and Wilmer Crescent in Apapa

Lagos-Badagry Expressway

City Link Boats

ultra modern BT Pediatric complex and BT Health and Diagnostic Centre at LASUTH

Child and Maternal Care Centers at Ikorodu, Mushin, Surulere, Isolo and Ifako Ijaiye

General Hospitals at Amuwo Odofin, Gbagada, Ajeromi, Isolo and Ikorodu

[img]http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/photos/2009/12/07/20091207L02.jpg

[/img]

You see what I mean; I've been following Fashola more than you. Just cancel out the ones in red.

Tell me what is the difference between what Fashola did in Lagos and what Chime did at Enugu?. Chime built roads, hospitals and even went further to do a 100% reconstruction of the state university. Has Fashola done that to dilapidated LASU?. Believe me, Fashola thrives on media hype but that doesn't mean he is not doing well after all half a loaf is better than no bread. I can't believe you added lagos bus?. why not include Akala in your list of praiseworthy governors because he did that too?.

I am oblivious of Fashola because Tinubu who embezzled the state put him there. There is no way Tinubu is not making serious money out of that and this media hype may be to confuse people like you who are dedicated apologists no matter what.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 5:34am On Dec 09, 2009
Other states have taxi transport system, e.g. Enugu, Imo, Abia, Cross Rivers and Oyo. BRT is good for Lag because of the population. You do not need BRT in smaller (population wise) states. So there is nothing fantastic about BRT
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 5:38am On Dec 09, 2009
Fasola's media hype days are over. Now we know better that the man is fake. Lagos is already developed long ago by the FGN and Fashola is only doing white washing.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 5:40am On Dec 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

You see what I mean; I've been following Fashola more than you. Just cancel out the ones in red.

Tell me what is the difference between what Fashola did in Lagos and what Chime did at Enugu?. He built roads, hospitals and even went further to do a 100% reconstruction of the state university. Has Fashola done that to dilapidated LASU?. Believe me, Fashola thrives on media hype but that doesn't mean he is not doing well after all half a loaf is better than no bread.

Like I told you, instead of running mouth, why don't you do what I'm doing to prove your point, post your own pictures. It's one thing to cry and whyn, it's another to put something where your mouth is,

See, it really doesn't matter what I posted here tonight and even though you have nothing to post to assert your own point with, you'll never be satisfied because you have other considerations like bad bele and regional differences driving your blind and dishonest rants.

Where are your pictures. I want to see what they are doing in Enugu, you still haven't posted one single picture? You have no mouth to talk myfriend.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 5:44am On Dec 09, 2009
Fasola is building stuff with half of the money, and stealing 1/4 and giving 1/4 to Tinubu.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 5:51am On Dec 09, 2009
Enugu digital map to gulp N467m
Latest News Nov 24, 2009 By Tony Edike

ENUGU—THE new Digital Mapping of Enugu State, which would capture and show all the physical features, topography and landscape of the state is to cost the state government N467 million.

Already, a team from a South African-based company, Southern Mapping Company awarded the contract, which will work in collaboration with the Enugu Map Company, has commenced work on the project.

Briefing newsmen on the importance of the project, yesterday, Secretary to Enugu State Government, Mr. Martin Ilo said that it was in keeping with “government’s commitment to develop the state” and also digitalize the state map, which was done last in 1982.

He explained that the digital map, which would capture and show all the physical features, topography and landscape of the state, would on completion “help government in identifying various locations in the state.”
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 5:53am On Dec 09, 2009
Enugu golf city in the works
http://www.enugulifestyle.com/

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 5:56am On Dec 09, 2009
Congratulations to the Enugu State Water Development Project for winning the Environmental Protection Agency's People, Prosperity, and Planet (EPA P3) Award
http://www.ewb-uiuc.org/taxonomy/term/18
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 5:57am On Dec 09, 2009
Enugu and her giant strides in both urban and rural development
http://www.enugustate.gov.ng/infrastructure.php
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 6:01am On Dec 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Biggest delusional joke of the year.

And why cancel anything. abi no be Fashola do am?

Tell me what is the difference between what Fashola did in Lagos and what Chime did at Enugu?.

The burden is on you to show the difference with your own pic, till you do, you just dey yarn just for the heck of it.

Chime built roads, hospitals and even went further to do a 100% reconstruction of the state university.

Show me and stop talking,

Believe me, Fashola thrives on media hype but that doesn't mean he is not doing well after all half a loaf is better than no bread. I can't believe you added lagos bus?. why not include Akala in your list of praiseworthy gop your argumenvernors because he did that too?

Again, media can not build roads and bridges, stop the insernity. This discussion is not about Akala and he's no my governor. Let's stay focused.

I am oblivious of Fashola because Tinubu who embezzled the state put him there. There is no way Tinubu is not making serious money out of that and this media hype may be to confuse people like you who are dedicated apologists no matter what.

I used to think you're a good and honest debater, it's painful to see you jump from one end the the other simply because you have nothing to back up your argument. Showing up and running mouth with just spit and no facts don't make no damn sense. What's Tinubu got to do with Fashola? How did Tunibu entered the discussion abi Tinubu is the 3rd term governor of Lagos state?

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 6:05am On Dec 09, 2009
The Enugu State Government has introduced a Super WiFi for the capital city as a way of deepening its wide global access project and putting the state on the digital edge.
http:///?p=359
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2009
Chime has transformed Enugu into a beautiful city, says Kano Governor

http://enuguppphousing.com/news2009-2.html
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 6:11am On Dec 09, 2009
On-Going Projects

Lake View Estate

Enugu Lifestyle & Golf City

Hillcrest Estate
Nkwubor Estate

http://enuguppphousing.com/projects.html
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 6:12am On Dec 09, 2009
Enugu launches urban taxi scheme

http://enuguppphousing.com/news2009-8.html

Governor Chime commissions fire fighting vehicles, bulldozers

http://enuguppphousing.com/news2009-3.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Abdul Azeez Akinsanya Targets Igbo Votes In New Poster (photos) / Gani Mohammed Ajowa Walks Out Of Radio Debate With Leye Igbagbo / IPOB Tells Kwankwaso To Stop Linking Peter Obi And Them Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.