Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Best Governor Of The Year 2009 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor Of The Year 2009 (23325 Views)

Poll: Vote The Best Governor Of this Year

Barr Sullivan Chime (Enugu): 9% (15 votes)
Com. Adams Oshomole (Edo): 6% (11 votes)
Barr Babatunde Fashola (Lagos): 68% (114 votes)
Mr. Peter Obi (Anambra): 4% (7 votes)
Mr. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers): 7% (12 votes)
Mohammed Namadi Sambo (Kaduna): 0% (1 vote)
Gabriel Suswam (Benue): 1% (3 votes)
Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano): 1% (2 votes)
Martin Elechi (Ebonyi): 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by olafolarin(m): 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola all the way,
Fashola tops the list and his nearest neigbour in ibadan occupies bottom of the list.
Fashola will procceed to something better while Akala will be voted out come 2011.
35 governors of fashola's foresight,dedication,plan and intuition will have transformed Nigeria to the best in Africa.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by adigun101: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2009
themano:

For me, its Peter Obi of Anambra State. Given the bottom pit Anambra state has been and the level of infrastructure, roads, hospitals, the number of schools fixed, and the FACT (if you doubt this, come to Anambra state and tour the towns and villages) that anambra state bar Abuja, has the BEST network of roads in Nigeria.

Enugu state is just Enugu city that is seeing good things. Lagos has been the Federal Capital and has solid structures for sustainable growth.  And both of them have the Majority of their legislators in the same party

In Anambra state, Until Ngige did some roads, nothing good had happened since Ukpabi Asika Regime in the 70s.   And to perform with the PDP hawks around,  is so amazing.

Almost every village has at least one Good tarred road (177 villages!), primary health care center.

Compared to what is coming in and what the man is doing, i will give it to him anyday. Though he can certainly do better in his next tenure
Unfortunately for Obi , his tenure is coming to and end even after all his good works and fiscal management.
He is the only highly [/b]rated governor in this situation.
maybe it has to do with the fact that other states like lagos et al don't have [b]super-rated
opposition like Soludo and Ngige.

We also need to look at Uduaghan, I think he has highly impacted the life of deltans.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2009
Forget all this rubbish!
The best gov is Uduaghan of Delta grin grin grin grin grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-363567.0.html#msg5075667
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by olafolarin(m): 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
Beaf:

Forget all this rubbish!
The best gov is Uduaghan of Delta grin grin grin grin grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-363567.0.html#msg5075667

So with your intelligence,only street wide-screen TV,Church complex and Hotel swimming pool makes Uduaghan the best governor.

I am amazed with your display of stupidity.

Fashola definitely leads the pack with his visionary leadership and the execution of the new lagos Masterplan which will turn lagos into Africa's new Mega city.

In Fashola's world,other governors including Uduaghan and rotimi are migdets.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by banom(m): 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola and some how Sullivan Chime has not just my vote but also my respect especially Fashola
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola all the way, for me the BRT scheme alone tells me he has the people in mind.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by phantom(m): 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2009
@olafolarin, dont judge rotimi until u've come to PH, otherwise u STFU and sit down, not all governors are publicised and not all governors commision projects like your fashola.like i said come to ph and see and dont paint every thing with tribal sentiments, grin
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2009
olafolarin:

So with your intelligence,only street wide-screen TV,Church complex and Hotel swimming pool makes Uduaghan the best governor.

I am amazed with your display of stupidity.

Fashola definitely leads the pack with his visionary leadership and the execution of the new lagos Masterplan which will turn lagos into Africa's new Mega city.

In Fashola's world,other governors including Uduaghan and rotimi are migdets.

Only a fool abuses others for cheap reasons. Look in the mirror, clown.
I don't care much about your choice, [size=14pt]Uduaghan is the best governor in Nigeria[/size], let it kill you grin.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2009
Unarguably Fashola
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by edoyad(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2009
These ones mentioning Rivers and Delta states, let them clarify if the ones in Nigeria before i can start laughing in earnest. grin
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2009
edoyad:

These ones mentioning Rivers and Delta states, let them clarify if the ones in Nigeria before i can start laughing in earnest. grin

Right now, they can not clarify anything, the achievements are buried under ground and they need to get hold of reporters from lagos state to unearth and exposed them to the people, All they have for now is just talk talk,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
edoyad:

These ones mentioning Rivers and  Delta states, let them clarify if the ones in Nigeria before i can start laughing in earnest.  grin

What exactly do you want to laugh about Delta state? You will end up the one being laughed at.

I also want to know which states you will be comparing Delta state to. I'm ready, lets go cool.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2009
babapupa:

Right now, they can not clarify anything, the achievements are buried under ground and they need to get hold of reporters from lagos state to unearth and exposed them to the people, All they have for now is just talk talk,

My friend, half the press in Lagos is owned by Delta state people. Calm down, we might be minorities, but we no dey carry last!
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by phantom(m): 9:35pm On Dec 10, 2009
like i said, lagos has been so devt starved that fash is seen as a king, the truth remains that most lagosians have  the lowest standard of living you can find in the country, no beef intended, so a little ease of life is well appreciated, lol, wankers!!
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by desktop: 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2009
And the nominees are
Gov Raji Fashola of Lagos State<applause>
Gov Raji Fashola of Lagos State<applause>
and
Gov Raji Fashola of Lagos State < even more applause>

And the winner is (Of course our man)
Gov Raji Fashola of Lagos state <andeveryone goes wild with joy and glee!>

I no longer buy shock absorbers since i started driving this man is saving me a bundle!
I drove to Magodo last night at about 10.45pm Ikorodu road was a bit dark (PHCN wins the award most hopeless and useless govt parastatal ever since the existence of existence!- BASTARDS)
now as i was saying - God punish all PHCN people!
as i was saying, so i drove to magodo and back with full speed (ember months don come-omila boys peak period,run fast or get dispossessed!

i did not enter any gallop just me and my car in speeding in the dark, one more time God punish, thats right!<so u agree with me?>
Dem for hand over utilities to state Govts na abi? undecided
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by phantom(m): 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
@babapupa, and i guess renovating the same roads in lagos is worth mentioning abi??pls count the no of new roads you have in lagos, if dem pass 10 den the man dey try
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
Beaf:

My friend, half the press in Lagos is owned by Delta state people. Calm down, we might be minorities, but we no dey carry last!

Who is trying to take away your minority status? lol.

So, why are your media folks not using their immense resources to unearth the goodies you're straining hard to come up with beside the swimming pool and road side picture you posted? Why are your people aggrieved that their is zero development in the delta. Oh, I forgot, it's the federal government responsibility, not your elected officials,

Ndo, e go better one day,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2009
phantom:

@babapupa, and i guess renovating the same roads in lagos is worth mentioning abi??pls count the no of new roads you have in lagos, if dem pass 10 den the man dey try

You mean they should just ignore the old roads, let people suffer and bulldoze houses to build new ones, Your smartness is shining through I swear,

na you biko,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by phantom(m): 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
@baba, very good, i like your argument so why the noise, the population of lagos increases everyday, but the roads and amenities dont so why are all y'all gettin excited?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by edoyad(m): 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2009
@beaf if warri nor dey carry last, why don't they establish their media houses in Delta, why come go to Lagos ? Or warri people can't read ?
Recently they were talking about the phenomenal achievements of Lagos state at a tax conference where it was revealed that Lagos now receives 16b Naira a month from tax collection, do you know what our good friend the gov'nor of Delta said was part of his own achievements ? He said that a lot of money was going towards fueling the generators that power the street lights he installed in Delta. My brother and couldn't stop laughing, a country where There's no power in peoples homes and businesses, and yet you're talking about powering street lights with generators. grin they say a people deserve their govt. i guess undecided
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
phantom:

@baba, very good, i like your argument so why the noise, the population of lagos increases everyday, but the roads and amenities dont so why are all y'all gettin excited?

So, what do you want the state to do? build new roads for each new arrival? I don't get your argument.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 9:59pm On Dec 10, 2009
babapupa:

Who is trying to take away your minority status? lol.

So, why are your media folks not using their immense resources to unearth the goodies you're straining hard to come up with beside the swimming pool and road side picture you posted? Why are your people aggrieved that their is zero development in the delta. Oh, I forgot, it's the federal government responsibility, not your elected officials,

Ndo, e go better one day,

Talk is cheap, Delta state people talk little.

Delta state happens to be far ahead of your state in measurable human indexes, immunisation, child mortality, GDP per capita, life expectancy etc. We regularly trounce you guys with the highest JAMB scores and the number of university admissions for the number of applications. Let that be your homework, find out the Human Development Index (HDI) for each state in Nigeria; tell me which state comes tops and by what margin cool.

But, hey! You think development is planting flowers and converting area boys to lastma; we value the development of the individual in Delta state, yes we value the everyday hard working woman and and man. . . Much, much more than flowers.

I laugh in Igbo, Isoko, Itsekiri, Izon, Urhobo and the many other great Delta state ethnicities not mentioned.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2009
edoyad:

@beaf  if warri nor dey carry last, why don't they establish their media houses in Delta, why come go to Lagos ? Or warri people can't read ?
Recently they were talking about the phenomenal achievements of Lagos state at a tax conference where it was revealed that Lagos now receives 16b Naira a month from tax collection, do you know what our good friend the gov'nor of Delta said was part of his own achievements ? He said that a lot of money was going towards fueling the generators that power the street lights he installed in Delta. My brother and  couldn't stop laughing, a country where There's no power in peoples homes and businesses, and yet you're talking about powering street lights with generators. grin  they say a people deserve their govt. i guess undecided

Incredible!
I don't know the sort of person that laughs at street lights. Don't you know their purpose?

Like so many other things, our street lights are reliable.
Join babapupa in his homework; find out the Human Development Index (HDI) for each state in Nigeria; then lets discuss why Delta state comes tops by such a margin.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by phantom(m): 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2009
@baba, my argument is there is nothing to write home about, simple!
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2009
Beaf:

Talk is cheap, Delta state people talk little.

Delta state happens to be far ahead of your state in measurable human indexes, immunisation, child mortality, GDP per capita, life expectancy etc. We regularly trounce you guys with the highest JAMB scores and the number of university admissions for the number of applications. Let that be your homework, find out the Human Development Index (HDI) for each state in Nigeria; tell me which state comes tops and by what margin cool.

But, hey! You think development is planting flowers and converting area boys to lastma; we value the development of the individual in Delta state, yes we value the everyday hard working woman and and man. . . Much, much more than flowers.

I laugh in Igbo, Isoko, Itsekiri, Izon, Urhobo and the many other great Delta state ethnicities not mentioned.

I guess your answer is nothing to show,

Same talk talk rhetoric as usual,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 10:10pm On Dec 10, 2009
phantom:

@baba, my argument is there is nothing to write home about, simple!

We are all entitled to our opinions,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
babapupa:

I guess your answer is nothing to show,

Same talk talk rhetoric as usual,

No, I challenged you to tell us where your state is in terms of the Human Development Index (HDI). This figures are measurable and easy to obtain, I just want you to seek them out yourself.

Don't run away. I won't let you off easily.

The challenge is on.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by edoyad(m): 10:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
@beaf, When you say find HDI, HDI as compiled by whom ?
The say Human Indices that produced the militants an Gbaramatu kingdom or which one are you talking of ? The same human Indices that made all the oil companies evacuate their offices from Warri ? Even baghdad has a few oil companies operating from there.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
@edoyad
Talk is cheap. Time for bluffing has passed, seek out those figures and confess to me where our states are relative to each other. In fact, I want to know which state tops Delta. Una tink say development na mouth and flowers.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by edoyad(m): 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
Mr beaf i urge you again to please tell me which HDI ? Is it the one of the UN of one Nigerian government agency, please be specific.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2009
Beaf:

No, I challenged you to tell us where your state is in terms of the Human Development Index (HDI). This figures are measurable and easy to obtain, I just want you to seek them out yourself.

Don't run away. I won't let you off easily.

The challenge is on.

Dude, what challenge are you talking about and of what use is your irrelevant index and challenge to me when the discussion is about the best governor?

Don't you wanna go start your own thread and discuss your index to your heart's desire?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Godwithmen: 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2009
themano:

For me, its Peter Obi of Anambra State. Given the bottom pit Anambra state has been and the level of infrastructure, roads, hospitals, the number of schools fixed, and the FACT (if you doubt this, come to Anambra state and tour the towns and villages) that anambra state bar Abuja, has the BEST network of roads in Nigeria.

Enugu state is just Enugu city that is seeing good things. Lagos has been the Federal Capital and has solid structures for sustainable growth.  And both of them have the Majority of their legislators in the same party

In Anambra state, Until Ngige did some roads, nothing good had happened since Ukpabi Asika Regime in the 70s.   And to perform with the PDP hawks around,  is so amazing.

Almost every village has at least one Good tarred road (177 villages!), primary health care center.

Compared to what is coming in and what the man is doing, i will give it to him anyday. Though he can certainly do better in his next tenure

Time will not permit me to let #landers know the good work of Mr Peter Obi, it's true that Ngige tried to do some roads in the state b/4 the emergence of Mr Peter Obi , yet Anambra as a state had not even a state secretariat that he has to start from building a befitting secretariat for the state,
Peter Obi is the man that laid the foundation of Anambra as a state, since then he has been going on implementing the ANIDS programs through which he is developing all sector of the state simultaneously,
such as ; Instituting the government ,
Security, health , Education ,
Road network that touches every community in the state even those areas termed as minor, example is the Umueze-Anam - Mmiata road which is the first road construction undertaking by any state government in Anambra west local government Area since the state was created,
Agriculture, Commerce and industry , sport and youth development , lands and housing, community development to mention but a few,
Upon all these, he is not making noise neither do he want the second term at all cost as other desperate politicians who go around trying to confuse / mislead people with lies,

Mr Obi has not finished his God given mandate in Anambra state till 2014.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form / #2016Budget: FG Unveils 34 Priority Projects / A Glimpse Into The 72-Page Manifesto Released By Peter Obi (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.